Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: NVidia GTX 690 is now official...

Xtreme Mentor
    Card is arrived at Hardware.fr too :

http://www.hardware.fr/news/12272/ge...ous-jeudi.html

I am Xtreme
    Quote Originally Posted by One_Hertz View Post
    This is extremely interesting. Unless it will introduce input lag which it might.
    it worries me a little actually
    framerates would show no microstutter, but thats only because the images will not be synced to their times.
    basically like this, if we are panning left or right, and a light pole is moving at 10 pixels per frame, microstutter would show it moving 10 pixels each frame, but the frame would happen at the wrong times, showing one after 25ms then 15ms then 25ms. this sounds like it would make the pole move 8 pixels then 12 then 8 and so on, while the frames would be produced every 20ms.

it might do a good job by adding half a frames lag, but resulting in no microstutter, but still look stuttery in certain schenes, but framerates could look perfect from the chart perspective.

(this is all my opinion)

also its good to see why they sent a crowbar. if only the retail versions were so cool.
    2500k @ 4900mhz - Asus Maxiums IV Gene Z - Swiftech Apogee LP
    GTX 680 @ +170 (1267mhz) / +300 (3305mhz) - EK 680 FC EN/Acteal
    Swiftech MCR320 Drive @ 1300rpms - 3x GT 1850s @ 1150rpms
    XS Build Log for: My Latest Custom Case

Xtreme Addict
    Ahh the Loch Ness Monster card: Big, Epic, and no one can ever find one.
    Gigabyte Z77X-UD5H
    G-Skill Ripjaws X 16Gb - 2133Mhz
    Thermalright Ultra-120 eXtreme
    i7 2600k @ 4.4Ghz
    Sapphire 7970 OC 1.2Ghz
    Mushkin Chronos Deluxe 128Gb

SLC
    Quote Originally Posted by Manicdan View Post
    it worries me a little actually
    framerates would show no microstutter, but thats only because the images will not be synced to their times.
    basically like this, if we are panning left or right, and a light pole is moving at 10 pixels per frame, microstutter would show it moving 10 pixels each frame, but the frame would happen at the wrong times, showing one after 25ms then 15ms then 25ms. this sounds like it would make the pole move 8 pixels then 12 then 8 and so on, while the frames would be produced every 20ms.

it might do a good job by adding half a frames lag, but resulting in no microstutter, but still look stuttery in certain schenes, but framerates could look perfect from the chart perspective.

(this is all my opinion)

also its good to see why they sent a crowbar. if only the retail versions were so cool.
    Yeah that would look weird... or like you said they might lag frames on purpose to achieve an even frame output at the expense of input lag.

If reviewers don't start addressing this aspect I will seriously rage and likely buy a gtx690, obtain a high FPS camera, and check this out myself (next to my current 6990 for comparison).

I am Xtreme
    Yeah that would look weird... or like you said they might lag frames on purpose to achieve an even frame output at the expense of input lag.

If reviewers don't start addressing this aspect I will seriously rage and likely buy a gtx690, obtain a high FPS camera, and check this out myself (next to my current 6990 for comparison).
    the only way ive seen micro stutter really defeated was by not using 100% of the gpu resource. that way when one card needed to run harder, the other one relaxed a little to keep things even.
    2500k @ 4900mhz - Asus Maxiums IV Gene Z - Swiftech Apogee LP
    GTX 680 @ +170 (1267mhz) / +300 (3305mhz) - EK 680 FC EN/Acteal
    Swiftech MCR320 Drive @ 1300rpms - 3x GT 1850s @ 1150rpms
    XS Build Log for: My Latest Custom Case

Xtreme Addict
    Haha, so that is what the crowbar is for that NVIDIA sent around earlier. It's to open the box of the GTX 690

http://www.hardwareluxx.de/index.php...getroffen.html

€dith: Turd, too late...
    Notice any grammar or spelling mistakes? Feel free to correct me! Thanks

Xtreme Guru
    Methinks there should be less box photos / bragging and more benchmarking.

Heaven knows how many sites will have pretty wooden box shots and will be utterly lacking in the important multi monitor / high IQ testing...

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SKYMTL View Post

Heaven knows how many sites will have pretty wooden box shots and will be utterly lacking in the important multi monitor / high IQ testing...
    I concur.
    Home PC: Intel i7 4770K @ 4.6ghz l Asus Maximus VI Hero l Corsair Dominator Plantinum 2400mhz (4x4GB) l Asus GTX 690 l Samsung 840 Pro 256gb l 2 x WD Black 1T storage drive l WD MyBook 500gb External l Samsung SH-S203N DVD l Creative X-Fi Titanium HD l Corsair AX1200 PSU l Planar SA2311W23 3D LCD Monitor l Corsair 800D Case l Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit l Sennheiser HD-590

Water Cooling Setup: Swiftech 320 Radiator (3 X Gentle Typhoons 1450rpm 3 x Gentle Typhoons 1850 rpm) l Swiftech Pump w/XSPC Res Top l Heatkiller 3.0 CPU Block l Heatkiller GPU-X GTX 690 "Hole Edition" Nickel l Heatkiller Geforce GTX 690 GPU Backplate l Koolance 140mm Radiator l Danger Den 1/2ID UV Green tubing l EK EKoolant UV Green Liquid

-Impossible is not a word

The PhotoCHOPer
    Quote Originally Posted by SKYMTL View Post

If anyone test with less than a Tri-Screen setup of some sort, IMO it's a waste of time. If you can drop a $1k on a card you better be running tri or at least a 30"
    Silver Bullet VII

Corsair 750D | Corsair AX 850W | Core i7 2600K | Thermalright Venomous X | Asus Maximus IV Extreme B3
    eVGA GTX680 SLI | Crucial Ballistix Sport 16GB | Intel 530 240GB | 2 x WD RED 3TB in RAID 1 | LG BluRay | 3 x 2413WFP

Xtreme Addict
    I do not understand the purpose of this card when two 680s are the same price, perform better, OC better, and are much easier to sell off once you are done with them.
    I'm sure some M-ITX users would love this card. Especially because of it's 300W rating.

Then again the price is mad, and I agree with others that a card like this is problably only for multi monitor systems consisting of 27-30" monitors.

My GTX 680 was the most expensive pc part I have ever bought and I just can't imagine spening $999 unless I needed some serious GPU power for very large multi-monitor setup. Then again I don't like multi-monitor setups and prefer a single large monitor.

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by N19h7m4r3 View Post
    I'm sure some M-ITX users would love this card. Especially because of it's 300W rating.

Then again the price is mad, and I agree with others that a card like this is problably only for multi monitor systems consisting of 27-30" monitors.

My GTX 680 was the most expensive pc part I have ever bought and I just can't imagine spening $999 unless I needed some serious GPU power for very large multi-monitor setup. Then again I don't like multi-monitor setups and prefer a single large monitor.
    Seriously, if you build a pc like that, a 680 single will be plenty enough.. The day i see someone with a 590-690 or 7990 CFX in this type of pc, i will laugh badly.. ( the card will cost more of the pc itself ) This is not the purpose of this type of pc. ( peoples do what they want anyway ).

Now for different reason, ( Quad or Tri SLI-CFX ) or peoples who dont have a big tower for 2-3 cards... no problem .
    CPU: - I7 4930K (EK Supremacy )
    GPU: - 2x AMD HD7970 flashed GHZ bios ( EK Acetal Nickel Waterblock H2o)
    Motherboard: Asus x79 Deluxe
    RAM: G-skill Ares C9 2133mhz 16GB
    Main Storage: Samsung 840EVO 500GB / 2x Crucial RealSSD C300 Raid0

Xtreme Addict
    I've seen many a person with a GTX 590 and 6990 in the Silverstone SG7

Like I said, I don't see the need.
    My overclocked GTX 680 is plenty for my system, even at 2560x1440. Even then I don't really need to overclock it since everything I own plays brilliantly.

Speaking of Tri -sli would it be possible to use a GTX 680 and a 690?

I remember people mixing cards liket that in Xfire.

Xtreme Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by N19h7m4r3 View Post
    Speaking of Tri -sli would it be possible to use a GTX 680 and a 690?
    Nope. Unfortunately, that isn't supported in the drivers and to be honest, I don't think SLI will support that due to the layout of its interconnects.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234