Hey all,

I work for a company that gets some pretty decent hookups on hardware. We have prototype raffles now and then. I've collected & bought a bunch of decent hardware and I can't decide which direction to go.
I've got the idea to rebuild my server into strictly a server + torrent box (and for doing whatever other neat server things I come up with) and put it in my basement server rack (yes I have one).

Currently I'm using this system in my living room as a storage server, media player, torrentbox, general use living room PC, etc:
Chenbro ES34069
Jetway NC64 (core2duo, onboard GeForce 9100)
P8400; 2.26 Core2 Duo
(2x) 2gb ddr2 800 SODIMM
16gb MLC innodisk SSD; for OS
4 x 1TB 3.5" drives; Software RAID5
Slim DVD drive for movies and crap
Ubuntu 10.10
various other accessories, cables, adapters, etc. that don't really matter for the purpose of this thread.

I've got these other parts to play with:
Dell Perc 5/i awesome RAID card fully-modded and ready to go
MSI E350 Brazos/Fusion mainboard; AMD Zacate E350 APU (1.6ghz dual core AMD Zacate E350, Radeon Fusion Graphics)
Casetronic TE-1160; Sweet ass server based rackmount case with hot swap bays for my storage drives.
(2x) 2gb DDR3 1333 DIMM
Intel 40gb X25-M SSD; for OS(?)

I'm torn between building the Jetway NC64 based server using the RAID card, or using the MSI Fusion/Brazos mainboard as the server.
Brazos would make a nice low-power board and could use my RAID card to just serve files, but it would also make a nice, quiet, low-power Media Player in my living room.
Jetway NC64, with it's Core2Duo, would make a high-power kickass server and use my RAID card still, leaving me open to take advantage of a nice server for more than just file serving. The NC64 is also snappy currently as my media player, with it's GeForce 9100.
I can mod just about anything into anything.
My current server runs 24/7 because of torrents + file sharing. It's a bit loud to cool the drives and all the hardware crammed in there.
I have a full GB cat6 network.
I generally go for "overkill" with hardware, so I'm afraid if I use the brazos in either the server or the media player i'll be disappointed.

Sorry for the super lengthy post.

Any thoughts/opinions/suggestions?