Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Silver Bullet and Bucky Plugs

Xtreme Addict

Silver Bullet and Bucky Plugs

New Monsoon product launching next week. The Silver Bullet and the Heroic Bucky Plug

Two patent pending reservoir plugs. The first is plated in 99% pure silver for antimicrobial protection and the second is plated in low nobility tin as a sacrificial anode corrosion inhibitor, like those used in boat motors or domestic water heating tanks. Both feature 557.7325 millimeters^2 of surface area. Both are insulated from the G1/4 plug bodies via a color coded Delrin insulator. The insulator will make it easy to tell the tin and silver versions apart. The goal was to make these very easy to install or periodically replace without having to break your loop down or have some weird looking spiral sitting on the bottom of your reservoir. It also gets them out into the water flow without any performance loss and keeps them from accidentally migrating to someplace you would rather they didn't. The plugs are machined from high quality brass and feature the same easy to use Radial cut coin slot found on our regular Monsoon plugs.

Priced very reasonably I think, they *should* retail for about $5 to $5.50 USD each as singles and slightly discounted in the Silver/Tin Double Shot Two pack. They will also be available in all the colors the Monsoon Free Center Compression fittings come in, (the plug body portion).

I am also going to be including these in the new Monsoon Fluid bottles with ultra pure deionized water, top quality zero solids Japanese dyes, and an easy fill spout with a nice little discount for the package. That should be launching the first or second week of April. The plugs are launching next week however.

I did not add the G1/4 threads to this image to speed up the render. Use your imagination. My bet is on DB for the first Dildo Joke so I purposely did the render to accentuate that lol.

Xtreme Member
    Yea... I already have one of these. Albeit on a much larger scale

OT Looks very nice, I might get one for my setup.
    [3960X 4.8GHz 1.35v] [32GB G.Skill Ripjaws 2133] [EVGA GTX 680 SLI] [ASUS RIVE] [Samsung Spinpoint F1 1TB R0]
    [EK Supreme HF] [EK RIVE Full Board Kit] [Coolgate 120.3 + 120.1] [4 x Scythe GT D1225C12B5AP-15] [BitsPower Compression] [MCP655]
    [3 x Acer S231HL LED 5760 x 1080 2d Surround]

Xtreme Addict
    Yeah this ones designed to make the lady microbes walk funny so no need to get carried away lol. My first render was scaled like a normal G1/4 plug so dime sized looking...so I zoomed WAY in...like they do in teh pr0ns...the camera REALLY does add about 10 pounds in this case

Xtreme Enthusiast
    butt plugs for your loop?
    i7 2600k, 8GB 1866Mhz DDR3, GTX560 Ti, Gigabyte Z68XP-UD4, CM Cosmos 1000 Case, and some green crap everywhere.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alexandr0s View Post
    So you're saying I could use my own pee as coolant?

Xtreme Member
    These are cool.

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by defect9 View Post
    butt plugs for your loop?
    That is TOOOO funny lol. More like butt plugs for your microbes =)

I actually installed a pair on top of my Monsoon D5 reservoir and when you get low enough to look up and see them they sorta look like some kind of cool electrical conductors in a lab.

Next will be the ribbed jokes. And wait till you see how they are packaged for shipment...to keep the silver from tarnishing they have a little rubber condom on them. I am serious lol.
    Last edited by BoxGods; 03-13-2012 at 03:08 PM. Reason: spelling...forgot a T

Would you like some Pie?
    My loop doesn't swing that way.
    Xeon W3520 @ 4.0Ghz ~ 3x 7970 ~ 12GB DDR3 ~ Dell U2711

Xtreme Addict
    Why tin instead of zinc or magnesium, the more commonly accepted anodic metals?

Xtreme Addict
    We don't have a lot of aluminum in our loops. Mostly metals much higher on the nobility scale--copper, stainless etc. If you go too far down the scale you are just burning the anode needlessly. Also Tin doesn't usually scale as it corrodes so your not running the risk of little bits of scale flaking off and clogging micro fins etc.

We also don't run in saltwater or highly acidic fluids--generally it's pure DI so cost vs performance come into play a bit. In my patent filing I included Zinc and Magnesium just in case we find some users who want them for more hostile working environments though I can't really think of any offhand. Maybe guys using the cheapest crap rads might benefit but those users also tend to not care.
    Last edited by BoxGods; 03-13-2012 at 04:32 PM.

Xtreme Addict
    Good answer. I just wondered, I was looking at making some sacrificial anodes for a system I'm looking at here, but I had a large amount of magnesium lying about and was gonna use it.

Crunching For The Points! NKrader's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BoxGods View Post
    I included Zinc and Magnesium just in case we find some users who want them for more hostile working environments though I can't really think of any offhand. Maybe guys using the cheapest crap rads might benefit but those users also tend to not care.
    two words..

bear grylls..

when run out of distilled? use own pee.

also I love the idea
    Last edited by NKrader; 03-13-2012 at 04:44 PM.

Technician
    What the hell do you use when you run out of thermal paste?

These look sweet, will pick up a pair when/if they arrive in the UK.

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by PiLsY View Post
    What the hell do you use when you run out of thermal paste?

These look sweet, will pick up a pair when/if they arrive in the UK.
    Peanut Butter!

Monsoon compression just landed yesterday, I need to place an order for Monsoon again.

Questions about the anode:
    -length of the dome(without g1/4 thread)
    -my res ports are fully equipped and I have spare T-fittings, should I place the dome in-line by T?

Xtreme Mentor
    Looks sweet, although kinda of dirty,
    CPUID http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=484051
    http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=484051
    http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=554982
    New DO Stepping http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=555012
    4.8Ghz - http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=794165

Desk Build
    FX8120 @ 4.6Ghz 24/7 / Asus Crosshair V /HD7970/ 8Gb (4x2Gb) Gskill 2133Mhz / Intel 320 160Gb OS Drive, WD 256GB Game Storage

W/C System
    (CPU) Swiftech HD (GPU) EK HD7970 with backplate (RAM) MIPS Ram block (Rad/Pump) 3 x Thermochill 120.3 triple rads and Dual MCP355's with Heatkiller dual top and Cyberdruid Prism res / B*P/Koolance Compression Fittings and Quick Disconnects.

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Royteane View Post
    Monsoon compression just landed yesterday, I need to place an order for Monsoon again.

Questions about the anode:
    -length of the dome(without g1/4 thread)
    -my res ports are fully equipped and I have spare T-fittings, should I place the dome in-line by T?
    Sorry, I forgot to post the dimensions. Here they are in mm.

There goes the phallic jokes...not as funny when its only 12mm long with a 3mm radius

Quote Originally Posted by Utnorris View Post
    Looks sweet, although kinda of dirty,
    That is kinda funny since your avatar has the word plug in it with a kitty on the dirty box lol.
    Last edited by BoxGods; 03-13-2012 at 07:03 PM.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    tell everyone it's one of the pills from Dr. Mario
    i7 2600k, 8GB 1866Mhz DDR3, GTX560 Ti, Gigabyte Z68XP-UD4, CM Cosmos 1000 Case, and some green crap everywhere.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alexandr0s View Post
    So you're saying I could use my own pee as coolant?

Xtreme Member
    does the ribbing of the , for lack of a better word, "shaft" (sorry had to) help for anything? Does it reduce restriction if there was any to begin with?

Unable to decide where to place it as my res ports were all in used. Using a T-block with spacer to reduce restriction effect due to the dome length blocking the waterway

Xtreme Addict
    It increases surface area. Helps to maximize water contact.

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kayin View Post
    It increases surface area. Helps to maximize water contact.
    Gotcha, thanks

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Sorry, I forgot to post the dimensions. Here they are in mm.

There goes the phallic jokes...not as funny when its only 12mm long with a 3mm radius

That is kinda funny since your avatar has the word plug in it with a kitty on the dirty box lol.
    Do like I do and say the scaling is inches :-)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    MV-G
    3770K 5.00
    7970 1200/1700
    GSkill 2400
    Seasonic Platinum 1000
    Silverstone TJ08-E
    - Koolance AC-370 - Swiftech MCP-35X - Phobya Xtreme 200mm Rad - Koolance VID-AR797 -
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

USA National Debt

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Lol - I like it love the innovation!

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Bei Fei View Post
    Do like I do and say the scaling is inches :-)
    That is FUNNY!

Yes the fins, (ribs) are to increase surface area.

I am Xtreme-ly Unemployed
    That is FUNNY!

Yes the fins, (ribs) are to increase surface area.
    Aww, and here I thought that the plugs were ribbed for her pleasure...
    I'm doing science and I'm still alive...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast