Page 11 of 30 FirstFirst ... 89101112131421 ... LastLast

Thread: ASUS Z77 Motherboards - Official Support Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Raja@ASUS View Post
    Use only one monitoring tool at a time, as they all poll the super IO at the same time. You can also turn off AI suite from polling some of those rails to prevent the misreads if those voltages are beign read by another tool.
    As for LLC: I find 50% to be optimal from a thermal perspective. Full load voltages should be around the same (close) regardless of which LLC level you choose, while idle VID will need adjustment to ensure that the target VCC is adequate under full load. Technically, higher levels of LLC require a faster switching frequency and/or bulk capacitance to maintain overshoot and undershoot thresholds. While these are all accounted for in the levels we provide, I find myself sticking with a middle of the road approach as it is kinder to components.
    Thanks, Raja -- that's very helpful. I'm using manual mode, as my 3570k needed only 1.24 Vcc @ 4.7ghz in that mode, whereas in offset the lowest I could get was 1.27 (at 0% LLC), while also keeping the idle Vcc stable. Apparently the VID curve was a little pessimistic for this particular chip.

That experience brought up another question/suggestion -- could a BIOS have 2 offset controls: 1 for Vidle, 1 for Vload, and interpolate in-between?

Thanks again,
    David

Xtreme Enthusiast
    I only have the Deluxe here but HQ tells me: Adjust VCCSA to adjust VCCIO. VCCSA is provided by a stepdown reg off VCCIO. When VCCSA is at stock so is VCCIO. On IB VCCSA/IO adjustment does not seem to do much. I think most vendors have done this (or something a little more crude) on their lower end boards that supply IGP voltage.

-Raja
    Thanks for the reply. I got a 0xD1 Bluescreen at 4.8Ghz and more Vcore didn't help, temps were still below 80C, so I wanted to try some VTT/VCCIO.

Am I understanding you correctly that a VCCSA increase of 0.01V will also lead to a 0.01V VCCIO increase?

Xtreme X.I.P.
    Quote Originally Posted by david82282 View Post
    Thanks, Raja -- that's very helpful. I'm using manual mode, as my 3570k needed only 1.24 Vcc @ 4.7ghz in that mode, whereas in offset the lowest I could get was 1.27 (at 0% LLC), while also keeping the idle Vcc stable. Apparently the VID curve was a little pessimistic for this particular chip.

That experience brought up another question/suggestion -- could a BIOS have 2 offset controls: 1 for Vidle, 1 for Vload, and interpolate in-between?

Thanks again,
    David

Those values are Intel controlled so not much we can do about that. With some CPUs you get to a point where using too much negative offset results in the perfect load voltage but an idle voltage that is too low, that's one of the compromises. You would not be able to just create idle and load values, the hold times between load ramp states all have to be programmed (these are accounted for as part of C-states and SpeedStep)
    ASUS North America Technical Marketing - If you are based outside North America and require technical assistance or have a query please contact ASUS Support for your region.

Rampage IV Extreme tweaking guide

ASUS Z77 UEFI Tuning Guide for overclocking

Maximus 5 Gene OC Guide

Maximus VI Series UEFI OC Guide

Xtreme X.I.P.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nickel020 View Post
    Thanks for the reply. I got a 0xD1 Bluescreen at 4.8Ghz and more Vcore didn't help, temps were still below 80C, so I wanted to try some VTT/VCCIO.

Am I understanding you correctly that a VCCSA increase of 0.01V will also lead to a 0.01V VCCIO increase?
    Yes, offsetting that will affect both rails by the same value. On IB increasing this voltage seldom makes a change.
    ASUS North America Technical Marketing - If you are based outside North America and require technical assistance or have a query please contact ASUS Support for your region.

Maximus 5 Gene OC Guide

Xtreme X.I.P.
    Quote Originally Posted by banwell View Post
    Thanks for a more detailed response.

Don't get me wrong I love the product but it seems like greater resilience 'could' have be built into the AI suite to have it work nicely with other 3rd party monitoring software. I also know that we are talking about a fraction of Asus motherboard owners who actually use other software and it comes down to a cost/benefit scenario - I can understand.

Now that I am going to disable the AI Suite Probe 2 - what other settings do you suggest so the Anti Surge protection doesn't kick in? Although it seems greatly reduced as I've only have 1 in 72 hrs. Just disable it in the UEFI?

The PSU is new (1mth old) and its a corsair ax850 - so a pretty decent quality unit. It hasn't given me any issue with my last P67 system running the same CPU and GFX. Are you saying the two systems (probe ai suite and anti surge) are not linked? The poster above also had anti surge kick in too (although only once).
    Anti-surge should not kick in like this, you may disable it to test if you wish.

Maximus 5 Gene OC Guide

Xtreme X.I.P.
    Quote Originally Posted by p3gaz_001 View Post
    hi!

just got my sticks of tridentX F3-2400C10D-8GTX paired to a 3770K & Maximus V Genez77

the problem is, ram wount run @ stock settings wich are 2400mhz 10.12.12.31 2T 1.65v

each time i try mainboard gives back 33 error and loops between on & off, what is causing this?!

cpu is @ stock speed.

Thanks.
    Which UEFI (BIOS) version and which slots are you using? For a dual channel kit use A2 and B2. Use a single module to update to the latest UEFI. If the XMP profile is not stable on the latest BIOS you may have a weak IMC, in which case try using some of the looser memory presets and see if that encourages POST. If it does not, then I'd possibly peg back to DDR3-2200 or so with tighter timings (it will be faster than forcing very loose timings to get DDR3-2400 working).

Maximus 5 Gene OC Guide

Those values are Intel controlled so not much we can do about that. With some CPUs you get to a point where using too much negative offset results in the perfect load voltage but an idle voltage that is too low, that's one of the compromises. You would not be able to just create idle and load values, the hold times between load ramp states all have to be programmed (these are accounted for as part of C-states and SpeedStep)
    Thanks -- that's interesting and good info to know.

Xtreme Member
    Yes, offsetting that will affect both rails by the same value. On IB increasing this voltage seldom makes a change.
    I have a Sabertooth, and 2x4GB 30nm Samsungs. Ive been trying to get 2600Mhz stable (or at least more so then they are). The x24 multi wont post for anything, so I just skipped ahead to x26 which at leasts works. I can only get it to do Spi 1m, then it locks up after a couple minutes or when trying something more stressful. Loosening timings more, or pushing more vccsa or vdimm makes it where it wont get in to Windows.

So should I not even be adding any vccsa? Is there something else Im missing? With 4x4GB Crucial's (D9PFJs) it can do 2200Mhz 9-9-9-27 stable easy, with 1.65v or less . The 2x4GB Samsungs will do 2200Mhz 9-10-10-28 with 1.6 or less. For 2600, Ive tried up to 12-13-13-38 1.675V, with 1.1Vccsa.
    Heatware Cecil

Xtreme Member
    Which UEFI (BIOS) version and which slots are you using? For a dual channel kit use A2 and B2. Use a single module to update to the latest UEFI. If the XMP profile is not stable on the latest BIOS you may have a weak IMC, in which case try using some of the looser memory presets and see if that encourages POST. If it does not, then I'd possibly peg back to DDR3-2200 or so with tighter timings (it will be faster than forcing very loose timings to get DDR3-2400 working).
    i'm using 0703 bios ..... and B1 / B2 memory slots, the red ones. i'll try right now with your tips!
    Last edited by p3gaz_001; 05-15-2012 at 02:07 AM.

Xtreme X.I.P.
    i'm using 0703 bios ..... and A2 / B2 memrory slots ... i'll try right now with your tips!
    There are some beta builds up on Kingpincooling if you want to try those.

Maximus 5 Gene OC Guide

Xtreme X.I.P.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cecil View Post
    I have a Sabertooth, and 2x4GB 30nm Samsungs. Ive been trying to get 2600Mhz stable (or at least more so then they are). The x24 multi wont post for anything, so I just skipped ahead to x26 which at leasts works. I can only get it to do Spi 1m, then it locks up after a couple minutes or when trying something more stressful. Loosening timings more, or pushing more vccsa or vdimm makes it where it wont get in to Windows.

So should I not even be adding any vccsa? Is there something else Im missing? With 4x4GB Crucial's (D9PFJs) it can do 2200Mhz 9-9-9-27 stable easy, with 1.65v or less . The 2x4GB Samsungs will do 2200Mhz 9-10-10-28 with 1.6 or less. For 2600, Ive tried up to 12-13-13-38 1.675V, with 1.1Vccsa.
    Try keeping the same voltage delta between VCCSA and VDIMM as you increase and see if that helps at all. As for the DDR3-2400 issue, I would set most to the subs manually and see if it helps. Also see if you can get more stability with "receiver" and "transmitter" slew. I am assuming you are using the latest UEFI also.

Maximus 5 Gene OC Guide

Xtreme Member
    There are some beta builds up on Kingpincooling if you want to try those.
    i've edited my prev post,

please can you link me up to that bios pls?

Xtreme X.I.P.
    i've edited my prev post,

please can you link me up to that bios pls?
    http://kingpincooling.com/forum/show...&postcount=135

Make sure to update using EZ flash. Also make sure system is stable, use safe settings and one DIMM if need be.

Maximus 5 Gene OC Guide

Xtreme Member
    http://kingpincooling.com/forum/show...&postcount=135

Make sure to update using EZ flash. Also make sure system is stable, use safe settings and one DIMM if need be.
    i've update the bios through windows (and changed bios boot image) all went ok , the bios is very good, much better than the 0703.

BTW if found what was causing error 33 and loop on / off :

in memory preset i didn't check the "maximus tweak" i'd turned it on mode 1 and from that time i was able to run TridentX as default, and XMP profile. i didn't check that before because with samsung stick by playing on those setting was causing me serious stability problems!

well after settings here and there some settings this is what i was able to get , but it needed 1.75v ddrvoltage and some adjustments on VCCIO.

Thank you so much for your precious help, it really worked out!

Xtreme Addict
    Using Lucid Virtu MVP

Post 1 of 1

The instructions in the motherboard manual pretty much explain what needs to be done to enable Virtu MVP for use with a discrete graphics card. The monitor should be connected to the discrete graphics card. iGPU Multi-Monitor support needs to be enabled in the UEFI. If changing the default memory size for the iGPU this needs to be done before installing the Virtu MVP software. Doing so after the software is installed will break it and require the software to be uninstalled/reinstalled. It seems neither SLI nor CrossFireX are supported. I was not able to get either configuration working.

Install the latest available WHQL driver for the discrete graphics card.
    Install the latest available WHQL driver from Intel or the driver included on the motherboard disk.
    Install the latest release of Virtu MVP available from the Lucid website.

Experimentation will be needed depending on the game. Performance may be best with Virtu MVP disabled, only Hyperformance enabled or both Hyperformance and Virtual Vsync enabled. The game must be enabled in the Virtu MVP application tab’s list with both D and H selected for Virtu MVP to be activated. If overclocking the CPU additional VCORE may be necessary to maintain stability when using Virtu MVP.

P8Z77-V DELUXE
    4x8GB G.SKILL Trident X F3-2400C10D-16GTX
    ASUS GTX580 Matrix
    OCZ 256GB Vertex4
    OCZ ZX 1250W Power Supply

32GB ram at 2400MHz on the . LLC set to high, Internal PLL Overvoltage set to Disabled, VCORE Offset +0.110V, memory voltage at 1.55V, 47x CPU multiplier and 2400MHz memory speed. All other setting at default using XMP profile #2.

click for larger image

click for larger image

3D06 - Lucid disabled
    click for larger image

3D06 - Lucid Hyperformance enabled
    click for larger image

3D06 - Lucid Hyperformance and Virtual Vsync enabled
    click for larger image

3dVantage - Lucid disabled
    click for larger image

3dVantage - Lucid Hyperformance enabled
    click for larger image

3dVantage - Lucid Hyperformance and Virtual Vsync enabled
    click for larger image
    Last edited by Praz; 05-15-2012 at 05:07 PM.

Xtreme Addict
    Post 2 of 2

3d11 - Lucid disabled
    click for larger image

3d11 - Lucid Hyperformance enabled
    click for larger image

3d11 - Lucid Hyperformance and Virtual Vsync enabled
    click for larger image

Unigine Heaven - Lucid disabled
    click for larger image

Unigine Heaven - Lucid Hyperformance enabled
    click for larger image

Unigine Heaven - Lucid Hyperformance and Virtual Vsync enabled
    click for larger image

Xtreme Member

i7 3770K
    ASUS P8Z77-V Deluxe
    16GB Kingston HyperX DDR3-1600
    240GB HyperX SSD
    EVGA GTX 680 SC+
    X-Fi Fatality
    Corsair AX1200

Quote Originally Posted by theonlybabyface View Post
    Is it compatible with other Asus Z77 boards (like Deluxe)? Or maybe is it compatible with all Asus boards (P67, Z68, 990X...)?
    CPU i7 950 D0 @ 4200mhz (183*23) HT on @ vcore 1,30000v/uncore 1,32500v | Cooler Noctua NH-D14 | MoBo Asus Rampage II Extreme rev. 2.01G (X58+ICH10R) | DDRIII 3*4096mb PC3-17000 Corsair DOMINATOR GT CMT16GX3M4X2133C9 @ 1830mhz 8-9-9-24-1T @ 1.53v | Video Gigabyte Radeon HD7970 3gb reference @ 1125mhz | Raid controller LSI MegaRAID SAS 9265-8i PCI-E 2.0x8 SAS 2.0 1gb | HDD 6 x 300gb SAS 2.0 Seagate Cheetah 15K.7 ST3300657SS 15000rpm 16mb @ all in Raid0 | HDD 2000gb SATAIII Hitachi HD723020BLA642 7200rpm 64mb | Sound Creative X-Fi Titanium HD | BD-RW SATA LITE-ON iHBS212 | Case Cooler Master HAF X | PSU Enermax Platimax EPM1500EGT 1500wt | LCD ASUS PA246Q 24'' P-IPS 1920*1200 | Mouse Logitech G500 | LinX 64-bit 24 hours stable | Prime95 64-bit 24 hours stable

Xtreme Addict
    I don't have an asus board right now but I would still like to thank Raja@ASUS for his forum support

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DEFLORATOR View Post
    Is it compatible with other Asus Z77 boards (like Deluxe)? Or maybe is it compatible with all Asus boards (P67, Z68, 990X...)?
    Yup, seems to work fine.

i7 3770K
    ASUS P8Z77-V Deluxe
    16GB Kingston HyperX DDR3-1600
    240GB HyperX SSD
    EVGA GTX 680 SC+
    X-Fi Fatality
    Corsair AX1200

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by theonlybabyface View Post
    thanks, downloading right now.

Xtreme Member
    Try keeping the same voltage delta between VCCSA and VDIMM as you increase and see if that helps at all. As for the DDR3-2400 issue, I would set most to the subs manually and see if it helps. Also see if you can get more stability with "receiver" and "transmitter" slew. I am assuming you are using the latest UEFI also.
    Going to give this a try. Got two 3770Ks and it still wont post with 2400Mhz, and now 2600Mhz doesnt want to work either. Funny enough, both 3770Ks are the exact same batch.

EDIT: Used the guide in your sig for the second and third timings, no post. Tried adding a bit of VCCSA, no post. Added a bit of PLL, and got stuck in post loop.
    Last edited by Cecil; 05-17-2012 at 08:54 AM.
    Heatware Cecil

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Cecil View Post
    Going to give this a try. Got two 3770Ks and it still wont post with 2400Mhz, and now 2600Mhz doesnt want to work either. Funny enough, both 3770Ks are the exact same batch.

EDIT: Used the guide in your sig for the second and third timings, no post. Tried adding a bit of VCCSA, no post. Added a bit of PLL, and got stuck in post loop.
    i was having the same problem with 2400mhz ram, and i'd fixed it , and able to push to 2600mhz check back

Xtreme Member
    Ive tried for about the last hour to get 2400Mhz or 2600Mhz to post. Most recent attempt was,

CPU 42x100 @1.15V (only 1.1V needed)
    Memory Frequency - 2400Mhz
    Timings,
    11-13-13-33-2T
    RAS to Ras Delay 7
    Ref Cycle Time Auto
    Refresh Interval Auto
    Write Recovery Time 16
    Read to Pre Time 8
    Four Act Win Time 32
    Write to Read Delay 8
    CKE Minimum Pulse Width Auto
    CAS# Write Latency Auto
    RTL (CHA) Auto
    RTL (CHB) Auto
    IO-L (CHA) Auto
    IO-L (CHB) Auto

tWRDR (DD) 3
    tRWDR (DD) 7
    tRWSR 8
    tRR (DD) 3
    tRR (DR) 3
    tRRSR 7
    tWW (DD) 5
    tWW (DR) 5
    tWWSR 7

MRC Fast Boot Enable
    DRAM CLK Period 10
    Transmitter Slew (CHA) 5
    Transmitter Slew (CHB) 5
    Receiver Slew (CHA) 5
    Receiver Slew (CHB) 5
    MCH Duty Sense (CHA) Auto
    MCH Duty Sense (CHB) Auto
    Read Additional Swizzle Auto
    Write Additional Swizzle Auto

DRAM Current Capability 120%

VDimm 1.675V
    VCCSA 1.1V
    Auto everything else

I set everything at 2200Mhz, save and reset. Get back in BIOS to change to 2400Mhz or 2600Mhz, reboot and it takes about 6-7 seconds before the PSU clicks everything off, then fans spin, and then hangs with the red LED by the memOK button on. Have to switch off PSU and wait a bit before trying to get it to post again, and it gets to "Overclock Failed, Press F1". I started with slightly tighter timings and less voltage, and slowy loosened them and increased voltage to this point.
    Heatware Cecil

P8Z77 WS Beta Bios 0703 fixed my LSI Problem on my P8Z77 WS some days ago

Page 11 of 30 FirstFirst ... 89101112131421 ... LastLast