Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: The New Ipad

Diablo 3! Who's Excited?
    Tone down the personal attacks before I go swinging my banhammer while simultaneously watching HTML5 streamimg :banana::banana::banana::banana: on my iSheep5.

Baa.

edit: streaming :banana::banana::banana::banana: via html5 is the only interesting thing I've read in this thread.

Nerdy Powerlifter
    Quote Originally Posted by BeepBeep2 View Post
    Do you sit 18 inches or less from your 22" CRT?
    ppi only matters when you bring the screen closer to your face. That's exactly why the new 4.8 inch Samsung 1080p 459ppi phone display will be 4.8 inches of useless. (Not to mention horrible blue color shift and over-saturation of AMOLED displays)

When I argued about 300dpi prints earlier and how many megapixels you need for them (2 / 7 for 4x6 / 8x10) I was struck down and told to "go to a class" though, yet we're all for higher dpi on displays?

To make use of 460ppi, you need to hold your phone 8 inches or less from your face. Who (the eff) does that?
    I'm about 3' from my pair of 30". I've used my HTC Evo on a table which was about 1' from my face. Rarely closer. I'm that weirdo guy who uses phones close, especially when I can't sleep at night.

I also think the standards for how far you need to be from larger 1080p screens (50" or greater) are far off from reality.

About the 22", I probably sat about 2' from it due to how thick the damn thing was. Any farther away and I just couldn't read it, lol.
    You must [not] advance.

Current Rig: i7 4790k @ stock (**** TIM!) , Zotac GTX 1080 WC'd 2214mhz core / 5528mhz Mem, Asus z-97 Deluxe

Heatware

Xtreme Cruncher
    Quote Originally Posted by BeepBeep2 View Post
    Do you sit 18 inches or less from your 22" CRT?
    ppi only matters when you bring the screen closer to your face. That's exactly why the new 4.8 inch Samsung 1080p 459ppi phone display will be 4.8 inches of useless. (Not to mention horrible blue color shift and over-saturation of AMOLED displays, making people think blue = white)

When I argued about 300dpi prints earlier and how many megapixels you need for them (2 / 7 for 4x6 / 8x10) I was struck down and suggested to "go to a class" though, yet we're all for higher dpi on displays?

To make use of 460ppi, you need to hold your phone 8 inches or less from your face. Who (the eff) does that?
    I like the ppi of the retina displays. I wish more devices had similar ppi. I can notice it from a foot away or more.

And I am currently making this post from my phone holding it less than 8"from my face

Yin|Gigabyte GA-Z68X-UD5-B3|Swiftech XT -> GTX240 -> DDC+ w/ Petra's|2600K @ 5.0GHz @1.368V |4 x 4 GB G.Skill Eco DDR3-1600-8-8-8-24|Asus DirectCUII GTX670|120 GB Crucial M4|2 x 2 TB Seagate LP(Raid-0)|Plextor 755-SA|Auzentech Prelude 7.1|Seasonic M12-700|Lian-Li PC-6077B (Heavily Modded)

Squire|Shuttle SD36G5M| R.I.P.

Xtreme 3D Team
    Quote Originally Posted by Bun-Bun View Post
    And I am currently making this post from my phone holding it less than 8"from my face
    Interesting

I find it uncomfortable to hold my phone much less than ~10 inches away unless I'm hunched over and its sitting on a desk. I think it's a weird position to be in.
    Smile

Xtreme Cruncher
    I hold it up to my face. Not hunched over. Or laying down using it one handed on the surface I am laying on. Only time it's far away is if I'm walking holding it arms length away.

Yin|Gigabyte GA-Z68X-UD5-B3|Swiftech XT -> GTX240 -> DDC+ w/ Petra's|2600K @ 5.0GHz @1.368V |4 x 4 GB G.Skill Eco DDR3-1600-8-8-8-24|Asus DirectCUII GTX670|120 GB Crucial M4|2 x 2 TB Seagate LP(Raid-0)|Plextor 755-SA|Auzentech Prelude 7.1|Seasonic M12-700|Lian-Li PC-6077B (Heavily Modded)

Xtreme Addict
    Higher resolution is revolutionary? They arn't even the ones making the panels.
    I agree with what you are saying in terms that Apple do not make the panels (perhaps LG Philips or Samsung or someone else makes them), however kudos for Apple for having the idea to significantly raise the resolution of their iPads.

The rest of your post is exactly why I dislike Apple. A lack of SDCard Slot, lack of USB Slot and lack of ability to simply plug in your iPad to a PC and use as a generic removable hard drive are in my opinion a major under sight by Apple and this is why I like Android
    John
    Stop looking at the walls, look out the window

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by [XC] gomeler View Post
    Tone down the personal attacks before I go swinging my banhammer while simultaneously watching HTML5 streamimg :banana::banana::banana::banana: on my iSheep5.

Baa.

edit: streaming :banana::banana::banana::banana: via html5 is the only interesting thing I've read in this thread.
    Since when the ban form a random forum became a thread i will never understand.
    Does anyone really cares about his account.
    The humanity is failing

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnZS View Post
    I agree with what you are saying in terms that Apple do not make the panels (perhaps LG Philips or Samsung or someone else makes them), however kudos for Apple for having the idea to significantly raise the resolution of their iPads.

The rest of your post is exactly why I dislike Apple. A lack of SDCard Slot, lack of USB Slot and lack of ability to simply plug in your iPad to a PC and use as a generic removable hard drive are in my opinion a major under sight by Apple and this is why I like Android
    John
    Indeed. Apple is never the first to invent something, but I do like that they adopt other company's inventions into their products sooner, forcing their competitors to play catch up. Works great for consumers regardless of whether you like apple or not.
    Quote Originally Posted by informal View Post
    Today: "MPAA threatens to disconnect Google from the Internet"
    Tomorrow: "Google removes MPAA term from its search engine"
    Day after tomorrow: "No one remembers who or what MPAA is , nor cares anymore"

Xtreme Enthusiast
    The ONE and ONLY good thing about the new iPad is they have just cut $100 USD off the price of the iPad 2 here in Shanghai. I expect an even bigger cut in price on the iPad 2 in HongKong when I vist in April. No one is going to want to buy the "OLD" iPad when there is a new one available.

I may even buy the 64GB 3G iPad 2 myself for $300, a fair price if you ask me for any iPad.
    24/7 PC CoolerMaster CM690 + 7 fans(its HOT as HELL in Shanghai) Intel Xeon E3 1230 3.3-3.7Ghz, 2x8GB DDR3 1600 G-Skill, HD GT630 2GB, Scandisk Pro 256SSD 2x2TB Green, 2x 3TB WD Green Data Drives. HTPC Q8400, EP45 UD3L 4x1GB Gskill6400, 1xWD Black 640GB,2x2TB WD Green, 2xWD 1TB Blue(RAID1), Sapphire 4530 512MB,

Computers have enabled people to make more mistakes faster than almost any invention in history, with the possible exception of tequila and hand guns.

Mitch Ratcliffe, U.S. technology journalist and blogger

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Worldwide delay..............The new iPad now ships in 2 to 3 weeks,it looks like it is a worldwide issue.
    We will probably see candlelight vigils in front of Apple shops across the world from now.

Xtreme Addict
    candlelights haha
    Vishera 8320@ 5ghz | Gigabyte UD3 | 8gb TridentX 2400 c10| Powercolor 6850 | Thermalight Silver Arrow (bench Super KAZE 3k) | Samsung 830 128gbx2 Raid 0| Fractal case

Aussie God
    Quote Originally Posted by M.Beier View Post
    Exactly my thoughts...
    Well atleast it is not about what a bad man Steve Jobs was.... Yet...
    Sigh, I predicted the future.
    Competition ranking;
    2005; Netbyte, Karise/Denmark #1 @ PiFast
    2008; AOCM II, Minfeld/Germany #2 @ 01SE/AM3/8M (w. Oliver)
    2009; AMD-OC, Viborg/Denmark #2 @ max freq Gigabyte TweaKING, Paris/France #4 @ 32M/01SE (w. Vanovich)
    2010: Gigabyte P55, Hamburg/Germany #6 @ wprime 1024/SPI 1M (w. THC) AOCM III, Minfeld/Germany #6 @ 01SE/AM3/1M/8M (w. NeoForce)

Spectating;
    2010; GOOC 2010 Many thanks to Gigabyte!

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Any of the Samsung and Asus tab's. Esspecially the Asus transformer. Better specs, faster, USB support, drag and drop... etc...

I do not blindly follow any product. I look and compare every offering and do my research before ever purchasing anything.

Currently the only tablet that intrigues me at all is the Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.7 but they want way to much money for it.
    Wait what?

The Samsung and ASUS products were better but they came to the market after the ipad did. The ipad came out first. Once that was proven to be a seller everybody and their dog jumped onto the gravy train with android tablets.

And this again creates the problem where an individual android product might be better, but the platform as a whole is a mess. Most people have better things to do with their time than make computer tech a hobby. Like go on a date, learn to boat, work on your car, get another degree, take up gardening, go wine tasting, make beer, learn to paint. At which point hunting through the 40+ droid products to pick the diamond out of the turds is a waste of time compared to "ipad, just works".

People buy what works for them. Hell, I could probably save more money in life and waste less time if I worried about fashion and clothes brands, but I don't really care. I just buy what works. Oh no!
    AMD Phenom II BE, ASUS Crosshair II formula, 8gb ddr2 800, 470 SLI, PC P&C 750, arcera RAID, 4x OCZ Vertex2, 2x samsung 7200 1tb, HT Omega Clario +

Xtreme Cruncher
    I am not refuting that at all. If a piece of technology works better for you for what every reason then of course go with that.

But do not blindly follow a cult of people claiming things about a product that are simply not true.

Xtreme Addict
    What was claimed that isn't true?
    Quote Originally Posted by alacheesu View Post
    If you were consistently able to put two pieces of lego together when you were a kid, you should have no trouble replacing the pump top.

Xtreme Cruncher
    That its the best.

That apple invented or revolutionized the technology.

It may be the best for YOU. But that doesn't make it the best.

Also the claims that apple was the first. Well there were tablets 10 years ago. They were just expensive. So again all propaganda.

Apple may have brought a set of technologies together in a way that is appeasing to the general public and marketed it extremely well... but they did not invent it nor revolutionize it. They just brought it to the masses.

Now the magnetic power connector on their laptops. BRILLIANT!
    Last edited by Bun-Bun; 03-12-2012 at 08:08 PM.

c[_]
    I think the Archos series predates the ipad.. and is better.

All along the watchtower the watchmen watch the eternal return.

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by ice_chill View Post
    I expected it to be more revolutionary.
    Me to... was hoping for a hologram pad - Steve Jobs would have done it...

Quote Originally Posted by STEvil View Post
    I think the Archos series predates the ipad.. and is better.
    Not really, since it's not Apple - never heard of Archos before... using something like that would hurt the pride of some people. ^^
    Last edited by XSAlliN; 03-13-2012 at 07:10 AM.

PI in the face
    ive had an ipad2 since release and let me tell you, there is nothing better to do while you're taking a dump... should have been named the ipadDEUCE
    Quote Originally Posted by L0ud View Post
    So many opinions and so few screenshots

Are there any new or reliable rumors regarding the Samsung tablet that is supposed to be 2560x1600? That seems like such over-kill to me, I mean, the pixels on my 30'' monitor of that resolution are already tiny.

And then that seems like gaming on a tablet would be harder to do, since you need to power so many more pixels.
    Windows 10 - x64
    Intel i7 3930k Sandy Bridge-E @ 4.20GHz
    ASUS Rampage IV Formula
    16 GB G.Skill Ripjaws 2133
    2x EVGA GeForce 1080 Ti : SLi
    Samsung 840 EVO
    70'' Vizio @ 2160x3840
    3x 30" Dell @ 2560x1600
    ASUS Xonar DG
    SteelSeries Arctis Wireless Pro

c[_]
    Quote Originally Posted by Natalia View Post
    Are there any new or reliable rumors regarding the Samsung tablet that is supposed to be 2560x1600? That seems like such over-kill to me, I mean, the pixels on my 30'' monitor of that resolution are already tiny.

And then that seems like gaming on a tablet would be harder to do, since you need to power so many more pixels.
    Hint: Samsung manufactures the Ipad3's screen

All along the watchtower the watchmen watch the eternal return.

Xtreme Addict
    I loooooooathe HTML5 and everything that supports it. Flash and Desktop PCs are the only way.

Behold, and bow down before our true masters, the glorious Desktop PC Gaming/Workstation master race!
    \Project\ Triple Surround Fury
    Case:
    Mountain Mods Ascension (modded)
    CPU: i7 920 @ 4GHz + EK Supreme HF (plate #1)
    GPU: GTX 670 3-Way SLI + XSPC Razor GTX670 water blocks
    Mobo: ASUS Rampage III Extreme + EK FB R3E water block
    RAM: 3x 2GB Mushkin Enhanced Ridgeback DDR3 @ 6-8-6-24 1T
    SSD: Crucial M4 256GB, 0309 firmware
    PSU: 2x Corsair HX1000s on separate circuits
    LCD: 3x ASUS VW266H 26" Nvidia Surround @ 6030 x 1200
    Games: AoE II: HD, BF4, MKKE, MW2 via FourDeltaOne (Domination all day!)

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Natalia View Post
    It's not hard. It's impossible... even for SGX543MP2 which is still very slow comparing to slowest PC graphics chips. As usual, the games will be writen in low resolution (800x600 or 1024x768) and then will be scalled up (interpolated) to higher resolution. Also I wonder what resolution will be reported by native browser.

Xtreme Addict
    Well I sure wish I would have thought ahead and max'd my pre-order instead of getting just 1. I could have paid for mine by selling 3 on ebay!
    Quote Originally Posted by alacheesu View Post
    If you were consistently able to put two pieces of lego together when you were a kid, you should have no trouble replacing the pump top.

Quote Originally Posted by UrbanSmooth View Post
    I loooooooathe HTML5 and everything that supports it. Flash and Desktop PCs are the only way.

Behold, and bow down before our true masters, the glorious Desktop PC Gaming/Workstation master race!

Flash is a bloated buggy piece of , even on desktops. The sooner we move away from that stupid crap and get to the html 5 standard the better.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast