Page 5 of 30 FirstFirst ... 234567815 ... LastLast

Thread: ASUS Z77 Motherboards - Official Support Thread

Xtreme Member
    So the Gene will not boot 8 series cards. That's pretty messed up considering on only bought this board for benchmarking.
    The 570 boots no problem.

Where can I get mem TweakIT 1.01.5?

Xtreme X.I.P.
    Quote Originally Posted by NoGuru View Post

Use 1.01.6: http://www.datafilehost.com/download-6760de90.html
    ASUS North America Technical Marketing - If you are based outside North America and require technical assistance or have a query please contact ASUS Support for your region.

Rampage IV Extreme tweaking guide

ASUS Z77 UEFI Tuning Guide for overclocking

Maximus 5 Gene OC Guide

Maximus VI Series UEFI OC Guide

Xtreme Memory Hoarder
    Quote Originally Posted by NoGuru View Post
    So the Gene will not boot 8 series cards. That's pretty messed up considering on only bought this board for benchmarking.
    The 570 boots no problem.

I just tested an EVGA 8800 GTS 320MB and it boots in to the bios just fine but I don't want to really install Windows to test fully, as for the latest memtweakit I believe it is in here somewhere.

Once again thanks for the X58 OC
    Quote Originally Posted by Hondacity View Post
    gskillllin it!

Xtreme Member
    I did not know that was you I sold it too, lol. Yeah board is way more fun then any other 1366.

Strange, I couldn't see the BIOS or anything, it was like it the LCD would not see the card. I will have to try it again now that I have the latest BIOS and all.

Xtreme Addict
    32GB ram at 2400MHz on the P8Z77-V DELUXE. LLC set to high, VCORE Offset +0.070V, memory voltage at 1.55V, 46x CPU multiplier and 2400MHz speed. All other setting at default using XMP profile #2.

4x8GB G.SKILL Trident X F3-2400C10D-16GTX
    ASUS GTX580 SLI
    OCZ 256GB Vertex4
    OCZ ZX 1250W Power Supply

click for larger image

click for larger image

click for larger image

click for larger image

click for larger image

click for larger image

I am Xtreme
    So the Tridents can run below normal operating voltage...
    Question : Why do some overclockers switch into d*ckmode when money is involved

Remark : They call me Pro Asus Saaya yupp, I agree

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Leeghoofd View Post
    So the Tridents can run below normal operating voltage...
    Yes but 1.525V is not stable.

Xtreme Addict
    Just finished putting together a 3570K and a P8Z77-v Pro board. It wont boot if I have my 6950/6970 plugged in, just gives me a VGA_LED. If i take it out and boot with onboard it works fine. This is from an X58 build where the 6950/70 has worked flawless. wtf....

Tried it with a 5450 and it worked fine, 6970, no go. Is there a compatibility issue?

Apparently the Asus board doesnt like the 6950 flashed to 6970. Flipped the switch to go back to the old bios and it booted right up. /sigh
    Last edited by Budwise; 04-29-2012 at 05:35 PM.
    7820X | Asrock X299 Taichi XE | Gigabyte 1080 Ti Xtreme | 32GB Memoriez | Corsair HXi1000 | 500GB 960 Evo

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Budwise View Post
    Just finished putting together a 3570K and a P8Z77-v Pro board. It wont boot if I have my 6950/6970 plugged in, just gives me a VGA_LED. If i take it out and boot with onboard it works fine. This is from an X58 build where the 6950/70 has worked flawless. wtf....

Tried it with a 5450 and it worked fine, 6970, no go. Is there a compatibility issue?

Apparently the Asus board doesn't like the 6950 flashed to 6970. Flipped the switch to go back to the old bios and it booted right up. /sigh
    I had the same problems with two different 8800 GTX+ and it would not boot unless I used the onboard HDMI. I did try a 570 GTX and it worked fine and a 7900 GS that worked as well.
    Now my Gene is giving error 62 and I can't even get into the BIOS.

Did anyone try installing LSI MegaRaid 9265-8i raid controller on ASUS P8Z77-V Deluxe? The system cannot see LSI raid card at all. Raid controller bios is not initialized during booting, SAS disks are not listed and the system boots as if there is no raid card at all. Also, the card is not listed in Device Manager in Windows.
    I tried ASUS bioses 0906 and 1050. 9265-8i has the latest firmware flashed. Tried intalling in both slots PCIEX16_2 and PCIEX16_3, that didn't help.
    Will be awaiting for bios fix.
    CPU i7 950 D0 @ 4200mhz (183*23) HT on @ vcore 1,30000v/uncore 1,32500v | Cooler Noctua NH-D14 | MoBo Asus Rampage II Extreme rev. 2.01G (X58+ICH10R) | DDRIII 3*4096mb PC3-17000 Corsair DOMINATOR GT CMT16GX3M4X2133C9 @ 1830mhz 8-9-9-24-1T @ 1.53v | Video Gigabyte Radeon HD7970 3gb reference @ 1125mhz | Raid controller LSI MegaRAID SAS 9265-8i PCI-E 2.0x8 SAS 2.0 1gb | HDD 6 x 300gb SAS 2.0 Seagate Cheetah 15K.7 ST3300657SS 15000rpm 16mb @ all in Raid0 | HDD 2000gb SATAIII Hitachi HD723020BLA642 7200rpm 64mb | Sound Creative X-Fi Titanium HD | BD-RW SATA LITE-ON iHBS212 | Case Cooler Master HAF X | PSU Enermax Platimax EPM1500EGT 1500wt | LCD ASUS PA246Q 24'' P-IPS 1920*1200 | Mouse Logitech G500 | LinX 64-bit 24 hours stable | Prime95 64-bit 24 hours stable

New P8Z77-V owner.

Installed motherboard yesterday and it hasn't been plain sailing. I am coming from a p67 board and using a 2500k. Nothing has changed but the motherboard. I am used to 4.6 with my mem at 1600mhz (Gskill @1.5v CL9)and a vcore offset of 0.035 (weak LLC).

Firstly the out of box bios was poor. I downloaded updates for everything else except the bios and did a freshing OS install and manually updated drivers. Also the system seemed much 'slicker' running without my GFX and soundcard installed. In fact seemed better without Lucix too. I still have that installed.

After a few hours I swapped out the bios. This at first seemed okay - could test 1hr stable at previously known settings and overclock. But on reboot started to noticed odd vcore loading - the CPU sits at 4.6 for no reason under no load at full vcore - this is on win7 balanced power settings and high performance so not a OS issue. Also the AI suite had become sluggish and unresponsive (lastest version) the idea of accessing this during a stability test is a no goer (I've since removed it for now). I wasn't happy overall and have since cleared the CMOS.

I hope this doesn't continues without improvement. I am back down to no overclock and stand mem settings 1333mhz while observing the system.

Is there another bios to try? Haven't seen anything listed for the standard V.

The only other thing that occurs to me is that the new motherboard is very picky about mem sticks. As I any running gskill CL9 of 2*4gb and 2*2gb kits with slightly different codes. I am running Memtest now on all available memory. Something my previous system had no problems with.

Overall I think the motherboard is very focused on Ivy and has poor support for Sandy.

Xtreme X.I.P.
    Newer builds should be up soon. Other than that, Z77 is more IB centric, these boards were designed to get the most out of the newer CPUs.
    ASUS North America Technical Marketing - If you are based outside North America and require technical assistance or have a query please contact ASUS Support for your region.

Maximus 5 Gene OC Guide

Xtreme Enthusiast
    For the love of god I am about to toss this Maximus V Gene out the window. What is the major malfunction with Asus and detecting a freaking USB keyboard on startup? Tried two different keyboards and only 1 USB port out of them all registers it. The huge issue is tjat when I press CTR I to get into the RAID config nothing happens. No matter how fast I press the keys it just blows right past the screen which only flashes for a second.

Using BIOS 0701, is this stuff ever tested? So here I sit unable to set up RAID and install Windows. The keyboard works in the BIOS but my mouse doesn't no matter which usb port. On my RIVE they both work fine and I could use them in the BIOS. So what voodoo majic do I need to perform in order to get into the RAID config?
    GPU: 4-Way SLI GTX Titan's (1202 MHz Core / 3724 MHz Mem) with EK water blocks and back-plates
    CPU: 3960X - 5.2 GHz with Koolance 380i water block
    MB: ASUS Rampage IV Extreme with EK full board water block
    RAM: 16 GB 2400 MHz Team Group with Bitspower water blocks
    DISPLAY: 3x 120Hz Portrait Perfect Motion Clarity 2D Lightboost Surround
    SOUND: Asus Xonar Essence -One- USB DAC/AMP
    PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA NEX1500
    SSD: Raid 0 - Samsung 840 Pro's
    BUILD THREAD: http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1751610

Quote Originally Posted by Raja@ASUS View Post
    Newer builds should be up soon. Other than that, Z77 is more IB centric, these boards were designed to get the most out of the newer CPUs.
    Raja, please pass to HQ problem with LSI 9265 raid card which I discribed two posts above. I think that the problem resides on ASUS side, not LSI side.
    I really really don't want to abandon neither ASUS P8Z77-V Deluxe board nor LSI raid card (which costs twice the cost of P8Z77-V Dlx) with a bunch of 15K SAS drives. Pls. help this problem fixed thru bios update. Thank you.
    Last edited by DEFLORATOR; 05-01-2012 at 11:56 PM.
    CPU i7 950 D0 @ 4200mhz (183*23) HT on @ vcore 1,30000v/uncore 1,32500v | Cooler Noctua NH-D14 | MoBo Asus Rampage II Extreme rev. 2.01G (X58+ICH10R) | DDRIII 3*4096mb PC3-17000 Corsair DOMINATOR GT CMT16GX3M4X2133C9 @ 1830mhz 8-9-9-24-1T @ 1.53v | Video Gigabyte Radeon HD7970 3gb reference @ 1125mhz | Raid controller LSI MegaRAID SAS 9265-8i PCI-E 2.0x8 SAS 2.0 1gb | HDD 6 x 300gb SAS 2.0 Seagate Cheetah 15K.7 ST3300657SS 15000rpm 16mb @ all in Raid0 | HDD 2000gb SATAIII Hitachi HD723020BLA642 7200rpm 64mb | Sound Creative X-Fi Titanium HD | BD-RW SATA LITE-ON iHBS212 | Case Cooler Master HAF X | PSU Enermax Platimax EPM1500EGT 1500wt | LCD ASUS PA246Q 24'' P-IPS 1920*1200 | Mouse Logitech G500 | LinX 64-bit 24 hours stable | Prime95 64-bit 24 hours stable

Xtreme X.I.P.
    Quote Originally Posted by Callsign_Vega View Post
    For the love of god I am about to toss this Maximus V Gene out the window. What is the major malfunction with Asus and detecting a freaking USB keyboard on startup? Tried two different keyboards and only 1 USB port out of them all registers it. The huge issue is tjat when I press CTR I to get into the RAID config nothing happens. No matter how fast I press the keys it just blows right past the screen which only flashes for a second.

Using BIOS 0701, is this stuff ever tested? So here I sit unable to set up RAID and install Windows. The keyboard works in the BIOS but my mouse doesn't no matter which usb port. On my RIVE they both work fine and I could use them in the BIOS. So what voodoo majic do I need to perform in order to get into the RAID config?
    First port of call would be to tell me which USB keyboard and mouse you are using (part numbers and revision number if any). Is the system at bone stock settings or OC'd? Does the mouse and keyboard show up again in UEFI if you AC power cycle the system (turn PSU off and let residual power drain)?

-Raja

Maximus 5 Gene OC Guide

Xtreme X.I.P.
    Quote Originally Posted by DEFLORATOR View Post
    Raja, please pass to HQ problem with LSI 9265 raid card which I discribed two posts above. I think that the problem resides on ASUS side, not LSI side.
    I really really don't want to abandon neither ASUS P8Z77-V Deluxe board nor LSI raid card (which costs twice the cost of P8Z77-V Dlx) with a bunch of 15K SAS drives. Pls. help this problem fixed thru bios update. Thank you.
    If you can tell me which BIOS version that card is using I will see if the HQ desktop teams have the card and can validate it. Will also need to know which option ROMs are enabled in UEFI (Intel RAID etc) when you are using the card.

There is a reason sever boards cost so much my friend - validation, which is what devices like these need. That's why they slip under the radar on desktop boards where their usage audience is incredibly limited.

-Raja

Maximus 5 Gene OC Guide

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Sorry about the rage but when you spend 3 hours trying to get into a simple raid config menu It tends to get to you. The keyboard gets power on startup, num lock turns on well before the raid menu flashes, it works in the bios, it registers as a keyboard on post, yet Ctr I does nothing no matter what I do. Never had any issues with this keyboard before in anu BIOS. It's just a generic.

The other keyboard is a mac usb that worked fine on my RIVE. The mouse is a lohitech M570 that doesn't register no matter is it is in the 2.0, 3.0, asmedia ports.

I just don't get how with a working keyboard Ctr I does nothing on the raid screen.
    GPU: 4-Way SLI GTX Titan's (1202 MHz Core / 3724 MHz Mem) with EK water blocks and back-plates

Xtreme Memory Hoarder
    Sorry about the rage but when you spend 3 hours trying to get into a simple raid config menu It tends to get to you. The keyboard gets power on startup, num lock turns on well before the raid menu flashes, it works in the bios, it registers as a keyboard on post, yet Ctr I does nothing no matter what I do. Never had any issues with this keyboard before in anu BIOS. It's just a generic.

The other keyboard is a mac usb that worked fine on my RIVE. The mouse is a lohitech M570 that doesn't register no matter is it is in the 2.0, 3.0, asmedia ports.

I just don't get how with a working keyboard Ctr I does nothing on the raid screen.
    do not use the Asmedia ports use the USB ports closest to the CMOS reset switch.
    gskillllin it!

Xtreme Enthusiast
    I've tried every single Usb port. My mouse works as soon as I enter windows setup. I think there is something flawed with this 0701 BIOS, going to have to install win 7 non raid just to download another bios version.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    There is something wrong with this raid in this bios, config screen only flashes for about a half second. It would stay up for about 2 seconds on the RIVE. The funny part is I plugged in my old raid array from the RIVE and it works fine, I just cannot get in to configure the new drives.

Quote Originally Posted by Raja@ASUS View Post
    If you can tell me which BIOS version that card is using I will see if the HQ desktop teams have the card and can validate it. Will also need to know which option ROMs are enabled in UEFI (Intel RAID etc) when you are using the card.

There is a reason sever boards cost so much my friend - validation, which is what devices like these need. That's why they slip under the radar on desktop boards where their usage audience is incredibly limited.
    Raja, thanks for reply.
    I understand that P8Z77 was never qualified for compatibility with serious raid controllers (like LSI, Adaptec and Areca). But using hardware raid card with 1Gb onboard cache and fast processor is so temptating (both with SAS HDD and SSD).

LSI 9265-8i has the latest firmware available (version 23.4.1-0028 dated March 30, 2012)
    I tried disabling all add-on controllers in ASUS UEFI bios: ASMedia USB, ASMedia SATA, Marvell, Intel, Realtek LAN and Audio. That didn't help. Also I played with bios menu item which allows selection priority between UEFI and Legacy option ROM. That also didn't help.
    The systems passes post stage very quickly, not showing any sign that raid card is present (as you probably know, any raid card slows down post time significantly due to long initialization). In Windows, Device manager also doesn't show LSI card. Although AIDA64 and GPU-Z tell that Radeon 7970 is left with only 8 lanes of PCI-E. That is "invisible" LSI card occupied 8 lanes of native PCI-E (if installed in PCEx16_2 slot).
    The card itself is 100% working and checked on another system (ASUS R2E).

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Am going to change over from a CH V formlua to the Gene. Do I need to reinstall Windows...basically moving from AMD to Intel.

Xtreme Memory Hoarder
    Quote Originally Posted by mav2000 View Post
    Am going to change over from a CH V formlua to the Gene. Do I need to reinstall Windows...basically moving from AMD to Intel.
    Yes
    gskillllin it!

Xtreme Memory Hoarder
    There is something wrong with this raid in this bios, config screen only flashes for about a half second. It would stay up for about 2 seconds on the RIVE. The funny part is I plugged in my old raid array from the RIVE and it works fine, I just cannot get in to configure the new drives.
    try bios 0881
    gskillllin it!

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by mav2000 View Post
    The short answer is yes. I would save some time and tears and do a fresh windows install.

Page 5 of 30 FirstFirst ... 234567815 ... LastLast