Thread: Running MJ-12 on Linux x64

Threaded View

Xtreme Legend

Running MJ-12 on Linux x64

Now that refic has bundled MJ ready for download I wondered if one of you fine folk (you know who you are) would be kind enough to run through the steps needed to run MJ on a fresh install of one of the Ubuntu derivatives.

I saw and understood the part about adding libraries using;

sudo apt-get install ia32-libs

Otherwise it will not work.

To prove the system I am currently running WCG and to date apart from having to change voltages for the overclock all is well

I was also advised to;

sudo apt-get install screen

Although I am not sure what this does.

I have downloaded refic's build to my downloads folder but whilst I believe I understand what issues are caused by dependencies I do not know how best to proceed.

If one of you folks would walk me through WHERE to install this and WHY and maybe just as important is HOW (is it just a case of unpack it in a certain place?), once I get things working I will install a second node too and post up a guide if I can.

Reading some of the user guide notes for linux Mint it seems that there can be user defined repositories... Anyone know about this?
    Last edited by OldChap; 03-04-2012 at 06:35 AM.

My Biggest Fear Is When I die, My Wife Sells All My Stuff For What I Told Her I Paid For It.
    79 SB threads and 32 IB Threads across 4 rigs 111 threads Crunching!!