Thread: Paypal gone to complete shiz???

Xtreme Addict

Paypal gone to complete shiz???

A week ago I put some money in the bank, went to go transfer it to paypal and found the option for it is missing.
    So I look it up, wait it out, etc.
    Last night I found at least a dozen other peeps out there that have the same probs.

Is this the end of paypal???
    I'm about to go get the money back out of my bank account and close it... I figure maybe I'm better off with a debit card or prepaid credit card...

Fanboy of Good Products
    Or look into Amazon Payments. Pretty good system.
    Cruncher #1: EVGA Z68 FTW | i7-2600k @ 4.5 | 6GB Ram
    Cruncher #2: Supermicro Dual-Socket | 2 x 6-core Opterons | 4GB Ram
    Cruncher #3: 8-core Xserve 1,1

T400 for non-crunching

"But don't think you'll run me over - It's, ah, planting season here in Texas... and the farm is growing..." -Otis11 on crunching WCG

Administrator
    I use Paypal very little these days but just checked and all is fine over here.

Actually, my setup just takes from my bank account so I do not need to transfer from bank to Paypal. I have two bank accounts that I can simply switch bank and forth with for what ever I need to do.

Both accounts have been verified for a long time and have had no real issues with Paypal that I can think of.

Now if I sell something and use Paypal to collect and then transfer to bank that takes like 3 days.
    Last edited by Buckeye; 05-09-2012 at 08:34 AM.

c[_]
    only issue i've had with paypal recently was pre-buying diablo 3.. said I had insufficient funds and refunded me the money, never mind that there was a considerably larger amount of money on paypal than there was required to pre-buy diablo 3.

oh well, blizzard says I still have diablo 3, so whatever.

All along the watchtower the watchmen watch the eternal return.

Aussie God
    Not had issues with paypal this year... However a bit past a year ago, I wanted to buy a Lenovo laptop from the states, which paypal declined, due Lenovo policy preventing it from a creditcard with creditcard holder being none domestic (as in none US...)

This bugged up the system, and retried 6 times, making 0 USD transfer, however locking up my card for a month, because paypal registrered it as I had spend 6000 USD+ abroad, in a month, which isnt possible with a regular VISA.....
    Competition ranking;
    2005; Netbyte, Karise/Denmark #1 @ PiFast
    2008; AOCM II, Minfeld/Germany #2 @ 01SE/AM3/8M (w. Oliver)
    2009; AMD-OC, Viborg/Denmark #2 @ max freq Gigabyte TweaKING, Paris/France #4 @ 32M/01SE (w. Vanovich)
    2010: Gigabyte P55, Hamburg/Germany #6 @ wprime 1024/SPI 1M (w. THC) AOCM III, Minfeld/Germany #6 @ 01SE/AM3/1M/8M (w. NeoForce)

Spectating;
    2010; GOOC 2010 Many thanks to Gigabyte!

Xtreme Addict
    Just an update.
    Yeah uh I tried paypal again last night.
    I long since closed my bank account, anyways...
    Paypal still doesn't let me transfer money from my verified bank account to paypal.
    Yet I'm allowed to transfer money from paypal to my verified bank account.

Paypal is completely useless to me now .
    It's gonna be prepaid cc's from now on I guess.

I think what it was is that there was a policy update, about a month or 2 after that is when this prob happened.
    I think what they want is for me to send then copies of my driver's license, taxes, ss#, etc etc etc.

No issues here going either way. I don't manually transfer funds into my PP account, but if I pay someone without using my credit card it draws from my bank account just fine.

The only times I pay without using my credit card is for forum purchases that I trust. I think it reduces the fees that the other guy gets charged (used to have no fees at all years ago). I always use my CC via paypal for ebay transactions and the like to have another layer of protection just in case something goes horribly wrong (130+ ebay transactions and nothing has gone that bad yet, just one went a little sour but the threat of a paypal dispute got the seller fixing the problem pretty quickly).
    The Cardboard Master
    Crunch with us, the XS WCG team
    Intel Core i7 2600k @ 4.5GHz, 16GB DDR3-1600, Radeon 7950 @ 1000/1250, Win 10 Pro x64

I am Xtreme
    I've used Paypal and its flawless imo. The fees are fees. Nothing is free in this era. I prefer using Paypal over directly providing my bank info.

Xtreme Cruncher
    Same thing happened to someone I know. It happens when you don't have a credit card attached to the Paypal account but I'm not sure of the reasoning behind it. My friend didn't send the documents they wanted either, she just stopped using PP.
    i7 3970X @ 4500MHz 1.28v
    Asus Rampage IV Extreme
    4x4GB Corsair Dominator GT 2133MHz 9-11-10-27
    Gigabyte Windforce 7970 OC 3-way Crossfire
    Windows 7 Ultimate x64
    HK 3.0-MCP655-Phobya 400mm rad
    Corsair AX1200i
    Sandisk Exrtreme 240GB
    3x2TB WD Greens for storage
    TT Armor VA8003SWA

Xtreme Addict
    Lol, actually I do have a CC on the account.
    I forgot all about it until last night when I went to go add another one to it.

So I'm all like, oh, better edit and remove that canceled one before I go and add the new one.
    And it's all like, nope not gonna let you remove it.
    So I got pissed and said ok, not gonna ever use this again bye bye paypal...

Ended up ordering the thing I needed from newegg using a credit card instead of paypal, go figure.

Apperently I'm never gonna end up using paypal again, unless for donations or something.
    'Cause I can still transfer money out of it, but not into it :\.
    Sucks but ohwell, it just makes things a little harder, but it's not a biggy.