Thread: IS there a MACCI style 9500pro vmod?

IS there a MACCI style 9500pro vmod?

Like this but for the 9500pro/9500np I line memory.

I know about this one,

But instead of this I wouldn't like to solder to the vr chips I would rather connect to the pads like the above 9700 one and to the ground pole of a cap?

I have two 9500's I need to do this too.

? No one knows?

Maybe you would know how I can find it then by using a multimeter?

Well I didn't wan't risk frying any of my r300's so I am just going to attach a pot or resistor to this "HOT" leg of both of the voltage regulators or what ever they are called.

hopefully it is the same on the r300's. Only thing I am wondering about is the memory chip is a little different.

edit........

Looking at this pic I can see the traces clearer. So basically it looks alot like the 9800 MACCI style like I posted above.

I am going to try this and hopefully it works otherwise I will possibly fry my cards.

The mem vmod appears to use the same solder pad in the pic above as the rad9800.

The voltage chip uses a little different layout. I wish I knew which one will be the best solder pad for the vgpu mod. I am going to use the inside of the risistor shown above as it appears to be connected to the leg or which ever one is easier to solder too, leg or resistor. The leg may be easier.

From these pads above all I need to do is run a pot to a ground right like the ground from macci mod above right?

Here this shows the same pad I am talking about corresponding to the alternate hot pin. I am going to solder to the pad on the 9500pro. Tell you how it goes.

My rad9800pro mod went succesfully.

I used adjustable pots at first to figure out what the resistor needed to be at then soldered in the resistors. i am not going for max voltage either. My rad9800 is at GPU 1.79v, mem @ 2.97v.

Well folks it ended up working the way I talked about above.

Here is what I did.

Well I figured it out. Here are the two cards.