Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: GPUgrid goes bitcoin & AMD!!!!!!

Linux those diseases

GPUgrid goes bitcoin & AMD!!!!!!

http://donateathome.org/

Join our team

Linux those diseases
    An OC 570 gets about 154,000 Boinc points/day, so not really worth it for the points, but I would expect an AMD card to be much better, which I don't have at the moment

Xtreme Cruncher
    Yeah I would say keep the Nvidia cards on GPUGrid... but it's a nice alternative for those who have only ATI cards!

Any more information on it?

24 hour prime stable? Please, I'm 24/7/365 WCG stable!

So you can do Furmark, Can you Grid???

Yeah will do some research this sounds good

Linux those diseases
    Where's all the AMD card owners when you need 'em

I'm here whith 2 cards

These baby's are putting out heat 80 C per 6850 card i think i'll put my fans on high (lol fans in the case on high temps go to 71 C instead of 80~81 C and thats in a room temp of 21.5 C)
    Just one question, will this boost my GPU Grid points... ??
    Last edited by FaYt; 02-09-2012 at 11:19 AM.

Linux those diseases
    You've just doubled the members & no, it's a separate project. Nice cards you have there. Are they overclocked? They each look good for 320,000 boinc points/day

nope to standard 6850 Cards CU from Asus i'll put them at work

Any idea what a 2600pro would do?? Have lots of them
    Last edited by FaYt; 02-10-2012 at 02:06 PM.

Xtreme Cruncher
    hi what cards are needed for this im shadows daughter and will be taking over for him shadow is loosing his eye sight so im taking over for him.
    i got the ok to order what ever video cards are needed to get this project going to help out thank you in advance, and my dad wishes you all well.

Xtreme Cruncher
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowwind View Post
    hi what cards are needed for this im shadows daughter and will be taking over for him shadow is loosing his eye sight so im taking over for him.
    i got the ok to order what ever video cards are needed to get this project going to help out thank you in advance, and my dad wishes you all well.
    Aw, sad to hear about that. Hope his eyesight improves and that everything else is well.

As for the graphics cards - Nvidia cards are still the best option (IMO) as they contribute to the project directly. With this the recommendation would be a GTX 570 until kepler comes out.

For AMD cards (bitcoin) it looks like the ideal is still 5970, 5950 (flashed to 5970) or 5970. But as those cards are hard to find for reasonable prices the 6950 (flashed to 6970) would be next best with an actual 6970 coming in next if you are not willing to flash the cards.

Hope that helps! If you need any more info just ask and we'll be happy to help!

Xtreme Cruncher
    ty otis on the fast reply i just ordered 2/ 7950s and 1 /7970 i hope those will work out, im not sure he will buy nvidia cards again he had lots of bad luck
    with there cards over the years. re-badge 250s and a few others. I myself like them but he buying im just a helper.

Linux those diseases
    Those should do very nicely. Great to have you both along for the journey

Xtreme Cruncher
    Ah! I forgot the 7 series are out by AMD! (Can you tell I'm much better with the Nvidia cards? )

But those will work great! You're looking at 1.6 Gh/s on those 3 cards.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Is Firepro V7900 compatible with this project ?

Xtreme Cruncher
    hello all i was wondering if a 65 watt tri core Liano and use the built in gpu would work on this project.
    I like the idea of low power consumption, also got my new cards in im waiting on my dad to get back he will be home next week some time. ty all.

Xtreme Cruncher
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowwind View Post
    hello all i was wondering if a 65 watt tri core Liano and use the built in gpu would work on this project.
    I like the idea of low power consumption, also got my new cards in im waiting on my dad to get back he will be home next week some time. ty all.
    I honestly don't know... I'm not that experienced with the donate project or client - hopefully someone with more knowledge than me will chime in, but I have a feeling as this is based off of bitcoin the guys over here might be able to answer your question.

Xtreme Cruncher
    I still don't even know wth bitcoin even is guys...............srsly
    i3-8100 | GTX 970
    Ryzen 5 1600 | RX 580
    Assume nothing; Question everything

Xtreme Member
    I have a spare 6870 I am willing to donate, if anyone is interested?
    Main* Fractal Define XL - Intel Core i3 2100 - Gigabyte Z68MA D2H B3 - Dominator 4GB - HD 6870 Crossfire - Corsair HX1000 - Stock Cooler - WD 300GB Velociraptor - WD Caviar Black 1TB X2- AOC LED 23inch - ACER LCD 23inch - G500 Mouse - Thermaltake Challenger Keyboard

Netbook* HP Pavilion DM1Z

DEAD****** Intel Core i7 950 @ 3.7 - Rampage lll Formula - Vengance 12GB - GTX 570 SC Sli - Creative Soundblaster X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Pro - Thermaltake FrioFractal

Linux those diseases
    The team needs all the help it can get

Xtreme Cruncher
    old nvidia cards work as well i got my dads old gtx 260 working going to try a 250 in a few mins.
    on the 260 i had to under clock it to get it going.

oh and badbaker

Xtreme Member
    Thanks, I won't be joining the team. Yet. Currently in the process of moving from australia to new zealand. But I found a powercolour 6870 in a cupboard and would like to donate it to someone who needs it, and would but it to good use and a good cause.
    Main* Fractal Define XL - Intel Core i3 2100 - Gigabyte Z68MA D2H B3 - Dominator 4GB - HD 6870 Crossfire - Corsair HX1000 - Stock Cooler - WD 300GB Velociraptor - WD Caviar Black 1TB X2- AOC LED 23inch - ACER LCD 23inch - G500 Mouse - Thermaltake Challenger Keyboard

DEAD****** Intel Core i7 950 @ 3.7 - Rampage lll Formula - Vengance 12GB - GTX 570 SC Sli - Creative Soundblaster X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Pro - Thermaltake FrioFractal

You may send it over here... but i'm in the netherlands.... long way from australia...

Xtreme Member
    If your willing to pay the postage, its yours free. Still have the box and all.

ill pm you and i will see what the postage is/.

Xtreme Cruncher
    Sorry S,A,M im going to pull out for a bit every friday i lose the server then get it back to lose it again,

I have not seen the server in 24 hours and it seems to me they dont care any more.

Nate has the cash needed to continue on the gpugrid, so im going to try and catch gpu beta for wcg.

it was fun

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast