Thread: AMD Catalyst™ 12.2 Pre-Certified Driver 7xxx + CAP 3

Xtremely Kool

AMD Catalyst™ 12.2 Pre-Certified Driver 7xxx + CAP 3

Windows 7 and Windows® Vista® support for the AMD Radeon™ HD 7900 Series and AMD Radeon HD 7700 Series

Enables support for Windows 7 64-bit/32-bit and Windows Vista 64-bit/32-bit
    Windows XP support will be made available in AMD Catalyst 12.4

Super Sampling Anti-Aliasing is now available for DirectX® 10 and DirectX 11 applications

Supported on the AMD Radeon HD 7900 and 7700 Series
    Users can now enable Super Sample Anti-Aliasing and Adaptive Anti-Aliasing through the AMD Catalyst Control Center for DirectX 10 and DirectX 11 applications
    Applications must support in game Anti-Aliasing for the feature to work (Forced on Anti-Aliasing through the Catalyst Control Center is not supported for DirectX 10 and DirectX 11 applications)

AMD Eyefinity 2.1 technology enhancements

Custom resolutions – users can now choose from a much larger set of display resolutions for their AMD Eyefinity configurations
    Dynamic Configuration Changes: Switching between different display configurations (when physically plugging/un-plugging displays) will occur automatically by loading the appropriate profile
    HydraVision enhancements: The Windows Task bar can now be moved and resized based on users preference
    Profile Manager improvements: Users can now create multiple Display profiles, enabling users to seamlessly switch between various AMD Eyefinity and Display Configurations
    http://support.amd.com/us/kbarticles...ieddriver.aspx

AMD Catalyst™ Application Profiles 12.1 CAP 3
    New profiles added to this release:
    - Alan Wake - Improves CrossFire performance
    - Syndicate – Improves both single GPU and CrossFire performance
    - Darkness 2 – Improves CrossFire performance
    - Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning – Improves CrossFire performance for the AMD Radeon HD 6000 Series to avoid negative scaling at low resolutions
    - Natural Selection 2 – Fixes shadow map flickering issue seen with CrossFire enabled
    http://sites.amd.com/us/game/downloa...-profiles.aspx

Xtreme Mentor
    I upgraded to the 12.2's yesterday and it helped out a compatibility issue with a game (Dawn of war II) now runs instead of crashing the driver.

But the process of changing drivers reset my MSI Afterburner settings and I couldn't change them anymore, so I uninstalled the program, reinstalled 2.10 version, and did everything to enable overclocking (EULA statement, set unofficial overclocking mode to 1, voltage control in "profile" folder is set to 1, and edited a necessary file in the registry.

But afterburner still will not let me change clocks or even detect the voltage.

Anyone trying these new drivers has got any help that'd be cool
    Intel Rig
    2500K @ 4.8 Ghz 1.304v | ASRock Z68 Extreme3 Gen3| 2x4Gb Ripjaws DDR3-2133 | Radeon 7970 @ 1250/1800 | Corsair HX850 PSU
    Custom Water of course

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Absolute_0 View Post
    I upgraded to the 12.2's yesterday and it helped out a compatibility issue with a game (Dawn of war II) now runs instead of crashing the driver.

But the process of changing drivers reset my MSI Afterburner settings and I couldn't change them anymore, so I uninstalled the program, reinstalled 2.10 version, and did everything to enable overclocking (EULA statement, set unofficial overclocking mode to 1, voltage control in "profile" folder is set to 1, and edited a necessary file in the registry.

But afterburner still will not let me change clocks or even detect the voltage.

Anyone trying these new drivers has got any help that'd be cool
    Try the latest version here:
    http://downloads.guru3d.com/MSI-Afte...load-2859.html

With the latest version you don't have to type out the EULA statement anymore, you just have to agree and set the unofficial overclocking etc... I had a small bug with a previous version where it detected the stock settings but that has been fixed in this version.
    [i7 4770K] [Z87 Gene VI] [8GB Sammy] [GTX780] [H80i] [AX850] [350D] [XL2720T]

Xtreme Mentor
    Quote Originally Posted by UZ7 View Post
    Try the latest version here:
    http://downloads.guru3d.com/MSI-Afte...load-2859.html

With the latest version you don't have to type out the EULA statement anymore, you just have to agree and set the unofficial overclocking etc... I had a small bug with a previous version where it detected the stock settings but that has been fixed in this version.
    Just tried that out. I copied in the EULA statement anyway because it was there, set unofficial overclocking to one, did everything. I still cannot change the clocks. It may be some software conflict but I didn't have this much trouble before I changed drivers.
    Intel Rig
    2500K @ 4.8 Ghz 1.304v | ASRock Z68 Extreme3 Gen3| 2x4Gb Ripjaws DDR3-2133 | Radeon 7970 @ 1250/1800 | Corsair HX850 PSU
    Custom Water of course

Xtreme Member
    Just tried that out. I copied in the EULA statement anyway because it was there, set unofficial overclocking to one, did everything. I still cannot change the clocks. It may be some software conflict but I didn't have this much trouble before I changed drivers.
    Was it a clean installation????
    EVGA Classified (MSI XPower), 980X (i5 661, i5 680, i7 950, E8600, QX9650, E8400), Thermalright Venomous X , Kingston Hyper X 2000Mhz, MSI 480GTX (5870, 4870x2, Visiontek 3870 x2, XFX 8800GT w/HR03GT), DELL E248WFP, CM Silent Power Pro 1000W, Seagate 1TB + 1TB + 500GB+500GB, Auzentech X-Plosion, CM Bench Station, AL 641, MX 518, New G15 Keyboard

Xtreme Member
    For clean installs you'll need a file that's missing from this driver. Check the guru3d ati driver forum.
    "No, you'll warrant no villain's exposition from me."

Xtreme Mentor
    uninstalled + driver sweeper

maybe its afterburner and has nothing to do with the driver, i'll have time to play with it later
    Intel Rig
    Custom Water of course

Xtreme Memory Hoarder
    uninstalled + driver sweeper

maybe its afterburner and has nothing to do with the driver, i'll have time to play with it later
    you should probably use atiman's uninstaller instead of driversweeper for this application.

as for the 12.2 pre certified drivers, I was unable to oc at all with the original bios, both trixx and ab did not work until I flashed to the asus bios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hondacity View Post
    gskillllin it!