Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: DT 5Noz waterblock

Xtreme Member
    Just to let you know, i use this technik of several in out channels before. Postet on 02-08-2012.
    Dont want that someone say i copy the D-Tek desisgn
    Hier is a Link http://www.realredraider.com/vbullet...postcount=2831
    http://www.realredraider.com/vbullet...postcount=2829
    Quote Originally Posted by Eddy_EK View Post
    What about this one?
    dejanh: Now, now, don't get jealous. That's a very nice block too, just different

Six, did you cut the same direction channels all at once or you cut them one at a time?

Xtreme Enthusiast
    I'm having some "problems" with the block, to tell the truth I'ven't put my SupremeHF against it but the ~20ºC difference can't be normal at all :/ . This is the result of the 3rd remount, and they all looked pretty much like this.

EDIT: I went and change the block orientation, if there were any changes they were for worse :/ Guess I've to try the SupremeHF full-Ni to see if anything changes. Also this is only with 1.184v :x

Last edited by st0ned; 04-13-2012 at 01:39 AM.

Xtreme Addict
    You prolly need to remount. See the temp difference between the first and last cores? See the trend? Either your block makes good contact only with one side of the IHS or the IHS is FUBAR. And yes, Ivy is hot.
    2600k @ 5.0Ghz 1.54V, Giga Z68, Zotac GTX680 AMP!, Patriot 1066Mhz 8GB RAM, Custom water, Silverstone 1000W, HAF932

A screwed up IHS on an intel CPU would not surprise me
    The Cardboard Master
    Crunch with us, the XS WCG team
    Intel Core i7 2600k @ 4.5GHz, 16GB DDR3-1600, Radeon 7950 @ 1000/1250, Win 10 Pro x64

Xtreme Enthusiast
    How does the TIM look when you pull the block off? Pics?
    You see what you did there? You got between me and the coffee, now this creates a SITUATION!

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Ok I'll take some pics. Tim is very thin, I did apply a nice amount of pressure. You can clearly see a square where the convex part of the block applys more pressure, thus the idea of flipping it sideways as I did. Uhm I doubt is from mounts I did 3 on one orientation and another in the other, they all came with the same results. But yeah it can be just the CPU.

EDIT:

This is with the supreme HF

Tim with the d5noz

[phone pics sorry for the low quality]

EDIT2:

WC system is:

1xMagicool slim 360
    1xFeserXchanger 360
    1xTermochill TA120.3
    9xGT1850@full
    3xTFC tribwerk mid speed @ Full
    2x MCP-35X @ 100%
    1x D5Noz // 1x SupremeHF
    1x FC7970 Acetal+copper

Ambient temp is around 20ºC , I can just ask wtf is this sh*t
    Last edited by st0ned; 04-13-2012 at 10:56 AM.

Xtreme Addict
    You clearly have more pressure on one side of the IHS. The bottom (or top depending how you want to look at it) 1/4th of the IHS gets no contact at all.
    2600k @ 5.0Ghz 1.54V, Giga Z68, Zotac GTX680 AMP!, Patriot 1066Mhz 8GB RAM, Custom water, Silverstone 1000W, HAF932

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Maybe, still 4mounts doing that I doubt I did :P , well I'll give it another shot once I've this heat beast controlled.

Xtreme Legend
    Looks like 3 of the 4 corners of the ihs have left an impression in the block because they are so high ????

My Biggest Fear Is When I die, My Wife Sells All My Stuff For What I Told Her I Paid For It.
    79 SB threads and 32 IB Threads across 4 rigs 111 threads Crunching!!

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by OldChap View Post
    Looks like 3 of the 4 corners of the ihs have left an impression in the block because they are so high ????
    yeah, my test blocks have those same marks on them. So it would appear that the mounting is consistent with my test blocks.
    Last edited by DetroitAC; 04-13-2012 at 01:42 PM.
    You see what you did there? You got between me and the coffee, now this creates a SITUATION!

Xtreme Enthusiast
    What I can say is that IB IHS edges look much sharper then the ones from SB, who were round and smooth in another hand the IB one's are sharp and 90º

Xtreme Addict
    I am surprised i have tested the block on a few different systems now and would say that its works perfectly fine. test rigs are both AMD and Intel and found in comparison to the XSPC Raystorm its 1.5 to 2c worse and against EK Supreme HF and the Koolance 370 it matches the performance. I don't have jet plate no 6 for the HF so couldn't compare that. But as per the norm results will all ways vary from system to system. The benefit comes in the form of it being a fast flow block which to me is excellent.
    Last edited by mlwood37; 04-13-2012 at 02:17 PM.
    Mayhems Lastest News -> https://www.facebook.com/Mayhems2009

If you need to direct contact me its michael at mayhems dot co dot uk.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    I agree with you Not blaming the block at all.

The IHS did left two huge imprints on it

Xtreme Legend
    Seems I need to get me some pressure film when I get IB.

mlwood37, you hit the nail on the head there.... Near the top of the pile for performance and streaks ahead on flow rate works very well for me too. With a few indicators out there suggesting IB runs hot I am beginning to wonder if the ihs is the culprit or if the new process needs a revision or two.

I will order mine end of month in order to test on some other i7s before the new K

I have had those imprints before on a q66 and xigmatek heatpipes.... ended up having to lap that one

My Biggest Fear Is When I die, My Wife Sells All My Stuff For What I Told Her I Paid For It.
    79 SB threads and 32 IB Threads across 4 rigs 111 threads Crunching!!

Xtreme X.I.P.
    I suspect Ivy wants extreme bow in the base. SB was bad enough and left similar marks like that on my rather concaved 2600K, but I don't have the same problem with the 3930K.

This is why I think blocks should have a tune-able bowing system. The mechanical contact needs between just the intel sockets is completely different between platforms and I haven't a clue on AMD.

With that said, you can do the work around and use Indigo X to bridge the bad mount gap.

Xtreme 3D Team
    Quote Originally Posted by Martinm210 View Post
    I suspect Ivy wants extreme bow in the base. SB was bad enough and left similar marks like that on my rather concaved 2600K, but I don't have the same problem with the 3930K.

This is why I think blocks should have a tune-able bowing system. The mechanical contact needs between just the intel sockets is completely different between platforms and I haven't a clue on AMD.

With that said, you can do the work around and use Indigo X to bridge the bad mount gap.
    Each IHS can be different...
    Smile

Xtreme X.I.P.
    Quote Originally Posted by BeepBeep2 View Post
    Each IHS can be different...
    That's why I was saying tune-able so you could tweak it per individual IHS needs too. This could be done via shims, various o-ring thicknesses, or different nozzles.

I have seen 3+ degrees on the same block with nothing more than an adjustment on the bowing so it's well worth the effort..

Xtreme Enthusiast
    I might go with indigo afterall. Thing is idk won't be sure witch block to use :P HF or D5noz. Since indigo is that expensive I won't be able to do remounts as I do with my PK-1

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by st0ned View Post
    I might go with indigo afterall. Thing is idk won't be sure witch block to use :P HF or D5noz. Since indigo is that expensive I won't be able to do remounts as I do with my PK-1

Ok I did went for IX and results are far far better, I'll run prime at the same speed and volts of the previous print screens for the sake of argument, but I'm pointing towards almost 15ºC .

Xtreme Addict
    Not hearing much good news on the Ivy. I know i need to test Ivy for a new product how ever the price is a little out of my league atm. Think martin has a good point but on the other hand perhaps if intel did a better job in the first place we would not need such a fix. The cause of the issue is Intel why should every one else suffer due to ignorance or simple plain cost cutting exercises..
    Mayhems Lastest News -> https://www.facebook.com/Mayhems2009

If you need to direct contact me its michael at mayhems dot co dot uk.

Xtreme Member
    quick question guys. YES i DO wash my hands, but I was placing this for test fitting in my loop, and now the bottom is extremely dirty with fingerprint stains everywhere. I assume that it kind of like stainless steel and just picks up fingerprints all the time, but does this affect cooling performance?
    It's pretty dirty, which is weird IMO

Xtreme Enthusiast
    I don't have any firsthand experience with how various fouling affects your TIM performance, but I always clean the base with isopropyl alcohol before mounting. It's cheap and easy

Xtreme Member
    you think even if its dirty, as long as I clean it before mounting itll be ok?
    thanks

Xtreme Enthusiast
    I'm guessing you mean if the stains from fingerprints don't come out with alcohol? Yes, i think if it's alcohol cleaned and still has stains, they could be regarded as "patina" or normal copper oxidation, can't imagine they would have any measurable effect on performance.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast