Thread: @ stoneageman

Xtreme Cruncher

@ stoneageman

what ati wrapper are you using in linux im going crazy trying to get my 7870s up and running in ubuntu.
    im going to start using on this setup soon,

Linux those diseases
    Oops, sorry I missed this. Did you resort to or are you still

Xtreme Cruncher
    its still needed right now im on xp with them playing games im not wanting to buy another os and i do like
    ubuntu just need to know what drivers your using for your ati cards, the stock drivers are not very good.
    all i get is errors,so i need to be pointed in the right direction :

Linux those diseases
    Just used the catalyst 12.4 driver from AMD site. Have also downloaded it using the 'additional drivers' feature in Ubuntu 12.04, but that seems a bit buggy. Have you made sure any previous drivers are uninstalled first?

Xtreme Cruncher
    yes i was using current drivers its my mother board i cant get sound driver wifi and lots of other
    stuff on that board it isn't linux friendly.

there is a few post on ubuntu on it and it isn't looking good for that board any suggestion on a good linux board
    and wifi card will help me out a lot amd or intel with 2 X16 pci-e lanes for 65 to 125 dollars i have a fx cpu and a
    I 5 cpu just need to change out the board the old board will be sold to my brother.

Linux those diseases
    Ubuntu is generally very compatible with all the main brands. Just watch out for any board with a Bigfoot network adapter as there is no linux driver for them I'm not familiar with latest M/B's as all of mine are no longer made

Xtreme Cruncher
    i know the feeling i got rid of 3 old opti boards i think poppageek is still running them .
    wish i kept them now,

guess im going try amd asus board seeing asus is writing linux drivers.
    now to figure out what wifi card ubuntu prefer and see it at install then im ok.
    i will let you know what i come up with from the ubuntu forums,

lol there is no short cuts,guess i will start with there sticky threads on the wifi card, and thank you.