Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567

Thread: Swiftech Komodo HD7970 Preview

Quote Originally Posted by gabe View Post
    Swiftech's Komodo HD7970 full cover VGA waterblocs featured in AMD's Game Blog
    Pictures are worth a thousand words; in this instance, the pic is so gorgeous I just couldn't resist posting it here.. such a magnificient example of a CrossFireX™ setup using Komodo waterblocks with an AMD® platform... Darn, I wish I knew how to take pics like this!

Oh, and wait.. no crop circles anywhere

Absolutely LOVELY!

I still have not found the time to install mine... yet

Mr Swiftech
    Quote Originally Posted by ElGreco View Post
    Absolutely LOVELY!

I still have not found the time to install mine... yet
    I should have brought it to you myself then, coming over to Europe last week of June ;-)
    CEO Swiftech

@Gabe and anyone who has tried this

Hi,

I was wondering... would it be possible to use thermal pads ALSO between the backplate and pcb, to use the backplate plate as thermal disipator as well?

Like in EK backplate:
    http://www.ekwb.com/shop/EK-IM/EK-IM-3831109856192.pdf

Also, another user was kind enough to show me what he did to avoid even the slightest chance of sortcircuit between the backplate and the pcb... (extra washers used). I find this very clever and quite safe...

http://img198.imageshack.us/img198/9...352cphoto2.jpg

What do you think?

Xtreme Member
    Nice! This is the first time I saw this. I have plans to build my own water-block in my brothers's fabrication shop and I will be copyright infringing the hell out of this thing (of course I have to it by hand with a mill-drill). But, if I somehow get to lazy to go through with it them I'm going to be buying two of this.
    Custom case laser cut from a 3/16" thick sheet of brushed Aluminum 8"x80" & cold formed into a box then anodized black with 1/2" Poly-carbonate side panels..[.fully modular, all aluminum mounting brackets, HD bays, and mobo tray are removable...down to the bare box
    --Asus Maximus V Gene--
    --Intel 3770k @4.2 GHz De-lided and I soldered an Arctic Twin Turbo to the Intel.
    --MSI R7970 3GB @1150, 1500 cooled with an Arctic Accelero Xtreme--
    --G.SKILL Ripjaws @2400 MHz --
    --SeaSonic X-1050 Gold--
    --128 GB Sandisk UltraPlus is was only $59 new! Seagate 1TB HD--
    --Samsung S23A750D 120Hz monitor--
    --Razer Tarantula-- keyboard, yes it is like 8 years old!
    --Corsair M60 mouse--
    --Klipsh Promedia 2.1-- I rock stereo speakers the way they were meant to be rocked
    -- 100% Fun ...

Does it ever shock anyone else when your hear someone use Darwin's "survival of the fittest" to justify genocide?

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567