Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Supermicro SuperWorkstation 7037A-i...A dual socket 2011 Beast!

NooB MOD
    WHY isn't this crunching for SC week?
    Xtreme SUPERCOMPUTER
    Nov 1 - Nov 8 Join Now!

Quote Originally Posted by Jowy Atreides View Post
    Intel is about to get athlon'd
    Athlon64 3700+ KACAE 0605APAW @ 3455MHz 314x11 1.92v/Vapochill || Core 2 Duo E8500 Q807 @ 6060MHz 638x9.5 1.95v LN2 @ -120'c || Athlon64 FX-55 CABCE 0516WPMW @ 3916MHz 261x15 1.802v/LN2 @ -40c || DFI LP UT CFX3200-DR || DFI LP UT NF4 SLI-DR || DFI LP UT NF4 Ultra D || Sapphire X1950XT || 2x256MB Kingston HyperX BH-5 @ 290MHz 2-2-2-5 3.94v || 2x256MB G.Skill TCCD @ 350MHz 3-4-4-8 3.1v || 2x256MB Kingston HyperX BH-5 @ 294MHz 2-2-2-5 3.94v

V3 Xeons coming soon!
    Quote Originally Posted by [XC] Oj101 View Post
    WHY isn't this crunching for SC week?
    It has been all week.. Just not always on my account..
    Crunch with us, the XS WCG team
    The XS WCG team needs your support.
    A good project with good goals.
    Come join us,get that warm fuzzy feeling that you've done something good for mankind.

Quote Originally Posted by Frisch View Post
    If you have lost faith in humanity, then hold a newborn in your hands.

V3 Xeons coming soon!
    JP: Is this what you need?
    What I never know on this is when it's done..
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	JPQY Chess Bench.jpg 
Views:	930 
Size:	297.9 KB 
ID:	126417
    Come join us,get that warm fuzzy feeling that you've done something good for mankind.

Admin
    Nice review Dave
    UNDER THE ICE .com
    Phase Change Cooling

is the remedy

Hi Dave,

Thanks for your try!
    I know you have not always the time to read the long explenation..if you know it,it's always easy ,it takes max. 3sec. for setup the test.
    In your screen i see you run the test only 15sec. and reach Depth 17
    You see that in the analyse window where these lines are scrolling..and in your first line it shows 17/32.
    Well to complete this test you have to see as first number 22/.. means he has calculate Depth 22 out = 22 moves further into the game. And will take a few minutes.
    Have you selected also in the engine parameters the threads to 32 ?! is also important to use 100% cpu's!

I can always help you if something is not clear enough!

Kind regards,
    Jean-Paul.

PS. For some reason i can't send pm's..i get always Database Error - We apologise for any inconvenience.
    -Core i9 7980XE @4,20Ghz Vcore:1,10V
    -Asrock X299 Taichi XE
    -Custom water-cooling loop
    -16Gb Corsair DDR4 3200Mhz
    -Samsung 970 evo Plus 500Gb
    -Samsung 960 evo 250Gb
    -Samsung 850 evo 500Gb
    -Samsung SH-S223Q
    -Asus RTX 2080 Dual OC
    -Cooler Master HAF 932
    -Seasonic Prime 1300W Gold

Test results are always welcome with this Chess Test where all your cores/threads will run @100% ,Thanks
    http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/...=1#post5259523

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Nice review, Dave-have to luv a real computer every once in a while, not these ricers that are doing the rounds and masquerading as computers!

The one thing it's missing a good SSD but I can't afford to buy one right now.
    Ps: pm me your addy, I have a very lightly used decent M4 128gb Crucial I would like to send you- time we get you up to speed with new tech
    Last edited by MrBean; 05-11-2012 at 05:54 PM.
    Never argue with Idiots...they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience!
    i-Prodigy (small APD2 GFX/CPU waterloop) ; HP Blackbird Project Log (dual-Xeon Watercooled) ; Macho Mini Project Log (Sandybridge watercooled mini-ITX)

Xtreme Enthusiast
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

3Dmark2006 Score Calculator
    ---------------------------

"Frequency Unlimit -Enabled'' by DFI

V3 Xeons coming soon!
    Quote Originally Posted by M3kk View Post
    Well, I would or sgall we say I tried but even by your directions on that page I still don't know how to make this work..
    Kindly tell me how to open a .atl file because when I extracted that zip this is all I see:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Atlantis bench.jpg 
Views:	799 
Size:	16.2 KB 
ID:	126682

Also when you ask something like this don't just post and disappear.
    One has to stay online for 30-60 minutes afterwards to provide technical support for old Irishmen who are tring to figure this abomination out!

Hi Dave,
    can you also post the powerconsumption of the oced SR2 for comparison, i remember it being somewhere around 600w but not sure and too lazy to search, sorry.

Tell it it's a :banana::banana::banana::banana::banana: and threaten it with replacement

D_A on an UPS and life

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Hey Dave,

i reply u here, because maybe some others wants to try this benchmark too.. So its a render scene with a program called Artlantis.
    The mail program + the benchmark scene you can download from HERE. After u downloaded, u extract the files from Artlantis_v3_Bench, install the main program, start at and open the Artlantis_v3_Bench.atl. Press Continue, then dont change nothing, just press the Render button, and Render now.

When finished u do a print screen with CPU-Z visible and thats all.

U will get something like this:

Last edited by M3kk; 05-13-2012 at 01:36 AM.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

V3 Xeons coming soon!
    Do I need the 191MB main program or just the 11MB zip file because if it's just the zip file I still have the same issues.
    I'm not stupid but maybe you better do a step by step here..

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Do u need both .
    The 191MB is the MAIN render program, the 11MB zip is just the project to render..

Xtreme Addict
    I've wanted to use SM boards for desktop/workstations for a long while but have never received an answer if they work w/ Nvidia SLI. Much prefer these systems over asus or others (for the same reasons dave pointed out, more professional/get the work done/ type of designs opposed to the playtime decisions of others). Though would have liked IPMI support as well on here and sas, oh well.

Anyway, Dave, or anyone for that matter, is anyone able to confirm multi-card support?

|.Server/Storage System.............|.Gaming/Work System..............................|.Sundry...... ............|
    |.Supermico X8DTH-6f................|.Asus Z9PE-D8 WS.................................|.HP LP3065 30"LCD Monitor.|
    |.(2) Xeon X5690....................|.2xE5-2643 v2....................................|.Mino lta magicolor 7450..|
    |.(192GB) Samsung PC10600 ECC.......|.2xEVGA nVidia GTX670 4GB........................|.Nikon coolscan 9000......|
    |.800W Redundant PSU................|.(8x8GB) Kingston DDR3-1600 ECC..................|.Quantum LTO-4HH..........|
    |.NEC Slimline DVD RW DL............|.Corsair AX1200..................................|........ .................|
    |.(..6) LSI 9200-8e HBAs............|.Lite-On iHBS112.................................|.Dell D820 Laptop.........|
    |.(..8) ST9300653SS (300GB) (RAID0).|.PA120.3, Apogee, MCW N&S bridge.................|...2.33Ghz; 8GB Ram;......|
    |.(112) ST2000DL003 (2TB) (RAIDZ2)..|.(1) Areca ARC1880ix-8 512MiB Cache..............|...DVDRW; 128GB SSD.......|
    |.(..2) ST9146803SS (146GB) (RAID-1)|.(8) Intel SSD 520 240GB (RAID6).................|...Ubuntu 12.04 64bit.....|
    |.Ubuntu 12.04 64bit Server.........|.Windows 7 x64 Pro...............................|............... ..........|

V3 Xeons coming soon!
    Quote Originally Posted by stevecs View Post
    I've wanted to use SM boards for desktop/workstations for a long while but have never received an answer if they work w/ Nvidia SLI. Much prefer these systems over asus or others (for the same reasons dave pointed out, more professional/get the work done/ type of designs opposed to the playtime decisions of others). Though would have liked IPMI support as well on here and sas, oh well.

Anyway, Dave, or anyone for that matter, is anyone able to confirm multi-card support?
    Yes, and maybe 3 way SLI.. Board has 3-PCI-eX16 slots with a 16 signal to all of them.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Dave, u managed to run that render benchmark from me?

Xtreme Mentor
    please put a warning before the thread that hardcore systems will be included

When i'm being paid i always do my job through.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12