Thread: Open source DIY TEC and Fan controller

Threaded View

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Of course the answers are different, as the two pic's have different variables and therefore the answers are different.(as you would expect)

However had we punched in the same variables there would still be a discrepancy.

People need to understand the difference between a calculated answer and a chart.

My calculator, when a number of variables are entered completes some mathematical equations and out puts a result. It uses the same mathematical equation no matter what TEC is selected. It in effect it assumes ALL TEC's are the same design and manufacturing process. However this is not reality as all TEC's are actually slightly different. .

A chart is produced when the ACTUAL TEC is tested and the results are plotted.

So Charts and calculations will never be 100% the same. This also means i can not fix my app because it is correct.

Custom thermoelectric TEC's are also More expensive than average TEC's so one would assume they should perform better than average, which according to the chart they do

EDIT
    amperage will decrease as dt increase at a set voltage..
    You are correct and my app does do this.
    Last edited by Ultrasonic2; 05-20-2012 at 03:32 PM.