Thread: Quad-Fire in Skyrim

Quad-Fire in Skyrim

When I am playing Skyrim, and I am watching on my 2nd monitor the graphs in MSI Afterburner, GPU's 3 & 4 pretty much stay at 0% usage. Is this a known issue?
    Windows 10 - x64
    Intel i7 3930k Sandy Bridge-E @ 4.20GHz
    ASUS Rampage IV Formula
    16 GB G.Skill Ripjaws 2133
    2x EVGA GeForce 1080 Ti : SLi
    Samsung 840 EVO
    70'' Vizio @ 2160x3840
    3x 30" Dell @ 2560x1600
    ASUS Xonar DG
    SteelSeries Arctis Wireless Pro

I am Xtreme
    Yeah, GPU limit is set to 2 by AMD. Custom CAPs used to disable that, but apparently the game became pretty buggy, so they reverted the change...
    Donate to XS forums
    Quote Originally Posted by jayhall0315 View Post
    If you are really extreme, you never let informed facts or the scientific method hold you back from your journey to the wrong answer.

Wow, that's pretty fail on somebody's part...
    Windows 10 - x64
    Intel i7 3930k Sandy Bridge-E @ 4.20GHz
    ASUS Rampage IV Formula
    16 GB G.Skill Ripjaws 2133
    2x EVGA GeForce 1080 Ti : SLi
    Samsung 840 EVO
    70'' Vizio @ 2160x3840
    3x 30" Dell @ 2560x1600
    ASUS Xonar DG
    SteelSeries Arctis Wireless Pro

Xtreme Enthusiast
    SLI over Xfire all the way. Both have their problems at times but Nvidia has been at the multi GPU game longer and is more consistent at performance and reliability in that regard, and now that their product also offers better price to performance ratio, there's no reason not to go green.

c[_]
    what was nV's first multi-GPU card? Granted they have the expertise of 3dfx in the background, but technically ATi/AMD have the first multi-gpu card (yes, it sucked - Rage Fury MAXX).

and for what its worth, i'd vote nV when using multi-gpu as well these days. A year ago I would say either are about as good.

All along the watchtower the watchmen watch the eternal return.

Xtreme Member
    I've had more headaches with my old 4870x2 quad fire setup than it's worth. But man that setup is soo obsolete these days.
    i7 940/Rampage 2 Extreme/Corsair 6g Dominator/Corsair HX100W/GTX 580/SSD

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by STEvil View Post
    what was nV's first multi-GPU card? Granted they have the expertise of 3dfx in the background, but technically ATi/AMD have the first multi-gpu card (yes, it sucked - Rage Fury MAXX).
    Don't know why you'd bring up whom made dual GPU cards first when the topic and my response was regarding multi-card type multi-GPU, not specifically just dual GPU cards in and of themselves.

For that matter most of the time AMD/ATI try to pioneer something, it doesn't come out so well.
    Last edited by Frag Maniac; 05-21-2012 at 05:52 PM.

c[_]
    Because you said "Nvidia has been at the multi GPU game longer" which is not true. Multi-card and Multi-gpu on a card are not much different compatabilty wise aside from being enabled or not by the drivers based on chipset.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by STEvil View Post
    Because you said "Nvidia has been at the multi GPU game longer" which is not true. Multi-card and Multi-gpu on a card are not much different compatabilty wise aside from being enabled or not by the drivers based on chipset.
    Well excuse me if you can't get that it was about the THREAD TOPIC form of multi GPU, meaning MULTI CARD GPU. He was specifically referring to XFire, doesn't matter if it's Quad Fire or just two single cards, the red team have more problems with it than Nvidia.

Again with your endless nit picking about my posts. I mean really, it's getting old dude. Now you're even stooping to acting clueless just to try and prove me wrong. I even prefaced my post with "SLI over Xfire all the way", to make it clear I was referring to them having done multi CARD GPU before ATI, but of course you have to go and act like it was something else. What do you do with your spare time, surf forums constantly to try and imply errors that aren't really there just to massage your fragile ego?
    Last edited by Frag Maniac; 05-22-2012 at 12:22 AM.

Xtreme Cruncher
    Quote Originally Posted by Frag Maniac View Post
    He was specifically referring to XFire, doesn't matter if it's Quad Fire or just two single cards, the red team have more problems with it than Nvidia.
    I'm pretty sure he is actually a she. At least on the internet.

c[_]
    Quote Originally Posted by Frag Maniac View Post
    Well excuse me if you can't get that it was about the THREAD TOPIC form of multi GPU, meaning MULTI CARD GPU. He was specifically referring to XFire, doesn't matter if it's Quad Fire or just two single cards, the red team have more problems with it than Nvidia.

Again with your endless nit picking about my posts. I mean really, it's getting old dude. Now you're even stooping to acting clueless just to try and prove me wrong. I even prefaced my post with "SLI over Xfire all the way", to make it clear I was referring to them having done multi CARD GPU before ATI, but of course you have to go and act like it was something else. What do you do with your spare time, surf forums constantly to try and imply errors that aren't really there just to massage your fragile ego?
    aaaaand vacation time.