Thread: Broken Pins on P4C 2.6C PLZ HELP!

Xtreme Enthusiast

Angry Broken Pins on P4C 2.6C PLZ HELP!

Hey all, I posted this in the Gen. Hardware forum but I dont think many people saw it. I really urgently need your help. Recently I bent pins dropping the CPU and then I bent them back and they snapped off . How would you guys recommend go about getting this fixed? Do I need new pins? Do I need these pins in the first place? Is there anything I can do to fix them without sending the proc away? Does anyone do repair services? I have a high res pic. Does anyone have any ideas? Your help is very much appreciated! Here is the datasheet if anyone can tell me what the pins do. (ftp://download.intel.com/design/Pent...s/29864311.pdf)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	pins.jpg 
Views:	311 
Size:	169.4 KB 
ID:	8251  
    20026 01 <-- 9500 NP (on air) CPU TEC Cooled.

Originally posted by FUGGER
    Just the live video sex chat girls come to mind, not that I know anything about that
    With detail settings maxed, full PS and VS support, and highest resolution available, my life runs at 60FPS solid.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    just to clarify, "pin 1" isnt borked, I just said that for reference kuz im not sure whether it is pin one or pin 3 in the datasheet. Hopefully someone can tell me. The borked pins are 19 and 20 as you can see. Thanks in advance.

Just the live video sex chat girls come to mind, not that I know anything about that
    With detail settings maxed, full PS and VS support, and highest resolution available, my life runs at 60FPS solid.

Xtreme Member
    is that liquidy stuff on there cause you put it there? looks like you coated it in hot glue

Xtreme Enthusiast
    it's dielectric grease, and no it didnt cause the problem, I used it for a couple of days like that and it worked fine.

Xtreme Member
    Hi

Well if ure good with a solder iron thats what I would try, just be careful and dont shake too much :-).

Ment
    A64 3800+ 2.6, DFI NF4 Sli-dr, 2gig Ballistix, 600 giga hd, X850XT PE, Aureon, IBM T860 18.1, Watercooled by DD RBX

Xtreme Legend
    Just put those broken pins (or THIN solder) to corresponding holes in socket and plug to processor on (remove that grease first). If youre lucky it might work.

If it doesnt work, you should take it to professional, cause its really HARD to fix it.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    has anyone had any expierience with motherboardrepair.com?

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Originally posted by Slickthellama
    has anyone had any expierience with motherboardrepair.com?
    The owner is a great guy and is highly recommeded by me. I have sent many people to him and nodody has ever mentioned any dissatisfaction. Tell him I sent you and he will charge you 20% extra

P4 3.2
    P4C800-E
    Xtreme Tek Werkz Typhoon waterblock
    Maze4 GPU Waterblock
    Mcx159-P w/10,500rpm counter-rotating 50mm JMC fan
    Mushin BH-5 Promo build 2-2-2
    9800 pro with silversink ramsinks
    WD Raptors

My Heatware

I have soldered quite few pins back on P4's. Easies way to my knowledge is to rip of normal UDMA66 cable and use copper wires that are used on the cable. In your case seems even very easy cause pins are located on the edge so you have optimal working conditions. Just solder copperwire on tinpad and cut it to a right height. Has worked for me several times.

Old picture about crazy experiment: "it is possible to enable HT on non HT P4's?"
    Last edited by Morkai; 01-31-2004 at 12:07 AM.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Originally posted by Silversink
    The owner is a great guy and is highly recommeded by me. I have sent many people to him and nodody has ever mentioned any dissatisfaction. Tell him I sent you and he will charge you 20% extra
    keke, but honestly tho, he is a good guy? I am an expierienced solderer but I still would rather that someone else do this. Ill send it to him then. I'm emailing him now. Thanks all for your suggestions.