Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Gigabyte Z77X-D3H

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by stasio View Post
    [/img]

dinos22,

did you are aware of VTT bug in UEFI BIOS ?
    After every fault in Windows (freeze or BSOD) or undisclosed reason.
    e.g.VTT set 1.12V in BIOS,in windows still stock/default 1.05V.
    Not sure about IMC voltage.
    Kick with ET6 help.
    Somebody confirm also on X79 system.
    Colin and Janus will be inform also.
    Quote Originally Posted by dinos22 View Post
    there shouldnt be, make sure you are setting 0.01v more on vtt than imc

Video (Poor) of the issue here on X79-UD3, I need a better camera so in windows voltages are not really readable, but you can clearly see what happens in the BIOS
    http://www.mediafire.com/?to49cwcrvd56tgo

This does not always require a BSOD or freeze either, can happen anytime you start the system at any Vtt voltage (Above or below IMC)

Example:

Set 1.14-1.24 Vtt
    Set 1.14-1.24 IMC
    Save/apply/reboot to BIOS = Vtt voltage shown at stock value in health section
    Save/apply/reboot to windows = AIDA64, HWMonitor, ect show Stock Vtt value same as BIOS Health
    Fix = Bump or drop Vtt by one click in Easytune, set/apply and it instantly reads the correct value in AIDA64, HWmonitor, ect
    Reboot to BIOS following that, PC health section shows correct Vtt Value, and subsequent reboots into windows also reflect correct values (Until you get the bug/glitch again)
    But, "Often" from windows or BIOS once corrected, if you save/apply/reboot or shut down and then boot back to BIOS or windows actual value is set incorrectly again on reboot

Sorry guys, I wish I had a better camera to give you a clear shot of the voltages in windows, and a larger memory card so I get to the BIOS more times for ya as that voltage is clear on my camera.

This is EASILY reproducible, once you get it happening. It's very tricky to try to replicate in a way, because sometimes it never happens for a while, other times it can happen all day long, but once you got it going it usually sticks for a few reboots so you can see it happen over and over as shown in my video.

Dino, I'll be sending in a report to Colin about this later tonight, it would be great if you could attempt to reproduce it as well so I could tell him to also chat with you about it. As Stasio mentioned, freeze or BSOD can kick in in pretty easy usually, I drop memory voltage in windows till freeze or BSOD to get it going a few times, but I'd say 90% of the time I see it without trying to cause it IE Cold bootups in the morning or night, reboots between testing, normal full shut downs to change hardware quickly like memory switching, ect.

*EDIT*

@ Dino - OK, I have a better video of it now, with voltages set as you mentioned (Vtt above IMC by +0.10 this time, although I've noticed it does not matter above/below it still happens). I think in windows voltages are also a little bit clearer in this video using auto-focus - but not by much, hopefully clear enough to see, otherwise BIOS shows anyway.

This should be easy for the engineers to reproduce, I've seen it forever and just kept forgetting to mention it! In this video I did not set/correct it with easytune, just rebooted from BIOS to windows and back to BIOS a few times to show it's always incorrect value. But once you set/change with easytune when it is happening, then it's often correct in the BIOS and windows after that, until a few reboots and it starts happening again.

Video link will be below here once I get it uploaded - Done!
    http://www.mediafire.com/?ahoz4jm84r498fs

@ Marco, sorry, I forgot to mention! You did a nice job on this preview, great image quality (I'm jealous ), thanks for sharing!

And sorry I posted this mess in your thread, if you want I'll clean in up later no problem!
    Last edited by Lsdmeasap; 04-08-2012 at 01:26 PM.

XIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Hondacity View Post

have you tried 2200 7-10-10?
    I sold it with UD7 I should keep it for Ivy

Which XMP profile you guys get with 8-9-8 bbse in Z77 with SB and IB?
    Need a Gigabyte latest BIOS?
    Z370 AORUS Gaming 7,
    GA-Z97X-SOC Force ,Core i7-4790K @ 4.9 GHz
    GA-Z87X-UD3H ,Core i7-4770K @ 4.65 GHz
    G.Skill F3-2933C12D-8GTXDG @ 3100 (12-15-14-35-CR1) @1.66V
    2xSSD Corsair Force GS 128 (RAID 0), WD Caviar Black SATA3 1TB HDD,
    Evga GTS 450 SC, Gigabyte Superb 720W
    XSPC RayStorm D5 EX240 (Liquid Ultra)
    NZXT Phantom 630 Ultra Tower
    Win 7 SP1 x64;Win 10 x64

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12