Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Swiftech Komodo HD7970 Preview

Mr Swiftech
    They are here..

Block arrived yesterday, and we have been busy reworking them for this pesty overgrown cap.

Here are more details pics of the product.

Unfortunately, we also found one cosmetic issue with the sticker that is slightly bubbling at the VR cavity cover screws. The screws stick out 0.1 to 0.2mm and since the sticker is mirror black it obviously shows.

This obviously doesn't show once the block is installed, but it is really unfortunate as this product is otherwise gorgeous (particularly when installed with the logo lit up, it is truly sweet..)

There is no quick fix for this, and we need to rework the vr cavity cover screw countersinks to allow the screws to sink a tiny more, and to replace the sticker because once you remove it, it no longer looks good.

We should receive corrected VR covers and stickers within a week or so, then we'll need to rework the inventory.

Meanwhile, we will put the product on sale as is, with an advisory for a cosmetic defect, and a 10% discount on the MSRP.

MSRP:

Block, including backplate, PCI bracket, plugs, preinstalled therm pads, no fittings: $154.95
    Bridge x2 : $21.95
    Bridge x3 : $27.95

The product will go for sale online within 24 hours. We'll hold off shipping to retail channels until the cosmetic issue is fixed.
    CEO Swiftech

Sweet!! Anything new on the DCII front?

I am Xtreme
    and what about the 7950, eta on those?
    2500k @ 4900mhz - Asus Maxiums IV Gene Z - Swiftech Apogee LP
    GTX 680 @ +170 (1267mhz) / +300 (3305mhz) - EK 680 FC EN/Acteal
    Swiftech MCR320 Drive @ 1300rpms - 3x GT 1850s @ 1150rpms
    XS Build Log for: My Latest Custom Case

Mr Swiftech
    7990 release: AMD seems to be slow releasing this product.

7950 release: prototyping.

DCII ? you mean Apogee Drive II .. in production
    CEO Swiftech

Xtreme Addict
    very nice looking part will be replacing my old komodo for sure.

Hopefully the 7990 won't be tooo much of a stretch and won't take long to release a WC version.
    i7 6700K @4.8 ghz
    XSPC RayStorm (very nice block)
    Z170 Sabertooh ,, 32GB- Gskill (15-15-15-36 @3600 mhz) 1:1
    XFX-7970 with Swiftech Komodo nickel block
    Water Cooling - MO-RA3 Pro with 4 Silverstone 180mm @ 700 rpm, Twin Vario mcp-655 pumps
    Samsung 850-1TB SSD,, OCZ ZX-1250W (powerfull and silent)
    Crossfire 30" decent monitor for IPS too bad SED tech died

Docsis2.0 Docsis3.0

-- People who reject the idea that "government has a responsibility to reduce income inequality" give an average of four times more than people who accept that proposition.

whew

Quote Originally Posted by gabe View Post
    Yes if you tossed these parts you cannot use our block. We can only use the stock cross-bracket retention.
    I found a spare thank god. I so want to be the first to ger this. My rig has been waiting for almost a month

Quote Originally Posted by aleicgrant View Post
    I found a spare thank god. I so want to be the first to ger this. My rig has been waiting for almost a month
    I've been waiting since the beginning of February to get some water on my new rig.
    From the looks of it, it will have been worth the wait.
    Last edited by cobra93; 03-20-2012 at 02:30 PM.
    MSi z68 (Gen3)
    Samsung 830
    AMD 7970
    16 GB. Ripjaws
    Antec 1200

right there with ya

I have two full size rads stuffed in the top and bottom of my corsair just itching to blaze some fps

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by gabe View Post
    DCII ? you mean Apogee Drive II .. in production
    he meant asus 7970 directcu ii... which is a poorly engineered card. I've got a couple yesterday and sending them back to vendor, not worth the money or trouble.
    Sig is under construction

Poorly engineered? Care to elaborate?

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Thry have been seen to oc LESS then the reference card

Oh ok, as long as its just baseless conjecture and speculation
    Mine OC's just fine and I have heard of reference cards too that can't even make my DCII default speeds... It's all a crap shoot and obviously you hear the moaners and complainers more than the happy few (like me).

I am ready to order. lets do this already !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by tijgert View Post
    Oh ok, as long as its just baseless conjecture and speculation
    Mine OC's just fine and I have heard of reference cards too that can't even make my DCII default speeds... It's all a crap shoot and obviously you hear the moaners and complainers more than the happy few (like me).
    Like I said I have two of DC2s, so my opinion is far from "baseless". Plus, if you bother to read multiple threads on personal experiences with these cards available all over the internet (for example the one one hardforum), you'll be aware of multiple design issues with this card which have nothing to do with oc'ing capability. Next time, try to stay informed before shooting "baseless conjecture and speculation" yourself
    Last edited by anzial; 03-21-2012 at 10:55 AM.
    Sig is under construction

Quote Originally Posted by cobra93 View Post
    I've been waiting since the beginning of February to get some water on my new rig.
    From the looks of it, it will have been worth the wait.
    A, common guys, I am waiting since late December for these 2 blocks to finally finsh my watercooling loop

Gabe,
    in the second picture shown above with the backplate, there seems to be a backplate bending at the left side. Is this true or is it just the picture viewing aspect?
    Last edited by ElGreco; 03-21-2012 at 01:28 PM.

still not up for order yet...............GROWL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!! come on Gabe stop teasing us !!!

ok Gabe, whats the deal here. I need to order one of these TODAY. otherwise I can no longer wait any more and will have to buy an alternate product. Please open these up for order

ok Gabe, whats the deal here. I need to order one of these TODAY. otherwise I can no longer wait any more and will have to buy an alternate product. Please open these up for order
    You can order now.
    http://www.swiftech.com/KOMODO-HD7970.aspx

Ordered !!!!!!!!!!!

Gabe, I just placed my order. I have a question. Instead of getting the 10% off rebate, could you just increase my shipping speed. I really want to get this block asap

thanks

Like I said I have two of DC2s, so my opinion is far from "baseless". Plus, if you bother to read multiple threads on personal experiences with these cards available all over the internet (for example the one one hardforum), you'll be aware of multiple design issues with this card which have nothing to do with oc'ing capability. Next time, try to stay informed before shooting "baseless conjecture and speculation" yourself
    Having two DCII's makes you twice as right, which was marginally at best anyway. Still means nothing.
    That thread on Hardforum is about the availability of the cards and obviously any subject can and will be conversed about, including disappointments. But if you read a little more closely you'd see that many people write about their success there too, just as if it was a mixed bag of luck like I already stated.

Any popular and eagerly awaited product will attract a lot of attention and this card sure drew its share.

Unless you have a technological degree and can dish out some hard figures on why the card is flawed, I will still say that you're only rambling about your own dissapointments and seem more to have some vendetta against that particular card now than *any* founded and substantial knowledge about it.

Ordered !!!!!!!!!!!
    Did you get the 10% off?
    I ordered mine last night, but the 10% wasn't applied at checkout like it was supposed to be.
    MSi z68 (Gen3)
    Samsung 830
    AMD 7970
    16 GB. Ripjaws
    Antec 1200

I am Xtreme
    Quote Originally Posted by ElGreco View Post
    A, common guys, I am waiting since late December for these 2 blocks to finally finsh my watercooling loop

Gabe,
    in the second picture shown above with the backplate, there seems to be a backplate bending at the left side. Is this true or is it just the picture viewing aspect?
    Heh, mere child's play, I've been waiting since Feb 2011 for the 140mm MCR's. I just hope they're worth the wait.
    Last edited by Waterlogged; 03-23-2012 at 12:23 AM.
    Circles SucQ!

If your annoyed by sigs telling you to put things in your sig, then put this in your sig

Bribery won't work on me...just say NO to AT!!!

yes I did

Quote Originally Posted by cobra93 View Post
    Did you get the 10% off?
    I ordered mine last night, but the 10% wasn't applied at checkout like it was supposed to be.

the rebate is processed back after the order is placed

Problem with installation of Komodo

Ok I have an interesting,odd problem. I have a brand new board, video card, psu. When the block is mounted the computer will not power on at all. With the block off it fires right up. Could something be touching on the inside to short it. Been struggling with this for hours......... The card is an XFX 3gb black edition and is on the approved list

Have also tried three other video cards and the computer fires right up.

Could the initial problem with the taller caps because this issue.

HELP !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Specs

Intel 2600k proc
    16gb mem Corsair
    XFX 1250w black edition PSU
    XFX 3gb Black Edition 7970
    MSI Z68A-GD80

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast