Thread: Silverstone AP121 AP121L

Silverstone AP121 AP121L

Has anyone looked at the Silverstone Air Penetrator fans for radiator use? They seem to have high static pressure, would channel air over the entire surface of the radiator (no dead space), and are dead quiet. They seem perfect as a fan for a rad. The only thing I could find on them was a review on Tom's Hardware, and their marketing material. It's like the fan has a built in shroud. I also noticed Noctuca has a fan that appears to be geared toward a similar task.

I am Xtreme
    Nice find.

Good static pressure is nice and all, but what matters to me is how well a fan under volts and its' performance when under volted.

edit: Just by looking the specs and price the Scythe ULTRA KAZE are cheaper and more flexible. If you are going to use a lot of fans like in a case of two radiators you will be using a fan controller anyways.
    Last edited by safan80; 03-07-2012 at 03:28 PM.

Asus Z9PE-D8 WS with 64GB of registered ECC ram.|Dell 30" LCD 3008wfp:7970 video card

LSI series raid controller
    SSDs: Crucial C300 256GB
    Standard drives: Seagate ST32000641AS & WD 1TB black
    OSes: Linux and Windows x64

They ship with 5v 7v and 12v connectors with resistance in the lines, so I think they'll under volt fairly well. I'll check out the Kazes. I'm looking at running these on a pair of 480s, and a 360 in a Caselabs STH10. Looking at the Aqureo thread to see If that's a route I want to go.

They are a bit pricy. Up there with the GTs, but so it goes. From the review they do a good job moving air through restriction like a radiator or filter.