Page 3 of 30 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast

Thread: ASUS Z77 Motherboards - Official Support Thread

Xtreme Member
    @raja

i found a bug in latest 1009 bios for ASUS P8Z77-V Deluxe

the cpu ratio range is in bios shown from 16 till 35 for my unlocked 3770K iyv cpu

but the correct string is

16 tiill 63

here 2 pics one of my bios and one of latest aida64 version

the aida64 developer tells me that is an bios bug

when i change the cpu ration higher then 35 the pc boots and windows works with the newer btw higher multi but bios shown 35 as max cpu ration which isnt right

16-63 is the correct string

can you tell HQ about this pls??

hier 2 Screens

Quote Originally Posted by Raja@ASUS View Post
    Reduce the overclock and see if it still manifests. If not, then increase Vcore and also enable PLL OV (Auto should be enable at 45X, but just in case it is not). Let me know about the maximum frequency at which this does not happen. Keep a note of how much Vcore you have tried also.
    Thanks Raja. At 4.0 It does not seem to happen. I will try to increase Vcore a little and see if that will allow me to cold boot better. Should I mess with VCCSA or CPU PLL Voltage at all?

Xtreme X.I.P.
    Quote Originally Posted by THUMPer View Post
    Thanks Raja. At 4.0 It does not seem to happen. I will try to increase Vcore a little and see if that will allow me to cold boot better. Should I mess with VCCSA or CPU PLL Voltage at all?

Vcore first, if that does not help try fiddling with PLL (higher and lower) and VCCSA (higher).

-Raja
    ASUS North America Technical Marketing - If you are based outside North America and require technical assistance or have a query please contact ASUS Support for your region.

Rampage IV Extreme tweaking guide

ASUS Z77 UEFI Tuning Guide for overclocking

Maximus 5 Gene OC Guide

Maximus VI Series UEFI OC Guide

For the P8Z77-V Deluxe:

I heard it's not possible to control fans on the CPU fan header by voltage, only PWM. Why is that the case? Are all other fan headers able to control fans by voltage regulation? Is it possible to connect a 3pin-CPU fan to a chassis fan header and let it be controlled by the CPU temperature?

Will the "Fan Xpert 2" software (which is not part of the BIOS) write its configuration into the BIOS/UEFI or do you need to run the software in background in order to make the fan configuration work?

Xtreme X.I.P.
    Quote Originally Posted by Merkor View Post
    For the P8Z77-V Deluxe:

I heard it's not possible to control fans on the CPU fan header by voltage, only PWM. Why is that the case? Are all other fan headers able to control fans by voltage regulation? Is it possible to connect a 3pin-CPU fan to a chassis fan header and let it be controlled by the CPU temperature?
    CPU fans are PWM control only. Chassis fans will control 3 pin fans based on PECI CPU temp.

Quote Originally Posted by Merkor View Post
    Will the "Fan Xpert 2" software (which is not part of the BIOS) write its configuration into the BIOS/UEFI or do you need to run the software in background in order to make the fan configuration work?
    You will need to run the software in the background as far as I am aware.
    ASUS North America Technical Marketing - If you are based outside North America and require technical assistance or have a query please contact ASUS Support for your region.

Maximus 5 Gene OC Guide

Xtreme Member
    hey raja

can you say anything about my posting above?

why no response??

Xtreme X.I.P.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fire4Wire View Post
    hey raja

can you say anything about my posting above?

why no response??

You can go through local support with stuff like this as the board is working fine so no need for me to get involved.

Maximus 5 Gene OC Guide

Xtreme Member
    but i can pls you to ge tthis info to HQ or is it while i am german??
    its not the first time you "igonore" some bug reports or postings of mine

Vcore first, if that does not help try fiddling with PLL (higher and lower) and VCCSA (higher).

-Raja
    Ok vcore was at 1.36, and it seemed ok for a couple of cold boots. But started doing it again. I'm at 1.38 set in BIOS, AI Suite shows 1.39. I will see how this goes. I can't imagine the CPU needs 1.4 Vcore at 4.5.

Xtreme X.I.P.
    Ok vcore was at 1.36, and it seemed ok for a couple of cold boots. But started doing it again. I'm at 1.38 set in BIOS, AI Suite shows 1.39. I will see how this goes. I can't imagine the CPU needs 1.4 Vcore at 4.5.

It's worth exploring all possibilities with voltages, then I'll know what to look for on our end.

-Raja

Maximus 5 Gene OC Guide

Xtreme X.I.P.
    Upated first post.

ASUS Z77 UEFI Tuning Guide for overclocking:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/l34d6j...ning_Guide.pdf

Maximus 5 Gene OC Guide

Thank you very much for the extended guide Raja.

Xtreme X.I.P.

Maximus 5 Gene OC Guide

It's worth exploring all possibilities with voltages, then I'll know what to look for on our end.

-Raja
    I put Vcore to 1.37 and PLL was 1.85. Same symptom, CPU LED stays on then shuts down. I'm keeping the VCORE at 1.37, and now I bumped the PLL to 1.90. Is 1.9 PLL too much??? I have not touched VCCSA, since I have no idea what that does.
    I have BIOS 0603. Is this too old? Should I update? 906 IMproves system stability. Does this have anything to do with me? Like I said in my original post, I had the same issue on a different board with the updated 906 BIOS.
    Last edited by THUMPer; 04-23-2012 at 09:26 AM.

Xtreme X.I.P.
    Update to the latest UEFI please. So 1.37 is the max you have used? For debugging purposes set to 1.45V and see if it still happens. Set VCCIO to 1.10V also.
    Last edited by Raja@ASUS; 04-23-2012 at 09:42 AM.

Maximus 5 Gene OC Guide

Update to the latest UEFI please. So 1.37 is the max you have used? For debugging purposes set to 1.45V and see if it still happens. Set VCCIO to 1.10V also.
    I updated the BIOS to 906. I do not see an option for VCCIO, just VCCSA.

Xtreme X.I.P.
    I updated the BIOS to 906. I do not see an option for VCCIO, just VCCSA.
    Increase SA to 1.10V and see what happens. Try BIOS 1050 also.

Maximus 5 Gene OC Guide

Xtreme X.I.P.
    Increase SA to 1.10V and see what happens. Try BIOS 1050 also.
    http://www.mediafire.com/file/qkwvrt...7_1050_BIOS.7z

Maximus 5 Gene OC Guide

Xtreme Member
    try bios 1009 and not the old stuff 1050

bios 1009 here

http://91.121.148.119/downloads/BIOS/Z77/

At this point. I don't think the BIOS will matter... It has to be an issue with the CPU
    RAJA I am at 1.45 VCORE, and 1.10 VCCSA. I still have the issue...
    Here is a video of the issue with those voltage settings. This is after turning off power supply. It seems to be happening more with those voltage settings RAJA.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iyts59Uw4qg

I have hooked up a speaker and nothing, no beeps or anything until it boots successfully. There are no overclocking failed messages or anything.

I am Xtreme
    @thumper use vdimm=1.725 volts and try

Quote Originally Posted by Hondacity View Post
    @thumper use vdimm=1.725 volts and try
    RAM voltage 1.725? That doesn't seem like a good idea. lol

I am Xtreme
    I've tried 5 kits of non-ib rams and they all needed the extra vdimm. the voltage is only for testing purposes. if it boots properly then the issue is wit your rams..

Quote Originally Posted by Hondacity View Post
    I've tried 5 kits of non-ib rams and they all needed the extra vdimm. the voltage is only for testing purposes. if it boots properly then the issue is wit your rams..
    I have a kingston kit that is 1.65. I feel more comfortable switching to those instead of the 1.5 v Mushkins and ramping those up.

Xtreme X.I.P.
    At this point. I don't think the BIOS will matter... It has to be an issue with the CPU
    RAJA I am at 1.45 VCORE, and 1.10 VCCSA. I still have the issue...
    Here is a video of the issue with those voltage settings. This is after turning off power supply. It seems to be happening more with those voltage settings RAJA.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iyts59Uw4qg

I have hooked up a speaker and nothing, no beeps or anything until it boots successfully. There are no overclocking failed messages or anything.
    Did you make it to the desktop on that run, video ended as the OS was loading. Double-BOOT from power cycle can happen after a certain point depending on some fo the UEFI parameters. Also, can you try disabling MRC Fast Boot in the DRAM timing section of UEFI.

Maximus 5 Gene OC Guide

Page 3 of 30 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast