Thread: Cosmos II Watercooling 2012

Xtreme Member

Cosmos II Watercooling 2012

So after mulling over my water cooling choices I have settled on a internal build with my thinner Koolance Radiators. This is a recycle build with a majority of my parts were taken from my last water cooling rig, may you rot in hell GTX 295 failures :|. Anywho check the list of parts.

Case: Cosmos II (should have got the NZXT Switch 810, but meh)
    Motherboard: Asus Crosshair V Formula
    Memory: 16GB (4GBx4sticks) 1600 DDR3 Corsair Dominator
    CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 965 Quad Core (may look at 8core in the future, but for now the Quad works just fine)
    Hard Drive 1: Corsair P128 SSD
    Hard Drive 2: Western Digital 300GB Velociraptor
    Hard Drive 3: Western Digital 300GB Velociraptor
    Hard Drive 4: Samsung 500GB HDD
    Hard Drive 5: Western Digital 1.5TB Cavalier Green
    Video Card: Sapphire AMD HD 7970 (reference board)
    Optical: Random SATA DVD Burner
    Power Supply: Enermax 1050Watt

Water Cooling Parts:
    CPU Waterblock: Koolance CPU-360 (lets hope it passes its leak check when I go buy some distilled water from the store this week, I just reassembled after a long cleaning)
    GPU Waterblock: Koolance VID-AR797 (will order Thursday)
    Radiator 1: Koolance 360 Copper 30FPI Radiator (needs to be cleaned, painted, and leak tested)
    Radiator 2: Koolance 240 Copper 30FPI Radiator (needs to be cleaned, painted, and leak tested)
    Pump: Koolance 450 w/ pump top
    Reservoir: EK 140 Multi
    Fans: Varied
    Fittings: 13mm compressions, varied
    Fluid: Clear Koolance Fluid (will order Thursday)
    Tubing: 13mm blue Koolance tubing (will order Thursday)

CPU>drain vent>Reservoir>240 rad>pump>GPU>360>CPU

Well you have seen the parts so here are some pictures of the set up and the parts I have atm.

Other fans are not pictured XD

Salamander Company Champion request the radiator be clensed of taint

Clean wiring

Mmmm clean wiring

360 will go right here *points*

one of the delta fans might go here at the exhaust

240 radiator with two delta fans will hang out in the basement, along with the pump.

No cutting or hacking or modding is planned.
    Last edited by RedFang300; 03-10-2012 at 08:42 PM.
    Famous Quote from a Random Friend,"You can't spell Success without Excess."

0.o wait... you are using Liquid Awesome? I told you to not melt down Michael Bay!

Xtreme Member
    Update! 14 Mar 2012

All parts have been ordered, once they arrive I will be assembling out of system and doing a full system run with distilled water, also I got some vinigar so I can clean out the radiators. Once the cleaning and system tests are done, checking for any possible leaks, the parts will be installed

0.o wait... you are using Liquid Awesome? I told you to not melt down Michael Bay!

Xtreme Member
    Update! 15 Mar 2012

Got my radiators and filled them with some vinegar for a hour then flushed them with distilled water

NOOOOOOO... my 240 radiator has sprung a leak.... darn it. Now I'm going to need to order a new one, and if I am going to get a new 240 I might as well just get a new thing 360 because as you can see in the pictures, they are rather beat up. :| this will slow everything down. Oh well best to find this out now, rather than later.

Last edited by RedFang300; 03-15-2012 at 05:12 PM.

Xtreme Member
    :| You dare leak on me Koolance Radiator... you will meet hammer. Oh you want to try and defend your little friend 360 Radiator, you get the hammer too.

*dusts off hands and goes back to his computer, and looks for replacements...* hmmm XSPC radiators, yes, those will be ordered

Xtreme Member
    Update 19 Mar 2012

I tested the pump, res, and CPU block for leaks, and they passed.

Xtreme Member
    Lmao, hammertime.
    Why yes, yes I do use Koolance..*Flame Wall Inbound*

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RedFang300 View Post
    :| You dare leak on me Koolance Radiator... you will meet hammer. Oh you want to try and defend your little friend 360 Radiator, you get the hammer too.
    *laughs*, My koolance res leaked once... burned out the electronics in there AIO pump/res/controll module...

I should of used a hammer.. LOL
    | Asus P8p67- Pro | Intel i7-2600k | 16GB G.Skill DDR3 1600mhz |Ati 5870 | Asus Xonar STX | Corsair AX850 | Raid 0 2xCrucial M4 128gb SSD | 2xWD20EARS,3xHitatchi5k3000 |
    | Coolermaster ATCS 840 | XSPC Rx360 | 8x Scythe Gentle Typhoon AP-15 | Swiftech Apogee XT | EK-5870 | Laing DDC 3.2 +Ek X-top V.2 | Ek-Res 150 |
    | Aquaero 4.0 with Powerboost | Bitspower Shinny Silver Compression Fittings | Primochill LRT 7/16 Blue |
    | Dell U2410 | Klipsch Promedia | AKG K702 |

Xtreme Member
    Update! 3/23/2012

My order of watercooling parts has arrived! :| If my radiators hadn't leaked I would be building by now, but alas they did, and I will have to wait to order the radiators till next friday. Oh well, not in any hurry, system works good on Air... >.> just not as good as if can XD

Banned
    I would not use vinegar to clean anything unless your desperate. Even then, 30 mins tops and I would flush it with a ton of distilled.

Sent from my LG-P925 using Tapatalk

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by matari View Post
    I would not use vinegar to clean anything unless your desperate. Even then, 30 mins tops and I would flush it with a ton of distilled.

Sent from my LG-P925 using Tapatalk
    I hadn't used those radiators in years, was pretty sure they were compromised before the testing and cleaning. I posted up earlier I put them in for a hour, but in my haste it was really just over 30 minutes. Of course, poor packing by my moving company a year ago resulted in bashed up radiators . Meh, gives me an excuse to order new stuff XD

Xtreme Addict
    Yeah seriously use vinegar for no more than 10 mins in rads, 1 hour even 30 mins is way too long. Just for future reference
    Sandy Bridge 2500k @ 4.5ghz 1.28v | MSI p67a-gd65 B3 Mobo | Samsung ddr3 8gb |
    Swiftech apogee drive II | Coolgate 120| GTX660ti w/heat killer gpu x| Seasonic x650 PSU

QX9650 @ 4ghz | P5K-E/WIFI-AP Mobo | Hyperx ddr2 1066 4gb | EVGA GTX560ti 448 core FTW @ 900mhz | OCZ 700w Modular PSU |
    DD MC-TDX CPU block | DD Maze5 GPU block | Black Ice Xtreme II 240 Rad | Laing D5 Pump

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CrazyNutz View Post
    Yeah seriously use vinegar for no more than 10 mins in rads, 1 hour even 30 mins is way too long. Just for future reference
    :*( but in the Informations/Guides section under Guide to Water and Leak Testing says 1 hour "should be ok" so I halfed that, I don't believe it was the vinegar that ruined the radiators, I believe it was the damage sustained during moving.

Xtreme Member
    Update 3/31/2012

I ordered two new XSPC radiators, one a thin 360 and the other a thick 240. They will be here late next week.

Xtreme Member
    Update 5 April 2012 I got all the parts I will need to assemble my system other than a few bolts I am picking up tomorrow, so saturday is the day this will go down

Xtreme Member
    Nice.

Xtreme Member
    Update April 7 2012

Look... there is a pile of parts on the horizon!

Eyefinity!

They approve

I'm about to get fat?

Before

During

After

Now, begins the waiting and watching for leaks... wait... I found one

Its super slow, and I know the o-ring is good, I'm starting to think it wasn't a leak, just some spilled liquid pooling up under the thread. I'll keep a eye on it.

Xtreme Member
    I don't want to drain the system and install a flow indicator so I lowered the level of fluid in the res, but I would rather it be full. Is there something I can put inside the res, like a tiny rubber duck or something that won't get sucked into the system but will still show me its moving?