Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Mass Effect 3 - NZXT Switch 810 Build.

Xtreme Member

(Completed) Mass Effect 3 - NZXT Switch 810 Build.

Special thanks goes out to "Rowey" for making me this awesome Banner including my Sponsors names.

by MybadOmen

Special thanks goes out to my Sponsors without them this build wouldn't be possible:

Click Image To Mnpctech Case Mod Store

Case arrived Today and Wow what a beautiful case! Thanks NZXT and incredible job designing the Switch 810. Pictures do this case no justice at all. It is just so amazing with all the room inside and avalible options for the normal builder to the extreme builders.

Here as always is the Victim of this project :

Ok an hour or less later here is where the Switch 810 is at this point in time. When i said it was the Victim i wasn't joking
    Just going to enjoy a coffee and take some measurements and get back to ripping it apart.You can be assured there will not be 1 rivet,screw or piece of wiring left to it when i am done with the tear down Process. This will be a 100% Modded NZXT Switch 810 with some Mods you hopefully have never seen before on any build.

Here she is before coffee break.Will be a long night to come:

As you can tell my son has the same blood as me and Passion.

Coffee break and back to work. Like i said .I don't like any thing Stock!
    Last edited by mybadomen; 07-30-2012 at 12:54 PM.

Xtreme Member
    As you all know EKWB is a big sponsor in this build and has really liked the work i done in the past.So they sent me a Huge package today and also some little Goodies like Full sleeve shirt some really nice EK badges and a cool EK cup holder.

But besides that lets get down to Business and show you what they sent for the build.Like i said before this will have a very big dual loop system setup sorta like Venom with the dual Res setup.But also a dual Loop on top of that.

Thank you So Much EK for believing in me and your Support during this whole Build.I love EK parts used them in many of my builds and would highly recommend them to anyone.

http://www.ekwaterblocks.com/

Here are the EK parts that will be in the build so far.and as you can see there is going to be allot of Fabricating to get it all in there.

Will show the boxes opened as i am building.

Again Thank you EK. They even shipped these parts from another Country.So tell me that's not a great company.

Xtreme Member
    Finally found and received the second Powercolor Reference HD6970 2 Gig Dual Bios (Reference) Card. You have no idea how long it has been to get one of these back.I had pair and sold one to finish the cooling in Venom and regretted it so bad.So its back home safe with me and ready to get wet.Still waiting on 1 part that might show today for the setup and that is the EK Dual 3 Slot Parallel Bridge.The links have already arrived. So great day today so far. Also have a tube of MX4 all ready so i can get the new EK Nickel (EN) Block and Black Ramplate right on today.

Here is the card i missed so badly.And if anyone is wondering the Powercolor HD6970 is a great card. Was already running 2 in Crossfire @ 1000/1500 stock voltage and right out of the box so i am very excited. Will be adding Benchmarks at the end of the build.

So for GPU's i will be running:

2 (Reference) Powercolor HD6970's in Crossfire

And for cooling them i would be using nothing other then.

2 EK Radeon HD6970 Block's - (EK-FC6970 Acetal + EN (Nickel)
    2 EK Radeon HD6970 RAM Backplate's - Black (EK-FC6970 Backplate - Black)
    1 EK-FC Bridge DUAL Parallel 3-Slot
    2 EK-FC Link R48X0/58X0

Xtreme Member
    Update ! Received a box from NZXT today.

The box contained an NZXT Sentry Mix which is a powerful fan controller they recently came out with. And i am so happy to have one in my hands.
    These controllers are Beast! 50 watts per channel x 6 channels. Now that's a hell of allot of Fans!

NZXT Sentry Mix Specs:

Features
    Slider controls with matte rubber finish for a bold look
    50W per channel power to your fans
    6 channels for absolute airflow control
    Comes with 5 LED colors for you to choose and save

LED Illuminated Fan Controller With Six 50W Channels
    Boldly crafted for maximum power and control, the NZXT Sentry Mix Fan Controller takes its inspired construction from sound mixers that command the blast of rock concerts. Each of the six 50W channels will power any enthusiast PC fan. Simply slide and customize airflow with your fingertips.

The Unboxing :

The Box ! Exiting yet?

Or does this get you excited. The peanuts ! I know you all love these.

Ok More updates Later. LOL just kidding here we go:

The color choices are great also so no need to go through the nightmare of soldering new LED's in.Been there done that.Wasn't fun.

Check out the colors it does! Even orange. Now that was thinking.

Another great Product from NZXT..Thanks again NZXT and keep making us great products like this one!

Xtreme Member
    Blah got some UPDATES done but ending up how do i say it nicely. Hmmm Vomiting so i had to stop.I guess i am still a little sick.Really best time to be sick because the parts aren't here anyway.

Oh and to the Carbon Fiber Question Yes there will be Carbon Fiber the good stuff 3M Di-Nicon from Mnpctech.com I just didn't want to speak of it till it arrives and i will do a un boxing and small review

Here are some updates :

Not really Sure what i am going to do with the PSU box because i have no PSU yet to get measurements.I may be building something different for it.

Here is what i had started though,but like i said. I may be changing the design.

Well that's it for now Praying a some parts will arrive tomorrow so can i get the measurements i need.Mainly the Rads, Reservoirs Pumps and PSU are the things that are holding me back from really getting allot done.

More Updates soon Take Care guys.

Xtreme Member
    Will be mainly Based on Shepard's Uniform the Mass Effect Logo and the Normandy SR-2 Cerberus Version . Some how want to get all that and some other ideas in the build. But cant really tell till i start building what will look best.Or what i will have time to get done.I am thinking just the PSU alone is going to be close to a week's worth of work.

Somewhat based on this uniform and the Red/White Logo etc.

This is the Coolant i have coming now:to Match the Mass Effect Logo:

Special Thanks goes out To Mayhem's for the support and help Sponsoring this build:

If your looking for insane Coolants this is where you can get them (Please read what you are buying first though,They sell allot of coolants for show purposes only as well as tons of coolants and dyes that can be run for long periods of time.Just make sure you know which you are ordering)

Mayhem's Store here: http://www.mayhems.co.uk/shop/en/

Mayhem's Light Red Pastel:

And his Ice White Pastel :

The coolant will match the Logo:

That should give you a little idea where i am heading.

Xtreme Member
    HUGE UPDATE !

As you all know EKWB is a big sponsor in this build and has really liked the work i done in the past.So they sent me a Huge package today and also some little Goodies like Full sleeve shirt some really nice EK badges and a cool EK cup holder.

But besides that lets get down to Business and show you what they sent for the build.Like i said before this will have a very big dual loop system setup sorta like Venom with the dual Res setup.But also a dual Loop on top of that.

Thank you So Much EK for believing in me and your Support during this whole Build.I love EK parts used them in many of my builds and would highly recommend them to anyone.

http://www.ekwaterblocks.com/

Here are the EK parts that will be in the build so far.and as you can see there is going to be allot of Fabricating to get it all in there.

Will show the boxes opened as i am building.

Again Thank you EK. They even shipped these parts from another Country.So tell me that's not a great company.

Take Care and Stay Tuned. I still have an update from Mnpctech.com to post shortly also.

These are the Major Parts i was waiting for to actually get to work with fabricating because they dont just fit in so Woot time to work and get you guys some updates.

Stay Tuned

MybadOmen

Xtreme Member
    "UPDATE"

Ok got allot of stuff done but basically just for measurement purposes so everything will still be coming back apart many times.

First thing was to tap all the holes in the Radiators which are the EK XTC 420 & EK XTC 280. They are very nice Rads and i like to thank EK for Sponsoring them.

My son helping me Mod of course.He is blowing the shavings away with an air gun while i am tapping the holes.

Ok now i started moving on getting the rear plate ready for mounting the motherboard. Basically i lined up the motherboard where it needed to go,Used my drill press and drilled the new wholes and then tapped them.I then added the standoffs for the motherboard and had to grind down the threads that stuck through the rear of the plat to get a flush mount.Still tons to do to this plate so i will be taking the build apart many times before the rear Plate is permanently mounted.

Now just drilling all the holes that will be for the motherboard standoffs.

Great little 5 speed belt driven drill press i got on sale for $59.99 at Harbor Freight . I jumped on the deal really fast, It was one of those 1 day sales for inside track members only. I also am making it into a little basic milling machine.

Next i Tapped all the holes i just drilled out with the drill press to the same thread as the motherboard standoffs.

Now just making sure everything lines up the way it supposed to and again my little helper Owen is there doing his best.This is a critical part ,you cant just mount the motherboard back plate until you have the GPU's in place or you will end up breaking your video cards if the rear plate isn't aligned perfect.Will be getting a better camera when i start getting to the more important updates because the one i have now is terrible as you can see.Also the CPU block and fittings in the pictures will not be being used.

Another UPDATE in about a 1/2 Hour or so.

Hope you are enjoying it so far.

Xtreme Member
    "UPDATE"

GPU Time:

2 Powercolor Reference HD6970's with 2 EK-FC6970 Acetal + EN (Nickel) Full cover GPU block's & 2 EK-FC6970 Backplate's - Black

Now i am adding the 2 EK-FC R48X0/58X0 Links to the Water blocks :

Next i will be adding the EK-FC Bridge DUAL Parallel 3-Slot Bridge to the 6970's.And the Crossfire Bridge i am working on.Fittings are just there for show.Not sure what angles i will be using yet till i get it more together.There will be Lots of changes once i get the fabrication out of the way and get to actually working on the Theme.

Now for actually making sure they fit into the motherboard and case nice and smooth.

Just making sure i can get the XTC 420 in now with Push/Pull setup Bottom rad is just sitting there not sure where i am putting it yet.Also i am going to try and change these shots tomorrow if its nice out with better lighting.Anyway you can get the idea of how it is coming together you just cant see how colorful and shiny it is yet. I will fix that soon don't worry.

Ok that's it for today really sorry about the crappy camera. But this is just all design stuff and fabricating anyway.Nothing really pretty to look at yet

Almost forgot. Those Fans are not the fans that will be in this build either. Just there for Measurements .

Stay Tuned Tons more to come and its going to get Allot better!

MybadOmen

Xtreme Member
    I like where this is going. Stay tuned. MBO does incredible work

Xtreme Member
    "UPDATE" and as Promised i have some better looking pictures so you can actually see the colors.I think its the energy saver bulbs in my house that mess with my camera.

Quick install of the new CPU block which is an EK Nickel HF Supreme that i bought used but in perfect condition from a friend. (These couple Pictures aren't great but most of the rest are)

And the Thermal Paste. I will be using MX4 in this build:

Ok now finally some better looking Pictures:

Ok everything looking good? Oh well time to tear it apart again Allot of work on this darn back plate.But it is very important at the end of the build.

Never work with Metal without wearing safety glasses. I have spent a few times in the past having metal dug out of my eye at the hospital from being to lazy to put them on.

A set Like these that were a gift from Bill Owen and Mnpctech.com are incredible.

You can get your own pair here and they are very inexpensive for high quality safety glasses: http://www.mnpctech.com/Safetyglasses.html

Ok Back to Work now that we talked about safety.That if you watch i never practice what i preach half the time

Removed everything all over again after marking out where i want to run my wires.I also made the rear plate so it was removable for now by tapping all the mounting wholes and screwing it on.In the end it will most likely be riveted but for now the tray will have to come out many more times so its screwed on.

Lots of Dremeling Filing and Sand and still lots to go. Also allot of work had to be dont to the old motherboard tray also to pull this off.

Bunch more Filing and Sanding to go and then i believe i will be using a U channel Molding around the edges but not totally sure yet because i want the final look very clean.We will see how it fits soon.

Also more great news the Louvers i designed for the top are done being Laser Cut and are being shipped to me now thbaks to my Sponsor Primochill/Tyler Industries for supplying the materials and also doing any Laser cutting i need done. I still need to work on a hinge system for it, or i may just have them permanently Open. Thats another thing that i haven't decided on yet.I had them cut it bigger then what i needed si i can cut it to size when i have it here to what looks best.The Louvers are the correct size that i needed.

Here is the design which is very basic but should look really good on this build.

My drawing done with Google Sketchup and then paint.

Then the Proper way its done when Tyler Industries redid it for me.To show me the Correct way.Really cool guys at Primochill/Tyler Industries not only do they sponsor me but the guys are great there and have helped me in so many ways.

Again Thanks to Mnpctech.com and Primochill for your help with this build and all the other great things you have done for me.Including advice ,Swag Etc.

More Updates soon. I have to stay steady on this thing if i plan on meeting the deadline of end of May.

Keep Watching the cool stuff will come soon enough .

Xtreme Member
    nice project!

SORRY FOR MY BAD ENGLISH!

Xtreme Member
    This is off topic but can you believe my wife tolerates me? This is the kitchen. Lol and i have projects going on in almost every room in my house. She knows i love it and its who i am.If i Wasn't doing some kid of project i would probably go crazy.Modding is my big thing but i also do a million other things with electronics or just do crazy experiments that i get in my head.

Anyway off topic but thought you guys would like to see.I don't have no big fancy shop or incredible equipment.I am just an average person in my house screwing around with stuff that makes me happy.

Question is what would your wife do if she walked in and her kitchen looked like this?

Usually i have the stove and washing machine covered in parts also

But when i am done i do clean it but it's like that allot lately Plus i work on customers PC's in the Living room. Not a business just little jobs here and there.

Sorry for going off topic but had a long day and going to bad so i thought i would leave today off with a bit of Humor.

Take Care MybadOmen . More Updates shortly.

Xtreme Member
    Special Thanks goes out to Pete from "Modern Heat" a local metal fabricating company, for donating all the metal's i need for the project and plenty of extra

I went down to purchase some metal and we ended up talking about what i am doing with the metal and he was excited about the PC's us Modders build and thought it was a great thing we all do.

So he ended up giving me at no cost:

A few different Gauges of Sheet metal

A really nice sheet of thin Aluminum that will be great for modding.

A nice chunk if 1/2" thick Aluminum Stock that i have plans for that you will see later in the build.

Also a Nice size sheet of real metal Mesh with roughly 1/8" holes.

This Metal would have cost me a fortune and now i have enough for many projects so Huge thanks goes out to Pete and the rest of the Guys at Modern Heat in my home town of Gloucester,Mass.

Modern heat has nothing to do with Heating it was the name from years ago.It is now a Metal Fabricating Company.

Here is some of what he gave me today and i have some more already in my shed:

Believe it or not it is extremely hard to get metal in my area because there are tons of metal scrappers in my area.And Home Depot Etc never has any real metals.Just little stuff that they want a fortune for.

Take Care More updates shortly.Hopefully Today!

Xtreme Member
    Update !

This i think you guys will like.This is an old piece of metal that most people would just walk over or throw in the trash.But to me its a beautiful thing and i will show you why.

Here is that beautiful piece of Metal i was talking about!

I looked everywhere for a nice looking holder to hold 2 10 inch EK-Multioption X2 Advanced reservoirs one in front of the other.All i could find was side by side mount and none that really looked all that great in my opinion so it was off to my buddies house to play with the Bridgeport and made my own. This isn't completely polished yet or finished ,and i wont do that till i am closer to the end of the build so i don't scratch it up after spending hours wet sanding and buffing it. It looks really good just as it is now i did a little sanding and could be used just as it is but i want it to match the Nickel in the rest of the Build.

Hope you enjoy it this just shows what you can do with an old piece of scrap metal.

More updates soon believe me i have had this build together and apart a ton of times so far but not posting allot of it because its just measuring and decision making.

Keep Watching More Updates Very Soon!

Xtreme Member
    "UPDATE"

Really had trouble posting this update do to confusing people or people getting the wrong idea. Please use the only as a Reference shot only.I am only showing the reservoir mounting and pump mounting in this picture.Everything is just sitting in place.The 5.25 bays are going to be totally reworked still. The reservoirs are just stiffing there with a Bungie holding them balanced for measurements.The inside of the Case will be painted and don't to match the final theme and tons tons more.Also i had to remove the Fans for this shot do to NDA i am under on them and please don't ask anything about them because i cannot answer.

I am just posting this to let you guys see this build goes together and apart roughly every day to do more work to the case and is far far from completed. Hope you enjoy the pictures.And take them for what they are Just a Reference point of the build:

Once i receive the PSU for the build it will start really coming together.Allot of measurements are needed from the PSU and whats being done to it before i go can really get moving on the project.

Here the Reference only Shots are: (So you guys can see Progress has been being Made:

And in case you missed it before .The home made Reservoir brackets . Also not complete, might do a design patter on them and still need to polish them to match the Nickel.

Before:

After:

Also the 2 EK-DCP 4.0 (12V DC Pump's) which are 800L / hour are mounted in this cage hard lined right to the Reservoirs. But like i said still tons of work to do with the Cages,They will look nothing like they do now and will have great airflow through them also when finished.

As usual i forgot to take a Photo after i cut it and Put the pumps in but i will edit this post when i have them back out again soon or will add it to a new update since so much is going to be done to the 5.25 trays anyway.But i did mark out where i cut it so far to fit the 2 pumps.

And also i would like to Thank EK for Sponsoring the Pumps,Brackets and basically both the dual loop setups for this build.Along with some swag also like cup holder full sleeve shirt and some other great stuff. Great company and they also have allot into this build.

Here are a Link to the Pumps and the brackets Plus the Specs of the Pumps:Also a shot of me Proudly Sporting the shirt they gave me. Even though i am way overtired in the picture and look like hell.I will post it.

2 EK-DCP 4.0 (12V DC Pump's)

Model: EK-DCP 4.0
    Rated voltage: DC12V +/-10%
    Starting voltage: DC 8V above
    Power Consumption: 18W +/-10%
    Load current: 1.8A +/-10%
    Q-max: 800 L/hr +/-10%
    H-max.: 4m +/-10%
    Size: 75 x 54 x 66mm
    Life Expectancy: 50000/hrs at 25°
    Noise: 24.5 dB
    Weight: 670g

Enclosed:
    1 × EK-DCP Pump
    1 x Anti-vibration Pad
    1 x 3pin to 4pin Cord
    2x Brackets

Link to them here: http://www.ekwaterblocks.com/shop/pu...v-dc-pump.html

And me looking horrible. but still Sporting there Shirt to show my appreciation towards them.I wear all my Sponsors Shirts and you will most likely see all of them by the end of the build,Actually i think this is the first Photo of me without a Respirator on or hiding myself :

Lol sorry i look so Terrible. but oh well i shared it with you guys anyway:

And of Course more "UPDATE's" very Soon!

Xtreme Member
    UPDATE!

Ok, I have been holding off on this update for a while now because this Company and the owner does so much for me. The sponsorship i have with them is a bit different then a regular sponsorship. I actually belong to a team of a few Modder's that they sponsor.I also got on their team i guess you would say before this build came about.

I cant even begin to explain what they have done for me and mainly the owner himself between moral support help with projects and basically any help i need .Not to mention support when my father in law passed away last week.All i can say is one hell of a company and one hell of a guy personally.

Ok to start with,They sponsored me a bunch of tubing for for my current builds and any other builds just to make sure i have different colors i may need.So this is what they sent and i Thank them for having me on their team and just for everything.

Here are some of the things they Helped me with:

Help with Covering the Sponsored Thread Fee's

Tubing

Also they helped me make this which is my new update

I sent them this which was the only way i knew how to draw something up:

[B ]And as you can see he taught me the correct way to draw it up:[/B]

Also they Supplied the Materials which is a Black Acrylic that matches the case perfect. And did the Laser Cutting for me.I had them do it to a shape bigger then i needed so i could actually finish making it from my house but having them Laser cut the Louvers makes it so much smoother and even then i could ever do by hand, since they all have to be the same size exact to fit together. Not sure yet if i am just going to have them stay open or actually get into making them open in close right now since there is so much to do still.

Here is what the Louvers sorta Look Like. This is in very Raw state and i need to make the hinges and cut it to fit.Right now i just have some fittings holding them up a little so you can get the idea.I love how it came out and was exactly the look i was going for.

Hope you guys Like it, because i really do.

Keep in mind this is just sitting there on compression fittings and not Lined up or cut at all . Also it has a protective blue layer over it.I really think this is going to help make this build look incredible.

Take care Guys and Thanks for watching

MybadOmen

And More Updates Shortly!

Xtreme Member
    Just wanted to show you guys what i picked up today. I have been dying to get one of these and i have always used the Generic ones until now!

This DREMEL absolutely takes the cake for Modding and i am so excited to own one. Just to be clear i am not Sponsored by Dremel and got this on my own! But i still love showing off anything that is great from any company that i love and this is one of them.

The DREMEL 3000 Insane Modding tool. As well as there other Accessories and tools which i plan on slowly getting attachments for mine!

And here is the Tool i went with which is probably the most used tool in Modding Custom PC's or anything for that matter.

The DREMEL 3000

And a small Unboxing

Some bits and wheels come with it :

Also Grabbed an Attachment book so i can get some new attachments soon:

Absolutely Amazing tool the DREMEL 3000 is and i cant wait to get chopping away with it.I have used the same one many times but just never had my own.So as you can imagine i am excited beyond belief!

I cant even express how Highly i recommend a DREMEL 3000 to anyone Modding PC's or anything like what we do.Or you can do what i have been doing and thats buying cheap ones and replacing them after every build! Those days are finally over .WOOT!

For more info on DREMEL see their website here : http://www.dremel.com/en-us/Pages/default.aspx

Figured i would show this since you guys are waiting to see more Updates and this gives you something to look at till then.

Now off the Start chopping Stuff up

More Updates Shortly !

Xtreme Member
    UPDATE !

Ok as you may know from earlier posts and Updates i ordered the EK XTC 420 AND 280 Radiators knowing they don't fit in the Switch 810. But thats the way i wanted it.The Radiators are incredible and no matter what was needed they were going in. So this Update shows how i got the top EK XTC 420 up top.

Once again thank you EKWB for your support and Sponsorship.

Ok lets get started !

Here is the Radiator and Fan Setup for Loop 1. As you can see its enormous and it will be inside the Case.On top of that the EK XTC 420 doesn't match the hole patterns on the NZXT Switch 810. So as you can imagine there was allot of work to do here and did it all with my tools at home which made it allot bigger of a job.

The EK XTC 420 & x6 NZXT FZ 140mm Airflow Fans in Push/Pull Configuration :

Now i start making a new plate to hold all the weight and with the correct hole Pattern using some pretty rugged steel:

As i said before, and i will say it again Always wear Safety Glasses like the ones i have here which are an incredible Pair and very affordable from Mnpctech.com

Smith & Wesson Safety Glasses i am always using can be found here: http://www.mnpctech.com/Safetyglasses.html

Also Please DO NOT take your Safety Shields off your tools like i do. It is a very dumb idea and i shouldn't be doing it myself.Its a real easy way to hurt yourself fast.

Well that parts done and out of the way.

I purposely showed the tools i used so you could get an idea of what i Mod with. A few tools and your on your way to Modding anything.

My Favorite tools i would have to be is My RotoZip and Second my DREMEL. Without them i wouldn't be able to do much at all.

More Update's Very Soon ! Keep Watching.

Xtreme Member
    Getting so Excited now !

Got tons of work done last few Days and gets getting so close to getting this thing up and running and starting on the Theme!

There will be updates soon but i don't want to show the updates until they are somewhat complete. But it involved allot of cutting!

Take Care and keep checking back.

MybadOmen

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Always nice to see when hack and slash transforms to spit and polish. Nice work so far.

Xtreme Member
    UPDATE!

OK i don't want to keep you guys waiting for updates so i will post some of what i have been doing.

Alright first we will start by looking at the begging of one of the biggest things i am doing to this build which is trying to have the tubing running along both sides of the top of the case on the inside of the cover but where they can still be seen from outside the case. This little idea has been very complicated with many obstacles to get past. Still not completed but here is where i left off on that till more parts arrive.

As you can see from this Picture there is no chance of the cover fitting on over the fittings.

So using this crazy dangerous tool.I made some adjustments to the top of the case to make it work.

Nice cozy fit now!

Next for some 5.25 Bay work.This is where tons of work has been done and still has to be done to make a dual loop in this build and end up very clean looking.

Here are the stock drive bays in the NZXT Switch 810.Nice but this is just not going to work for me.

There are a few things that need to be modded here.I need better airflow to to top Rad front fan because the XTC rad is so thick it comes very close to the top cage inside. The other thing is i need places opened up so the tubing can actually run through all these bays.And also the Pumps are going to be mounted inside the bays as well.And there are a few more reasons i cant remeber right this second but anyway everything needed a bunch of modding in the Drive area:

Everything at this point is still just in rough state.It will all get cleaned up and painted when i know all measurements are right and everything fits.

Here are some Photo's of things starting to get pretty.

3M Di-noc Carbon Fiber Sponsored by Mnpctech.com.

You can get some from his store and its amazing stuff! Link is here for it : http://www.mnpctech.com/CarbonFiber_..._Titanium.html

Now to dress up my new Pump Cage i suppose you could call it: It's Aluminum i am using and it will be Polished to look like the rest of the Nickel in the build and will be finished off with Black Rivets.

Also a small fan update.I thought i was really in a rough situation when i heard the blades don't come off the NZXT FZ Series fans.So i went in to investigate the situation, prepared to sacrifice a fan to find out what the deal was.Anyway the conclusion of it all was the fan blades can simply be popped off and on carefully and i can still get them painted.

Here was the investigating part:

Next i tested my theory which was there should be no reason i cant just pop the blades off and back on.It worked!

Sorry for the long wait that time for Updates guys but i hope it was worth it. There is still tons to do be done to the drive bays but i wanted to update you guys with some of whats been going on.

More Updates Shortly so Keep watching!

MybadOmen

Xtreme Member
    Update!

Package arrived today wonder what it could be? :thinking:

Great nothing but Packing Peanuts. Didn't April fools already Pass ?

Oh wait. Whats this buried deep under the Peanuts?Yup My PSU has arrived and now i can really kick some butt on this build!

OK now to get serious.First i would like to give a Huge Thank You to:

http://www.nzxt.com/new/

For all the support they have given towards this build and to me personally.

Next i will talk about the Hale 90 1000w PSU and show its specs and then finish the unboxing.

80+ Gold Enthusiast modular PSU
    NZXT introduces the 80+ gold certified HALE90 series built from the ground up specifically customized for gamers and enthusiasts and offers incredibly efficient operation that will meet the needs of even the most power hungry enthusiasts.

Specifications:

OK now that we established its a great PSU from NZXT we can move on and finish the Unboxing:

A cool little NZXT bag to hold all the Modular cables.That will be sleeved in Para cord when i am done.

Damn isn't she a Beauty. Its almost a shame they are letting me get my hands on it. Because i don't plan on it looking like it does now for long.And it looks so good right out of the box.

Waste of a sticker on me:

Take Care Guys and should have even More updates for you late Tonight!

Keep watching, now some real work is going to get done!

Xtreme Member
    UPDATE!

As promised i said there would be another update tonight.And here it is:

Ok one of the biggest Mods this build is getting is ,I want it duel loop with the tubes showing through a window in the top of the case.So when you look at the case from the side you can see the coolant flowing across the top of the case cover on both sides.There has been a ton of obstacles to get this to work and I'm still not out of the woods yet.

First i will start with the Fans.The fans i got from NZXT came in white.I told them i didn't care because i was painting them anyway.Then i ran into a little problem.There were plugs either melted or glued in place blocking the plastic ring that needs to be removed to paint the fans.This is the new NZXT FZ 140mm Airflow Series fans i am speaking of. So i investigated the problem and found out it was as simple as popping the blades off and popping them back on. So that being said 10 Fans got Painted today also.

This is what i ran into when i went to take the Fans apart.Believe me i tried popping the plug out and knew something wasn't right:

So i start to Investigate the problem by throwing a Milling bit in my drill press on low speed and slowly cutting into the plug.The plug goes all the way down to the bottom against the plastic ring you usually take out to remove the blades:

I was more then willing to sacrifice a fan if needed to find out how to get these apart. No worries though no Fans were harmed in the process.

Result was success. I found i could easily just pop the blades on and off if i applied slight pressure to the inside of the blades. I would do this to many times because you will eventually wear out the plastic clip that holds the blades in.

Ok so that problem was solved so now to start painting the Fans because i need them a darkish red color:

Ok next i had to remove the top cover of the case and do some more Modding.I needed to add 3 Pass troughs in just the right place so the tubing on each side went to a separate loop and in a way that will make the end of the build look very clean inside for the amount of cooling in such a small space.I also prepped and repainted the top because if you remember there was a lot of cutting and scratches etc.Plus the new plate i made to fit the EK XTC Rad was still unpainted.

Alright. Here we go:

The top before i started today

And the work starts

And here is the start of what it will look like when completed.Allot cleaner and everything cut to the right lengths.But now you can see how the tubing will be showing through the side of the top cover.

Hope you enjoyed the update.There is allot more to it then it looks because all the tubing has to run exactly in the right place to meet up with the Pumps,Reservoirs etc and still be able to clear all the other hardware.Not to mention i still need to get the top on

Looks like a nice night to relax by staying up and Sleeving all night
    :thumb:

Take care and More Updates soon so Keep Watching !

MybadOmen

Xtreme Member
    UPDATE:

Here is an update guys just showing the State of the Mass Effect Build at this moment. Many don't realize when Modding the build comes apart and back together many many times.I figured i would show it this time.

This is just to make some small changes to the backing plate for the PSU and some other things that needed adjusting. And this was all done Old School! No laser cutters here. Just Dremels,Rotozip and lots of filing and sanding. It still needs to be smoothed out a bit more tonight. Then it all goes back together. and then apart again a few more times. And finally when everything is in place and working 100%. Thats when i will start painting.

Here are some Photo's for you guys:

Had to speed up the Drill press a little.I was running on the lowest speed.This is just showing how you change speeds on a real drill press:

And Back to Work. You can only imagine how much work it is taking a Piece of steel and making everything from scratch with just minor hand tools.It takes allot of time ,but at the end i guess you could say its a truly hand crafted PC. Damn what i would do for a Laser cutter and small Milling machine home . Sponsors? Lol just kidding. anyway back to work

As you can see its getting Dark out so time to move inside and keep on sanding everything even and smooth. Here is the Current State of the Mass Effect build as of right now!

What i actually got accomplished in those photos :

.. Rough cut the whole for the PSU wires to go through.
    .. Made some of the other holes a little bigger for the wires to go through (They were a bit to small) .
    .. Made new Holes for the top and Bottom Fan wires to run neatly and hidden.
    .. Most wires will be coming from under the motherboard so opened them up maby 1 cm.
    .. Drilled all the wholes where i will be applying Rivets to reassemble the build when complete.
    .. Made new holes for mounting the new Modified Drive Bays .
    .. Also made new holes for the Reservoir Mounts (I will still be Notching these when i get to my buddies and can use the Bridgeport.to make them adjustable.)
    .. Filed and shaped the metal till my hands were ready to bleed.
    .. Next i used a DA sander and sanded everything smooth with a 220 Grit sand paper.(I want to keep the back plate roughed up so the self etching primer will stick very good when it comes time to paint.

Probably forgetting something. But as you can see something so little takes allot of work if you want the end results to be a very clean looking build.This build will go back together and Apart many more times Just this week before everything is good.

New Parts i had to order to get things Moving:

This Build is Completely Liquid cooled by dual Loops all EK, Primochill and Mayhem's but sometimes it is impossible to not use other adapters to make things work.So this is where i had no choice but to use other products not made by my sponsors. (I am sure they understand ) So 99.9% of this build is cooled by EK ,Pimochill and Mayhem's and if i had it my way it would be 100% but we can only do what we can do.

2 of these adapters to move my pumps down a little.

3 of these so i could get to the fittings underneath coming through the Pass through's

1 of these Blocks to make the angle from the bottom Rad heading up to the top pass through nice and clean.

4 of these Low profile 90 degree elbows because the ones i had were to tall to work.

Just those few fittings plus shipping was close to another 100 bucks ! So when people think sponsorship mean's is about getting a free build they are crazy.I spens a $100. couple days and i also have a fortune into this build.But don't get me wrong the build would not be possible without my Sponsors.But i am doing it not for the free stuff but for the ability to Show off the companies i love and use regardless if they sponsor me or not.Every Sponsor i have are Companies i Highly recommend and have before this build and will after this build.

I also ordered some other stuff Last night for the build.

1 sheet. Another 24" x 24" of 3M Di-noc

100 feet of the White Para-cord i forgot in my last order because i though i still had some:

50 white and 50 Red 3mm LED's and some assorted resistors that i will be using to make somethings with:

And some other small stuff

Also Have some stuff coming from my Sponsor Primochill / Tyler Industries Thank Guys!

6 Led plugs sorta like these that i used in Venom but they are from Primochill and not something they have for sale that i can see.

12 of there Ghost Barbs More then i need but this will ensure i have enough.

And also 12 black Clamps and they might be sending some other things also.

Plus another great thing is my Birthday is in 2 days and i always wanted to Make High Quality stickers and Vinyl Decals. So i needed a really good printer for it.My wife bought and came home with both a Really nice Laser printer and really nice Inkjet printer from a Family member that bought them recently and never used them. I have been wanting to get this equipments for a long long time because in the long run it will save me a fortune on my Mods.

Anyway here they are:

The Laser Printer HP2025: (This on prints incredibly high quality)

And the Inkjet which Canon from the Sticker making threads i read is one of the best Inkjets for making Stickers and Decals:

Also another small update i would like to show.I spent about an hour Polishing up the front Face plate i made for my Pump cage from aluminum. (it came out very nice)

More UPDATES Soon! Keep Watching!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast