Thread: Gentle Typhoon sound dampening

Gentle Typhoon sound dampening

Hello,

I've installed 14 GT AP-15s in my CaseLabs T10 case, and while they are relatively quiet, they have a bit of a higher pitch to their sound quality than I'm used to, and it's annoying me. (Compare this to this to see what I mean.

What can I do about this? I have them all on a fan controller, but it seems like they make this noise at all RPMs. Also, I've tried the rubber fan silencers and they do not make a difference. I was thinking about buying some AcoustiPack sound dampening material to place inside the case in hopes that it would take the edge off the noise. 8 of the fans are intake in the front of the case and 6 are exhaust on top of the case if that matters.

Thanks in advance!
    Hardware: CaseLabs T10 | REIV | 3930k @ 4.8 | 16GB Mushkin 1600mhz 8-8-8-24 | 3x GTX680+ 4GB Tri-SLI | 2x 240GB Cherryville raid0 | 2x 3TB Barracuda | CEntrance DACmini CX | HiFiMan HE-500 | 30" Ultrasharp U3011
    Watercooling: EK-Supreme HF | 3x EK-FC680 GTX | EK-FB Kit RE4 | MCP35X2 | 2x Alphacool UT60 | XSPC RS360 | EK-Multioption RES X2 250 Advanced

Xtreme Addict
    my old case was (U2-UFO Horizon), and i installed (11) Gentle Typhoon 1850rpm fans on it, 9 in the case (intake - exhaust) and 3 on the CPU HS,

And it was really noisy, specially i keep it in my bed room, and then i used fan controller, but the fans noise still annoying me even with lower rpm,

Then i get rid of all the fans and the case, and i bought bench table case, and i only have CPU HS fans (140mm)and one fan (150mm) on the the

GPUs, and now my case is dead silent, and more cooler.
    Gaming rig;
    ASUS RAMPAGE IV BLACK EDITION
    I7-4390K
    G.SKILL Trident X 16GB 2400
    Intel 530 240GB
    2x Asus GTX780
    Corsair AX1200
    HP ZR30w 30
    Win 8.1 pro
    Sound rig;
    Auzen X-Fi H.T. HD --> Yulong D100 MKII --> D-7100

I am Xtreme
    If your talking about the gasket style silencers, yeah, they're worth crapola. I've used grommets from Mcmaster for a while now and they do the job pretty good. The number I order is 9311K138. Another thing that might be causing the noise is lack of open area where the fans are. If there isn't enough open area for the amount of air being moved, the air that is blocked or restricted is going to cause the air that moves a bit more freely to move even faster and if there are sharp edges or small holes, this can cause a whistling type noise.
    Circles SucQ!

If your annoyed by sigs telling you to put things in your sig, then put this in your sig

Bribery won't work on me...just say NO to AT!!!