Thread: Almost sure my temps are high because of air in rad. How can i be sure and to bleed

Almost sure my temps are high because of air in rad. How can i be sure and to bleed

... the RP-452X2

When i shake my computer i can hear water shaking like from a half empty water bottle. Res is totally full, but doesnt goes down in level when i shake, move or rotate my case. Rad is top mounted and pump/res is at 5.25 slots

I found this thread that the guys is having temps as bad as mine [ http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/...930-triple-rad. ]
    50C idle and 80C load.

But my question is shouldt the air pockets in the rad affect temps in a slower fashion? The temps shoot up to 75C almost the second i start linx.

I already remounted the block but didnt get much better to the point im satisfied with the temps, maybe 2C.

I have a raystorm a D5 and a RX360 with regular fans. The weird part is that i placed a delta (i have only one) with 4k rpm and temps didnt get better than my CM R4 fans. Which led me to believe the rad is not working properly.

Pump is 4500rpm

Xtreme Member
    It probably depends on how much air is in the rad. If it's a small pea sized air bubble, the temps probably won't be affected much, but if it's like half the rad, that'll probably give you terrible temps.

Can you lower the pump RPM's? The easiest way is with voltage control. The slower water flow will allow the res to catch the air bubbles.

I would suggest doing the rad shake'n tilt with the rad unmounted from the case.

You could also try draining and retrying, except fill it slower, only fill the res half way full and try to keep the res between a quarter and half until the level no longer drops below half while shaking the rad.
    Cosmos S | Corsair HX1000 | Core i7 920 | DFI X58 | 12GB Super Talent DDR3 1333 Samsung HCH9 | 3x HIS Radeon HD7970 IceQ 2 | VelociRaptor 300GB | BD-RW

TFC360 | HeatKiller 3.0 CPU w/ Koolance Backplate | 2xPMP450S | Koolance 450x2 dual bay res | Swiftech MCR220 + MCR220 Stack | 3x Heatkiller HD7970 Waterblocks | Enzotech NB

Quote Originally Posted by Adamantine View Post
    It probably depends on how much air is in the rad. If it's a small pea sized air bubble, the temps probably won't be affected much, but if it's like half the rad, that'll probably give you terrible temps.

Can you lower the pump RPM's? The easiest way is with voltage control. The slower water flow will allow the res to catch the air bubbles.

I would suggest doing the rad shake'n tilt with the rad unmounted from the case.

You could also try draining and retrying, except fill it slower, only fill the res half way full and try to keep the res between a quarter and half until the level no longer drops below half while shaking the rad.
    Pump is fixed speed, i dont have enought spare tubing to remove the rad without having to remove the tubes

Xtreme Enthusiast
    I'd try to move the case and, once in a different than normal position, power-it up. I'd try to put the radiator below everything else, if possible.
    Quote Originally Posted by NKrader View Post
    im sure bill gates has always wanted OLED Toilet Paper wipe his butt with steve jobs talking about ipad..
    Mini-review: Q6600 vs i5 2500K. Gpu scaling on games.

worse comes to worse, you can pull the rad out and tap it for a bleed screw.

Crunching For The Points! NKrader's Avatar
    thank god for bleeder screws.