Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Asus Maximus V Formula and Gene pictured - LN2 on next-gen Intel CPU included

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Micutzu View Post
    Sorry mate, i touched it and looked at it and it seemed Al, not sure though.
    No problem, it's just that I was so upset that I freaked out.
    I actually envy you, you looked at it and touched it, the rest of the mortals will have to wait for June.

I am Xtreme
    yea the name setup seems pretty good to me, makes sense. I know K404 got it perfectly correct with the naming!

Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by sin0822 View Post
    who is the dude?
    AndreYang

Quote Originally Posted by sin0822 View Post
    BTW cool board, so full pot?
    Almost, -170 to -180 should be ok for high clocks
    Born to lose, live to win!

I am Xtreme
    wtf oh yeah

I am Xtreme
    Quote Originally Posted by matose View Post
    AndreYang

Almost, -170 to -180 should be ok for high clocks
    gratsi I didn't know what he looked like.

Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Raja@ASUS View Post
    Not correct

Some of this info should not really be out at this point anyways. Creates a mess for us all round.
    On the official page it says copper waterpipe and anodised aluminium heatsink, wich doesn't contradict my statement like your post does, it looks really bad for you as a company official to play with disinformation like that.

Xtreme X.I.P.
    On the official page it says copper waterpipe and anodised aluminium heatsink, wich doesn't contradict my statement like your post does, it looks really bad for you as a company official to play with disinformation like that.

Quote Originally Posted by mav2000 View Post
    Is that WB made of copper or Alu?

Pretty sure it's Al, with one heatpipe and one waterpipe integrated.

And this is what then followed:

Quote Originally Posted by El Maņo View Post
    If it's Al then it's beyond useless, it's plainly stupid, an useless increase in fabrication cost. Asus's IQ has dropped to negative numbers if it's finally made of Al.
    The initial question asked about the waterblock/pipe to which you responded it being Alu and made no mention that you were refering to the heatsink only. That was not correct, the pipe is Cu. Not to mention the other stuff that had to be edited

The water makes no contact with the heatsink, the question was made relative to the chances of the water passing through an Alu chamber.

The article information was not up at the time these posts were made, so if there were any doubts you should have contacted your local TPR and asked him before posting a "guess". The rest is just semantics, so let's not try to paint it as anything else.
    Last edited by Raja@ASUS; 03-09-2012 at 02:24 AM.
    ASUS North America Technical Marketing - If you are based outside North America and require technical assistance or have a query please contact ASUS Support for your region.

Rampage IV Extreme tweaking guide

ASUS Z77 UEFI Tuning Guide for overclocking

Maximus 5 Gene OC Guide

Maximus VI Series UEFI OC Guide

Champion
    Exactly what I was saying, you shouldn't play with words and leave people to understand something not true, when you are a company official. My statement was true but incomplete, you said only a that it's "not correct", a clear statement wich indirectly led people to understand it's all copper, not true.

As far as editing goes, I don't think anyone edited my posts, the only thing that happened is I edited my own post out of my own will, if you are implying companies are applying censorship on these forums you are again playing with words and damaging your company's image.
    Last edited by Micutzu; 03-09-2012 at 02:35 AM.

Xtreme X.I.P.
    Exactly what I was saying, you shouldn't play with words and leave people to understand something not true, when you are a company official. My statement was true but incomplete, you said only a that it's "not correct", a clear statement wich indirectly led people to understand it's all copper, not true.

As far as editing goes, I don't think anyone edited my posts, the only thing that happened is I edited my own post out of my own will, if you are implying companies are applying censorship on these forums you are again playing with words and damaging your company's image.
    I was talking about your article. Nobody was under the impression the whole sink was copper, they were however under the impression the waterpipe was made of Alu as evidenced above. I am not going to get into semantics.

I will finish off here with this: Had that incomplete post not have been made I would not have had to step in. Please, next time contact your TPR if you are unsure of anything before discussing specifications & NDA information. I think we can both agree that it is a good idea to do so
    Last edited by Raja@ASUS; 03-09-2012 at 02:43 AM.
    ASUS North America Technical Marketing - If you are based outside North America and require technical assistance or have a query please contact ASUS Support for your region.

Rampage IV Extreme tweaking guide

ASUS Z77 UEFI Tuning Guide for overclocking

Maximus 5 Gene OC Guide

Maximus VI Series UEFI OC Guide

Xtreme Cruncher
    I was talking about your article. Nobody was under the impression the whole sink was copper, they were however under the impression the waterpipe was made of Alu as evidenced above. I am not going to get into semantics.

I will finish off here with this: Had that incomplete post not have been made I would not have had to step in. Please, next time contact your TPR if you are unsure of anything before discussing specifications & NDA information. I think we can both agree that it is a good idea to do so
    After reading your comment I was under that impression.

Sorry but I've gotta side with Micutzu here. He made it clear that he was not sure, but he thought it was Al. If he's wrong, that's fine. (Whether or not he was wrong depends on how far into semantics you want to go, but by saying he touched it and it felt like Al, it's clear he's talking about the HS)

Your comment that he was wrong and your comment in this thread:
    It's Cu.
    With no context other than the comments above (which discuss the heatsink, heat pipe AND the WB) is clearly misleading.

It is nice to have official representatives on the forum, but as a representative you are held to a higher standard - If you say something in fact it must be true and it cannot be misleading.

Not meaning to jump on you, it just leaves a bad taste in my mouth when people with company affiliations mislead consumers.

24 hour prime stable? Please, I'm 24/7/365 WCG stable!

So you can do Furmark, Can you Grid???

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12