Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: DT 5Noz waterblock

Xtreme Member
    Looks like a nice block. ExtremeCustoms pointed it out to me. Might be interested but I would like to see some thumb screws on the posts.

Xtreme Addict

Mayhems Lastest News -> https://www.facebook.com/Mayhems2009

If you need to direct contact me its michael at mayhems dot co dot uk.

Xtreme Member
    YEah baby, much better. How much for shipping to Lake Orion, MI Jk
    I may contact you in the near future.

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DetroitAC View Post
    I'm guessing you mean if the stains from fingerprints don't come out with alcohol? Yes, i think if it's alcohol cleaned and still has stains, they could be regarded as "patina" or normal copper oxidation, can't imagine they would have any measurable effect on performance.
    awesome, thanks. thats exactly how it is. I've wiped it down and it doesnt come off. I assumed its oxidation or something, just didnt know

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by st0ned View Post
    Ok I did went for IX and results are far far better, I'll run prime at the same speed and volts of the previous print screens for the sake of argument, but I'm pointing towards almost 15ºC .
    Still waiting on those screenies

Anyone else have experience (good/bad/otherwise) using this block on IB? I think it's time to retire my Fuzion v1.
    Last edited by ryan92084; 05-03-2012 at 09:33 AM.

Could someone tell me if the block comes with regular nuts, as shown in store photos, or with thumb nuts? Thanks.

Xtreme Member
    thumb nuts

Xtreme Member
    Why is this showing not available?
    MB: Asus Crosshair VI Hero / Bios ver:6102 / Cpu:Ryzen 2700x @ 4.2Ghz (24/7) (1.373), FSB 100x42
    Ram: GSkill PC4-25600 2x8Gb @ 3200MHz, 14-14-14-14-34-1T, 1.352v
    Gfx: EVGa 1080Ti GTX FTW DT
    SSD: Samsung 960 M2 Evo 500 GB
    PSU: Corsair HX1000W
    Cooling: EKWB L360 Kit
    Temps: Cpu: 30c Ambient / 28c @ Idle / 65c @ 100% Load

Xtreme Enthusiast
    5 Noz will be discontinued, I have plenty of parts for spares to support existing owners.

It's being replaced by something better
    You see what you did there? You got between me and the coffee, now this creates a SITUATION!

Xtreme Member
    Well dang..... I need a new CPU WB now!!
    MB: Asus Crosshair VI Hero / Bios ver:6102 / Cpu:Ryzen 2700x @ 4.2Ghz (24/7) (1.373), FSB 100x42
    Ram: GSkill PC4-25600 2x8Gb @ 3200MHz, 14-14-14-14-34-1T, 1.352v
    Gfx: EVGa 1080Ti GTX FTW DT
    SSD: Samsung 960 M2 Evo 500 GB
    PSU: Corsair HX1000W
    Cooling: EKWB L360 Kit
    Temps: Cpu: 30c Ambient / 28c @ Idle / 65c @ 100% Load

Xtreme Enthusiast
    It will be in stock in a few days (maybe tomorrow).

It's almost as low restriction as 5 Noz (lower than any other current top block)
    Higher thermal performance (a little better than Apogee HD in my tests)
    Better thumbnuts ( I like them better, but it's a matter of taste )
    Controlled mounting pressure
    All black (no silver showing on mobo top side)

...and it's much lower cost (will be competitive with Raystorm and Apogee HD)
    You see what you did there? You got between me and the coffee, now this creates a SITUATION!

Xtreme Enthusiast
    It will be in stock in a few days (maybe tomorrow).

It's almost as low restriction as 5 Noz (lower than any other current top block)
    Higher thermal performance (a little better than Apogee HD in my tests)
    Better thumbnuts ( I like them better, but it's a matter of taste )
    Controlled mounting pressure
    All black (no silver showing on mobo top side)

...and it's much lower cost (will be competitive with Raystorm and Apogee HD)
    Awesome - sucks to be out of date already though haha. Have review samples been sent out? Will there be a metal hold down option?

Xtreme Member
    booo. Lower cost too!
    I JUST got mine haha.

Xtreme Guru
    stren: regarding review samples i doubt in Martin going back to testing any sooner then in .. let's say 2 years. From what i recall, he got rather tired from burnt in testing process hardware bought by himself. Nothing new from skinneelab too (like for half a year, wonder if something happened to them?).

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by churchy View Post
    stren: regarding review samples i doubt in Martin going back to testing any sooner then in .. let's say 2 years. From what i recall, he got rather tired from burnt in testing process hardware bought by himself. Nothing new from skinneelab too (like for half a year, wonder if something happened to them?).
    bummer - I guess maybe I'll buy one and post what I can in terms of a review, I don't have the tools to do anything as scientific as those guys though

If anyone knows where I can get cheap scientific test gear that would help a lot more let me know! I'm guessing I'd need a crystalfontz setup for measuring temps and then something for measuring flowrate?
    Last edited by stren; 05-22-2012 at 02:03 PM.

Xtreme Guru
    No need for much of scientific gear for relative test. You just need your PC, and another popular block to compare relatively to. You can measure flow without flowmeter by two bucket method. To lessen impact of luck of applying TIM paste at mounts you can try skinneelab's method of 5 remounts with both blocks (and maybe eliminating best and worst result). And of course use same TIM paste on both blocks + try to keep temps as much similar as possible. Be it ambient temps or water temps, if you have water thermal probe.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by churchy View Post
    No need for much of scientific gear for relative test. You just need your PC, and another popular block to compare relatively to. You can measure flow without flowmeter by two bucket method. To lessen impact of luck of applying TIM paste at mounts you can try skinneelab's method of 5 remounts with both blocks (and maybe eliminating best and worst result). And of course use same TIM paste on both blocks + try to keep temps as much similar as possible. Be it ambient temps or water temps, if you have water thermal probe.
    Yeah I guess I was trying to make it as scientific as I could and get the parts I need to more scientifically measure other things like rads. You're right though for just apples to apples I don't need much. I was thinking to use IX to save on time so I can just do one mount for each without variation..

Any possibility in a G34 block or mounting adapter?

I am using 4x rasas and they are killing my flow. (well 3x +1 ek ultimate ...they were oos)

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2012-04-04%u0025252020.34.05.jpg 
Views:	557 
Size:	196.6 KB 
ID:	127211

I plan on adding another 360 and swapping the low flow xspc pumps for a d5 or ddc.
    Last edited by Patrioteagle07; 05-29-2012 at 12:38 PM.
    Raven | SR5690 G34| "Phenom" II x8 2ghz| OCZ 120gb Vertex| CM 850w | 8gb G.skill DDR3 1600 |cfx 6950| 3x Samsung 2343|
    Harbringer | Tyan S8812 | 4x AMD 61xx ES @ 3ghz | 500gb hitachi | Antec HCP 1200w | 32gb G.skill DDR3 1600 cas 6 | headless hard bringer of doom

Xtreme Enthusiast
    I could probably do it for you if I could get my hands on a mechanical drawing of the G34 socket. Any Ideas? I looked for a bit, and it was not readily apparent to me where to get it.

I could probably do it for you if I could get my hands on a mechanical drawing of the G34 socket. Any Ideas? I looked for a bit, and it was not readily apparent to me where to get it.
    I will link one when I get home... Off hand 5.25 6-32 bolt spacing
    Raven | SR5690 G34| "Phenom" II x8 2ghz| OCZ 120gb Vertex| CM 850w | 8gb G.skill DDR3 1600 |cfx 6950| 3x Samsung 2343|
    Harbringer | Tyan S8812 | 4x AMD 61xx ES @ 3ghz | 500gb hitachi | Antec HCP 1200w | 32gb G.skill DDR3 1600 cas 6 | headless hard bringer of doom

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Real waterblock mounts for G34 will get you some love from the big folders for sure!

Quote Originally Posted by stren View Post
    Real waterblock mounts for G34 will get you some love from the big folders for sure!
    Very much so... and there are many g34 rigs on my team... the top 10 probably have 3+ 4ps

What are all the dimensions you need?

If I can't relocate the AMD documents I can use a caliper to get them off my 2 g34 boards...

5.25" and 6-32
    here is how they mod cm212s to work on g34s.
    http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1662099

G34 blocks on the market.
    http://www.aquatuning.us/product_inf...d0i3eh601ml0qr

Koolance 370 with this adapter
    http://koolance.com/index.php?route=...roduct_id=1039

Maze 4
    http://www.dangerden.com/store/maze4...4-939-940.html

None of which I find very appetizing...
    Last edited by Patrioteagle07; 05-29-2012 at 07:44 PM.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Some pages are saying the bolts are spaced 4.1inches. The processor IHS is also quite big, I need some dimensions of that as well. Could you check your board please, and reply to me by PM?

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Some pages are saying the bolts are spaced 4.1inches. The processor IHS is also quite big, I need some dimensions of that as well. Could you check your board please, and reply to me by PM?
    Yeah no waterblocks are currently large enough to cover the entire IHS lol. These chips don't run that hot though (at least the non-bulldozer types) so it's not usually a problem.

Xtreme Member
    As mentioned in the MIPS thread I got my 5Noz today. 30 days for standard postal way ^^ And then 60 km, traffic jam and import taxes to get it from customs office nearby Cologne Airport ^^ No one should tell me I did not enough effort to get this block ... After all I am totally disappointed. I really like the idea of this block with this very special "jetplate", even if it is not the nicest block I know.

Weeks ago I replaced my EK Supreme HF with the new Mips block (had the "Astral" pre-sample as well as the final "Iceforce" - just a difference in name and mounting plate, no difference in block internals and performance). Somewhere in forumdeluxx.de I posted a small comparison of these two blocks. Conclusion: The Mips block is approx. 1 K worse than the EK HF with jetplate #6. After I found this thread and read the review of martin I thought it would be great to have this 5Noz-block. Not as shiny as the Mips, but even better in flow and much better performance. pffft.

Did some testing today. Already had the Mips in my rig, it got only one chance for 1 run. After that the DT 5Noz got 3 remounts, afterwards I was so down, that I decided to test the EK once again in comparison - also just 1 remount to be sure. After all the difference between EK and Mips remained the same. But the 5Noz was absolutely not worth all this effort. There are several blocks with the same performance available. Sorry DetroitAC. And my TIM was perfect (see pictures below). Normally I would have made 4-5 remounts each. But for what?

Testing: (no chance to compete with martin, but this is real world just in my rig)
    i7-2600k @4800, only 1 water temp sensor (cold side of second rad), 1 ambient sensor (in front of cold side of main rad), 1 flow sensor (Koolance @3-pin-mod), all of them analog and only read by Aquaero 5 Pro. Laing DDC with fixed rpms, fans with fixed rpms, ambient temperature kept as stable as possible.
    Fired by prime95, fixed at 10K, FFTs in place for at least approx. 30 minutes, so that the water temps is not moving at all for at least 10 minutes.
    Monitoring: CPU-Z/Aida64/Aquasuite/Coretemp64 in latest versions.

US is still sleeping or what´s the reason that I´m still alive?
    Last edited by scamps; 06-01-2012 at 12:29 PM.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast