Xtreme Memory Hoarder
    dice?
    Quote Originally Posted by Hondacity View Post
    gskillllin it!

Xtreme X.I.P.
    Quote Originally Posted by plane501 View Post
    hi,Raja

I have a P8Z77-V Pro
    I'm wondering if my mb will have the same ram oc ability as the M5G with the coming new bios?
    I mean M5G has a lot of beta bios and some of them increase the ram oc ability or stability,i'm not asking for the 'memory presents' function,just those changes to the bios that increase the ram oc ability or stability.

The ROG boards have a different design (hardware level) and a totally different BIOS team, so if you want that last degree of performance and focus on OC, then ROG is the way to go. The channel boards are close but cannot quite do what the ROG boards can.
    Last edited by Raja@ASUS; 05-06-2012 at 10:57 PM.
    ASUS North America Technical Marketing - If you are based outside North America and require technical assistance or have a query please contact ASUS Support for your region.

Rampage IV Extreme tweaking guide

ASUS Z77 UEFI Tuning Guide for overclocking

Maximus 5 Gene OC Guide

Maximus VI Series UEFI OC Guide

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by l0ud_sil3nc3 View Post
    dice?
    Yeah sorry I was in a hurry. DICE, very short run. My Koolance does not have 1155 mounting so I went for a no hold down mount and it was bad, had to heat up and remove the pot, just used two bolts to hold it down the second time.
    I don't think the Koolance is up to the task of Ivy, looking for a new POT now.

Xtreme Member
    United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
    Quote Originally Posted by Raja@ASUS View Post
    1) Not sure on if that can be patched quickly. Depends which port the issue is on. Some of these Dell monitor hubs leak DC so they are essentially non-compliant. Whether or not that is causing issue here I am not sure.

2) Sounds like memory incompatibility. Not sure what you are using as your post is limited in details. Contact ASUS UK suppport for further assistance on that.

3) Fan header support will be limited by hardware, so this will not be a software update.

-Raja
    1) It's a pretty minor thing and it won't affect me again, I just thought I'd let you know.
    2) I'm not sure it is a memory thing, I tried 1 stick, and different DDR3 just to see if it had an effect. BIOS actually quit and the PC switched off as soon as I went to the EPU section, without saving BIOS etc. Again though I'm just reporting it to you, I don't require a fix.
    3) That's a shame. However if I find differently - in order words if I get Speedfan to change the fan speed, does that mean you'll update the software?

The ROG boards have a different design (hardware level) and a totally different BIOS team, so if you want that last degree of performance and focus on OC, then ROG is the way to go. The channel boards are close but cannot quite do what the ROG boards can.
    got it, i'm looking forward to the M5F

Thank you for your reply Raja,

The reason for my concern was with the other Sabertooth board I updated from prerelase bios(?)(number lower than website first version) to the version from the website and megaraid no longer worked in pcix 16 (4x) slot

Edit

Have tested different bios versions

70x and 80x megaraid card works in all slots

90x onwards megaraid card only works in slot pcix 16x v3 slot 1
    Last edited by jp7152; 05-07-2012 at 08:09 AM.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by lysyn123 View Post
    works with Asus P8Z77-V pro to ?
    [Core i7 4820K Ivy Bridge-E @4,7Ghz Vcore 1.28v][Asus Rampage Iv Extreme bios 4403][16Gb G-skill Ocz 2133mhz DDR3][Lian Li Pc2120 B, black Case][480Gb OCZ SSD main disk+120Gb ssd game disc][EVGA GTX Titan@900mhz Oc luft ][Os Windows 7][Telia 1000/250Mbits fiber ][24,4TB Lagring] upcoming Intel Haswell-E 8 cores/16 Threads next year Q4 2014 ?

Xtreme Addict
    Any patch notes regarding the 6950 fix?
    7820X | Asrock X299 Taichi XE | Gigabyte 1080 Ti Xtreme | 32GB Memoriez | Corsair HXi1000 | 500GB 960 Evo

Xtreme X.I.P.
    Quote Originally Posted by Halk View Post
    1) It's a pretty minor thing and it won't affect me again, I just thought I'd let you know.
    2) I'm not sure it is a memory thing, I tried 1 stick, and different DDR3 just to see if it had an effect. BIOS actually quit and the PC switched off as soon as I went to the EPU section, without saving BIOS etc. Again though I'm just reporting it to you, I don't require a fix.
    3) That's a shame. However if I find differently - in order words if I get Speedfan to change the fan speed, does that mean you'll update the software?
    1&2) Both go to UK support please, if they want to elevate it to HQ or replicate they will.

3) No, it's in hardware so you won't find that Speedfan does anything that the software does not. No need for us to keep that locked out on "purpose".

-Raja
    Last edited by Raja@ASUS; 05-07-2012 at 12:02 PM.
    ASUS North America Technical Marketing - If you are based outside North America and require technical assistance or have a query please contact ASUS Support for your region.

Maximus 5 Gene OC Guide

Xtreme X.I.P.
    Quote Originally Posted by jp7152 View Post
    Thank you for your reply Raja,

The reason for my concern was with the other Sabertooth board I updated from prerelase bios(?)(number lower than website first version) to the version from the website and megaraid no longer worked in pcix 16 (4x) slot

Edit

Have tested different bios versions

70x and 80x megaraid card works in all slots

90x onwards megaraid card only works in slot pcix 16x v3 slot 1

That will have to be reported back to HQ for replication. In the meantime stick with the UEFI build that allows you to use the card where you need it to work.

-Raja

Maximus 5 Gene OC Guide

Quote Originally Posted by lysyn123 View Post
    That didn't fix the issue with P8Z77-V Dlx + LSI 9265 Raid combination (probably it was compiled before the problem was discovered).
    Hope the next release will fix.
    CPU i7 950 D0 @ 4200mhz (183*23) HT on @ vcore 1,30000v/uncore 1,32500v | Cooler Noctua NH-D14 | MoBo Asus Rampage II Extreme rev. 2.01G (X58+ICH10R) | DDRIII 3*4096mb PC3-17000 Corsair DOMINATOR GT CMT16GX3M4X2133C9 @ 1830mhz 8-9-9-24-1T @ 1.53v | Video Gigabyte Radeon HD7970 3gb reference @ 1125mhz | Raid controller LSI MegaRAID SAS 9265-8i PCI-E 2.0x8 SAS 2.0 1gb | HDD 6 x 300gb SAS 2.0 Seagate Cheetah 15K.7 ST3300657SS 15000rpm 16mb @ all in Raid0 | HDD 2000gb SATAIII Hitachi HD723020BLA642 7200rpm 64mb | Sound Creative X-Fi Titanium HD | BD-RW SATA LITE-ON iHBS212 | Case Cooler Master HAF X | PSU Enermax Platimax EPM1500EGT 1500wt | LCD ASUS PA246Q 24'' P-IPS 1920*1200 | Mouse Logitech G500 | LinX 64-bit 24 hours stable | Prime95 64-bit 24 hours stable

Hello there folks
    I have bought this new board (P8Z77-v Pro) and am happy but for two minor/major things.

1. When I put PC to sleep it will wake up at random intervals but not long after I put it to sleep. Than it will go to sleep again and awake again and so on and so forth (scared my mom to death the other day)

2. When it awakes from sleep all the fans go crazy and than little by little they settle down to normal.

Any ideas folks?

Xtreme X.I.P.
    Quote Originally Posted by Melhisedek View Post
    Hello there folks
    I have bought this new board (P8Z77-v Pro) and am happy but for two minor/major things.

1. When I put PC to sleep it will wake up at random intervals but not long after I put it to sleep. Than it will go to sleep again and awake again and so on and so forth (scared my mom to death the other day)

2. When it awakes from sleep all the fans go crazy and than little by little they settle down to normal.

Any ideas folks?

Hi,

1) Can you compile a list of parts used (include DRAM part numbers), UEFI version used and all drivers please?

2) The fans probably ramp up to full while the OS reloads any profiles or the system senses operating temps after resume. I would not worry about this.

-Raja

Maximus 5 Gene OC Guide

Hi,

1) Can you compile a list of parts used (include DRAM part numbers), UEFI version used and all drivers please?

2) The fans probably ramp up to full while the OS reloads any profiles or the system senses operating temps after resume. I would not worry about this.

-Raja
    This is my RAM
    G.SKILL Ripjaws-X F3-12800CL9D-8GBXL
    MSI GeForce GTX 560Ti 1GB PhysX
    M4 Corsair SSD 128 GB
    Seagate Barracuda 3TB
    Corsair 750W PSU

All drivers and BIOS are the latest from the Asus site:
    http://support.asus.com/Download.asp...V+PRO&p=1&s=39

except nvidia latest betas. Not running onboard wifi and am connected by cable.

That would be all.

P.S. Do you guys experience full load fans after awakening or at startup as well? (when I first boot PC)

That will have to be reported back to HQ for replication. In the meantime stick with the UEFI build that allows you to use the card where you need it to work.

-Raja
    Thank you for your continued support. I will continue to use 8 series bios for the moment but look forward to being able to use the newer series bios as they are released with support for the RAID.

Hi from Germany,

Just to let you know: The Problem with LSI Megaraid Cards is also on the P8Z77-WS... The Board to be said which "provides complete compatibility with RAID and LAN cards.". HQ is informed - got my one back to the Dealer still using my old P5E...

Bye
    Peter

Xtreme X.I.P.
    Things that spring to mind:

1) Is the system overclocked?

2) check FW version on the SSD

3) Try without IRST drivers.

-Raja

This is my RAM
    G.SKILL Ripjaws-X F3-12800CL9D-8GBXL
    MSI GeForce GTX 560Ti 1GB PhysX
    M4 Corsair SSD 128 GB
    Seagate Barracuda 3TB
    Corsair 750W PSU

All drivers and BIOS are the latest from the Asus site:
    http://support.asus.com/Download.asp...V+PRO&p=1&s=39

except nvidia latest betas. Not running onboard wifi and am connected by cable.

That would be all.

P.S. Do you guys experience full load fans after awakening or at startup as well? (when I first boot PC)

Maximus 5 Gene OC Guide

Yeah system is overclocked but completely stable AFAIK
    M4 has the latest Firmware which would be 000F
    What are IRST drivers (please excuse me for my ignorance)

Xtreme Member
    Hello again Raja. Hope you remember my post about Crucial memory stability at 2133 a while ago.
    It turns out that it's stable with 3570K but not with 2600K at the same timings and voltage.
    Probably because Ivy has stronger IMC?

Xtreme X.I.P.
    Yeah system is overclocked but completely stable AFAIK
    M4 has the latest Firmware which would be 000F
    What are IRST drivers (please excuse me for my ignorance)
    Return the system to stock to debug this issue otherwise we could be going back and forth forever. Even when it seems stable it may not be enough for resume or sleep.

IRST is Intel Rapid Storage drivers, are you using these instead of the native Microsoft AHCI driver?

Maximus 5 Gene OC Guide

Xtreme X.I.P.
    Quote Originally Posted by theix View Post
    Hello again Raja. Hope you remember my post about Crucial memory stability at 2133 a while ago.
    It turns out that it's stable with 3570K but not with 2600K at the same timings and voltage.
    Probably because Ivy has stronger IMC?
    Yes.

Maximus 5 Gene OC Guide

Xtreme Member
    Raja@ASUS, my Q-Code reads "A0" but everything is functioning just fine. Any ides?

i7 3770K
    ASUS P8Z77-V Deluxe
    16GB Kingston HyperX DDR3-1600
    240GB HyperX SSD
    EVGA GTX 680 SC+
    X-Fi Fatality
    Corsair AX1200

Xtreme X.I.P.
    Quote Originally Posted by theonlybabyface View Post
    Raja@ASUS, my Q-Code reads "A0" but everything is functioning just fine. Any ides?
    That's fine, these newer builds display that.

Maximus 5 Gene OC Guide

Xtreme X.I.P.
    Duplicate deleted

Maximus 5 Gene OC Guide

Page 8 of 30 FirstFirst ... 56789101118 ... LastLast