Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast

Thread: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 690 Reviews

Xtreme Addict
    I don't personally recall anyone mentioning there was allot of 28nm supply at AMD or Nvidia's launch, all reviews pointed towards tight availability due to TSMC's slow ramp of 28nm and still do. Shortage in Nvidia's case means they cannot get enough product produced to meet demand, they are selling 28nm product as fast as it is boxed. We'll have pretty solid confirmation once q2 closes and the share numbers are in whether or not Nvidia just doesn't have any cards or has possibly moved a record number of cards for the quarter relative to AMD volume.

Just like when the 8800gt launched, demand kept them off the shelves for months. There was no excess supply setting around waiting for a buyer.

It's not to say AMD isn't moving cards, just like any company they wouldn't be around if they didn't move product but demand obviously wasn't enough to change their market share appreciably considering they had a full quarter to dominate before Nvidia's launch.

If AMD couldn't make a larger impact/shift in market share than they did based on the q1 results shown then that means demand for their product was largely flat even though they had no direct competition from Nvidia at the time, before gtx680 launch.

At any rate both companies are moving product for sure it's just the fact that Nvidia is selling out with no excess supply. If Nvidia was just sitting around without moving enough volume of product we would/will see a drastic shift in marketshare and a big loss in reported revenue.
    Work Rig: Asus x58 P6T Deluxe, i7 950 24x166 1.275v, BIX2/GTZ/D5
    3x2048 GSkill pi Black DDR3 1600, Quadro 600
    PCPower & Cooling Silencer 750, CM Stacker 810

Game Rig: Asus x58 P6T, i7 970 24x160 1.2v HT on, TRUE120
    3x4096 GSkill DDR3 1600, PNY 660ti
    PCPower & Cooling Silencer 750, CM Stacker 830

AMD Rig: Biostar TA790GX A2+, x4 940 16x200, stock hsf
    2x2gb Patriot DDR2 800, PowerColor 4850
    Corsair VX450

Xtremely Kool
    Quote Originally Posted by highoctane View Post
    I don't personally recall anyone mentioning there was allot of 28nm supply at AMD or Nvidia's launch, all reviews pointed towards tight availability due to TSMC's slow ramp of 28nm and still do. Shortage in Nvidia's case means they cannot get enough product produced to meet demand, they are selling 28nm product as fast as it is boxed. We'll have pretty solid confirmation once q2 closes and the share numbers are in whether or not Nvidia just doesn't have any cards or has possibly moved a record number of cards for the quarter relative to AMD volume.

Just like when the 8800gt launched, demand kept them off the shelves for months. There was no excess supply setting around waiting for a buyer.

It's not to say AMD isn't moving cards, just like any company they wouldn't be around if they didn't move product but demand obviously wasn't enough to change their market share appreciably considering they had a full quarter to dominate before Nvidia's launch.

If AMD couldn't make a larger impact/shift in market share than they did based on the q1 results shown then that means demand for their product was largely flat even though they had no direct competition from Nvidia at the time, before gtx680 launch.

At any rate both companies are moving product for sure it's just the fact that Nvidia is selling out with no excess supply. If Nvidia was just sitting around without moving enough volume of product we would/will see a drastic shift in marketshare and a big loss in reported revenue.
    Its in people nature to wait and see what the competition is before buying in this segment, plus there are other costly priorities at the time of the year and on top of that there is little need for upgrading at the time, there really was no rush.
    I may even wait out for the refresh of the 8xxx.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Final8ty View Post
    Its in people nature to wait and see what the competition is before buying in this segment, plus there are other costly priorities at the time of the year and on top of that there is little need for upgrading at the time, there really was no rush.
    I may even wait out for the refresh of the 8xxx.
    Why would anyone wait to see what the 7990 is?

We know it won't win on performance, features, power, heat, noise, and the odds are good it won't be an over engineered work of art like the 690.

It will likely win on compute and price. Do people considering $1000 video cards put price as key factor? My guess is no. Do people buying gaming cards put compute as the key factor? Sales of 680s and 670s compared to 7950s and 7970s tell us no.

This is one time when there's not much reason to wait. The 7990 can't win due to the engineering limitations it has to follow.

Last night I got my fourth auto notify for a 690, OOS when I clicked immediately. People aren't waiting- they're buying any and all things Kepler. As a guy running a 670 on my 25X16 rig and 680 SLi on my 57X10 rig, I can't say that I blame them. These chips are the best thing NVIDIA has ever done, which is saying a lot.

I'm not saying Tahiti GPUs are "bad", they're just not a home run like Kepler. Between the Adaptive Vsynch, auto overclock, FXAA, TXAA, and all the other features they had before, NVIDIA basically removed all reason for anyone spending $350 and up to buy other products.
    Last edited by Rollo; 05-19-2012 at 06:41 AM.
    Intel 990x/Corsair H80 /Asus Rampage III
    Coolermaster HAF932 case
    Patriot 3 X 2GB
    EVGA GTX Titan SC
    Dell 3008

I am Xtreme
    you dont KNOW any of that, its all assumptions

if all they were planning to do was slap together 2 chopped up chips and call it the 7990, it would have been out in feb
    the lack of information is making it really interesting as to what they have planned.
    2500k @ 4900mhz - Asus Maxiums IV Gene Z - Swiftech Apogee LP
    GTX 680 @ +170 (1267mhz) / +300 (3305mhz) - EK 680 FC EN/Acteal
    Swiftech MCR320 Drive @ 1300rpms - 3x GT 1850s @ 1150rpms
    XS Build Log for: My Latest Custom Case

Xtremely Kool
    Quote Originally Posted by Rollo View Post
    My post and the article i linked has nothing to do with anything you just posted.

Xtreme Addict

I'm not saying Tahiti GPUs are "bad", they're just not a home run like Kepler. Between the Adaptive Vsynch, auto overclock, FXAA, TXAA, and all the other features they had before, NVIDIA basically removed all reason for anyone spending $350 and up to buy other products.
    Adaptative is not used, all 680 users i have seen on forums like guru3d said it is working bad, it dont remove tearing as V-sync does, maybe it is capable of offer a better average fps when you are close to 30fps, but thats all... Nvidia have a big problem with standard v-sync, many games stutter like hell with it enabled,( they are working on a fix for next drivers, something with a problem of polling, i think i dont have to point you the Nvidia forums threads about it ) TXAA is not used in any games.. Peoples have bought cards thinking they will get a 1110mhz turbo boost and performance who go with it based on review and they end with 680 who dont pass over 1058mhz as Nvidia qualificatrion for chip is rather large, and cards was well choose for be send to the press, problem the retail cards dont wok the same... ( ofc it is easy fixed by pushing the TDP sliders ) .. most overclocker ask to get a way to disable completely turbo boost for going back to the standard method ....

The GK104 is an excellent card, an excellent chip,... but seriously im not sure nvidia need you for sold us this card...
    Last edited by Lanek; 05-19-2012 at 10:06 AM.
    CPU: - I7 4930K (EK Supremacy )
    GPU: - 2x AMD HD7970 flashed GHZ bios ( EK Acetal Nickel Waterblock H2o)
    Motherboard: Asus x79 Deluxe
    RAM: G-skill Ares C9 2133mhz 16GB
    Main Storage: Samsung 840EVO 500GB / 2x Crucial RealSSD C300 Raid0

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Lanek View Post
    The GK104 is an excellent card, an excellent chip,... but seriously im not sure nvidia need you for sold us this card...
    I certainly hope no one is buying video cards based on what I say. I'm a hobbyist talking about my hobby.

People shouldn't base their purchasing decision on ANYONE's forum posts- they should read independent reviews and decide what fits their needs and budget best. Why would anyone spend money based on some unknown guy on a forum?

As for the rest:

I'm using adaptive vsynch on my 670 at 25X16, seems smooth and fast to me.

Auto OC- I like it. I've been gaming a long time, and if I had ten bucks for every time I've read "Oh noes. I have destroyed my video card with my 30% OC and now company X is giving me a hard time on the RMA" I would be in the Caymans now with a Patron drip going into one arm and Sophia Vergara feeding me lobsters on the other. It's a good idea whose time has come- the OC is adaptive based on load so your UT3 OC goes higher than your Metro 2033 boost. And your card stays cool and safe throughout.
    Coolermaster HAF932 case
    Patriot 3 X 2GB
    EVGA GTX Titan SC
    Dell 3008

Xtreme Mentor
    I certainly hope no one is buying video cards based on what I say. I'm a hobbyist talking about my hobby.

People shouldn't base their purchasing decision on ANYONE's forum posts- they should read independent reviews and decide what fits their needs and budget best. Why would anyone spend money based on some unknown guy on a forum?
    Actually forum posts are a very important part of my buying decision. It is very, very rare that I see any known driver issue mentioned in a review. Its as if half of these sites just run a bunch of timedemos with their eyes closed.

The most blatant is the 3d vision benchmarks with 6xx series from Hardware Canucks, Alienbabeltech, and another site that I can't remember the name of where vsync was as clearly broken as it is for me just by seeing framerates over 60fps yet not a single one noticed the screen tearing. I saw it the first day that I owned my 680. "Professional reviews" kind of suck for the most part. They're a part of the puzzle but thats about it.

I am Xtreme

As for the rest:

I'm using adaptive vsynch on my 670 at 25X16, seems smooth and fast to me.

Auto OC- I like it. I've been gaming a long time, and if I had ten bucks for every time I've read "Oh noes. I have destroyed my video card with my 30% OC and now company X is giving me a hard time on the RMA" I would be in the Caymans now with a Patron drip going into one arm and Sophia Vergara feeding me lobsters on the other. It's a good idea whose time has come- the OC is adaptive based on load so your UT3 OC goes higher than your Metro 2033 boost. And your card stays cool and safe throughout.
    your very biased, and thats why no one should listen to you for a purchase opinion. other people give very good information and let you know the real pros and cons. i bet you wont list a single con about the 680 because your just that biased. but even though i paid 500$ for mine, i will be honest with people as to how the card really is.

30% oc is just laughable. how many people where able to get 30% on a their 680 without doing any hardware voltmoding? i bet its 0% since you need to be well into the 1400mhz to get 30%. and btw that adaptive oc has actually CAUSED instability. and if you dont know how, then i guess you need to do some more research on your card.

Xtreme Addict
    So what if he's biased, he loves nVidia. We need more people saying as it is, who can just come and say, you know what, I love AMD/NVIDIA. Full stop. None of the sugar coating stuff pretending they like both AMD and nvidia whilst really they are fanboys for one camp or the other. Nothing wrong with loving a company who's got good products. I've owned every single high end card from ATI till 2003 as a collector. In my daily gaming rigs I've had nothing but nVidia, and I've loved every minute of it. Would I buy a 680 if I had the money, certainly. Nvidia has served me well and on every upgrade I've done they have had compelling reasons to go with them over AMD. Yay for me. As I see it Rollo has got good reason to have nVidia cards in his computers. I'm happy for him. Read reviews, look at prices, buy card. Simple. Good grief, why make it so stupidly difficult.
    Last edited by Tim; 05-19-2012 at 04:16 PM.

Intel Core i7-3770K
    ASUS P8Z77-I DELUXE
    EVGA GTX 970 SC
    Corsair 16GB (2x8GB) Vengeance LP 1600
    Corsair H80
    120GB Samsung 840 EVO, 500GB WD Scorpio Blue, 1TB Samsung Spinpoint F3
    Corsair RM650
    Cooler Master Elite 120 Advanced
    OC: 5Ghz | +0.185 offset : 1.352v

c[_]
    Nothing wrong with saying you like one or the other, but the problem is he goes beyond that.

Thanks to issues from both camps i'm sitting on my 480's still..

All along the watchtower the watchmen watch the eternal return.

I am Xtreme
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim View Post
    So what if he's biased, he loves nVidia. We need more people saying as it is, who can just come and say, you know what, I love AMD/NVIDIA. Full stop. None of the sugar coating stuff pretending they like both AMD and nvidia whilst really they are fanboys for one camp or the other. Nothing wrong with loving a company who's got good products. I've owned every single high end card from ATI till 2003 as a collector. In my daily gaming rigs I've had nothing but nVidia, and I've loved every minute of it. Would I buy a 680 if I had the money, certainly. Nvidia has served me well and on every upgrade I've done they have had compelling reasons to go with them over AMD. Yay for me. As I see it Rollo has got good reason to have nVidia cards in his computers. I'm happy for him. Read reviews, look at prices, buy card. Simple. Good grief, why make it so stupidly difficult.
    dont get me wrong, i love having people around here who know every detail to a product. with cpu overclocking, knowing what all the voltages and p-states and toggles in the bios can be overwhelming, and we need those dedicated experts to help show the average group of us here how to do things right. but then theres also the marketing guys, who only try to jump into arguments about why their product is the best, when there wasnt even an argument about it. and i cant stand when they spew out lies or are simply in denial, since it wastes our time as readers.

Xtreme Addict
    Good one Dan.
    Gigabyte Z77X-UD5H
    G-Skill Ripjaws X 16Gb - 2133Mhz
    Thermalright Ultra-120 eXtreme
    i7 2600k @ 4.4Ghz
    Sapphire 7970 OC 1.2Ghz
    Mushkin Chronos Deluxe 128Gb

Xtreme Addict
    only auto notify on newegg for the 690 in my inbox says "Weekend Deals! $59.99 WD 250GB HDD, Plus 40% OFF Adobe Elements 10 Series"

maybe I need to redo auto notify
    i7 6700K @4.8 ghz
    XSPC RayStorm (very nice block)
    Z170 Sabertooh ,, 32GB- Gskill (15-15-15-36 @3600 mhz) 1:1
    XFX-7970 with Swiftech Komodo nickel block
    Water Cooling - MO-RA3 Pro with 4 Silverstone 180mm @ 700 rpm, Twin Vario mcp-655 pumps
    Samsung 850-1TB SSD,, OCZ ZX-1250W (powerfull and silent)
    Crossfire 30" decent monitor for IPS too bad SED tech died

Docsis2.0 Docsis3.0

-- People who reject the idea that "government has a responsibility to reduce income inequality" give an average of four times more than people who accept that proposition.

Xtreme Mentor
    Quote Originally Posted by Manicdan View Post
    dont get me wrong, i love having people around here who know every detail to a product. with cpu overclocking, knowing what all the voltages and p-states and toggles in the bios can be overwhelming, and we need those dedicated experts to help show the average group of us here how to do things right. but then theres also the marketing guys, who only try to jump into arguments about why their product is the best, when there wasnt even an argument about it. and i cant stand when they spew out lies or are simply in denial, since it wastes our time as readers.
    Truth.

This guys ruined any graphics card discussion for me on this forum now that i rarely come here as apposed to posting a few posts every other day!

People like that should be blocked from news and such and just be stuck in nvidia sub forum.
    "Cast off your fear. Look forward. Never stand still, retreat and you will age. Hesitate and you will die. SHOUT! My name is…"
    //James

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Manicdan View Post
    you dont KNOW any of that, its all assumptions
    Unless AMD is planning on designing an entirely new 7970 GPU to replace the current one AND then use 2x of them for the 7990... you can pretty much bet the house on GTX 690 being faster and more energy efficient (added that last bit for the usual suspects).

Correct me if i'm wrong, but wouldn't slapping two full speed 7970's onto a single PCB result in the cards power draw exceeding the limit allowable via the PCI-e bus and 2x 8-pin connectors. That said, I don't see how AMD could possibly run 2x 7970 gpu's at the speed required to catch nVidia... all while staying within the required power envelope. Nothing short of a new chip design or manufacturing process shrink would be required in this situation.

if all they were planning to do was slap together 2 chopped up chips and call it the 7990, it would have been out in feb
    Aren't you forgetting that TSMC has had very low chip production on 28nm across the board, regardless of who the customer was. And all those customers had demand for chips that far exceeded what TSMC could crank out. So no... it wouldn't have been out in Feb, unless you consider a paper launch with zero products for a month being "out".

I have a feeling that AMD may scrap the 7990 and focus all their resources on the HD8xxx series which won't be available until 2013.

the lack of information is making it really interesting as to what they have planned.
    The lack of information is probably due to AMD finally realizing that by continually leaking information about future products, they're in effect killing the sales of product already on the shelves. AMD users always seem to be waiting for the next gen CPU or GPU to get released so they can (in their own words)... wait for the big price drop, and then buy.

They think they're saving money and doing the right thing, but when you consider how little profit is made from clearance items, its actually hurting the bottom line for retailers and manufacturers since on certain products they'd be lucky to break even.

"If the representatives of the people betray their constituents, there is then no resource left but in the exertion of that original right of self-defense which is paramount to all positive forms of government"
    -- Alexander Hamilton

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew LB View Post
    Unless AMD is planning on designing an entirely new 7970 GPU to replace the current one AND then use 2x of them for the 7990... you can pretty much bet the house on GTX 690 being faster and more energy efficient (added that last bit for the usual suspects).

Correct me if i'm wrong, but wouldn't slapping two full speed 7970's onto a single PCB result in the cards power draw exceeding the limit allowable via the PCI-e bus and 2x 8-pin connectors. That said, I don't see how AMD could possibly run 2x 7970 gpu's at the speed required to catch nVidia... all while staying within the required power envelope. Nothing short of a new chip design or manufacturing process shrink would be required in this situation.

Aren't you forgetting that TSMC has had very low chip production on 28nm across the board, regardless of who the customer was. And all those customers had demand for chips that far exceeded what TSMC could crank out. So no... it wouldn't have been out in Feb, unless you consider a paper launch with zero products for a month being "out".

I have a feeling that AMD may scrap the 7990 and focus all their resources on the HD8xxx series which won't be available until 2013.
    This is pretty much my point- that unless the money is your main buying factor, you can buy a 690 now if you can find one and forget about waiting for the 7990.

http://www.xbitlabs.com/articles/gra...0_9.html#sect0

Xbitlabs tested a bunch of games and founf the GTX690 better than, or equivalent to their OCd 7970 CF.

http://www.xbitlabs.com/articles/gra...0_4.html#sect1

They also found the OCd 7970 CF using 112W more at load. AMD can't ignore the power and heat needed to even lose to the 690 at this level- let alone win.

There's no "marketing" involved in my assertion, just the common knowledge that a chip that starts out behind in the power/heat/noise/performance metrics is unlikely to overcome that on a dual GPU card.
    Coolermaster HAF932 case
    Patriot 3 X 2GB
    EVGA GTX Titan SC
    Dell 3008

Xtreme Addict
    Unless AMD is planning on designing an entirely new 7970 GPU to replace the current one AND then use 2x of them for the 7990...
    You cannot rule it out. If AMD was just going to use the current 7970 and bin the crap out of them, we would have seen a 7990 awhile ago.

Power would be fine, in regards to the 8pins and pci-e slot.
    Hasn't stopped Nvidia or AMD in the past to go slightly out of spec.

Do you consider the GTX690, GTX680 being "out?"
    As far as demand, every single customer is having their orders met except Nvidia. Nvidia was the only one that did not plan their wafer starts to the best of their ability.

7990 is still in the lineup and you may be a bit conservative on 2013...

The lack of information is probably due to AMD finally realizing that by continually leaking information about future products, they're in effect killing the sales of product already on the shelves. AMD users always seem to be waiting for the next gen CPU or GPU to get released so they can (in their own words)... wait for the big price drop, and then buy.

They think they're saving money and doing the right thing, but when you consider how little profit is made from clearance items, its actually hurting the bottom line for retailers and manufacturers since on certain products they'd be lucky to break even.
    So what did Nvidia just do to their sales with all the info they gave out about GK110?
    This is simply how the industry works. You have to get some of your product's info out to partners early if you want them to commit to your design.

This is pretty much my point- that unless the money is your main buying factor, you can buy a 690 now if you can find one and forget about waiting for the 7990.

Xbitlabs tested a bunch of games and founf the GTX690 better than, or equivalent to their OCd 7970 CF.

They also found the OCd 7970 CF using 112W more at load. AMD can't ignore the power and heat needed to even lose to the 690 at this level- let alone win.

There's no "marketing" involved in my assertion, just the common knowledge that a chip that starts out behind in the power/heat/noise/performance metrics is unlikely to overcome that on a dual GPU card.
    Hmmm... that's pretty funny. I remember you telling lots of people to wait for the GTX590 over the 6990. GTX590 could barely beat the 5970 while using a lot more power and couldn't compete with a 6990. I don't recall you vouching for the 6990 based on performance, power and heat back then. Oh how the times have changed. You also mentioned nothing about the exploding GTX590 issues...

Be honest, it doesn't really matter if the GTX690 loses to the 7990, you would still be praising it as the best card ever.
    Originally Posted by motown_steve
    Every genocide that was committed during the 20th century has been preceded by the disarmament of the target population. Once the government outlaws your guns your life becomes a luxury afforded to you by the state. You become a tool to benefit the state. Should you cease to benefit the state or even worse become an annoyance or even a hindrance to the state then your life becomes more trouble than it is worth.

Once the government outlaws your guns your life is forfeit. You're already dead, it's just a question of when they are going to get around to you.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by LordEC911 View Post

Hmmm... that's pretty funny. I remember you telling lots of people to wait for the GTX590 over the 6990. GTX590 could barely beat the 5970 while using a lot more power and couldn't compete with a 6990. I don't recall you vouching for the 6990 based on performance, power and heat back then. Oh how the times have changed. You also mentioned nothing about the exploding GTX590 issues...

Be honest, it doesn't really matter if the GTX690 loses to the 7990, you would still be praising it as the best card ever.
    http://www.xbitlabs.com/articles/gra...tx-590_11.html

The Radeon HD 6990 and the GeForce GTX 590 won the same number of my tests and delivered the same performance in the rest of them.
    http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/...0,2898-19.html

Nevertheless, in a comparison between GeForce GTX 590 versus Radeon HD 6990, Nvidia wins.
    http://www.anandtech.com/show/4239/n...e-card-king/17

The crux of the matter is that NVIDIA and AMD have significantly different architectures, and once again this has resulted in cards that are quite equal on average but are all over the place in individual games and applications.
    I didn't go to bat for the 6990 because it only traded benchmarks with the 590, and it actually equalled or beat the infamous FX5800 Ultra leafblower for noise to do so. I had a FX5800U and didn't want that sound in my home again.

http://www.guru3d.com/article/geforce-gtx-590-review/7

I didn't say anything about the 6990s power because 9w isn't much to mention when you're at 331W and 340W.

http://www.guru3d.com/article/geforce-gtx-590-review/8

The 6990 is actually hotter at 85C vs 79C.

http://www.guru3d.com/article/geforce-gtx-590-review/9

And of course the 6990 managed to be as loud as THREE GTX580s, much louder than a 590.

I didn't mention some people burning up 590s because, gee, when you overvolt video cards you can burn them up. I've used a GTX590 every day for the last 14 months and it didn't burn up once. Of course, I didn't put 30% more power than it's rated for through it either.

And at the end of the day, besides offering comparable performance to the 6990 and being cooler and much, much quieter, the 590 had the NVIDIA feature set that AMD falls so far short of.

http://hardocp.com/article/2012/05/0..._card_review/9

The NVIDIA GeForce GTX 690 is the finest looking, best performing, most efficient dual-GPU video card in the world with unsurpassed design and engineering. The GeForce GTX 690 not only performs in terms of framerate, but also performs in terms of thermals, TDP, acoustics, and aesthetics. This is the "most perfect" dual-GPU video card we've ever experienced.
    I'm not too worried about what the 7990 will bring to the table, as noted, you can't put two highly OCd Tahitis on a board.
    Coolermaster HAF932 case
    Patriot 3 X 2GB
    EVGA GTX Titan SC
    Dell 3008

Xtreme Addict
    Yargh fanboyz >.<

-PB
    -Project Sakura-
    Intel i7 860 @ 4.0Ghz, Asus Maximus III Formula, 8GB G-Skill Ripjaws X F3 (@ 1600Mhz), 2x GTX 295 Quad SLI
    2x 120GB OCZ Vertex 2 RAID 0, OCZ ZX 1000W, NZXT Phantom (Pink), Dell SX2210T Touch Screen, Windows 8.1 Pro

Koolance RP-401X2 1.1 (w/ Swiftech MCP35X), XSPC EX420, XSPC X-Flow 240, DT Sniper, EK-FC 295s (w/ RAM Blocks), Enzotech M3F Mosfet+NB/SB

c[_]

And whats the load difference between SLI GTX680's vs a GTX690?

All along the watchtower the watchmen watch the eternal return.

Xtreme Member
    yah I think it's best for AMD fan base to keep quiet until the next generation cause this generation Nvidia is totally dominating, there is no point in discussion, if you prefer having a Radeon card then get it, but don't go out and give false information such as GTX 590 vs HD 6990 on a GTX 690 thread, that would just make the AMD fan looking desperated.
    Core i7 8700k @ 5.1Ghz * Gigabyte Z370 Aorus Gaming 5 * 4x8GB Corsair RGB @ 3600 16-18-18-36 * GTX 1080ti @ 2050/11400 * Plextor M8Pe 512GB * Creative Sound Blaster Z * Audioengine 5+ * Corsair Obsidian 750D * Corsair RM1000 watt

Xtreme Member
    I think 7990 might surprise us .... no reason not to believe that their process hasnt improved and now they can do highly clocked 7970 at lower volts. So I pray for a 7990 at 750$ with 90% 690 performance.

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Krizby87 View Post
    yah I think it's best for AMD fan base to keep quiet until the next generation cause this generation Nvidia is totally dominating, there is no point in discussion, if you prefer having a Radeon card then get it, but don't go out and give false information such as GTX 590 vs HD 6990 on a GTX 690 thread, that would just make the AMD fan looking desperated.
    Sorry. I didn't realize it was common knowledge that the GTX590 was "better" than the 6990...
    Learn something new from Rollo every day.
    Originally Posted by motown_steve
    Every genocide that was committed during the 20th century has been preceded by the disarmament of the target population. Once the government outlaws your guns your life becomes a luxury afforded to you by the state. You become a tool to benefit the state. Should you cease to benefit the state or even worse become an annoyance or even a hindrance to the state then your life becomes more trouble than it is worth.

Once the government outlaws your guns your life is forfeit. You're already dead, it's just a question of when they are going to get around to you.

Quote Originally Posted by LordEC911 View Post
    Sorry. I didn't realize it was common knowledge that the GTX590 was "better" than the 6990...
    Learn something new from Rollo every day.
    Well after all the reviews I personally read, most sites were leaning towards the 590 over the 6990. While I didn't buy either because they didn't suit my needs, it didn't stop me reading about them..

Did you read any reviews? I would define it as 'common knowledge'.

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast