Thread: Need help

Need help

Need to find a compressor to fit inside my Corsair 800D. I have been imagining a condenser mounted inside the top of my case with the lineset hiding behind the drive bays and a horizontaly mounted rotary in the bottom of my case. I currently have a the drive bays ripped out of the bottom with a dual 120mm rad mounted down there with a triple 120mm rad mounted up top. Can someone help me find a compressor to fit inside? If only Aspen compressors were closer to the $200 range Imagine making a triple cascade with Aspen Compressors and having it all fit inside your case!

My size restrictions are 4.75" height, 7.5" deep, and about 15" wide. I've seen some horizontally mounted scrolls, but I wonder if a small scroll that's intended to mount vertically can run horizontally. Do you think something like this can be mounted horizontally? http://surpluscityliquidators.com/vi..._HP_COMPRESSOR or http://surpluscityliquidators.com/vi..._HP_COMPRESSOR?
    I wouldn't think i would have to worry to much about oil as long as the suction port is at the top of the compressor right?

I've been searching to find the perfect sized rotary for a long time.

Xtreme Member
    I don't think a vertically designed compressor will last running horizontally. The oil level will not be correct if horizontal.

Kevin

so no one can give me anything?

-150c Club Member
    Should be able to fit one of the TF3.5CLX's I like so much?

If you have a cooling question or concern feel free to contact me.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by n00b 0f l337 View Post
    Should be able to fit one of the TF3.5CLX's I like so much?
    That one is 6.81 inches high... so no go.

I think your best option is to take out the drive bays in the front and a part of the metal divider plate, so you can fit a bigger compressor.