Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567

Thread: DT 5Noz waterblock

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Your results show more spread, but are in the same direction as Martin's results.

See post #134, 5Noz is being discontinued, my new waterblock has higher thermal performance
    Last edited by DetroitAC; 06-01-2012 at 03:01 PM.
    You see what you did there? You got between me and the coffee, now this creates a SITUATION!

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Any ETA for the new one ?

Xtreme Enthusiast
    In your tests did you get any flowrates?

"Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds" - (Einstein)

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Wasn't martin's test with the 3930K? I believe he was suggesting that different cpus favor different blocks due to the different amounts of bow required by the IHS's. This could explain it or it could be not waiting long enough for loop temps to stabilize but I doubt it because your H20 temps look stable.. I'll be doing a similar apples to apples with the sniper, 5Noz, raystorm, rasa and EK HF w JP6 soon but with the 3930K probably with indigo xtreme (assuming I can afford enough of it - this will take out any mount or bow effects hopefully), so hopefully we'll get to the bottom of this.

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MadHacker View Post
    In your tests did you get any flowrates?
    last row of my diagram in l/h

Quote Originally Posted by stren View Post
    Wasn't martin's test with the 3930K? I believe he was suggesting that different cpus favor different blocks due to the different amounts of bow required by the IHS's. This could explain it or it could be not waiting long enough for loop temps to stabilize but I doubt it because your H20 temps look stable.. I'll be doing a similar apples to apples with the sniper, 5Noz, raystorm, rasa and EK HF w JP6 soon but with the 3930K probably with indigo xtreme (assuming I can afford enough of it - this will take out any mount or bow effects hopefully), so hopefully we'll get to the bottom of this.
    After all DetroitAC is right. If you compare martins results of EK Supreme HF, Raystorm Copper and DT 5Noz my results are almost the same on socket 1155. So there seem to be no general difference in performance on sockets 1155 + 2011. But I was a little bit confused forecasting the results because I never noticed martins results of the EK HF in comparison to the Raystorm Copper. I would have expected the Raystorm Copper to perform better than the Supreme HF on socket 1155. And accordingly the 5Noz would have been better than the Supreme HF and the Mips block. But this was pure theory based on false expectations. That´s it.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by felix_w View Post
    Any ETA for the new one ?
    Now

Just built some using the few parts I have, will be building a batch of them next week
    You see what you did there? You got between me and the coffee, now this creates a SITUATION!

Just need to decide what setup to put it on....

Thanks DetroitAC

Xtreme Member
    to replace my 5Noz with this or not...
    if only it came in white, and I wanna see temps

Xtreme Addict
    is the inlet and outlet off centered for aesthetic purposes (placement for compression fittings) or is it actually optimal thermally for it to be in this orientation?

Xtreme Member
    how much better is thermal performance?

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Inlet and outlet are spread mostly so that fittings will be easy to use. As far as I know there are not any fittings that are incompatible. To me, that's the way it should be.

The outlet needs to be far off center to clear the large nozzle, and the inlet is spaced about the same to make the block look balanced and give extra fitting room.

I'll start a new thread for Sniper with some pictures of the internals as well as my test results which compare Sniper to Apogee HD and 5Noz. I'd always like to do more and better testing, but I'll share what I have...

Quote Originally Posted by scamps View Post
    As mentioned in the MIPS thread I got my 5Noz today. 30 days for standard postal way ^^ And then 60 km, traffic jam and import taxes to get it from customs office nearby Cologne Airport ^^ No one should tell me I did not enough effort to get this block ... After all I am totally disappointed. I really like the idea of this block with this very special "jetplate", even if it is not the nicest block I know.

Weeks ago I replaced my EK Supreme HF with the new Mips block (had the "Astral" pre-sample as well as the final "Iceforce" - just a difference in name and mounting plate, no difference in block internals and performance). Somewhere in forumdeluxx.de I posted a small comparison of these two blocks. Conclusion: The Mips block is approx. 1 K worse than the EK HF with jetplate #6. After I found this thread and read the review of martin I thought it would be great to have this 5Noz-block. Not as shiny as the Mips, but even better in flow and much better performance. pffft.

Did some testing today. Already had the Mips in my rig, it got only one chance for 1 run. After that the DT 5Noz got 3 remounts, afterwards I was so down, that I decided to test the EK once again in comparison - also just 1 remount to be sure. After all the difference between EK and Mips remained the same. But the 5Noz was absolutely not worth all this effort. There are several blocks with the same performance available. Sorry DetroitAC. And my TIM was perfect (see pictures below). Normally I would have made 4-5 remounts each. But for what?

Testing: (no chance to compete with martin, but this is real world just in my rig)
    i7-2600k @4800, only 1 water temp sensor (cold side of second rad), 1 ambient sensor (in front of cold side of main rad), 1 flow sensor (Koolance @3-pin-mod), all of them analog and only read by Aquaero 5 Pro. Laing DDC with fixed rpms, fans with fixed rpms, ambient temperature kept as stable as possible.
    Fired by prime95, fixed at 10K, FFTs in place for at least approx. 30 minutes, so that the water temps is not moving at all for at least 10 minutes.
    Monitoring: CPU-Z/Aida64/Aquasuite/Coretemp64 in latest versions.

US is still sleeping or what´s the reason that I´m still alive?
    With all those compression fittings I wonder if you are negating the strength of such a high flow block like the 5noz.
    What DDC are you using?

I am curious... there is also the concavity issues ...but by tim it appears you have average contact. (what tim?)

The main reason why I am wanting custom DT blocks for my G34 system is everything I have seen puts him on par performance wise and leagues ahead on flow....
    When you are doing 4 cpu blocks + chipset and 2-3 rads... High flow will take on par performance and bring it ahead...
    Raven | SR5690 G34| "Phenom" II x8 2ghz| OCZ 120gb Vertex| CM 850w | 8gb G.skill DDR3 1600 |cfx 6950| 3x Samsung 2343|
    Harbringer | Tyan S8812 | 4x AMD 61xx ES @ 3ghz | 500gb hitachi | Antec HCP 1200w | 32gb G.skill DDR3 1600 cas 6 | headless hard bringer of doom

Xtreme Guru
    Patrioteagle: configs like 4 cpu blocks and alike might also mean selecting of favorable loop configurations to move results ahead. Most will have one cpu block anyway. I wonder what might be the reason for worse results for scamps vs martin's. I'd try to dig into mounting pressure/bow ineffeciencies/differences, if TIM paste was used. If it was something like IX, then probably that was not the culprit.

Xtreme X.I.P.
    2600k vs 3930k = Apples & Oranges in mechanical contact needs. Also naturally block with low restriction loose more flow rate with additional restriction than blocks with higher restriction so there is some truth to the restriction condition sensitivity. I have always tested in a cpu only plus triple row rad plus 35x pump at 100% for a max performance look but that doesn't represent a multi block complex condition very well. As always the more people who contribute results the better as it gives you a broader set of conditions.

The new block sounds exciting, wish I had the time to test this as well as a few other new ones coming out, but I won't until this fall/winter. Hopefully we can see more excellent testing like scamps provided coming from the forum members to vet out performance on these newest additions..

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Patrioteagle07 View Post
    With all those compression fittings I wonder if you are negating the strength of such a high flow block like the 5noz.
    What DDC are you using? ...
    Have a look at the flow rates. Far enough to get proper results ...
    It´s a DIYINHK-modded DDC (12 W) but even with reduced rpms. I am one of Waterlogged´s "Euro-Testers", prefering silent systems more than the remaining 0,5 K with Triple-DDCs

Quote Originally Posted by Martinm210 View Post
    The new block sounds exciting, wish I had the time to test this as well as a few other new ones coming out, but ...
    Sounds like your holidays become boring already You are welcome

grandpatzer
    A shame it's discontinued, really nice restriction values.
    Really wanted one

The Ninja seems to be slightly better then XSPC Raystorm but the 5Noz is almost like a radiator.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567