Thread: Sins of a Solar Empire: 10$ off Retribution for other SOASE titles owners.

Xtreme Addict

Sins of a Solar Empire: 10$ off Retribution for other SOASE titles owners.

@SD_Sins
    I was going to buy it anyway so this comes as good news.
    Is anybody else interested?

Edit: oh where is my mind, it's REBELLION not Retribution.
    Can any mod change the thread title?
    Last edited by El Mano; 04-24-2012 at 03:04 PM.

I don't get it. It says steam is required to install and play Rebellion, but Sins uses Stardock Impulse which is now GameStop to do downloading and installation. Is Rebellion a standalone or an expansion? How do they plan to match the installation paths automatically? Or are we going to have to do the install manually?

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by 01Lude View Post
    I don't get it. It says steam is required to install and play Rebellion, but Sins uses Stardock Impulse which is now GameStop to do downloading and installation. Is Rebellion a standalone or an expansion? How do they plan to match the installation paths automatically? Or are we going to have to do the install manually?
    Rebellion is a standalone title including all the assets from the first 3 in the series. Make sure you register your previous sins games on www.stardock.com as that's how they verify your previous purchases for the $10 discount.

Xtreme Addict
    I downloaded and played the beta straight from Steam. Stardock was necessary only during the purchase.
    Once you have bought it, upon launching the game it will ask you for your Stardock account, and that's all.
    It's a Steamworks title with Steam achievements etc.