Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Diablo III Open Beta Weekend

Administrator

Diablo III Open Beta Weekend

Well if you haven't been invite to Beta yet and wish to check DIII out before release now is your chance.

Diablo III Open Beta Weekend.

http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/blog/4105609

Enjoy !

the servers are going to be back up at 12:30 PDT to start the event. this should be awesome.

also, if your ISP is a (like comcast), remember that you have to disable p2p transfers since blizz dose not let you set upload caps so you will send out like 4-10Mb/s and get punted.
    5930k, R5E, samsung 8GBx4 d-die, vega 56, wd gold 8TB, wd 4TB red, 2TB raid1 wd blue 5400
    samsung 840 evo 500GB, HP EX 1TB NVME , CM690II, swiftech h220, corsair 750hxi

Xtreme Mentor
    Thanks Buckeye !

Xtreme Enthusiast
    I'm having problems downloading the patch, download is too slow and then stops downloading after a while, too bad coz I've been wanting to try the beta.
    Maybe their servers' too loaded in my area right now as I'm sure its not my networks the culprit.
    [[Daily R!G]]
    Core i7 920 D0 @ 4.0GHz w/ 1.325 vcore.
    Rampage II Gene||CM HAF 932||HX850||MSI GTX 660ti PE OC||Corsair H50||G.Skill Phoenix 3 240GB||G.Skill NQ 6x2GB||Samsung 2333SW

flickr

Administrator
    I didnt have any problems downloading with Comcast, it did take maybe 3 hours tho.
    Cant get in the game tho as the servers are getting hammered big time.

A taste of what is to come on release day

Well no wonder

We've temporarily capped #D3 open beta concurrency until we can address some stability issues. Expect Error 37 and login failure.
    Last edited by Buckeye; 04-20-2012 at 12:56 PM.

I was able to download the game without any issues. Took an hour or so... but I haven't been able to log in because the servers are capped out. There is a message saying they are working on a fix so they can remove the cap.

More bad news for me is that my mouse doesn't work on the game log in screen. I am hoping that the mouse issue is specific to the log in screen and not game.

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by zanzabar View Post
    the servers are going to be back up at 12:30 PDT to start the event. this should be awesome.

also, if your ISP is a (like comcast), remember that you have to disable p2p transfers since blizz dose not let you set upload caps so you will send out like 4-10Mb/s and get punted.
    Can you clarify your issue with Comcast? I'm an employee and know there is no policy that would cause you to get "punted" Send me a PM and maybe I can help if you have some connection issues.
    Intel QX9650 @ 4.275 GHZ W/C
    Striker II Extreme 790i
    Corsair Dominator TWIN3X2048-1800C7DF G
    2x EVGA 9800 GTX SLI
    Raid 0 2X Western Digital RaptorX 150's
    Mountain Mods UFO Case
    Corsair HX1000w PSU

on the beta, they are having server problems, so the game wont be playable for most people until 5PM PDT when they do a server restart and add an extra box. (im not sure why they would not have had the extra box on at launch of the beta but whatever)

Quote Originally Posted by Fusion2002 View Post
    Can you clarify your issue with Comcast? I'm an employee and know there is no policy that would cause you to get "punted" Send me a PM and maybe I can help if you have some connection issues.
    any time i have high download or upload for about 2-5min i get dced for about 10s. it happens with everything that downloads over 2MB/s (16Mb/s) or any upload over 300KB/s (or 2-2.5Mb/s.) comcast has sent techs out, ive tried diffrent modems, routers, no router, and the only solutions seam to be to cap any large downloads or change to docsis 3 and hope that solves it. i also have blast for internet so it should let me go uncapped at full docsis2.
    Last edited by zanzabar; 04-20-2012 at 02:00 PM.
    5930k, R5E, samsung 8GBx4 d-die, vega 56, wd gold 8TB, wd 4TB red, 2TB raid1 wd blue 5400

Administrator
    Finially got in for a few minutes but getting Horrible FPS.

Using 2x Gigabyte 460gtx SOC cards for SLI
    Current Drivers I am using are 301.24

Going to revert back to 260.99 drivers and see if that helps

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Some people are already cancelling their pre-orders because Blizzard failed to send them invites to the closed beta & now can't log into the open beta. I've had it on pre-order since Jan 2010 and also have the CE on pre-oder (gonna gift my dad the standard edition) but so far D3 has been nothing but a disappointment, with bad performance & frequent disconnects, It's a shame really.

Perhaps the china servers going online first is to check to see if they've turned on enough servers for the US/EU regions.

Administrator
    Cleaned drivers and installed 285.62 and now flying at 145 FPS with everything maxed

Xtreme Member
    Thanks for the heads up Buckeye. Downloading now, looks like its going to take a about a hour to get. I hope my beta drivers cut it.

The game ran fine for me with a 6990... minus the whole no mouse in full screen issue. So I guess crossfire is fine.

I think they made the game reallllly easy though. I went through the first act solo without ever dying as a wizard just using random items I picked up. I can't decide if I am a fan or not. But maybe I am just expecting too much because I have been waiting on this game for so many years.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Its playable now, had to leave it downloading at an unstable speed all night, surprisingly enabling P2P helped.
    [[Daily R!G]]
    Rampage II Gene||CM HAF 932||HX850||MSI GTX 660ti PE OC||Corsair H50||G.Skill Phoenix 3 240GB||G.Skill NQ 6x2GB||Samsung 2333SW

flickr

Xtreme Member
    There servers are getting more use than a cheap hooker during fleet week.

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by plzdontbetaken View Post
    The game ran fine for me with a 6990... minus the whole no mouse in full screen issue. So I guess crossfire is fine.

I think they made the game reallllly easy though. I went through the first act solo without ever dying as a wizard just using random items I picked up. I can't decide if I am a fan or not. But maybe I am just expecting too much because I have been waiting on this game for so many years.
    The enemies are supposed to scale to your level (or party's levels), so it is always a decent struggle. Far easier than back in the day, but its setup to just run straight through in beta. I doubt the full game will be setup the same. D1/2 you had to level up on small dudes before you got to go take the boss down (in a crazy epic battle), I expect it to be similar. But, they also have to account for people who don't have hundreds of hours to dedicate and just do rushes, maybe they'll eliminate the ability to rush/power level, who knows.
    Why yes, yes I do use Koolance..*Flame Wall Inbound*

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Just finished a play through using Conan, LOL. Gotta try another hero.
    I gotta say some elements are a bit too repetitive - enough for you to notice but doesn't necessarily takes away the fun out if it.
    Blizzard could've gone with the old color(dark/moody) scheme from D1-D2 though, I find D3's color design a bit fancy it takes away the spooky/dark atmosphere the Diablo series has.
    [[Daily R!G]]

flickr

Xtreme Addict
    Finished a play through with demon hunter... not that overall impressed. Really don't like the new hatred thing, but I'm not sure if it's the same way with other classes. Also the skill tree seems a bit weird. Maybe I'm just feeling nostalgic for the days of D2 but it seems way too different.
    Quote Originally Posted by nn_step
    Well CPUs are like women they all like things specific ways for them.. Some love 8x and others Love 9x or 7x.. they all just have their G-Spot and you have to learn to use it..
    Quote Originally Posted by nn_step View Post
    He should have given up his nuts too. Since clearly anyone that wants any Apple product that bad, Should NOT ever breed.
    q6600 @ 2.6
    EVGA 680i
    OCZ fatal1ty ddr2 800
    8800gt SLI
    watercooled

Quote Originally Posted by The Jesus View Post
    The enemies are supposed to scale to your level (or party's levels), so it is always a decent struggle. Far easier than back in the day, but its setup to just run straight through in beta. I doubt the full game will be setup the same. D1/2 you had to level up on small dudes before you got to go take the boss down (in a crazy epic battle), I expect it to be similar. But, they also have to account for people who don't have hundreds of hours to dedicate and just do rushes, maybe they'll eliminate the ability to rush/power level, who knows.
    Hopefully it works out well. My short play through doesn't seem much like Diablo 2 though. I was hoping for more similarities because I liked D2 so much. The game seems like it will be good though... just not what I was initially hoping for. I am surprised they changed the style so much seeing as to how popular D2 was.

it is alot closer to d1 and torchlight. i was surprised by the graphics though, the SS made it look cartoonish but affter playing it looks alot like the older games but uprezed, sure it dose not have a feel of realism but they are really low rez so this way the game will look ok on all computers, i also like the ability to change specs at any time and there not being stats, it goes against tradition but it should make it more accessible and it wont suck in hell mode when you fight an elite with immunity to everything that you have.

i am wondering if it is worth it though, on one side i have been waiting a decade, but then on the other it dose not feel like a $60 game and guild wars 2 will be out a few months affter.
    Last edited by zanzabar; 04-21-2012 at 10:29 AM.

Xtreme Member
    It doesn't feel like a $60 game that I have been waiting 10 years for. I know stress tests are for checking for bugs etc but you would think that after Diablo one and two, Starcraft one and two, Warcraft one two and three and Wow that they might have a clue what there doing ? And why can't I sit in a queue when trying to log in ? I put in my information at it holds it just till I get in the game. Other games have done this for stress tests wtf blizzard ?

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by zanzabar View Post
    i am wondering if it is worth it though, on one side i have been waiting a decade, but then on the other it dose not feel like a $60 game and guild wars 2 will be out a few months affter.
    This is very important. What you do now will set the standards for the following games. If you guys don't want Blizzard to keep making games with outdated graphics, like they did with SC2 then don't buy the game. At least not the first day.

it also feels like torchlight, and torchlight 2 is supposed to be out in june and it will have multiplayer. but i dont think that it will have server side characters or drops.

Administrator
    Well I don't think its all that bad and I have wasted $60 on other games that I thought were complete garbage after I started playing them in the past.
    Graphics are pretty darn good imo, I like the mood and effects a lot so far.

We have only seen the first 13 levels with features turned off so no idea what it wil be like past that.

This whole test this weekend is to stress b.net so they can adjust that before release. This is something that pretty much all online games have done so it doesn't bother me one bit.

I think this model of required online connection even for single player game is something that will spread to other games. I am ok with that as long as we get the benefits of it like D3 seems to be trying to do. I do wish it had off line single player ability tho but even that doesn't bother me. I am used to playing MMO's for a long time which require a internet connection so its no biggy.

I am not that hard core tho and if b.net is down or some other problem its not the end of the world for me, I just go do something else. Its a huge world out there and I have plenty of other things to do then sit at a game all day long. That is just a personal opinion and nothing more.

c[_]
    needs more graphics.. i get 500-530 fps lol

All along the watchtower the watchmen watch the eternal return.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast