Thread: Creative SB Recon3D Fatality Champion. Curse or blessing?

Xtreme Member

Creative SB Recon3D Fatality Champion. Curse or blessing?

The ASUS Xonar DX are for sale, one flaw in the otherwise perfect system...

It had to combine Line-in with SPDIF out so recording when using the surroundreceiver didnīt work.

Soundblaster with I/O-panel give a lot of options and the latest Core3D line even Windows 7 support, whatever Creative define support as.

Either brand fight over highest SNR ratio but Iīm concerned about Soundblaster functionality.

I couldnīt find tests and reviews on the new models with Google, maybe anyone here have experince or do all of you blacklist Soundblaster?

Xtreme Member
    It works well so far!

Ordered the audio card 2 days ago and installed it one hour ago.
    When listening to analog input remember to check "stereomix to digital out".
    Iīm using SPDIF to the receiver because SONY STR-DH520 missing multichannel analog input.

Xtreme Member
    The latest Creative cards are worse than the older cards, just incredible. Here is one review:

http://www.hardocp.com/article/2012/..._card_review/1
    Asus Z87 Deluxe, 4770K,Noctua NH-D14, Crucial 16 GB DDR3-1600, Geforce Titan, ASUS DRW-24B3ST, Crucial M500 960GB, Crucial M4 256GB, 3 X Seagate 4TB, Lamptron FC5 V2 Fancontroller, Noctua Casefans, Antec P183 Black, Asus Essence STX, Corsair AX860i, Corsair SP2500 speakers, Logitech Illuminated Keyboard, Win7 Home Pro 64 bit + Win 8.1 Home 64 bit Dual boot, ASUS VG278H

Xtreme Member
    Thanks nossy23, missed that review.

Xtreme Addict
    sorry its in italian.... but...

-5 day

xtreme energy
    If creative you might want to consider X-Fi Titanium HD

WCG Cruncher
    I bought the basic Recon3D on Amazon today for $66 new. All I need from it is good sounding 5.1 in games on a Win7 machine. Based on reviews and user reviews it can do that. If it does only that I will be satisfied.

Distributed Computing: Making the world a better place, one work-unit at a time.

http://www.worldcommunitygrid.org/index.jsp

WCG Cruncher
    Got it today. Easy win 7 install. Less junk software than previous creative installs. Decent software with a good range of audio adjustments. 5.1 in Skyrim and Battlefield 3 sounds excellent. Comparable or better than my pci x-fi gamer (that I had to ditch with a mobo upgrade), and much better than onboard realtek alc889. Music sounds good enough for me, something to listen to while I surf. For $66 I'm happy.

Distributed Computing: Making the world a better place, one work-unit at a time.

WCG Cruncher
    Pretty good simulated surround through HD 555's. I like the adjustment software that came with the x-fi better. Excellent 5.1 though Logitech z5300. For 1/2 the price of the x-fi I'll take it.