Thread: I started with an Xti 6 years ago, I just purchased this

Xtreme Addict

I started with an Xti 6 years ago, I just purchased this

I've been waiting for this camera since the Mark II came out, I was a poor college student then. But I love the improvements they put in this one.

Core
    Core i7 920
    eVGA X58 LE SLi
    2x3GB Mushkin DDR3-1600
    BFG 8800GT OC
    Seagate 7200.12 1TB + Maxtor 320GB
    LianLi A05B

Cooling (all internal)
    2x BI GTS 360
    2x DDC3.2 + Ek top
    EK Supreme LT

Xtremeish
    Oh you sly dog!

Congratz with the awesome camera, now show us what it can do!
    Aber ja, naturlich Hans nass ist, er steht unter einem Wasserfall - James May
    Hardware: Gigabyte GA-Z87M-D3H, Intel i5 4670k @ 4GHz, Crucial DDR3 BallistiX, Asus GTX 770 DirectCU II, Corsair HX 650W, Samsung 830 256GB, Silverstone Precision -|- Cooling: Noctua NH-C12P SE14

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Awesome, make sure you post all the pretty pictures you take with it :P

Xtreme Cruncher
    Wow I was waiting for it, but it is too expensive for me so I got the 7D
    Incoming new computer after 5 long years

YOU want to FIGHT CANCER OR AIDS join us at WCG and help to have a better FUTURE

I am Xtreme
    i truly, dearly, and whole heartily miss my Mark II.
    i hated selling it but i needed the money more than one of the most awesome prosumer cameras on the planet.

no matter what you see, hear or read, never sell the girl until the world can prove that there is something better.
    to this day i would GLADLY take a 5D Mark I, yes the 5D Classic over just about any camera i have tried, so you know the Mark II had atleast another 10 yrs of life left in it.

the truth is, i know guys who can make some beautiful music with old girls like the Canon XT let alone a full frame monster such as the Mark II
    Look at Weevil, he was ready to upgrade his old XT or XTi until he started shooting raw a year ago and he was in heaven.

if you dont do it much, switch to RAW+JPEG and use your RAW's as your main post processing file, the Mark II has SOOOO much in it, its insane.
    especially when enlarging the raw file with Photoshop, you can get some insane,., INSANE image sizes out of your raw file, process it, then reduce it to create images that look like they came from a hasselblad or Mamiya 40mp 4/3 pro unit.
    "These are the rules. Everybody fights, nobody quits. If you don't do your job I'll kill you myself.
    Welcome to the Roughnecks"

"Anytime you think I'm being too rough, anytime you think I'm being too tough, anytime you miss-your-mommy, QUIT!
    You sign your 1248, you get your gear, and you take a stroll down washout lane. Do you get me?"

Heat Ebay Feedback

Xtreme Addict
    How cow. I must say, I'm jealous!!! I went the route of investing in lenses for my t2i. Sometimes I kick myself for not jumping on an used Mark II, instead of the L glass. Someday I hope to get a Mark II, let alone a Mark III. Is the Mark III really worth that much more money? I'm at least another year out from purchasing. Congratulations again to Silver and hey it came with a pretty nice kit lens!!!
    Current: AMD Threadripper 1950X @ 4.2GHz / EK Supremacy/ 360 EK Rad, EK-DBAY D5 PWM, 32GB G.Skill 3000MHz DDR4, AMD Vega 64 Wave, Samsung nVME SSDs
    Prior Build: Core i7 7700K @ 4.9GHz / Apogee XT/120.2 Magicool rad, 16GB G.Skill 3000MHz DDR4, AMD Saphire rx580 8GB, Samsung 850 Pro SSD

Intel 4.5GHz LinX Stable Club

Crunch with us, the XS WCG team

Xtreme Guru
    Canon...

Just kidding congrats on the purchase. Can't wait to see some shots with it.
    STARSCREAM
    3570k @ 4.6 GHz | Asus P8Z77-V LK | G.Skill F3-12800CL8D-8GBXM | ASUS GeForce GTX550 Ti
    Corsair Neutron GTX 240GB | Corsair Force GT 120GB | SK hynix 128GB | Samsung 830 64GB
    WD Black 640GB (3) | Seagate 7200rpm 1TB | Dell Perc H310 xflashed to LSI 9211-8i
    Corsair AX750 | CoolerMaster Hyper 212 | Antec P280 | Dell Ultrasharp U2410 | BenQ XL2420T
    ROCCAT Savu | Filco Majestouch-2 TKL w/Cherry MX Reds
    MEGATRON
    3770k @ 4.5GHz | Asus Sabertooth Z77 | G.Skill F3-12800CL8D-8GBXM
    SK hynix 128GB | Mushkin Enhanced Chronos 60GB | WD Red 3TB (4) | Seagate 7200rpm 3TB (2)
    WD Green 2TB (3) | Seagate 7200rpm 1TB | Dell Perc H310 xflashed to LSI 9211-8i (2)
    Corsair AX650 | Corsair H80i

I am Xtreme
    Quote Originally Posted by itznfb View Post
    Canon...

Just kidding congrats on the purchase. Can't wait to see some shots with it.
    oh no you di'nt !!!
    "These are the rules. Everybody fights, nobody quits. If you don't do your job I'll kill you myself.
    Welcome to the Roughnecks"

"Anytime you think I'm being too rough, anytime you think I'm being too tough, anytime you miss-your-mommy, QUIT!
    You sign your 1248, you get your gear, and you take a stroll down washout lane. Do you get me?"

Heat Ebay Feedback