Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Thread: Z77X-UD5H First Impressions

Xtreme Member
    With 3770 I can boot into windows 7 64-bit with all cores enabled.

With 3570k I get "MULTIPROCESSOR_CONFIGURATION_NOT_SUPPORTED" when trying to load Windows.

If I only have one core enabled in BIOS for 3570k, then I can boot into Windows.

Trying to re-install Windows with 3570k and more than one core enabled, gives me the same bluescreen.

Tips?

EDIT Tested with the two latest BIOS, F6h and F6i.

I am Xtreme
    interesting, i switch out 3770K and 3570K without issue, i just have to hit CPU changed in windows for ET6.

Xtreme Member
    It should not be a difference for me then, even if one of my CPUs are "k"-model and the other one is not...? (the 2700k and 3770 i can swap without any issues)

I have ripped apart the board maybe 10 times, but will do it once more tomorrow to make sure it is nothing visuable wrong with the board.

Xtreme Legend
    Strange, I've done fresh installs and switch CPUs all the time, never seen that :S

Have a good look at the socket pins, not sure what else u could try
    Team.AU
    Got tube?
    GIGABYTE Australia
    Need a GIGABYTE bios or support?

I am Xtreme
    yea I just tested and had no issues changing from 3570K to 3770K and back to 3570K, all i did was boot into windows, then shut down pull out the plug and then change out the CPU, did it three times and no issue.

Xtreme Legend
    blossa has a 0.2 rev board, who knows what the deal is, it isn't representative of the retail board.
    Team.AU
    Got tube?
    GIGABYTE Australia

I am Xtreme
    oh lol i didn't see him mention that.

I am Xtreme
    First off this is my first post here, so hello to all. I was a visitor here for quite some time before registered but now i've decided to join in on the conversation..

At any rate, I'm experiencing a different issue with my z77 ud5h and was wondering if anyone might shed some light on it...

Any time I reboot, the system shuts down entirely, stays off for ~5 seconds, then turns back on. There's never any boot failures or anything like that, but it just doesn't seem normal to me,.. I've never seen my z68 UD4 do this. I'm currently using the F6i but have used/tried the F6h as well.

Additionally, I cant stop the multiplier from jumping all around when I'm running stress tests in windows. When I run P95 or IBT with 45x multi, the multi jumps all around like to42x, down to 34x, up to 39x, back down to 36x, up to 45x, etc. Ive tried various combinations of enabling/disabling EIST, C1E, C3C6, and turboboost. This makes no sense why it is behaving this way.

Any takers?
    Last edited by michaelrw; 04-22-2012 at 12:50 AM. Reason: added another question

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sin0822 View Post
    oh lol i didn't see him mention that.
    LOL Sorry for not mentioning that.

Still a bit wierd to me though that 3770 works but not 3570k, but I guess it not worth digging more into it as I have the revision that I have.

Xtreme Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by michaelrw View Post
    Any time I reboot, the system shuts down entirely, stays off for ~5 seconds, then turns back on. There's never any boot failures or anything like that, but it just doesn't seem normal to me,.. I've never seen my z68 UD4 do this. I'm currently using the F6i but have used/tried the F6h as well.

Additionally, I cant stop the multiplier from jumping all around when I'm running stress tests in windows. When I run P95 or IBT with 45x multi, the multi jumps all around like to42x, down to 34x, up to 39x, back down to 36x, up to 45x, etc. Ive tried various combinations of enabling/disabling EIST, C1E, C3C6, and turboboost. This makes no sense why it is behaving this way.

Any takers?
    unplug all devices that are not necessary, just a bare setup and see if it still does it. What PSU and RAM are you using?

for OC make sure you disable turbo and all the other options in Advanced settings and multi should stick
    Team.AU
    Got tube?
    GIGABYTE Australia

Hi,

nice board i want to switch from my asus p8p67. But just one question.

Is it right that i will have 16x 2.0 bandwidth on pcie 1+2 with the z77 while running 2 gfx?

That would be a reason for me to switch cause with my p67 it is only 8x 2.0 now running 2x 680 sli and that sucks.
    Mainboard: Gigabyte Z77X-UD5H
    CPU: Intel i5 3570k 4.8 Ghz
    Memory: G.Skill DDR3-2200
    GFX: 2 x 680 GTX SLI
    PSU: Enermax Revolution 85+ 1200W
    Sound: Auzen Hometheater HD
    Display: LG W3000H 30" 2560x1600 + 2x 1200x1600 portrait mode
    Cooling:
    CPU: Heatkiller 3.0 + 3x EK Waterblock

Xtreme Legend
    You will get 16 pcie 3.0 lanes on Z77 with the new chip or 2x8X pcie3.0 in sli
    Team.AU
    Got tube?
    GIGABYTE Australia

ok and pcie 8x 3.0 has same bandwidth like pcie 16x 2.0 ?
    Am i right ?
    Mainboard: Gigabyte Z77X-UD5H
    CPU: Intel i5 3570k 4.8 Ghz
    Memory: G.Skill DDR3-2200
    GFX: 2 x 680 GTX SLI
    PSU: Enermax Revolution 85+ 1200W
    Sound: Auzen Hometheater HD
    Display: LG W3000H 30" 2560x1600 + 2x 1200x1600 portrait mode
    Cooling:
    CPU: Heatkiller 3.0 + 3x EK Waterblock

Xtreme Legend
    Theoretical is 5G vs 8G
    Team.AU
    Got tube?
    GIGABYTE Australia

I am Xtreme
    Quote Originally Posted by dinos22 View Post
    unplug all devices that are not necessary, just a bare setup and see if it still does it. What PSU and RAM are you using?

for OC make sure you disable turbo and all the other options in Advanced settings and multi should stick
    yeah I just pulled the block off, pulled out the chip and ram, reinstalled said chip and ram, remounted block, everything is good now. Thanks

I am Xtreme
    Can anyone shed light on the importance/relevance of the "cpu phase control" (balanced, perf, high perf, xtreme, etc.) and "Vcore response" (fast, normal, standard) and "CPU Pver Current Protection" (standard, low, med, high, turbo, xtreme). Never had a board with these options..

Ive been testing out different settings, but not really seeing much diff, although im not pushing things too hard right now.. 101 BCLK x 46 @ 1.37

Edit: also, PWM Frequency... Iv'e seen this before but never really messed with it. Isn't it pretty much a tool for CB/CBB on extreme cooling?
    Last edited by michaelrw; 04-22-2012 at 09:38 AM.

I am Xtreme
    hey michael, is your stuff still jumping? What is your Vcore?

Can you set these for me to see if they make a difference:
    Under 3D power menu:
    Set CPU Current Capability to: Extreme
    Set Phase control to: Extreme Perf.

I am thinking something is throttling your CPU frequency and no its not ratio change in OS, it is most likely Intel power savings or something else, here is what your advanced menu should look like:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	advanced.jpg 
Views:	351 
Size:	95.6 KB 
ID:	125567

If after doing that it doesn't stick, try to tweak those 3D power settings i showed.

I am Xtreme
    Quote Originally Posted by sin0822 View Post
    hey michael, is your stuff still jumping? What is your Vcore?

I am thinking something is throttling your CPU frequency and no its not ratio change in OS, it is most likely Intel power savings or something else
    no more jumping. I think there may have been a hair from my dog stuck in the TIM or something, because yeah I think it was throttling too. I remounted and reseated and everything is nice and stable now.

I am Xtreme
    ahh okay cool.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345