Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Swiftech® introduces new Lok-Seal™ brand of compression fittings

Mr Swiftech

Swiftech® introduces new Lok-Seal™ brand of compression fittings

We are proud to announce the release of our new line of fittings marketed under the Lok-Seal™ brand. The product line is quite comprehensive and comprises compression fittings offered in the most popular sizes, various adapters such as elbows, adjustable SLI/Crossfire connectors, extensions and manifolds. The different models are available in two colors, black and chrome.

The primary design concern of the product line was safety and all the fittings feature a combination of hex nuts and finger grips, so that users can use standard tools to safely Lock their fittings in place for a durable Seal, thus the brand: Lok-Seal. “These fittings are the fruit of a long and careful reflection about the issue of safety versus cosmetics in liquid cooled computers, and we are emphasizing safety not only by design, but thru user education by publishing a precise how-to guide on each product page. Being a performance oriented company, you wil not be surprised that we claimed these fittings to be “perhaps the least restrictive fittings on the market” in a white paper published on the opportunity of this launch. Pricing is also set competitively with other offerings on the market.

Product Page Link
    White Paper Link
    CEO Swiftech

frootl00ps
    Monsoon vs these hmmm

Xtreme Mentor
    Nice! Looks like we need a fittings review Skinnee and Martin.
    CPUID http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=484051
    http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=484051
    http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=554982
    New DO Stepping http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=555012
    4.8Ghz - http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=794165

Desk Build
    FX8120 @ 4.6Ghz 24/7 / Asus Crosshair V /HD7970/ 8Gb (4x2Gb) Gskill 2133Mhz / Intel 320 160Gb OS Drive, WD 256GB Game Storage

W/C System
    (CPU) Swiftech HD (GPU) EK HD7970 with backplate (RAM) MIPS Ram block (Rad/Pump) 3 x Thermochill 120.3 triple rads and Dual MCP355's with Heatkiller dual top and Cyberdruid Prism res / B*P/Koolance Compression Fittings and Quick Disconnects.

Xtreme Member
    Looks like we have a contender. They look pretty nice.

Intel Core i7-2600K---> Koolance 370
    3 X EVGA 480 GTX SC's Watercooled--> Koolance VID-NX480 blocks, HWLabs GTX 480, Liang D5 Vario
    Koolance RP-45X2 Reservoir
    Corsair Obsidian 800D
    Gigabyte GA-Z68X-UD7-B3 MB
    SILVERSTONE ST1500 1500W PSU
    16G CORSAIR DOMINATOR-GT (4 x 4GB) PC3 12800
    2 X Kingston HyperX SH100S3B/120G SATA 3 in RAID 0
    1 X WD Caviar Black 1TB
    Dell 3007 WFP-HC
    Z-5500's
    Windows 7 64bit

Xtreme Member
    Bitspower watch out!
    Pretty nice work!
    But my favorit, still carbon black bitspower
    INTEL CORE i5-2500K/ASUS Z68 MAXIMUS IV GENE-Z/G-SKILL SNIPER LV 8GB DDR1600 Dual/POWERCOLOR 6970 LCS (1000/6000)/COOLERMASTER COSMOS S 1100/THERMALTAKE TP 750W
    WC:CPU:XSPC RAYSTORM/VGA:EK FULLCOVER 6970/RAD:WATERCOOL MORA 3 PR0 9X120/PUMP:2XLIANG DDC 1T(DIYHINK)+EK DUAL DDC TOP V2/RES:EK MULTIOPTION X-RES 250 ADV/AC AQUAERO 5XT+WB+4 IN LINE T.SENS+FLOWMETER/FIT:ENZOTECH 13/19 BLACK/XSPC 13/19 WHITE TUBE/9X ARCTIC COOLING F12 PWM

Xtreme Member

I like products backed up by white paper / reflection / explenations.
    I wish they will not be too expensive (like the ridiculous bitspower or koolance prices).

Xtreme Member
    They need to include a quality set of nylon pliers with some of these things. Just the tiniest bit of metal not on the rag will easily scratch the finish on my Koolance fittings.

Mr Swiftech
    Quote Originally Posted by Utnorris View Post
    Nice! Looks like we need a fittings review Skinnee and Martin.
    Why don't you write one ?

Quote Originally Posted by Makymaco View Post

I like products backed up by white paper / reflection / explenations.
    I wish they will not be too expensive (like the ridiculous bitspower or koolance prices).
    You missed page 9 of 9 :-) Prices are in line with competition, neither the highest, nor the lowest. The general price levels reflect the relatively low volume these are made in, we are talking about a few thousand pieces per model, compared to the world of plumbing where fittings are made by the the millions. Economies of scale cannot be ignored.

Quote Originally Posted by squick3n View Post
    They need to include a quality set of nylon pliers with some of these things. Just the tiniest bit of metal not on the rag will easily scratch the finish on my Koolance fittings.
    No, this is precisely what we are avoiding with our design allowing people to use standard tools. The Hex nut and the flats on the collars keep your fittings in much better shape.
    CEO Swiftech

Xtreme Member
    For the most part the Koolance fittings are very hand-tighten and tool friendly. It's the odd spot where it's tough to reach that I have the issue. I'll read the white paper, but I will lazily wish there was an official Youtube video

Mr Swiftech
    I completely concur with the need. Been asking Stephen to buy us or recommend a good video cam, he knows about this stuff, but he's been wrapped up in other things.. hey Steph, if you read this, reminder ;-)
    CEO Swiftech

Xtreme Member
    I'm in between cleaning up my loop, reading your white paper, and nodding my head at the idea that permanent markers are a necessary tool for black fittings. I might grab a couple of your adapter fittings and see how they hold up before going all in. But it is definitely and enlightening read. I too laugh and the colored o-rings included with some of the things on the market

Mr Swiftech
    Thank you One reader is enough to validate the work!
    CEO Swiftech

Xtreme Mentor
    I tell you what Gabe, send me some fittings and I will. I have the BP black, Koolance gunmetal and Monsoon already, so yours would round out the comparison.

Desk Build
    FX8120 @ 4.6Ghz 24/7 / Asus Crosshair V /HD7970/ 8Gb (4x2Gb) Gskill 2133Mhz / Intel 320 160Gb OS Drive, WD 256GB Game Storage

W/C System
    (CPU) Swiftech HD (GPU) EK HD7970 with backplate (RAM) MIPS Ram block (Rad/Pump) 3 x Thermochill 120.3 triple rads and Dual MCP355's with Heatkiller dual top and Cyberdruid Prism res / B*P/Koolance Compression Fittings and Quick Disconnects.

Mr Swiftech
    Just email gabe@swiftech.com :-)
    CEO Swiftech

Xtreme Addict
    That white paper was an excellent touch, and one I found myself agreeing with entirely. If I weren't moving to all hard lines, I know what I would be ordering to replace this whole cup of peeling, stripped fittings. I got some fittings here you wouldn't believe unless you saw them.

That said, if you come up with a fitting that takes a 1/2" OD pipe like the BP Crystal Links, you will find someone waiting outside your door to purchase them.

As an aside, why aren't we using stainless steel fittings? 316 is dirt cheap (I'm buying 316 polished tubing for less than Tygon) and damn close to inert. Seems an unnecessary risk to use brass at that point.

the question is it will be available in Europe ( France ? )...since its harder & harder to find swifty goods here...like swifty pump ( out of stock for few months already )
    new setup soon

Xtreme Enthusiast
    I agree that the hex shape on your fittings should help novice builders but at the same time, why don't you just get around to selling a boa-constrictor fastening device branded "Swiftech"?

Since acquiring a boa, compression fittings have been really easy to fasten (without stripping)

Xtreme Enthusiast
    No 7/16 ....

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2

Xtreme Member
    any ideas on price of the angles and rotary?
    I'm using monsoons right now, but I have a dire need of angled fittings

Xtreme Member
    I'm a little confused on the O-ring. Seems with my fittings, the only brand that doesn't have the O-ring showing is Koolance. The whitepaper describes this as a flaw, or at least not up to the standards of other industries. I don't own any of Swiftech's fittings, but just looking at the barbs, it seems they don't have a captive groove for the o-ring to fit.

The DD fatboys I have are kind of strange. They have a captive groove, but an over sized o-ring. So when tightened, that groove seems to cut in to the o-ring
    Last edited by squick3n; 04-15-2012 at 03:26 PM.

Mr Swiftech
    Quote Originally Posted by Kayin View Post
    That white paper was an excellent touch, and one I found myself agreeing with entirely. If I weren't moving to all hard lines, I know what I would be ordering to replace this whole cup of peeling, stripped fittings. I got some fittings here you wouldn't believe unless you saw them.

That said, if you come up with a fitting that takes a 1/2" OD pipe like the BP Crystal Links, you will find someone waiting outside your door to purchase them.

As an aside, why aren't we using stainless steel fittings? 316 is dirt cheap (I'm buying 316 polished tubing for less than Tygon) and damn close to inert. Seems an unnecessary risk to use brass at that point.
    1/2" OD: you mean like this ? ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by zEpLm View Post
    the question is it will be available in Europe ( France ? )...since its harder & harder to find swifty goods here...like swifty pump ( out of stock for few months already )
    bacata has a large shipment of pumps on the way. the shipment for fittings is being prepared :-)

Quote Originally Posted by antiacid View Post
    I agree that the hex shape on your fittings should help novice builders but at the same time, why don't you just get around to selling a boa-constrictor fastening device branded "Swiftech"?

Since acquiring a boa, compression fittings have been really easy to fasten (without stripping)
    I wouldn't restrict the usefulness of the hex nut to novice builders. I don't coinsider myself a novice builder, and use is night and day.

Also, why get a special tool when one can use the ubiquitous adjustable range?

A boa type will work (if you say so.. I 've never used it myself except for plumbing apps, and found it rather cumbersome to use, .. in plumbing..)

Quote Originally Posted by quattro_ View Post
    No 7/16 ....

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2
    Not yet; hey 11 fittings (x 2 for 2 colors = 22 part numbers) released in one shot is a major endeavour .. Give us time to catch our breath..

Quote Originally Posted by crazyg0od33 View Post
    any ideas on price of the angles and rotary?
    I'm using monsoons right now, but I have a dire need of angled fittings
    listed on the product pages, and summarized last page of the white paper.

Quote Originally Posted by squick3n View Post
    I'm a little confused on the O-ring. Seems with my fittings, the only brand that doesn't have the O-ring showing is Koolance. The whitepaper describes this as a flaw, or at least not up to the standards of other industries. I don't own any of Swiftech's fittings, but just looking at the barbs, it seems they don't have a captive groove for the o-ring to fit.

The DD fatboys I have are kind of strange. They have a captive groove, but an over sized o-ring. So when tightened, that groove seems to cut in to the o-ring
    "the only brand that doesn't have the O-ring showing is Koolance. The whitepaper describes this as a flaw"

about the above sentence: you misunderstod. I say exactly the opposite - Read again!

about fat-boys: I dodn't know this fitting in particular, but yes, as you decribe it this would be a consequence of using an oversized o-ring (or too small a groove). Not really the way its supposed to work :-(
    CEO Swiftech

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gabe View Post
    about the above sentence: you misunderstod. I say exactly the opposite - Read again!
    I worded that poorly. Of the brands that I own, the only one doing it properly is Koolance. Their o-ring is captive and is properly sized for its groove. It is not visible when hand-tightened or tool tightened. All other brands I own, even tool tightened, the o-ring is still visible.

But the flaw with the Koolance is that it's impossible to tighten the fittings w/o eventually scratching the finish. I've used the strap wrench on them and really didn't get any torque I couldn't get when using my hands.

Xtreme Mentor
    I have all types of fittings and the O-rings are not visible. Granted, if I used an O-ring that did not come with it then the possibility of an issue could arise. I also never had an issue with a fitting scratching the surface, regardless of brand. It sounds like you are over tightening the fittings. Most fittings only need to be hand tightened, so the use of tools is unnecessary, however, using a tool to twist it a little further after hand tightening shouldn't hurt, I just think it's unnecessary. By the way, I have Koolance, BP, Enzotech, Monsoon, EK, Swiftech, Promochill and Danger Den fittings, from barbs to compression fittings.

Desk Build

W/C System

frootl00ps
    do you know if NCIX is getting stock?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast