Thread: Dram strength guidelines?

Dram strength guidelines?

Hi I recently bought some g.skill sniper 2133 ram, and was looking to do some overclocking with it. I was wondering if there was a list or webpage with suggestions for dram strength settings? I don't really know what direction to go. I can get the computer to boot into window are 2133 but isn't even close to being stable. I have done some reading and it was suggested to adjust strength setting before going crazy with voltage. I have adjusted my cpu to nb up to 1.3v and that seemed to help some. I know it amd and it asking a lot to run the ram that fast, but I figured I would try. System specs below.

1100t
    Asus crosshair V
    G. Skill sniper ddr3 2133, don't remember the exact p/n but it is the lower timing version.

Thanks for look, Adam
    2500k@ 4.8ghz 1.375v
    Asus Maximus IV Extreme
    8GB G. Skill Trident 2400 @ 1066mhz 9-10-11-21-1T 1.55V
    H100<--big boy watercooling coming soon
    MSI GTX 560ti 448 in SLI
    80gb Intel SSD, 1TB WD Black
    850W Silverstone
    Corsair 800D

G.Skill USA Tech
    AUTO default settings will probably be best with that motherboard.

Thank you
    GSKILL TECH

Quote Originally Posted by Hotrodsun View Post
    Hi I recently bought some g.skill sniper 2133 ram, and was looking to do some overclocking with it. I was wondering if there was a list or webpage with suggestions for dram strength settings? I don't really know what direction to go. I can get the computer to boot into window are 2133 but isn't even close to being stable. I have done some reading and it was suggested to adjust strength setting before going crazy with voltage. I have adjusted my cpu to nb up to 1.3v and that seemed to help some. I know it amd and it asking a lot to run the ram that fast, but I figured I would try. System specs below.

1100t
    Asus crosshair V
    G. Skill sniper ddr3 2133, don't remember the exact p/n but it is the lower timing version.

Thanks for look, Adam
    Feel free to contact ustech@gskillusa.com or use our G.Skill Q&A Sub-Forum, if having any questions about G.Skill products

Check out our items on NewEgg

Ok I will just leave it in auto. I think i just run the ram at 1600mhz, I have it running 8-8-8-24 1t any suggestions on other timing settings. It is 24hour prime95 stable now. Thank you, adam
    2500k@ 4.8ghz 1.375v
    Asus Maximus IV Extreme
    MSI GTX 560ti 448 in SLI
    850W Silverstone
    Corsair 800D

G.Skill USA Tech
    Do you have CPU-NB Frequency at 2400MHz?

That is necessary for optimal performance (for that CPU).

Thank you
    GSKILL TECH
    Feel free to contact ustech@gskillusa.com or use our G.Skill Q&A Sub-Forum, if having any questions about G.Skill products

Check out our items on NewEgg

Quote Originally Posted by GSKILL TECH View Post
    Do you have CPU-NB Frequency at 2400MHz?

That is necessary for optimal performance (for that CPU).

Thank you
    GSKILL TECH
    I am just finishing up with the ram, I have booted the computer with the cpu-nb at 3200mhz but it won't be stable. I will try to work my way up to 28-3000mhz. Funny thing was i couldnt even get it to boot at 2200mhz, I looked at asus website and notice they had a bios update. figured what the heck, seems to alot more stable now then before, maybe the previous bios was corrupted a little bit? I don't know.

Thank you fo taking the time to help, Adam
    2500k@ 4.8ghz 1.375v
    Asus Maximus IV Extreme
    MSI GTX 560ti 448 in SLI
    850W Silverstone
    Corsair 800D