I don't think the Koolance is up to the task of Ivy, looking for a new POT now.
2) I'm not sure it is a memory thing, I tried 1 stick, and different DDR3 just to see if it had an effect. BIOS actually quit and the PC switched off as soon as I went to the EPU section, without saving BIOS etc. Again though I'm just reporting it to you, I don't require a fix.
3) That's a shame. However if I find differently - in order words if I get Speedfan to change the fan speed, does that mean you'll update the software?
Thank you for your reply Raja,
The reason for my concern was with the other Sabertooth board I updated from prerelase bios(?)(number lower than website first version) to the version from the website and megaraid no longer worked in pcix 16 (4x) slot
Have tested different bios versions
70x and 80x megaraid card works in all slots
90x onwards megaraid card only works in slot pcix 16x v3 slot 1
Last edited by jp7152; 05-07-2012 at 08:09 AM.
Any patch notes regarding the 6950 fix?
Intel i7 3770K 4.4Ghz
Asus P8Z77-V Pro
XFX HD 6950 --> 6970 Flashed
8GB Gskill DDR3-2133
Sound Blaster Z
2X Crucial C300 RAID0
CPU i7 950 D0 @ 4200mhz (183*23) HT on @ vcore 1,30000v/uncore 1,32500v | Cooler Noctua NH-D14 | MoBo Asus Rampage II Extreme rev. 2.01G (X58+ICH10R) | DDRIII 3*4096mb PC3-17000 Corsair DOMINATOR GT CMT16GX3M4X2133C9 @ 1830mhz 8-9-9-24-1T @ 1.53v | Video Gigabyte Radeon HD7970 3gb reference @ 1125mhz | Raid controller LSI MegaRAID SAS 9265-8i PCI-E 2.0x8 SAS 2.0 1gb | HDD 6 x 300gb SAS 2.0 Seagate Cheetah 15K.7 ST3300657SS 15000rpm 16mb @ all in Raid0 | HDD 2000gb SATAIII Hitachi HD723020BLA642 7200rpm 64mb | Sound Creative X-Fi Titanium HD | BD-RW SATA LITE-ON iHBS212 | Case Cooler Master HAF X | PSU Enermax Platimax EPM1500EGT 1500wt | LCD ASUS PA246Q 24'' P-IPS 1920*1200 | Mouse Logitech G500 | LinX 64-bit 24 hours stable | Prime95 64-bit 24 hours stable
Hello there folks
I have bought this new board (P8Z77-v Pro) and am happy but for two minor/major things.
1. When I put PC to sleep it will wake up at random intervals but not long after I put it to sleep. Than it will go to sleep again and awake again and so on and so forth (scared my mom to death the other day)
2. When it awakes from sleep all the fans go crazy and than little by little they settle down to normal.
Any ideas folks?
1) Can you compile a list of parts used (include DRAM part numbers), UEFI version used and all drivers please?
2) The fans probably ramp up to full while the OS reloads any profiles or the system senses operating temps after resume. I would not worry about this.
G.SKILL Ripjaws-X F3-12800CL9D-8GBXL
MSI GeForce GTX 560Ti 1GB PhysX
M4 Corsair SSD 128 GB
Seagate Barracuda 3TB
Corsair 750W PSU
All drivers and BIOS are the latest from the Asus site:
except nvidia latest betas. Not running onboard wifi and am connected by cable.
That would be all.
P.S. Do you guys experience full load fans after awakening or at startup as well? (when I first boot PC)
Hi from Germany,
Just to let you know: The Problem with LSI Megaraid Cards is also on the P8Z77-WS... The Board to be said which "provides complete compatibility with RAID and LAN cards.". HQ is informed - got my one back to the Dealer still using my old P5E...
Yeah system is overclocked but completely stable AFAIK
M4 has the latest Firmware which would be 000F
What are IRST drivers (please excuse me for my ignorance)
Hello again Raja. Hope you remember my post about Crucial memory stability at 2133 a while ago.
It turns out that it's stable with 3570K but not with 2600K at the same timings and voltage.
Probably because Ivy has stronger IMC?
IRST is Intel Rapid Storage drivers, are you using these instead of the native Microsoft AHCI driver?
Raja@ASUS, my Q-Code reads "A0" but everything is functioning just fine. Any ides?
ASUS P8Z77-V Deluxe
16GB Kingston HyperX DDR3-1600
240GB HyperX SSD
EVGA GTX 680 SC+