Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Diablo III Open Beta Weekend

Quote Originally Posted by eBoy0 View Post
    Finished a play through with demon hunter... not that overall impressed. Really don't like the new hatred thing, but I'm not sure if it's the same way with other classes. Also the skill tree seems a bit weird. Maybe I'm just feeling nostalgic for the days of D2 but it seems way too different.
    Different classes have different resources to manage. Hatred/discipline is specific to the demon hunter. In the early beta versions, the demon hunter didn't have skills to build hatred, which led to the demon hunter constantly waiting to charge up... Needless to say, that changed up in a hurry.
    Quote Originally Posted by Leon2ky
    "dammit kyle what's with the 30 second sex lately?" "Sorry sweetie, I overclocked my nuts and they haven't been stable since"
    Quote Originally Posted by trinibwoy View Post
    I don't think his backside has internet access.
    Quote Originally Posted by n00b 0f l337 View Post
    Hey I just met you
    And this is crazy
    But I'm on bath salts
    And your face looks tasty

Xtreme Addict
    I've had beta access since last fall so for those who seem to think the beta is a glorified demo, the game has underwent considerable mechanic changes over the last 8 months and for the better I might add. Blizzard has listened to community input and the games flow is significantly improved over what I saw last September. I'm personally really excited to play through the full game normal to hell. I don't expect it to be perfect or even well balanced initially, let alone the first year but given I'm not one to promote PVP, I'm not overly concerned. Blizzard support their games well into the future (how many other devs support multiple titles for 10+ years?) and D3 is sure to be no different.

As far as the issues they've had over the weekends open test, its meant to be a teething test. They've had a relatively small tester base up to now so the number of concurrent users has been quite low. At least they are load testing, I can think of too many times where a game wasn't accessible at launch due to server issues.

As far as performance goes, check your systems software first and foremost. I've ran the beta on a varriety of Nvidia and some AMD hardware (I wouldn't recommend multi gpu configs from either camp at this point where D3 is concerned; hopefully this improves with further drivers) and the games ran and scaled well on all of it.
    Last edited by Chickenfeed; 04-23-2012 at 06:43 AM.
    Feedanator 7.0
    CASE:R5|PSU:850G2|CPU:i7 6850K|MB:x99 Ultra|RAM:8x4 2666|GPU:980TI|SSD:BPX256/Evo500|SOUND:2i4/HS8
    LCD:XB271HU|OS:Win10|INPUT:G900/K70 |HS/F:H115i

Xtreme Addict
    Actually the DH primary attack recovers 3 hartred, but still, I guess it's to be seen with the actual release.
    Quote Originally Posted by nn_step
    Well CPUs are like women they all like things specific ways for them.. Some love 8x and others Love 9x or 7x.. they all just have their G-Spot and you have to learn to use it..
    Quote Originally Posted by nn_step View Post
    He should have given up his nuts too. Since clearly anyone that wants any Apple product that bad, Should NOT ever breed.
    q6600 @ 2.6
    EVGA 680i
    OCZ fatal1ty ddr2 800
    8800gt SLI
    watercooled

the game felt slow, and the lack of pot use seams kinda wrong. i also want to know why the zoom level is so low, it has less screen space than d2lod and i find the capping that started with warcraft3 to be way to small and it has proliferated into everything top down now. the transparent map was also missing.
    Last edited by zanzabar; 04-23-2012 at 10:38 PM.
    5930k, R5E, samsung 8GBx4 d-die, vega 56, wd gold 8TB, wd 4TB red, 2TB raid1 wd blue 5400
    samsung 840 evo 500GB, HP EX 1TB NVME , CM690II, swiftech h220, corsair 750hxi

c[_]
    I miss old school town portals.

All along the watchtower the watchmen watch the eternal return.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by STEvil View Post
    I miss old school town portals.
    You mean the scrolls portal? Yeah, its a bit easy to teleport on D3 now, your character just needs to dance.
    I recalled dying countless times when surrounded, before i can open a portal on D2.

Quote Originally Posted by zanzabar View Post
    the game felt slow, and the lack of pot use seams kinda wrong. i also want to know why the zoom level is so low, it has less screen space than
    d2lod and i find the capping that started with warcraft3 to be way to small and it has proliferated into everything top down now. the transparent map was also missing.
    The overlay map, I hope they'll bring it back, I like that too - can keep gaming with it on display, and easier to spot unexplored places.
    [[Daily R!G]]
    Core i7 920 D0 @ 4.0GHz w/ 1.325 vcore.
    Rampage II Gene||CM HAF 932||HX850||MSI GTX 660ti PE OC||Corsair H50||G.Skill Phoenix 3 240GB||G.Skill NQ 6x2GB||Samsung 2333SW

flickr

Xtreme Enthusiast
    It took a whole day for servers to allow me to log in but when I finally did, I played 2.5 hours and finished the beta (after exploring everything) on a demon hunter. I liked it so much that I pre-ordered it monday night

Quote Originally Posted by zanzabar View Post
    and the lack of pot use seams kinda wrong
    huh, no lack of pot use over here

i was a huge diablo, d2, d2 lod fan and have been waiting for this game to come out. i got in on the beta weekend and it seems decent. i liked the stat setup better for d2, being able to make random classes out of the characters (a necro that was good for melee and such). not sure how i feel about the "skill tree" yet. i really want the collector's edition or whatever it is with the soul stone flash drive though..
    asus p5q pro p45
    e8400 @ 3.6
    g.skill 4 x 2 gb ddr2 1066
    gigabtye 4850

(o.O)
    I really enjoyed it. I hope everyone realizes the beta was a small snapshot of what the game has to offer and the level cap at 13 really prevents anyone from appreciating the skill system.

Just remember, if you though you ever had skill choices in d2, you're wrong You put every stat into VIT, and you only picked skills that synergized with your main skill for 80 of your 100 skill points.
    Intel Core 2 Quad Q9450 Yorkfield @ 3.2GHz | Asus P5Q Deluxe mobo | 2x OCZ Reaper HPC 4GB (2 x 2GB) DDR2 1066 (PC2 8500) | Sapphire 4870x2 | Western Digital VelociRaptor 300GB 10k RPM | Intel 120GB SSD | Western Digital Caviar SE16 640GB 7200 RPM | Hitachi 2TB 7200 RPM | PCP&C 750W Power Supply |Cooler Master HAF932 | Windows 7 64-bit | Dell ULTRASHARP 2408WFP 24-inch Widescreen Flat Panel Monitor

Join Us in the XS World Community Grid Forum & Help Fight Cancer and Other Diseases

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Rise View Post
    Just remember, if you though you ever had skill choices in d2, you're wrong You put every stat into VIT, and you only picked skills that synergized with your main skill for 80 of your 100 skill points.
    Agreed here. I am no pro at D2 but thats pretty much the rule.

c[_]
    Quote Originally Posted by Buckeye View Post
    Agreed here. I am no pro at D2 but thats pretty much the rule.
    Thats how it goes with any stat builder game. Diablo 3 just does away with the uselessness of having to choose them, which is fine by me. What would be nice though is weapon proficiency building up by use of the weapon. I hope gems and runes come back for weapons/armor/etc as well too, though de-socketing them doesnt break them.. seriously.

Diablo 3! Who's Excited?
    I haven't touched the beta in months and I purposed stayed out of the open weekend. I'm going to pick the game up when it launches and just cross my fingers that it shocks me. Worst case Blizzard makes a few bucks and I walk away knowing I tried it.

Quote Originally Posted by Rise View Post
    I really enjoyed it. I hope everyone realizes the beta was a small snapshot of what the game has to offer and the level cap at 13 really prevents anyone from appreciating the skill system.

Tell that to my plate wearing sorceress

edit: Speaking of which, it is really going to piss me off that I won't be able to equip any character in plate armor. That plate wearing sorc looking awesome in shiny steel. The casters had better not be limited to ty cloth and leathers.

c[_]
    limiting characters from using certain items is junk.

Quote Originally Posted by STEvil View Post
    limiting characters from using certain items is junk.
    i was fine with LOD limiting weapons, but this whole kit being limited that is supposed to happen seams wrong. but then with no stats there would be no reason for every1 not to have heavy armor without dropping other stats.
    5930k, R5E, samsung 8GBx4 d-die, vega 56, wd gold 8TB, wd 4TB red, 2TB raid1 wd blue 5400
    samsung 840 evo 500GB, HP EX 1TB NVME , CM690II, swiftech h220, corsair 750hxi

c[_]
    I dont think stats should have ever limited you from using something.

Say you didnt have enough strength, it might have just made you have less inventory slots, not enough dex might have meant you lose an attack speed rating (fast instead of fastest).. etc.

Administrator
    It is done. The beginning of the end of days.

Xtreme Member
    Also, for anyone wondering, servers go live @ 12:00 AM PDT.
    Why yes, yes I do use Koolance..*Flame Wall Inbound*

To those who already got it... Thanks to an un-expected expense, I have to wait til this weekend to get it. Anyone got a spare guest pass I can snag for now?
    "dammit kyle what's with the 30 second sex lately?" "Sorry sweetie, I overclocked my nuts and they haven't been stable since"
    Hey I just met you
    And this is crazy
    But I'm on bath salts

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DilTech View Post
    To those who already got it... Thanks to an un-expected expense, I have to wait til this weekend to get it. Anyone got a spare guest pass I can snag for now?
    People keep mentioning the guest passes, but I guess I don't get any with the digital version which is kind of BS since I paid the same price as retail...

I'm pretty sure it's physical box only unfortunately.
    Hey I just met you
    And this is crazy
    But I'm on bath salts

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DilTech View Post
    I'm pretty sure it's physical box only unfortunately.
    Yeah, I just found confirmation. Sorry, I'd give you one if I could :/

Quote Originally Posted by The Jesus View Post
    Yeah, I just found confirmation. Sorry, I'd give you one if I could :/
    It's okay, glad you would've at least been willing to help me out on this one.
    Hey I just met you
    And this is crazy
    But I'm on bath salts

Administrator
    Sorry DiTech im digital here also
    Last edited by Buckeye; 05-14-2012 at 09:56 PM.

c[_]
    37 37 37 37 37 37 37 37 37 37 37 37 .............

Xtreme Member
    Biggest fail ever. Don't worry about those guest passes, you wouldn't be able to login anyways because Blizzard can't comprehend that a phased rollout or queue based login would've made sense.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast