Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Identify PCB components.

Xtreme Member

Identify PCB components.

Need to know what the components are in this pcb and what the legends are for them but most importantly what component b603 is and whether or not it can be fixed manually with the right tools. Il let yous ponder to what it is as well haha just for kicks.

pdf of the component.
    http://www.gblcd.com/datacenter/au/T400XW01.pdf

Xtreme Member
    Its a board from a TV obviously The burnt part is most likely a resistor. If you're good at soldering, you might be able to do it.
    Why yes, yes I do use Koolance..*Flame Wall Inbound*

Xtreme Member
    Its a tv processor yea, i was thinking it was a resistor but its really small so i dont know if soldering is possible ??.

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by [DANGERDAN] View Post
    Its a tv processor yea, i was thinking it was a resistor but its really small so i dont know if soldering is possible ??.
    The problem is that it was made by a machine, so its probably going to be excessively difficult to solder, but I imagine it would be possible.

c[_]
    General purpose (base) Zener it looks like: http://www.marsport.org.uk/smd/mainframe.htm and http://www.marsport.org.uk/smd/mainframe.htm

Pretty easy to solder with a decent pencil iron and some patience... or 30 seconds at a tv repair shop

B: Base
    R: Resistor
    C: Capacitor

though I admit I learn this SMD stuff as I go... :p

edit - if you find out what exactly it is and dont want to repair it with a SMD part you can scrape the PCB tracks and attach a full size component.. usually.

All along the watchtower the watchmen watch the eternal return.

I am Xtreme
    B603 is an inductor not a resistor. LC resonant circuits. Some boards have circuit diagrams. The pdf you link does not help. That's easily replaceable if you have good soldering equipment and some practice.

Xtreme Member
    can i wing it lool ?

c[_]
    +knowledge

because B is for Inductor.. wtf lol

I am Xtreme
    just ask a tv repair guy to replace it. he's got the replacement and bam your good to go.

@stevil thats good stuff

smd code isn't the same as locator number on pcb but they're very similar like R and C.

Xtreme Member
    Yea i might give that a shot, i can get the replacement part for $50 but this might be easier.

Xtreme Member
    Are the inductor chips all the same in their size groups or are there different ones and will i need to know what type i need for that replacement ???.

c[_]
    different, usually identified by color.

brown is a value of 1 with multiplier 10... so that'd be 10nH (nanoHenry) if what i'm teaching myself is correct. http://parts.digikey.ca/1/3/10nh-inductor

edit - here's the color codes http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electronic_color_code

edit - Are those black or dark brown?
    Last edited by STEvil; 03-17-2012 at 01:11 AM.

I am Xtreme
    if you have a multimeter try checking B601, its a similar LC circuit. what you'll confirm is that its an inductor or not. i don't remember if you can measure inductance-in-circut. if B601 acts like a short(low resistance) then its an inductor but we won't know its value lol.

Xtreme Member
    The thing is mega bloody small there's no way i can get the multimetre to work on it. The tv guy should be able to tell what it is though right i can just leave it up to him to replace . ??

Xtreme Member
    The thing is mega bloody small there's no way i can get the multimetre to work on it. The tv guy should be able to tell what it is though right i can just leave it up to him to replace . ??
    That would probably be best.

Xtreme Member
    Only managed to find one place who could repair it but he was indicating that he needs to know what the chip is, sort of indicating that he could not identify it. So how will i be able to do that now lol, he said he could order the chip in i think if he gets the chip model etc.

Xtreme Member
    Might just be time to order the whole new board, lmao.

Xtreme Member
    hahaha must be, can you ask the big guy for some help ? lol. Only $50-80 should be all good.

Xtreme Member
    hahaha must be, can you ask the big guy for some help ? lol. Only $50-80 should be all good.
    He isn't answering, as usual

c[_]
    he could unsolder B601 (unless you can measure inductors in a circuit that is, need to check that) and check it.

Xtremeish
    First thing to do in these circumstances is either call or e-mail the company that makes this LCD and ask them. This has worked for me before and may save some time.
    Then there is the problem of what else was damaged in the process, you cannot see if a Ceramic component is broken from the outside with the naked eye, nor an Integrated Circuit for that matter.

On guessing the size your best bet is to solder of the one one the other side and hope it's the same. Measure it alone like Hondacity mentioned, then:
    To get the inductance put the component in a RLC circuit and then use both an Oscilloscope and a frequency generator. This way you can find the resonance frequency of the circuit, and since you know C and R then L should be easy to find.

Formulas here:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RLC_circuit
    Aber ja, naturlich Hans nass ist, er steht unter einem Wasserfall - James May
    Hardware: Gigabyte GA-Z87M-D3H, Intel i5 4670k @ 4GHz, Crucial DDR3 BallistiX, Asus GTX 770 DirectCU II, Corsair HX 650W, Samsung 830 256GB, Silverstone Precision -|- Cooling: Noctua NH-C12P SE14

doesnt look bad, at worst thats a 402 smd which is about the smallest a human can solder by hand. takes a lot of patience too
    Intel C2Q Q9550 2.83ghz :: Intel DQ45CB :: 4 x 2gb OCZ DDR2 PC2-8500 Reaper HPC :: ASUS EAH5850 :: Thermaltake TR2 RX 750w :: Western Digital Caviar Black 4 x 750gb in RAID 10
    Intel e3-1235 3.3ghz :: Intel s1200kp :: 4gb kingston hyperX 1600mhz :: WD 500gb Cavier Green
    Intel i7-3770k 4.4ghz :: msi z77ma-g45 :: 8 gb patriot Signature 1600mhz :: 160gb WD Cavier :: 5830 + 5870 CF :: Antec Earthwatts 650w

"...all men die, and no brave man lets death frighten him from his desire..."

I am Xtreme
    assuming its an inductor. you can just short that busted component. signal should still pass thru. quick fix to try but i don't think it will function 100%

inductors are usually marked with "L" though. never seen a B symbol for anything but a battery; which makes me confused by this. unless you ask the manufacturer for a schematic or BOM
    Intel C2Q Q9550 2.83ghz :: Intel DQ45CB :: 4 x 2gb OCZ DDR2 PC2-8500 Reaper HPC :: ASUS EAH5850 :: Thermaltake TR2 RX 750w :: Western Digital Caviar Black 4 x 750gb in RAID 10
    Intel e3-1235 3.3ghz :: Intel s1200kp :: 4gb kingston hyperX 1600mhz :: WD 500gb Cavier Green
    Intel i7-3770k 4.4ghz :: msi z77ma-g45 :: 8 gb patriot Signature 1600mhz :: 160gb WD Cavier :: 5830 + 5870 CF :: Antec Earthwatts 650w

"...all men die, and no brave man lets death frighten him from his desire..."

I am Xtreme
    assuming its an zener diode. you can also short it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast