Thread: [User Review]ApogeeHD vs. RAYSTORM vs.Kryos vs. SupremeHF in Cartago´s Review

Xtreme Member

[User Review]ApogeeHD vs. RAYSTORM vs.Kryos vs. SupremeHF in Cartago´s Review

ApogeeHD vs. Raystorm vs.Kryos vs. SupremeHF in Cartago's review

Hello and welcome!

The last time was in terms of CPU water cooler done something new in the market to test for me is a reason the new coolers from Swiftech and XSPC form with "old" values ​​in Aqua Computer Kryos HF and EK Water Blocks Supreme HF.

Let's start with the idea of ​​individual candidates, this is done in alphabetical order.

[B] Kryos HF [/ B], we call Aquacomputer his masterpiece.
    Aqua Computer is a German company of its products exclusively designed in-house and for the most part, self-produced. This is the company's philosophy is that the core competence should lie within the company and the production should not be awarded to foreign companies.
    The Kryos HF is the tip of a whole series consists of four models, Kryos HF, Kryos XT PRO Kryos and finally Kryos Delrin. The Silver Edition of the cooler, which really has only one meaning for the enthusiast, I leave here on purpose "are left" because of the cooler by using Massivem.925er sterling silver for the base plate, a low-dimension reaches only very few are willing to . pay

Come to Kryos HF itself, we are now the cooler comes in a package known by Aqua Computer, which will include the Sockelkit, instructions and of course the cooler itself

Specifications:

Cooler bottom: Copper
    Cover: Nickel-plated brass
    Special features: 1911 Kupferpins

Delivery:

1 x Prolimatech thermal compound PK1
    1 x Sockelkit
    1 x German Manual

The cooler itself consists of a bottom plate and the very massive lid, in the bottom plate a total of 1911 Kupferpins are in a size of 0.25 mm x 0.45 mm. These pins white but with different geometric shapes on, according to Aqua computers were huge amounts of CAD drawings, and floor nozzle plates tested to extract the most performance. The cover is one of the most massive in this test and has a very nice look. With its skillfully, toward the middle, and two verjungte form around cooler running notches hidden Aquacomputer how big and massive he really is.

Whether the massive use of materials and pay, will clarify this test.

From EK Water Blocks in this test, the Supreme HF represented.

EK Water Blocks is a company based in Slovenia. Founded in 1999 by Edvard is king.
    These coolers are also available in different variants, which makes this material particularly the cover the difference. It is available with plexi, acetal, Full and Full Copper Nickel. The last variant that is full of nickel is present in this test.

The cooler comes in from EK-known black-orange-colored packaging. It is of course the cooler, which is well packaged and from the rest of the contents separated by an intermediate cover is. In addition, included is the installation manual (English) and the mounting hardware.

PICTURE PACKAGE

Technical Details.

Material: Nickel / Acrylic / raw copper / acetal
    Dimensions: 90 x 90 x 20 mm
    Connection thread: 1/4Zoll
    Mounting screws Size: M4 with M3 12mm copper cover
    LED holes (only with Plexi): 2 x 3mm

[B] delivery [/ B].

EKWaterBlocks EK-Supreme universal RF Nickel Backplate
    Arctic Cooling MX-2 (2g)
    Illustrated installation manual (English)

The processing of the cooler is beyond any doubt, the nickel cover, engraved with his EK logo is very simple but also very elegantly decorated. The, now, almost standardized construction of two sharing plus a nozzle plate is also found in these cooler again.
    Despite the EC for this cooler offers several different nozzle plates and has even added not too long before another time, I will be cooler with the standard orifice plate test, as was fitted with the factory-set.

[B] Swiftech Apogee HD [/ B] is the latest US-based manufacturer of the cooler from California.
    Swiftech was founded in 1994 by Gabriel Rouchon, which still stands at the head of the company. Overseas is Swiftech one of the largest and most important water cooling manufacturer in the PC area, unfortunately its products in this country by the very difficult trading agreements with the U.S. getting a little more expensive than the competition so is the level of awareness for us is not nearly as high as in overseas. This situation is very unfortunate if, as the products from Swiftech are always found in the front panel.
    Whether this cooler mix at the top with, I can for you'll find out in this test. Now we come to the cooler itself

Specifications:

Material: POM white
    Color: black frame-by-step inside
    Thread Size: 4 x 1/4 "
    Height without fittings: 20mm
    Cooler size: 60 x 60 mm
    Compatibility: Intel 2011/1155/1156/1366/775

Delivery:

1x Swiftech Apogee HD White
    2x 3/8 "hose connections
    1 pair of hose clamps
    1x Thermal Compound (Prolimatech PK1)

The cooler comes in a plain black packaging and is naturally packed accessories packaged separately.

The cooler lid provided with a wise POM please by his four Connection, more accurately put an inlet and three outlets, the possibility of the radiator, both in series and parallel as close to. Swiftech calls the whole "multi-port" and thus also an innovation in PC Kühlerbau dar. To use this option, however, are either Y-adapters or special radiators needed for this test which I unfortunately was not available, so I also tests this cooler In the standard configuration with an input / output.

[B] XSPC [/ B], a water cooling in the range of very successful English manufacturer, has recently its new high-end cooler, Raystorm presented.
    I'm going to test this cooler for you, how has the cooler and beaten with details what he calls attention to itself, can take your text below.

Cool details:
    The Raystorm comes in a discreet, anthracite, to packaging at the customer where he is protected in the best foam.
    Besides the cooler is located inside the entire course and scope of Eicher accessories and illustrated assembly instructions.

PICTURE PACKAGE:

Specifications:

Cover material: copper / acetal
    Bracket material: steel
    Dimensions:
    Copper base: 56x56x3mm
    LED hole size: 4 x 3mm
    Thread Size: 1/4Zoll
    Supported Socket: 775, 1156, 1155, 1366 and 2011

Delivery:

Cooler + support
    Backplate for Socket 775, 1155/1156 and 1366
    Double blue LED
    Mounting hardware
    Thermal Compound
    Allen key
    English, illustrated assembly instructions

The multi-part, radiator consists mainly of acetal and acrylic, the bottom plate is naturally made of copper. The mounting of the radiator is not screwed to it or a part of the lid and is made of acrylic, on the upper side is also a finely brushed aluminum plate which is bonded to the holder.
    The cover is, as I said, made of black acetal, has on it XSPC engraved the name of the cooler and more importantly also the entrance with "In" is highlighted.
    The biggest advantage of this division, cooler and holder individually, which the customer may be cooler is to rotate independently of the holder in any direction.

The mounting system has taken over from the predecessor of Raystorms XSPC, XSPC Rasa, it's a very simple and good-looking mounting system, where customers have no problems, is it to mount very quickly. XSPC is the installation of additional collars, which after tightening the thumbscrews are tightened again after tightening the thumb screws which can be tightened again, and each case according to dose.

The internal structure of the Rasystorm is somewhat similar to that of the EK Water Blocks Supreme HF, and the Raystorm has a stainless steel nozzle plate, the water on, Copper, finely milled floor plate directs.

Here are some pictures of the installed condition, as can be seen, is the cooler running embedded in the holder 4 x 3mm LED holes for every modder. XSPC delivers the same with a black double-gesleevtes LED cable that glows blue in color.

test setup and testing.

Mainboard: Gigabyte Z68 Professional
    CPU: Intel Core i7 4.5 Ghz @ 2600K at 1.35 V
    RAM: 8GB (2x4GB) Corsair Vengeance
    Graphic: POV GTX580 TGT
    Power Supply: NDA
    SSD: Adata S510 for OS
    HDD: Samsung HD502HJ F3
    Housing: Xigmatek Elysium Super Tower

Water Cooling

CPU: i7 2600K @ 4,5 GHz at 1.35V (bios)
    Graphic: EK Water Blocks EK-FC 580
    Pump: Phobya DP 12 400
    Conditions: Alphacool HF 38 Cape Cyclone 150 V.2
    DFM: AC High Flow
    Temperature sensors: 2x Phobya IG / AG
    Monitoring: Aqua Computer XT 5 Aquaero
    Quick couplings: 4x Koolance VLN3
    Hose: 16/10 Masterkleer
    Distilled water was used as a liquid with Phobya ZuperZero Clear Concentrate

circuit assembly:

Conditions> Pump> Graphics Cards> CPU> 2xKupplungen on radiator> DFM> Conditions

Sensors on one input / output of radiator mounted.

The test program I use it with Prime95 with fixed value of 12K, the fixing of the value is important in order to avoid fluctuations and the 12K because they the most CPU load.
    Testing is always looking for the same end, 1 hour is prime, here are the fan of the radiator at 500 rev / min throttled, this setting corresponds to my experience at Silenter water cooling. This test is repeated three times. Evaluation is carried out with Aqua Suite and CoreTemp and is considered the average temperature of all measurements. The important value is the difference (delta T) from the average core temperature to water temperature at the outlet of the radiator

And these are the results:

Flow rate:

As one can see the table could, in the flow of the EK radiator just traversed before Raystorm. Success with a little bit further away then the Swiftech, concludes with the Kryos Aqua Computer.

temperature

This reflects a very different picture, which can flow in at the end lying Kryos now say here, closely followed by Raystorm, EK and Swiftech. As you can see, but the temperature differences are really very small, each of the cooler can cool the processor without limitations very well, which is not easily make the conclusion.

Conclusion:

Now, after the tests are over and I fall on my judgment, the cooler will I have to emphasize again that anyone who had any problems my CPU cooler to cool very well. However, there are some very large differences in the coolers. For this I immediately decided to distribute other awards, as usual, because in my old review, gold / silver / bronze, had to actually get a Golden everyone.

Aquacomputer Kryos HF
    This cooler has to be in my test in the spring flow for the cooling power at best. By the relatively low flow it should be combined with a strong pump and / or other coolers that are not as restrictive. The assembly could be a little better resolved but not really heavy or too cumbersome.
    For excellent cooling performance, this cooler gets the Cartago's performance Revie King Award.

EK Water Blocks Supreme HF Full nickel

This cooler is here, as a very joyous flow of the cooler is also at temperatures does not weaken large. Its exterior is unassuming but elegant design. Assembly takes place very easily and quickly and it also offers the possibility to optimize the cooling performance using different nozzle plates. It is a so-called "always on it fits" cooler, you can not do anything wrong with it and also problems with smaller pump will not arise.
    For the super flow and simplicity of the cooler gets the Cartago's Review High Flow Master Award.

Swiftech Apogee HD

Swiftech gives us here a cooler of innovations and new concepts is the only way in spite of the right, both in the cooling capacity (standard 1x In, 1x Out) and in flow, it forms the middle ground of this comparative test dar. Installation is extremely simple because of the cooler comes already pre-assembled with thumbscrews. Visually, he is, in spite of the four ports cover, but have rather inconspicuous or in combination with black hose will be very helpful to look at. Unfortunately, I was able to use the multi-port feature is not here but I am assuming that you are in appropriate systems also brings something, so this gets cooler the Cartag Innovation Freak's Review Award

XSPC Raystorm

The new radiator XSPC mixed vigorously with the front, both in comparison with flow temperature as it is with the front. The successful installation of the older Rasa has been adopted here because it is very simple and functional. The processing of the cooler was very good. Above all, the cooler which looks pretty good, depending on your preference, the cooler by means of 2 or 4 LED lights are here so you can place clear visual accents. Any modders can give free rein to his mind the combination of options is limited, so get this cooler the Cartago's Review DiesignGURU Award.

Conclusion:

Certainly, many are wondering why everyone got an award, as I said before, I really had to forgive each a Golden Award in the sum of their properties as they always were very good there. I could see the conclusion in the Pro & Cons list, but I did not found so great because it is my experience from this test would not reflect directly. So I sat here just to other awards that are likely to reflect the differences between the cooler and its area of ​​operations.

Acknowledgements.

For their great support in this test would like to thank the companies Aqua Computer EK Water Blocks Swiftech or XSPC .

Xtreme Enthusiast
    To the many XS Water Cooling readers, this is why I controlled for mounting pressure exactly in the previous review of the Swiftech Apogee HD. When testing is done with the OEM mounting screws/hardware, you will see the variance noted above. The delta is more than 1 deg C for every ~ 40 Newtons of variance.

Thanks for your time Cartago. I did not have the Kyros block when I did the previous Apogee HD review, but have since been sent it. Unfortunately, I can not replicate what you have above.
    Last edited by jayhall0315; 02-20-2012 at 01:34 PM.

Xtreme X.I.P.
    Good job!
    Thanks for sharing!

Jay, you are missing the realities of test bed and sample variation differences. I am finding mechanical contact being the key anymore and that is extremely dependant on you particular processor sample. Short of testing 10 block samples of the same block over 10 or more mounts over 10 different processor samples...no one tester is going to have anything definitive.

All we can do is try to encourage more testers to share and hopefully with enough test results you can get a feel.

The more testing I do the less confident I get in my own work...comes back to basic statistics and increasing the population size..

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Yes, I agree with you Martinm (provided testers use the OEM mounting hardware). Btw, are you having really long wait times to get into XS water cooling ? One moment, super fast and no problems, and then suddenly, takes forever to load a page and no response or the page times out. Your post also in the 452X2 review was lost as well.

Xtreme X.I.P.
    Yeah, it's been down most of the weekend for me, but fine ATM. I was missing my XS...

Xtreme Member
    Of course you're both right, but we say this so I'm for the Practical Test and Martin Special to the she-depth and technocratic

Xtreme Member
    Great review @cartago2202! I now know what EK means by "Full EN", meaning the block is nickel plated on the inside of the block as well, which should alleviate the oxidization/corrosion problems I read about on the RRR site.
    Intel Core i7 920 @ 4.2 GHz w/Prolimatech Mega Shadow & San Ace 9G1212M101 | Asus Rampage II Gene BIOS 0904 | Corsair XMS3 1600 MHz CL7 6 x 2GB | Visiontek Radeon HD 4870 X2 | Intel X25-M 160GB SSD & WD Caviar Black 1TB | Creative X-Fi XtremeGamer PCI | Seasonic Gold X-750 Modular PSU | Antec Mini P180 w/dual San Ace 9G1212H101s | Eizo Nanao S2100 21"

Xtreme Mentor
    raystorm is best price
    Intel Core i5 6600K + ASRock Z170 OC Formula + Galax HOF 4000 (8GBx2) + Antec 1200W OC Version
    EK SupremeHF + BlackIce GTX360 + Swiftech 655 + XSPC ResTop
    Macbook Pro 15" Late 2011 (i7 2760QM + HD 6770M)
    Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 (2014) , Huawei Nexus 6P
    [history system]80286 80386 80486 Cyrix K5 Pentium133 Pentium II Duron1G Athlon1G E2180 E3300 E5300 E7200 E8200 E8400 E8500 E8600 Q9550 QX6800 X3-720BE i7-920 i3-530 i5-750 Semp140@x2 955BE X4-B55 Q6600 i5-2500K i7-2600K X4-B60 X6-1055T FX-8120 i7-4790K