Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cool looking new CPU block from MIPS Germany

Xtreme Member
    The supreme land of rules and regulations

Cool looking new CPU block from MIPS Germany

Sorry if this has already been posted and I overlooked it. I tried a search but didn't find anything.

AT added a product to thier shop today called the Iceforce from MIPS:

http://www.aquatuning.de/product_inf...ickel-POM.html

http://www.aquatuning.de/product_inf...ickel-POM.html

Evidently it's so new that it's not even up on the MIPS website yet.

In any case, I just hope it performs as good as it looks.
    If I'm a danger to myself just think what I could do to you.

I am Xtreme
    Check the last page of the parts gallery.
    Circles SucQ!

If your annoyed by sigs telling you to put things in your sig, then put this in your sig

Bribery won't work on me...just say NO to AT!!!

Xtreme Member
    The supreme land of rules and regulations
    D'oh! Sorry.
    If I'm a danger to myself just think what I could do to you.

I am Xtreme
    I wouldn't worry about it. The gallery pics from Six are nice but they don't really say "available for sale now" (even if it is from a questionable e-tailer), do they.
    Circles SucQ!

If your annoyed by sigs telling you to put things in your sig, then put this in your sig

Xtreme Member
    but it is available - at least @mips german shop http://www.mips-computer.de/sg_MIPSP...56.htm?ID=3525
    and it is already on itīs way to me

though (or letīs better say because?) I already have the beta-sample

Xtreme Guru
    I hope they send it to Martin for a testspin. They look rather OK on bling side, i wonder if performance is on par.

Xtreme Member
    churchy
    german testers allready test it. nothing special.
    http://www.hardwaremax.net/wasserkue...eforce-hf.html
    good flow, midle temps (like hk 3.0)
    INTEL CORE i5-2500K/ASUS Z68 MAXIMUS IV GENE-Z/G-SKILL SNIPER LV 8GB DDR1600 Dual/POWERCOLOR 6970 LCS (1000/6000)/COOLERMASTER COSMOS S 1100/THERMALTAKE TP 750W
    WC:CPU:XSPC RAYSTORM/VGA:EK FULLCOVER 6970/RAD:WATERCOOL MORA 3 PR0 9X120/PUMP:2XLIANG DDC 1T(DIYHINK)+EK DUAL DDC TOP V2/RES:EK MULTIOPTION X-RES 250 ADV/AC AQUAERO 5XT+WB+4 IN LINE T.SENS+FLOWMETER/FIT:ENZOTECH 13/19 BLACK/XSPC 13/19 WHITE TUBE/9X ARCTIC COOLING F12 PWM

Xtreme Guru
    Hmm, if final retail product won't get improved thermals wise, then it doesn't look like member of very top blocks, bling and low pressure drop alone doesn't cut it. Temps imho should be within 1-1.5C from top, for other factors like flow resistance/bling and alike to overcome that.

I am Xtreme
    Quote Originally Posted by churchy View Post
    I hope they send it to Martin for a testspin. They look rather OK on bling side, i wonder if performance is on par.
    Won't get tested for a while (if ever) if they do as he's on sabbatical.

Quote Originally Posted by Shteud View Post
    churchy
    german testers allready test it. nothing special.
    http://www.hardwaremax.net/wasserkue...eforce-hf.html
    good flow, midle temps (like hk 3.0)
    :facepalm:. . .this is my general reply when I see "German tester" as I've not seen a good test from a German tester since Radical_53 last posted test results here. Far too many variables to make any kind of conclusive results. 1 pump, 2 rads (1 3x120 and 1 3x140) with highly questionable fans, GPU as part of the loop and Prime95 will all make me put this test, like every other German test I've seen over the past 3―-4― years, in the round file. If a Euro tester wants to get anything other than a :facepalm: from me, all they have to simply do is duplicate Martin's or Skinnee's testing methodology and remove as many variables as humanly possible.
    Circles SucQ!

Xtreme Member
    Waterlogged
    he-he. they too close with producers...
    INTEL CORE i5-2500K/ASUS Z68 MAXIMUS IV GENE-Z/G-SKILL SNIPER LV 8GB DDR1600 Dual/POWERCOLOR 6970 LCS (1000/6000)/COOLERMASTER COSMOS S 1100/THERMALTAKE TP 750W
    WC:CPU:XSPC RAYSTORM/VGA:EK FULLCOVER 6970/RAD:WATERCOOL MORA 3 PR0 9X120/PUMP:2XLIANG DDC 1T(DIYHINK)+EK DUAL DDC TOP V2/RES:EK MULTIOPTION X-RES 250 ADV/AC AQUAERO 5XT+WB+4 IN LINE T.SENS+FLOWMETER/FIT:ENZOTECH 13/19 BLACK/XSPC 13/19 WHITE TUBE/9X ARCTIC COOLING F12 PWM

Xtreme Member
    Exactly what waterlogged said.

Also, this block is hot sexy sex.

i7 4770K [L315B347]
    Gigabyte Z97 SOC Force
    F3-2600C10D-8GTXD | F3-2666C11Q-16GTXD
    GTX780 Epower2
    Corsair AX1200i
    TRUE Copper| Custom Water | Kingpin Venom 6.66 | Kingpin Tek-9 Fat

i7 4770K [L312B515] | Asus Max VI Impact | 2x8GB Kingston 1600c10
    600GB WD Velociraptor
    GTX580 Classified
    Silverstone M600W Strider
    Coolermaster Elite 130

i3 3225 | Asrock B75M Pro3 | 2x4gb Kingston 1333c9
    Intel 520 60GB | LSI 9211-8i | 6x Seagate 4TB
    Silverstone GD08

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Waterlogged View Post
    [COLOR="#000000"]...If a Euro tester wants to get anything other than a :facepalm: from me ...
    Fortunately no "Euro tester" worries about your facepalm ...

Xtreme Member
    Yeh, but they should.

i7 4770K [L315B347]
    Gigabyte Z97 SOC Force
    GTX780 Epower2
    Corsair AX1200i

600GB WD Velociraptor
    GTX580 Classified
    Coolermaster Elite 130

Silverstone GD08

Xtreme Guru
    scamps: +1 to WL. It's just that sometimes for few LC components about the only reviews tests that can be found are from those testers, so it would benefit community a lot for them to get more pedantic as to how testing gets done.
    Yes, using proper testing methodology multiplies needed work/time for tests that much more (eg. many remounts, retests at different possible configurations of several variables at play), but it 1) eliminates lot chances of introducing some error affecting results (eg. bad or best TIM mount, ambient temp fluctuation during test time), so that results are MUCH more trustable in product choice, 2) gives much more thorough review of product (eg. how it performs at different pumping power or at different rad efficiency or different heat load or at different deltas or with different fans/noise level or with different mount pressure and so on and on ..).
    I don't think that there is much of 'purchased reviews', imho german testers also have their pride .. but their testing in my eyes is way less actually usable for at least me in evaluating/comparing/products products and so far situation is as it is - i have only limited and not very trustable info on plethora of products, that i'm not willing much to buy myself or suggest to others, instead limiting only to products that are "safe choice" and reviewed in trusty and thorough enough way, even if in real life some of those german LC products might be competitive enough or even best available choice - i just don't actually know about their capabilities for sure .. yet? (with hope of status quo change in future).
    P.S.
    Even more important to lessen impact of luck/errors is at current LC state, eg. when top blocks are within 1-2 degrees, and simple bad luck in TIM application with range much more then that might turn waterblock relative performance to turn out fully different.

Xtreme Member
    Any internal pics?
    混沌とした アンモラル

Xtreme Member
    @churchy
    I agree 100%. But this is no question of nationality but only of the accuracy and reliability of a tester. Perhaps somebody reminds "Hesmelaugh" who used heating equipment already before martin (as far as I remember). From Switzerland ...
    I really enjoy every test of martin and I think we all can trust in him absolutely. But even martin canīt avoid getting test samples that are better than real shop quality. And that is one of the biggest faults in his methods. To test real life you would have to buy at least two samples on your own somewhere - but who yould be able and willing to give all the money for that?
    I had to learn on my own that a preview sample of a big (non-german!) manufacturer was almost 2° better than the same cooler bought in a local shop. And I am sure that is no exception.

At the end the differences in background of the tester, methods, used parts and equipment teached me to read at least three independent reviews before forming my opinion about a product. And after that I often verify this with my own testing.

By the way and to get back to topic: My own testing shows less than 1 K between Mips Iceforce and EK Supreme HF with jetplate #6. And a big increase of flow inside my testing loop (EK: 158 l/h, Mips: 194 l/h). In the meantime 7 runs each ...

@chaotic
    There was some trouble regarding an Alphacool patent ...

€dit 532c: hardwaremax.net and Maexi are from Austria not friends of Germany and german products in every case.
    Last edited by scamps; 04-25-2012 at 10:32 AM.

Xtreme Guru
    I'm sorry to all for dragging (and with this post as well) deep in offtopic this thread.
    Scamps: if you liked such combination of properties, imho DT 5Noz block may be potentially interesting for you to try out as well. Not as fine on bling side though.

I am Xtreme
    Quote Originally Posted by scamps View Post
    Fortunately no "Euro tester" worries about your facepalm ...
    ...because the majority of the ppl that read their tests have decided that massive quantities of sub par mediocrity reviews are better than fewer done properly, so why would they worry about 1 outspoken person.

@churchy
    I agree 100%. But this is no question of nationality but only of the accuracy and reliability of a tester. Perhaps somebody reminds "Hesmelaugh" who used heating equipment already before martin (as far as I remember). From Switzerland ...
    I really enjoy every test of martin and I think we all can trust in him absolutely. But even martin canīt avoid getting test samples that are better than real shop quality. And that is one of the biggest faults in his methods. To test real life you would have to buy at least two samples on your own somewhere - but who yould be able and willing to give all the money for that?
    I had to learn on my own that a preview sample of a big (non-german!) manufacturer was almost 2° better than the same cooler bought in a local shop. And I am sure that is no exception.

At the end the differences in background of the tester, methods, used parts and equipment teached me to read at least three independent reviews before forming my opinion about a product. And after that I often verify this with my own testing.

By the way and to get back to topic: My own testing shows less than 1 K between Mips Iceforce and EK Supreme HF with jetplate #6. And a big increase of flow inside my testing loop (EK: 158 l/h, Mips: 194 l/h). In the meantime 7 runs each ...
    I remember HES and he was starting to tweak the reviews into shape where they would stand up to scrutiny but then he just disappeared.

I don't know how many times we have to remind ppl that you should never expect temps similar to someone else, tester or not. You do realize that 2°C is well within mounting variations (why do you think Martin, Vapor and Skinnee do 5+ mounts?) and could also be partly cause by just a little too much TIM?

Sounds like you do better testing than the Yahoo's that call themselves testers over there. Maybe you should step up and get some good testing gear and put them to shame?...and maybe shut me up in the process.
    Circles SucQ!

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by churchy View Post
    ...Scamps: if you liked such combination of properties, imho DT 5Noz block may be potentially interesting for you to try out as well. Not as fine on bling side though.
    Thanks for this hint! Did not see this nice one before. But as you wrote: not yet as fine on bling side (I would prefer very much smaller typo on it), but -wow- great performance. But yet not available here afaik.

Quote Originally Posted by Waterlogged View Post
    ...but then he just disappeared....
    SHANE, even Waterlogged wants you back! Come on!!!

I am Xtreme
    SHANE, even Waterlogged wants you back! Come on!!!

He still had a little ways to go but he was definitely heading in the right direction.

I heard he had started taking some pretty bad abuse because he was changing his testing method from the "Euro sub standard" to something closer to what Martin and Skinnee had back then and felt he couldn't win, so he quit.
    Circles SucQ!

Xtreme Mentor
    So is this block strickly Intel?
    CPUID http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=484051
    http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=484051
    http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=554982
    New DO Stepping http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=555012
    4.8Ghz - http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=794165

Desk Build
    FX8120 @ 4.6Ghz 24/7 / Asus Crosshair V /HD7970/ 8Gb (4x2Gb) Gskill 2133Mhz / Intel 320 160Gb OS Drive, WD 256GB Game Storage

W/C System
    (CPU) Swiftech HD (GPU) EK HD7970 with backplate (RAM) MIPS Ram block (Rad/Pump) 3 x Thermochill 120.3 triple rads and Dual MCP355's with Heatkiller dual top and Cyberdruid Prism res / B*P/Koolance Compression Fittings and Quick Disconnects.

Xtreme Guru
    Why abuse someone for doing more thorough work in proper way? i fail to get it.

Utnorris: you can check among new products at least @AT.de. Three variations. One for AMD, another - for lga2011, and third - for all the intel sockets but lga2011.

Xtreme Mentor
    They have one:

http://www.aquatuning.de/product_inf...km6q16eic80r1r

Too bad they don't have it on the US AT site. I would get that, looks like something out of Star Trek.
    CPUID http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=484051
    http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=484051
    http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=554982
    New DO Stepping http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=555012
    4.8Ghz - http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=794165

Desk Build
    FX8120 @ 4.6Ghz 24/7 / Asus Crosshair V /HD7970/ 8Gb (4x2Gb) Gskill 2133Mhz / Intel 320 160Gb OS Drive, WD 256GB Game Storage

W/C System
    (CPU) Swiftech HD (GPU) EK HD7970 with backplate (RAM) MIPS Ram block (Rad/Pump) 3 x Thermochill 120.3 triple rads and Dual MCP355's with Heatkiller dual top and Cyberdruid Prism res / B*P/Koolance Compression Fittings and Quick Disconnects.

Xtreme Member
    i just realised. this block totally doubles as a ninja star.

i7 4770K [L315B347]
    Gigabyte Z97 SOC Force
    GTX780 Epower2
    Corsair AX1200i

600GB WD Velociraptor
    GTX580 Classified
    Coolermaster Elite 130

Silverstone GD08

Xtreme X.I.P.
    But even martin canīt avoid getting test samples that are better than real shop quality. And that is one of the biggest faults in his methods. To test real life you would have to buy at least two samples on your own somewhere - but who yould be able and willing to give all the money for that?

While I completely agree sample variance is always possible (I have seen it before..yet most samples I see are clearly unopened retail packages) and you should always look at several reviews since it provides more conditions to consider, I don't know any 3rd party tester who has the luxury testing multiple block samples on multiple processor samples, so what you are calling a "fault" is really the only practical option? I would take it several steps further and say you don't know for sure unless you test on multiple processor samples and across a range of processor types. We all know that the IHS is not perfectly level on the processor and that varies from sample to sample. I can also confirm what you get on LGA1155 will be completely different on LGA2011, etc. So.... you do what you can and hopefully people appreciate what you can contribute and not complain. If they do..here is a quarter...call someone who cares..

I would also like to learn more about your test methods such as:

1)How many retail samples did you buy out of pocket to come up with your 1K result?
    2)Care to share some details about the testing methodology used?
    3)Where are the 7 runs to show mounting error?
    4)What sort of logging tools did you use?
    5)What sort of thermal sensors?
    6)What loading program and for how long?
    7)What did you use to measure mounting force?
    8)What processor?
    9)What thermal paste?

I didn't follow your testing methodology details or results perhaps because there were NONE that you were willing to share?....

Back on topic.

The MIPS block looks nice, I like the nozzle plate setup and ninja hold down..
    Last edited by Martinm210; 04-26-2012 at 07:11 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast