Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Diablo III Open Beta Weekend

I pulled off a guest pass already. Pulled some strings with some old colleagues at my last job.
    Quote Originally Posted by Leon2ky
    "dammit kyle what's with the 30 second sex lately?" "Sorry sweetie, I overclocked my nuts and they haven't been stable since"
    Quote Originally Posted by trinibwoy View Post
    I don't think his backside has internet access.
    Quote Originally Posted by n00b 0f l337 View Post
    Hey I just met you
    And this is crazy
    But I'm on bath salts
    And your face looks tasty

c[_]
    well i give up for tonight, guess i'll have to see if I can get in tomorrow after work

edit

and of coarse as soon as I said that it let me in...
    Last edited by STEvil; 05-15-2012 at 01:09 AM.

All along the watchtower the watchmen watch the eternal return.

Xtreme Addict
    Didn't this game require permanent internet connection, like Ubisoft games?
    Why is nobody complaining about this?

Xtreme Enthusiast
    got in today and logged enough time to get to lvl 14

demon hunter...

add me as [tag]flickerdown[/tag]
    Heat: 50 - 0 - 0 under "Argus333"

all outta gum
    If this was any other company i could forgive the login problems, but Blizzard? Seriously? I thought after WoW they knew best how to run a game for a billion people... even League of Legends made by a relaitvely new company does it better.
    www.teampclab.pl
    MOA 2009 Poland #2, AMD Black Ops 2010, MOA 2011 Poland #1, MOA 2011 EMEA #12

Test bench: empty

Quote Originally Posted by El Maņo View Post
    1) it's a multiplayer only game not a SP game, some people play solo but the point of diablo is not to solo and never trade or group. think guild wars.

2) without online all the time there would be a need for open and closed battle net since the server could not do loot roles for everything, and that causes confusion and problems for casual players.
    Last edited by zanzabar; 05-15-2012 at 02:05 PM.
    5930k, R5E, samsung 8GBx4 d-die, vega 56, wd gold 8TB, wd 4TB red, 2TB raid1 wd blue 5400
    samsung 840 evo 500GB, HP EX 1TB NVME , CM690II, swiftech h220, corsair 750hxi

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by El Maņo View Post
    There's over 500 pages of complaints about not being able to log onto D3 at all on the official forums. It is slightly different to Ubi's stupid Online DRM but not far off being as big a disaster PR wise.

Administrator
    Well to some its a disaster and to read the complaints it sounds like some of the posters go a little over the top.
    All most all MMO's have had problems like these on opening day and this one being tied to b.net makes it act kind of the same, I guess.

All in all it doesn't bother me, D3 is not going anywhere.

I would have thought after all the years they had worked on the new b.net a lot of these issues would not have happened. But I guess with systems as complex as these are its super hard to nail down every problem.

Its working fine for me tonight tho so no issue here really. I think this was one of the reasons they released at midnight, as a lot of people simply could not stay up that late, work and RL stuff so it lowered the massive number of people trying to login at one time.

I mean really the number of people all trying to login at one time must be stagering.

I am fine with online DRM, most games I play are online anyway and if my internet goes down I always have something more productive I could be doing.

Xtreme Member
    Was sitting on the fence on this one till the last minute .... then the last 3 days friends who have been playing the diablo series a while and together were gearing up for this i said dammit and took the jump yesterday 30 min before release. Couldnt get into D2 but this has been fun so far playing with my 3 other friends.
    Last edited by Zloyd; 05-15-2012 at 08:00 PM.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Buckeye View Post
    Well to some its a disaster and to read the complaints it sounds like some of the posters go a little over the top.
    All most all MMO's have had problems like these on opening day and this one being tied to b.net makes it act kind of the same, I guess.

All in all it doesn't bother me, D3 is not going anywhere.

I would have thought after all the years they had worked on the new b.net a lot of these issues would not have happened. But I guess with systems as complex as these are its super hard to nail down every problem.

Its working fine for me tonight tho so no issue here really. I think this was one of the reasons they released at midnight, as a lot of people simply could not stay up that late, work and RL stuff so it lowered the massive number of people trying to login at one time.

I mean really the number of people all trying to login at one time must be stagering.

I am fine with online DRM, most games I play are online anyway and if my internet goes down I always have something more productive I could be doing.
    The problem with being able to log in is that the stress test weekend was used to see how many a set number of servers could manage. They knew how many pre-orders they had and failed to get enough servers online, even with knowing how to manage WoW, it's just an amateur mistake by Activision-Blizzard.

There's also been a game breaking bug involving giving a shield to a follower from your demon hunter which either survived the Beta unnoticed or was added afterwards. There was also an issue with Digital Editions not registering properly which caused big delays for some (they're still not done with it).

Administrator
    I agree with you DeathReborn 100%

Xtreme Addict
    I've been playing around in NV Inspector trying to get an antialiasing compatibility bit to work but so far no luck. I've read a few people have had luck but its not liking me it seems. I'd sooner run supersampling instead of FXAA as its nice to have clear text in this game. I've also noticed that adaptive vsync isn't a sure thing as when its on, it doesn't appear to be enabling vsync yet when I force plane jane Vsync, its toally fine... I'm normally not overly annoyed by tearing but it bugs me in isometric games particularly. Enforcing a framerate cap within Inspector ( or via another 3rd party app like afterburner ) helps a good bit. I've tested the in game frame limitor ( not unlike WoWs ) but as in the beta, I personally had erratic performance with it on.

I managed to clear the beta content last night (ie up to leoric ) then the servers went down for fixing. My latency was quite inconsistant (250 as a low and closer to 400-500) and for the first 30 minutes or so there was serious packet loss from the server which sucked even more so. After playing the beta for the better part of 7 months and having a 100ms packet loss free connection its kind of a kick in the pants. It reminded me of trying to play in a 8 player D2 game with a 28.8K connection... Hopefully they get the server load and performance in check soon.

I'm mostly glad not to have to do 1-13 again ( probaley did so at least 3 or 4 times per class during the beta ) to only have my characters wiped and start all over
    Last edited by Chickenfeed; 05-16-2012 at 09:27 AM.
    Feedanator 7.0
    CASE:R5|PSU:850G2|CPU:i7 6850K|MB:x99 Ultra|RAM:8x4 2666|GPU:980TI|SSD:BPX256/Evo500|SOUND:2i4/HS8
    LCD:XB271HU|OS:Win10|INPUT:G900/K70 |HS/F:H115i

Xtreme Member
    So how much larger is D3 to D2 ? I "heard" some people already beat D3 on the first day. I don't remember D2 being that small but that was a really long time ago.

Xtreme Member
    It took me roughly 2 days (the starting night, and the whole following day). The thing with this game is that you should realise that you are up for 4 playthroughs on a single character. I can tell you now, going from normal difficulty to nightmare is quite a massive jump, so it's good that it makes it more of a challenge.
    i7-3770k / Maximus V Extreme / G.Skill Trident X 2400 2x4gb 10-12-12-31-2N / 2x Sapphire 7970 Dual X OC / 4x Samsung 830 128GB / Corsair HX1000

Xtreme Member
    cool thanks for the info Kessian

Xtreme Member
    Its not as long as D2 IMO. Probably 12 hours straight through on normal. But like he mentioned, you have normal, nightmare, hell, and inferno (impossible) modes to do.

I didn't think the normal to nightmare jump was that big and definitely not that drastic compared to D2's norm to nightmare jump, lmao.
    Why yes, yes I do use Koolance..*Flame Wall Inbound*

c[_]
    Just beat the game.

Holy crap the end credits are long..

edit

also its longer than diablo 2..

Xtreme Addict
    I thoroughly beat normal with a Wizard in 11 and a half hours. I read all the lore and spoke to all the npc as well as explored each map in full. Just got to A3 nightmare and am just skipping through things this time to see how much quicker it is. I've been playing around with different setups but I find I like a lot of different things so its really down to what works for you.
    Feedanator 7.0
    CASE:R5|PSU:850G2|CPU:i7 6850K|MB:x99 Ultra|RAM:8x4 2666|GPU:980TI|SSD:BPX256/Evo500|SOUND:2i4/HS8

all outta gum
    IMO it's takes longer to complete D3 alone than Diablo 2 with any party (playing alone in D2 you'd have to repeat some areas to get enough XP and farm to take on the bosses and it might take longer than Diablo 3).
    www.teampclab.pl
    MOA 2009 Poland #2, AMD Black Ops 2010, MOA 2011 Poland #1, MOA 2011 EMEA #12

Test bench: empty

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by G.Foyle View Post
    IMO it's takes longer to complete D3 alone than Diablo 2 with any party (playing alone in D2 you'd have to repeat some areas to get enough XP and farm to take on the bosses and it might take longer than Diablo 3).
    Exactly. I haven't needed to go back and level up to be able to handle the next area as the monsters scale pretty well as you progress.
    Why yes, yes I do use Koolance..*Flame Wall Inbound*

c[_]
    Yeah, that.

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by The Jesus View Post
    Exactly. I haven't needed to go back and level up to be able to handle the next area as the monsters scale pretty well as you progress.
    This. Not until hell do you need to potentially do this for the sake of better items. The games levelling curve is balanced quite well assuming you don't skip a lot of content. Just started hell last night and am playing around
    with different wizard builds.
    Feedanator 7.0

c[_]
    I keep getting crap drops

Quote Originally Posted by STEvil View Post
    I keep getting crap drops
    go to the AH, the items are really cheap you just need to set it at a low buy out and move up if needed.

also, at low lvls (sub 40), gems are really cheap and really op so get all socketed. you get 30 of a stat for about 1500 and for weapons putting a ruby in there makes all of the difference.
    5930k, R5E, samsung 8GBx4 d-die, vega 56, wd gold 8TB, wd 4TB red, 2TB raid1 wd blue 5400
    samsung 840 evo 500GB, HP EX 1TB NVME , CM690II, swiftech h220, corsair 750hxi

Administrator
    Man you guys play fast. I am a 31 Barb on Act III getting close to Act IV.

Yes I also am exploring every little bit, talking to every NPC, reading everything that drops. I do really like this game and have had some pretty sweet battles, very enjoyable.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast