Page 1 of 30 123411 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 740

Thread: ASUS Z77 Motherboards - Official Support Thread

  1. #1
    Xtreme X.I.P.
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    2,745

    ASUS Z77 Motherboards - Official Support Thread

    This is the official go to thread for all ASUS Z77 motherboard questions, UEFI updates, tips and tricks!

    Post away!



    ASUS Z77 UEFI Tuning Guide for overclocking:

    http://www.mediafire.com/file/l34d6j...ning_Guide.pdf





    Maximus 5 Gene OC Guide:

    http://www.mediafire.com/file/1p63cc...t/M5Gguide.zip


    Motherboard overview videos on Youtube:


    1. P8Z77-V Deluxe - http://youtu.be/GDqpO-S-4Xs
    2. P8Z77-I Deluxe - http://youtu.be/oC5urB5NoBU
    3. P8Z77 WS - http://youtu.be/DNUph3VxNh0
    4. Sabertooth Z77 TUF - http://youtu.be/w9t8MIlNGzc
    5. Maximus V Gene - http://youtu.be/NOq2jEwjonE
    6. GTX680 3-Way SLI on ASUS Z77 - http://youtu.be/XVCzqgkBeSE
    Last edited by Raja@ASUS; 04-26-2012 at 06:42 AM.
    ASUS North America Technical Marketing - If you are based outside North America and require technical assistance or have a query please contact ASUS Support for your region.


    Rampage IV Extreme tweaking guide

    ASUS Z77 UEFI Tuning Guide for overclocking

    Maximus 5 Gene OC Guide

    Maximus VI Series UEFI OC Guide

  2. #2
    Xtreme Addict
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    1,663
    Excellent to see this thread. My P8Z77-V PRO arrives tomorrow. This is my first foray into the Intel world in 15 years (when I was 15yo). Does the V PRO ship with the latest UEFI firmware or should I upgrade immediately after getting it in hand via usb?
    Core i7 2600K@4.6Ghz| 16GB G.Skill@2133Mhz 9-11-10-28-38 1.65v| ASUS P8Z77-V PRO | Corsair 750i PSU | ASUS GTX 980 OC | Xonar DSX | Samsung 840 Pro 128GB |A bunch of HDDs and terabytes | Oculus Rift w/ touch | ASUS 24" 144Hz G-sync monitor

    Quote Originally Posted by phelan1777 View Post
    Hail fellow warrior albeit a surat Mercenary. I Hail to you from the Clans, Ghost Bear that is (Yes freebirth we still do and shall always view mercenaries with great disdain!) I have long been an honorable warrior of the mighty Warden Clan Ghost Bear the honorable Bekker surname. I salute your tenacity to show your freebirth sibkin their ignorance!

  3. #3
    Xtreme X.I.P.
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    2,745
    Could have been an update since, so check and if the shipping build on your board is older, and if need be update to the latest:

    http://www.asus.com/Motherboards/Int..._PRO/#download


    1050 beta link for all channel ASUS Z77 models:

    http://www.mediafire.com/file/qkwvrt...7_1050_BIOS.7z
    Last edited by Raja@ASUS; 04-18-2012 at 05:32 AM.
    ASUS North America Technical Marketing - If you are based outside North America and require technical assistance or have a query please contact ASUS Support for your region.


    Rampage IV Extreme tweaking guide

    ASUS Z77 UEFI Tuning Guide for overclocking

    Maximus 5 Gene OC Guide

    Maximus VI Series UEFI OC Guide

  4. #4
    I am Xtreme FlanK3r's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Czech republic
    Posts
    6,796
    So, this BIOS is working with Saber Z77 too?
    ROG Power PCs - Intel and AMD
    CPUs:i9-7900X, i9-9900K, i7-6950X, i7-5960X, i7-8086K, i7-8700K, 4x i7-7700K, i3-7350K, 2x i7-6700K, i5-6600K, R7-2700X, 4x R5 2600X, R5 2400G, R3 1200, R7-1800X, R7-1700X, 3x AMD FX-9590, 1x AMD FX-9370, 4x AMD FX-8350,1x AMD FX-8320,1x AMD FX-8300, 2x AMD FX-6300,2x AMD FX-4300, 3x AMD FX-8150, 2x AMD FX-8120 125 and 95W, AMD X2 555 BE, AMD x4 965 BE C2 and C3, AMD X4 970 BE, AMD x4 975 BE, AMD x4 980 BE, AMD X6 1090T BE, AMD X6 1100T BE, A10-7870K, Athlon 845, Athlon 860K,AMD A10-7850K, AMD A10-6800K, A8-6600K, 2x AMD A10-5800K, AMD A10-5600K, AMD A8-3850, AMD A8-3870K, 2x AMD A64 3000+, AMD 64+ X2 4600+ EE, Intel i7-980X, Intel i7-2600K, Intel i7-3770K,2x i7-4770K, Intel i7-3930KAMD Cinebench R10 challenge AMD Cinebench R15 thread Intel Cinebench R15 thread

  5. #5
    Xtreme Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    121
    Is there any way that I can set tRC timing in Asus motherboard?
    I have a kit of Crucial RAM(Tactical Elite 4GBx2 1866 CL9) that's been tested running fine at 2133/9-9-9-27 with tRC=47 on Gigabyte Z68 M/B but wouldn't run stable on my P8Z77-v Deluxe and my previously owned P8P67 Pro.

  6. #6
    Xtreme X.I.P.
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    2,745
    Quote Originally Posted by theix View Post
    Is there any way that I can set tRC timing in Asus motherboard?
    I have a kit of Crucial RAM(Tactical Elite 4GBx2 1866 CL9) that's been tested running fine at 2133/9-9-9-27 with tRC=47 on Gigabyte Z68 M/B but wouldn't run stable on my P8Z77-v Deluxe and my previously owned P8P67 Pro.
    If you increase tRAS it will create a similar effect to having a larger tRC. tRC at the bare minimum is tRAS+tRP. If the tRC value is smaller than tRAS+tRP the IMC should auto default to a larger value. For the Z77 boards, I will ask if we can have it unlocked, but will need to check the static values first.
    Last edited by Raja@ASUS; 04-18-2012 at 10:24 AM.
    ASUS North America Technical Marketing - If you are based outside North America and require technical assistance or have a query please contact ASUS Support for your region.


    Rampage IV Extreme tweaking guide

    ASUS Z77 UEFI Tuning Guide for overclocking

    Maximus 5 Gene OC Guide

    Maximus VI Series UEFI OC Guide

  7. #7
    I am Xtreme
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    5,584
    @raja is there an m5e in the pipeline?


  8. #8
    Xtreme Addict
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Calgary, AB
    Posts
    2,252
    I sure hope so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hondacity View Post
    @raja is there an m5e in the pipeline?
    MB Reviewer for HWC
    Team OCX Bench Team

  9. #9
    Xtreme Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    121
    Quote Originally Posted by Raja@ASUS View Post
    If you increase tRAS it will create a similar effect to having a larger tRC. tRC at the bare minimum is tRAS+tRP. If the tRC value is smaller than tRAS+tRP the IMC should auto default to a larger value. For the Z77 boards, I will ask if we can have it unlocked, but will need to check the static values first.
    That's awesome! Looking forward to seeing new Firmware with adjustable tRC.
    By the way, i tried several combinations of tRAS and tRP to make tRC=47 but it's unstable or no boot.

  10. #10
    Xtreme X.I.P.
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    2,745
    Quote Originally Posted by theix View Post
    That's awesome! Looking forward to seeing new Firmware with adjustable tRC.
    By the way, i tried several combinations of tRAS and tRP to make tRC=47 but it's unstable or no boot.
    No promises, we will test first and if no gains for performance then it may not be added.
    ASUS North America Technical Marketing - If you are based outside North America and require technical assistance or have a query please contact ASUS Support for your region.


    Rampage IV Extreme tweaking guide

    ASUS Z77 UEFI Tuning Guide for overclocking

    Maximus 5 Gene OC Guide

    Maximus VI Series UEFI OC Guide

  11. #11
    Xtreme X.I.P.
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    2,745
    M5G bios

    Updates system compatibility
    Improves performance
    Improves DRAM Overclocking



    http://www.mediafire.com/file/m48dar...-ASUS-0880.rar
    ASUS North America Technical Marketing - If you are based outside North America and require technical assistance or have a query please contact ASUS Support for your region.


    Rampage IV Extreme tweaking guide

    ASUS Z77 UEFI Tuning Guide for overclocking

    Maximus 5 Gene OC Guide

    Maximus VI Series UEFI OC Guide

  12. #12
    Xtreme Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    121
    Quote Originally Posted by Raja@ASUS View Post
    No promises, we will test first and if no gains for performance then it may not be added.
    If it can run Crucial kit that I mentioned at 2133/9-9-9 like on Gigabyte M/B can then it's definitely performance and reputation gain.
    Last edited by theix; 04-19-2012 at 03:37 AM.

  13. #13
    Xtreme X.I.P.
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    2,745
    Quote Originally Posted by theix View Post
    If it can run Crucial kit that I mentioned at 2133/9-9-9 like on Gigabyte M/B can then it's definitely performance and reputation gain.
    Not neccesarily, because every time a row needs to be closed (page miss) the IMC will have to wait 47 clocks - (tRAS+tRP) before the next row can be latched. On every page miss, it is like adding X number of clocks to tRCD before CAS
    Last edited by Raja@ASUS; 04-19-2012 at 03:54 AM.
    ASUS North America Technical Marketing - If you are based outside North America and require technical assistance or have a query please contact ASUS Support for your region.


    Rampage IV Extreme tweaking guide

    ASUS Z77 UEFI Tuning Guide for overclocking

    Maximus 5 Gene OC Guide

    Maximus VI Series UEFI OC Guide

  14. #14
    Xtreme Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    121
    Quote Originally Posted by Raja@ASUS View Post
    Not neccesarily, because every time a row needs to be closed (page miss) the IMC will have to wait 47 clocks before the next row can be latched.
    What I meant was Gig M/B can run it 2133/9-9-9 with tRC adjusted to 47 while Asus can't do it at all "probably" because tRC adjustment is not available on Asus M/B.
    I think it's better to have that option available to make the M/B less "picky" with RAMs.

    Just my thought tho. I've seen people reported running it on MIVE just fine.

  15. #15
    Xtreme X.I.P.
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    2,745
    Quote Originally Posted by theix View Post
    What I meant was Gig M/B can run it 2133/9-9-9 with tRC adjusted to 47 while Asus can't do it at all "probably" because tRC adjustment is not available on Asus M/B.
    I think it's better to have that option available to make the M/B less "picky" with RAMs.

    Just my thought tho. I've seen people reported running it on MIVE just fine.

    I understand what you are saying, but there is not always value in having timings adjusted so far even from a raw performance perspective. It depends what you deem valuable. It may not be tRC that is causing the instability anyways, so that is why I said we will check first and it is also likely why it may have been left out due to not adding anything. If the margin between needing a high tRC versus a slightly lower clock frequency are not large enough, the additional delay to tRC is of no real benefit.
    Last edited by Raja@ASUS; 04-19-2012 at 04:02 AM.
    ASUS North America Technical Marketing - If you are based outside North America and require technical assistance or have a query please contact ASUS Support for your region.


    Rampage IV Extreme tweaking guide

    ASUS Z77 UEFI Tuning Guide for overclocking

    Maximus 5 Gene OC Guide

    Maximus VI Series UEFI OC Guide

  16. #16
    Xtreme Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    121
    Quote Originally Posted by Raja@ASUS View Post
    I understand what you are saying, but there is not always value in having timings adjusted so far even from a raw performance perspective. It depends what you deem valuable. It may not be tRC that is causing the instability anyways, so that is why I said we will check first and it is also likely why it may have been left out due to not adding anything. If the margin between needing a high tRC versus a slightly lower clock frequency are not large enough, the additional delay to tRC is of no real benefit.
    Okay, let's see what you find about instability with this Crucial kit. The Part Number is BLE2KIT4G3D1869DE1TX0.

  17. #17
    Xtreme X.I.P.
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    2,745
    Quote Originally Posted by theix View Post
    Okay, let's see what you find about instability with this Crucial kit. The Part Number is BLE2KIT4G3D1869DE1TX0.
    Will test with the kits I have here from Crucial, GSkill, Corsair etc. If no change, or the change is too small then no point.
    ASUS North America Technical Marketing - If you are based outside North America and require technical assistance or have a query please contact ASUS Support for your region.


    Rampage IV Extreme tweaking guide

    ASUS Z77 UEFI Tuning Guide for overclocking

    Maximus 5 Gene OC Guide

    Maximus VI Series UEFI OC Guide

  18. #18
    Xtreme Legend
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Cambridge, NY
    Posts
    1,933
    Quote Originally Posted by Raja@ASUS View Post
    M5G bios

    Updates system compatibility
    Improves performance
    Improves DRAM Overclocking



    http://www.mediafire.com/file/m48dar...-ASUS-0880.rar
    Just in time

    Recieved M5G last night along with much talked about Samsung ram to test along with GTX2 and 2200Mhz Adata. Just awaiting Ivy Bridge release to begin testing and ease back into the benching game

    Randi

  19. #19
    Xtreme X.I.P.
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    2,745
    Cool, look forward to your results
    ASUS North America Technical Marketing - If you are based outside North America and require technical assistance or have a query please contact ASUS Support for your region.


    Rampage IV Extreme tweaking guide

    ASUS Z77 UEFI Tuning Guide for overclocking

    Maximus 5 Gene OC Guide

    Maximus VI Series UEFI OC Guide

  20. #20
    Xtreme Addict
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    1,233
    Just ordered a P8Z77-M Pro, hope ill be happy
    BTTB - Gigabyte Z87X-OC - WCed I7 4770k - 2x8gb Ballistix 1600mhz - Zotac GTX 780
    Asus Xonar Pheobus - OS -> Toshiba Q 256gb - Games -> 2x Agility 4 256gb Raid0
    Corsair HX850 - Tecnofront HWD BenchTable - Asus VE278Q 5760x1080

    Serveur - Asus Z77m PRO - 2500K - NH-C12P - 4x4gb G.Skill Ares 1600mhz
    Agility 4 128gb - Corsair CX430M - 1TB Black - 2TB green - 2TB Red

    KatPat - Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3 - FX-8320 - PH-TC14CS - 2x4gb Viper 1600mhz - GTS 450
    Samsung Evo 120gb - Corsair HX750 - Bitfenix Survivor White - Asus VE247H

  21. #21
    Xtreme Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Alberta Canada
    Posts
    288
    My toys...
    Asus X79 Deluxe | i7 4820K | Koolance CPU-380I w/Triple Rad/Swiftech Pump | RipjawsX 16GB 1866MHz | eVGA GTX 780 TRI-SLI | X-Fi Surround 5.1 Pro USB | Intel 530 120GB *2 RAID 0, Intel 510 250GB, Samsung 840 Pro 120GB, Samsung 840 500GB, Kingston V300 240GB | Corsair AX1200i | In Win D-Frame Orange | Win 8.1 Pro 64
    Asus Sabertooth Z77 | i7 3770K | NH-C12P SE14 | Vengeance 32GB LP | eVGA GT 240 | X-Fi Titanium Fatality | LSI SAS 9211-4i | Intel 330 120GB, Seagate 500GB *2, Samsung 200GB, WD 320GB *4 RAID 10, 500GB, Raptor 74GB | Antec TPQ-1200W | Corsair 650D | Win 8.1 Pro 64
    Asus Sabertooth P67 | i7 2600K | NH-U12P SE2 | Vengeance Pro 16GB 1866MHz | eVGA GTX 680 | Sound via HDMI | Intel 330 60GB, Samsung 840 Pro 120GB, WD VRaptor 300GB, 150GB *2 | Antec HCG-750W | Lian Li PC-60FNWB | Win 8.1 Pro 64
    Asus P8H77-M/CSM | i3 3220 | Shuriken | Vengeance 16GB LP | eVGA GT 610 | Sound Blaster Play | Hauppauge WinTV-HVR-1600 & HD PVR | Asus PCE-AC66 | Kingston V100 128GB, WD 1GB, 500GB, Seagate 2TB | Enermax Liberty 500W | Fractal Design Core 1000 | Win 8 Pro 64 w/Media Center
    Asus P8H77-M/CSM | i3 3220T | Hyper 212 Evo | Vengeance 8GB | eVGA 210 | Hauppauge WinTV-PVR-250 | Intel 330 60GB, WD 750GB, 250GB | Enermax Liberty 500W | Antec 300 | Win 7 Premium 32

    Axial SCX10 2012 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon Modified

  22. #22
    Xtreme Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Mars
    Posts
    425
    hello,

    i had a blue screen under windows after 5 mins of 5ghz stress test. since then i cannot overclock, even after clearing CMOS, i tried to roll back bios to previous version (801).
    no effect... my system is working fine it's just that it does not take any mutliplier modification into acount anymore.
    just as if my cpu wasn't a K anymore...
    (Z77 sabertooth + 2700k)
    i'll try your new bios and keep you posted
    Core i7 2700k@4,8ghz HT off- 1.41v / Gainward GTX580 GooD 850/1700/2200 / 2X4Gb G.Skill Ares 1833C9 / Z77 Sabertooth / Crucial M4 64 Gb / WD 320Gb and 640GB / Corsair H80 / Corsair 620 HX

  23. #23
    Xtreme Memory Hoarder
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    2,601
    having post code 55 come up a lot when loading tight preset memory profiles on the M5G with sb, any ideas?

    on the latest bios 0880.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hondacity View Post
    gskillllin it!

  24. #24
    Xtreme X.I.P.
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    2,745
    Quote Originally Posted by l0ud_sil3nc3 View Post
    having post code 55 come up a lot when loading tight preset memory profiles on the M5G with sb, any ideas?

    on the latest bios 0880.

    Means the IMC is probably topping out with the DRAM timings you are using. Use looser DRAM timings. Start off with Latency Boundary set to 14 and work down. If you get "55" at Latency Boundary 14 the IMC is tapped, though you might get around it with CAS, tRCD and VDIMM.
    Last edited by Raja@ASUS; 04-19-2012 at 12:07 PM.
    ASUS North America Technical Marketing - If you are based outside North America and require technical assistance or have a query please contact ASUS Support for your region.


    Rampage IV Extreme tweaking guide

    ASUS Z77 UEFI Tuning Guide for overclocking

    Maximus 5 Gene OC Guide

    Maximus VI Series UEFI OC Guide

  25. #25
    Xtreme Memory Hoarder
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    2,601
    Quote Originally Posted by Raja@ASUS View Post
    Means the IMC is probably topping out with the DRAM timings you are using. Use looser DRAM timings. Start off with Latency Boundary set to 14 and work down. If you get "55" at Latency Boundary 14 the IMC is tapped, though you might get around it with CAS, tRCD and VDIMM.
    Shouldn't known stable P67/Z68 timings be similar to Z77?

    Latency Boundry is all ready at 14, I got it to work by loading the loose PSC profile and keying in the tighter primary timings I was looking for, and viola boot, I think it has to do with auto setting secondary or tertiary timings a bit to tight when loading the preset memory profiles.

    however I did have to loosen my timings on PSC to 7-11-7-27-1T to get them to boot/bench stable.

    6-9-6-20 on BBSE is not happening and unfortunately no hypers to test on this platform with sb cpu atm, but not expecting miracles.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hondacity View Post
    gskillllin it!

Page 1 of 30 123411 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •