Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Mass Effect 3 - NZXT Switch 810 Build.

Xtreme Member
    UPDATE

First off don't miss the Great article Charley Bwoy wrote about Me and the Mass Effect Build. He did an incredible job.

Article is here: http://modderdiaries.blogspot.ca/201...t-3-build.html

Again a small update it would seem but took many hours for this small update.

Took everything apart on Top and the Front of the Case to Carbon Fiber Di-noc the edges as the whole case will be Carbon Fiber and Flat black like the N7 armor in ME3

Will just Post some Photos without explaining , Basically used a Heatgun and Dinoc:

Tops Done , Now for the Front:

Top and Front Di noc done

Not sure what happened but the before Photos of the SSD harness didn't come out so unfortunately all i have is after Photos and its also dark out for the final Photos so bad lighting at the worse time but you guys are aware of what the build looks like with good light:

Custom wire harness for the 2 Plextor 128 gig M3 Pro Series SSD Drives

Build is getting extremely Close to done so stay keep watching and pray the rain stays away for a bit so i can finish some wiring.

Random Photo's (at night with bad lighting) but figured id share them anyway:

Lol Sorry for the last 2 Photos. I only have an iPhone to take Photos for my build logs and cant afford a real camera and parts to build so i do my best with what i have.

Keep watching, as now its time to make this thing look beautiful and finish it off.

Take Care and thank you for looking,

MybadOmen

Xtreme Member
    UPDATE !

And another update already that fast. I told you they would be coming pretty steady now till completion and i am not going to cut corners to meet any deadlines. This build will be done and hopefully Beautiful when its completed.

That being Said lets get yo the Update:

This Update is me Modding the window .I decided to just leave leave 1 1/2 " of metal completly around the window so people can see all the work inside and i curved the edges. Lol wait till you see what i used for a tool to curve them.

First a couple Photo's with the window off :

And now to Start Modding the NZXT Switch 810 Window:

Marking out where my cuts are going to be:

Marking out the curved edges with my High Tech tools .

Jig saw with Guide i will be using to cut out the window. (The Guide will help make nice straight lines until i get to the rounded edges. Its all skills from there )

Just checking to see if it looks right . It does so we can move on. OH YA normally i would tape off around where i was cutting but this is getting Di noc wrap so i didn't bother. My saw does have plastic feet though so i used a scotchbrite after to smooth it out after.

The Scraps

These Photos are of ,me sanding the scratches and edges smooth and also a shot of some of the tools i used to get a really nice edge:

Mnpctech . Lol seems like this name comes up allot in my Threads . Well this time is because i am using the Mnpctech U-Channel Molding which is one of the best i have ever used or seen. The stuff is super thin and looks incredible. In my eye's at least.

Well this Molding was also sponsored by Bill and Mnpctech.com so as always i will give a link where you can get some yourself.

Mnpctech U-Channel Molding here:
    http://www.mnpctech.com/UChannel.html

Ok now everything is all nice and even and smoothed out i finally move on to the Di-noc and U-Channel molding.

Will get better Photos of this tomorrow because my iPhone cant take pictures at night at all they come out terrible. Lol not to mention i ran it over yesterday so not only did i need a camera badly for my logs .I now also need to replace my iPhone 4 Glass which i do all the time for money so that's not an issue. Lol yeah but imagine, I ran over my own Phone with a GMC Jimmy and its perfect besides the glass.Thank god it happened in the grass i bet cement would be another story.

Really sorry for this last Photo as you cant tell how nice it came out but i promise you will see soon enough.

Take Care and Keep Watching . This Build is almost over and then you guys can watch my next build that's already started ,Just not posted yet.

More Updates Soon

MybadOmen

As Promised i am back to add some better Photo's. Well a little better at least.

Hopefully that gives a little better idea of what it is starting to look like but still i cant get the colors as bright as they really are in real life. The chrome sparkles everywhere and goes perfect with the Carbon fiber and red and white. Best i can do for now but i did promise i would be back with some better Photos .

More Updates soon so keep watching

MybadOmen
    Last edited by mybadomen; 07-04-2012 at 09:53 AM.

Xtreme Member
    Added Better Photo's to Last Update as Promised ! Hope you like them.

Xtreme Member
    UPDATE !

Founder of NZXT Johnny hou takes notice of my work on the "Mass Effect 3 - NZXT Switch 810 build" !

This is a Great Honor to me because i love the NZXT Company ,Their Customer Service, Products just everything about them is great and lets not forget how big they contribute to the community all the time. I have met and worked with many NZXT employees (Phone and email) But never imagined that the actual Founder of the company would take notice of me seeing he must be extremely busy.

Not sure what else to say . Just every day things just seem to blow my mind when it comes to my Modding. Lol usually when i think im not doing good and feeling down about it.

Here is the Link to see what the Founder wrote as it wasn't all about just me it was to all the Modders :

http://nzxtcorp.wordpress.com/2012/0...l-the-modders/

Take care guys and once again thanks so much for all the support you have given through all my builds.

Also stay Tuned for more on the Mass Effect Build.

Your friend and fellow Modder ,

MybadOmen

Xtreme Member
    Update !

I have a new Update for you guys and this is a BIG one! "Mass Effect 3 -NZXT Switch 810 Mod" is now Alive !!!!

Also for those of you the haven't seen it ,Not only did Venom make Maximum PC Magazine but now Mass Effect 3 build has also. (Really wish they had these Photo's below though)

Here is a link to the Maximum PC Magazine Article: http://www.maximumpc.com/article/new...galactic_socks

This Update i would like to thank EKWB, Mayhem's and Primochill since they are the ones that made this Update Possible.

First off i mixed Mayhem's Pastel Ice White concentrate with roughly 2 quarts of PrimoChill Base/Deionized Water

Next i mixed 1 Bottle of Concentrated Mayhem's light Red Pastel to another 2 quarts of PrimoChill Base/Deionized Water
    and then added 2 bottles of Mayhem's Red Dye to get the red i needed 20ML (Not all was used in build)

And finally the shots of Her Running in all her Glory ! (Build is not complete . Just some cosmetic stuff to do and she is all done)

Really hope you guys Like it so far, And again still More to come so Keep Watching !

MybadOmen

Xtreme Member
    Update!

Huge thanks to Razer and there Generosity donating some Razer Mass Effect Gear to the build:

Here is what they Donated to the Build as they seen the build and thought it would be a great match. I totally agree! :

Razer Black Widow Ultimate Keyboard "Mass Effect 3 Edition"

The Normandy SR2 is Commander Shepard’s starship and a quick maneuvering vehicle great for traversing the galaxy, getting the team extracted from hot zones, and dropping behind enemy lines. Just like the Normandy, the Razer BlackWidow Ultimate Mass Effect 3 Edition gaming keyboard is a state-of-the-art weapon with full-fledged heavy-duty mechanical key infrastructure. When it delivers crisp, tactile feedback and faster keystroke actuation, this revolutionary, fully backlit gaming keyboard accomplishes your mission with razor-sharp efficiency.

Razer Imperator Mouse "Mass Effect 3 Edition"

The war for Earth has begun, and only Commander Shepard stands between the Reapers and Earth’s total annihilation in Mass Effect 3. Use the Razer Imperator Mass Effect 3 Edition gaming mouse to give yourself the better edge and dispatch your ruthless enemies before they render all life extinct. The Razer Imperator ME3 Edition has been exclusively emblazoned with the iconic N7 logo, bestowed only upon the highest-ranking soldiers of the Systems Alliance military, displayed on Shepard’s Armor, and now in your capable hand.

Razer Vespula Mouse Pad "Mass Effect 3 Edition"

In Mass Effect 3, Commander Shepard and his team will face their greatest challenge yet - the Reapers. The Razer Vespula dual-sided gaming mouse mat is the perfect way to ensure that you’re prepared for each battle. Get neck-breaking acceleration under your mouse with the SPEED side to hit the enemies before they can react, or deliver precise headshots with the measured movement of the CONTROL side. Exclusively designed in pitch-black finish with the iconic N7 logo and stripes displayed on Shepard’s Armor, the Razer Vespula Mass Effect 3 Edition readies both you and your mouse for the war to take Earth back.

For more info on Razer's Great Products check out these Links:

www.razerzone.com
    www.razerzone.com/me3
    www.facebook.com/razer

Take Care Guys and just working on the window and Decals for the build and you will see them as soon as they are done!

MybadOmen

Xtreme Member
    UPDATE!

Still More to come on this build Guys. Just waiting on a few things and been hard at work designing them. I should have the rest of the stuff soon and hopefully it will really make the build Pop! If not back to the drawing board.

Also would like to Thank the Sponsors that helped make this build possible with this Photo that "gr3nd3l" Put together for me.

Also Special Thanks to "Kaged" for helping me once again with the Decals for this build and working with me to get them just right.

And of course Thank You to all the People that follow my builds and my work and that support me through the builds.Good and the Bad.

MybadOmen

Xtreme Addict
    What can I say, it's one of the most beautiful computers I've ever seen on this forum.
    Congratulations, it's great

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by El Maño View Post
    What can I say, it's one of the most beautiful computers I've ever seen on this forum.
    Congratulations, it's great
    Should look allot cooler soon. Keep checking back.

Xtreme Member
    UPDATE!

Just a small update is all but the build and Theme is coming together now. Also the back door makes sure there is no confusion on what company makes the case.

I also like to thank my buddy Kaged that helped me with making the masking for Venom and also help design and make the ME3 Decals also. He is also teaching me to use my own Plotter so i can some day do it myself

Ok Me and Kaged have been talking for a while again deciding on idea's for the Vinyl decals again but this time for the outside of the case. There were many Decals made but at the end i am not sure which will be used and which wont. but so far some are on for sure.

Ok so today i 3M Wrapped the back door of the case which was a pain by myself but i got it done. Also i added Decals to the front and the back panel. I am very aware there is a space above my Antec Veris (Still working on that)

Ok i will shut up and show the Photos because that's what you all really want to see

Well that's it for now. Hoping to have the build completed by Monday just waiting on the window is all and a couple small fixes.

Keep watching its not over yet ! Plus there will soon be a Nice Photo shoot done by my Aunt for me (Photographer)

MybadOmen

Xtreme Member
    UPDATE !

''Warning these photo's are just crappy ones from my iPhone good shots will be taken later and posted''.

First off really want to thank my Sponsor/Friend at Primochill for doing the etching for me.Highly appreciated Mate.

Well finally the update that puts everything together. I designed a window that i wanted etched and spaced everything so it wouldn't ruin the view of important stuff inside like my EK Parts ,Plextor SSD's etc.
    Anyway my great Sponsor Primochill got me this window overnight so i could complete the Build by Monday and as you can see he never fails me. Thank you Primochill for the great job.

Anyway its not totally complete a few small things to do plus a Photo shoot with the matching Keyboard,Mouse etc from Razer.

Here was the Black NZXT Switch 810 i received:

and here it is now:

Here is the Mass Effect 3 -NZXT Switch 810 Mod

The package that i thought would be very late actually came right away!

And the Window all cut to size i requested and etching exactly where i wanted it.

Best i can do for now till the Photo shoot but believe me . It looks a Million times better then the Photos:

And this ones for you NZXT for giving me this project in the first place and being more then just a sponsor to me.

Thank all you guys so much for supporting me and being my friend through this build and the past builds.

There should be 2 more Posts before Completion and then the Grand Finally the Photo shoot finally done right. Any Updates after that will just be any achievements that the Build happens to get . If any I imagine thats up to my followers to Vote for me.

Take Care and sorry no better Photo's yet. But really hoping you guys like what i did with the window.

MybadOmen

Xtreme Addict
    Awesome work dude, I like it a lot. I wish I had your tools and talent. Congratulations

Xtreme Member
    Update ! (Sorta)

Hiya Guys i got a chance to get everything outside today and actually use the PC for a while today. I decided to set everything up and get some better Photos (From an iPhone).

So i wont say much here i will just post a ton of Photos .

Enjoy and hope you like it !

Still will be Better Photo's to come but this build is Officially complete although you may see me do some small stuff here and there to it.

Thank you to all my Great Sponsors that have all been a pleasure to work with.

Thank you to all the people who Followed all my threads including this one.

Thank you to the new people that just noticed my work and took the time to look over the work logs.

Please don't forget a have a new Build log opening soon and that will be a Dimastech easy/hard 2.5 Bench Mod (Dont Miss it)

Your Friend,

MybadOmen

Xtreme Member
    Just adding a quick NZXT Photo. Lol cant sleep so excited the build is done:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	NZXT Photo.jpg 
Views:	236 
Size:	191.9 KB 
ID:	128869
    Last edited by mybadomen; 07-28-2012 at 12:30 AM.

Xtreme Member
    Thank You Razer

I know the build is complete but i wanted to add this quick thank you to Razer for their donation of the Mouse Keyboard and Mouse pad that has its own update in the index that gives more information about the Products. This update is just to show off how nice it looks with the Mass Effect 3 NZXT Switch 810 Mod. I also used the mouse and keyboard for many hours now and it is smooth as glass and the keyboard ,OMG talk about nice.

For more information on Razer's Amazing Products see links below. I can proudly and honestly give you my word they are high quality incredible products. Mass Effect ones being the best of course . Lol honestly even if your not a Mass Effect 3 Lover the only thing it has is N7 and Carbon Fiber so even non ME3 lovers will like them.

www.razerzone.com

www.razerzone.com/me3

www.facebook.com/razer

Anyway Thank You Again Razer and hope you enjoy the build and this little update:

Razer Black Widow Ultimate Keyboard "Mass Effect 3 Edition"

Razer Imperator Mouse & Razer Vespula Mouse Pad "Mass Effect 3 Edition"

Take Care guys and again i hope you all love the build it was ALLOT of work and i would say it was a success.

MybadOmen

Xtreme Member
    Some More Cool Photos id like to share,

Take care and sorry if you seen some of them.

MybadOmen

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123