Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Swiftech Komodo HD7970 Preview

Mr Swiftech

Swiftech Komodo HD7970 Preview

ETA for release is wk4 February.

Features:

- True full cover (covers the entire PCB)
    - 0.25x0.25 Micro Pin matrix
    - Active VR Cooling
    - Black chrome plated single slot PCI bracket
    - Brushed Aluminum black anodized back Plate
    - Bridge has illuminated Logo (Brushed Aluminum black anodized Front plate)
    - locating GPU standoffs to re-use AMD stock cross-bracket
    - True-Chrome plated copper base plate

CF, 2-CF & 4-CF bridges will also be available.

CEO Swiftech

Xtreme Member
    Nice looking block!

Xtreme Addict
    under the sticker, is it just regular flat delrin?

Xtreme Member
    I've two questions, Gabe.

1. Will there be a bridge to support GFX cards, which are only 1 slot apart? In another word, they're all sandwiched together without any extra space.
    2. Will removing the sticker void warranty? E.g. Taking apart the block to clean the interior?

Phil

i7 4GHz ♦ Asus R2G ♦ OCZ Intel XMP ♦ Asus 5870 ♦ Crucial M4 ♦ Swiftech ♦ Koolance

X4 3.5GHz ♦ Biostar 890GXE ♦ OCZ AMD BE ♦ Asus 8800 ♦ WD Veloci ♦ Swiftech ♦ XSPC

Xtreme Addict
    Simply put, do want. This SERIOUSLY matches what I'm working on now. It's as if you read my mind.

GET OUT OF MY MIND!

(Just kidding, but this is great. Will we get a 7950 version like it?)

Xtreme Member
    Nice one tapping the fan header to power the block's LED.

Phil

i7 4GHz ♦ Asus R2G ♦ OCZ Intel XMP ♦ Asus 5870 ♦ Crucial M4 ♦ Swiftech ♦ Koolance

X4 3.5GHz ♦ Biostar 890GXE ♦ OCZ AMD BE ♦ Asus 8800 ♦ WD Veloci ♦ Swiftech ♦ XSPC

Xtreme X.I.P.
    Nice job on sealing up all those complex paths with o-rings....also neat fitting block/LED concept. Great job!

Very nice!
    What will the damage be?
    MSi z68 (Gen3)
    Samsung 830
    AMD 7970
    16 GB. Ripjaws
    Antec 1200

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Will it be available in full retail form (pre-mounted), from EVGA or other partners ?

24/7 running quiet and nice

Mr Swiftech
    Quote Originally Posted by Boogerlad View Post
    under the sticker, is it just regular flat delrin?
    Yes it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Philwong View Post
    I've two questions, Gabe.

1. Will there be a bridge to support GFX cards, which are only 1 slot apart? In another word, they're all sandwiched together without any extra space.
    2. Will removing the sticker void warranty? E.g. Taking apart the block to clean the interior?

Phil
    bridge spacing: we are making bridges for 1.6" and 2.4" PCI spacing.
    removing sticker: no it doesn't void your warranty, but if you have leaks upon re-assembly, it's your responsibility.

Quote Originally Posted by gmat View Post
    Will it be available in full retail form (pre-mounted), from EVGA or other partners ?
    EVGA doesn't offer AMD boards. Swiftech will continue partnering with EVGA for upcoming NVidia products; I can't comment re. other AMD/partners.

QUESTIONS FOR YOU ALL:

Noticed that some of our competitors are offering the 1-slot bracket as an option; Also, I have not seen any back-plates being offered for this card, but the question is this:

What's the consensus for these two items? you prefer optional or included in price?
    Last edited by gabe; 01-28-2012 at 08:49 AM.
    CEO Swiftech

Plz include it

I am Xtreme
    Quote Originally Posted by gabe View Post

QUESTIONS FOR YOU ALL:

Noticed that some of our competitors are offering the 1-slot bracket as an option; Also, I have not seen any back-plates being offered for this card, but the question is this:

What's the consensus for these two items? you prefer optional or included in price?
    Both should be available but not included IMO.

I second what lowfat said.
    I steal all your cookies !!

Build Log AKA "Hamster" The Constant run towards evolution..

RP452X2 "How to bleed" Guide...

i5 2500K | 8GB 2133 Dominator GT | Gigabyte P67A UD7
    GTX580 x3 | OCZ Vertex 3 240GB | WD Blacks x2 2TB RAID1
    Corsair AX750 + 1200 | Caselab M10 + Pedestal
    Koolance 370 | AquagraFX 580 x3 | D5 x4 | Dual Loop
    Aquaero XT | PA2 x6

Xtreme Addict
    I would absolutely want them with the block. I'm hoping we see a trend with this being offered for other blocks.

bridge spacing: we are making bridges for 1.6" and 2.4" PCI spacing.

QUESTIONS FOR YOU ALL:

Excelent job Gabe! Welldone!

Regarding your question:
    a. I prefer to have all the extra items included in the box (bracket and backpate, etc). This way, the production of these extra items will be higher and the overall price lower! So, all these people who want the complete package will not pay a higher total price as they would if they would buy the items inividually. Not to mention the fact that many times, the availability of the blocks and backpates or brackets is not the same, meaning multiple orders and consequently increased postage fees!
    b.There is at least one company producing backplates as addon to their 7970 waterblock, utilzing thermal pads for extra cooling.

Nice Job!
    Last edited by ElGreco; 01-28-2012 at 12:32 PM.

I am Xtreme
    I think both, include for those that absolutely have to have them (@ a small mark up (say 5%) compared to what they would cost individually for the "convenience" of an all inclusive kit), and sell individually for those that could care less or don't like spending on things they feel they don't need.
    Circles SucQ!

If your annoyed by sigs telling you to put things in your sig, then put this in your sig

Bribery won't work on me...just say NO to AT!!!

Mr Swiftech
    Quote Originally Posted by ElGreco View Post

Regarding the Crossfire Bridges: You imply to use swiftech existing bridges or you will build new ones specific for these series of blocks?

Regarding your question:
    a. I prefer to have all the extra items included in the box (bracket and backpate, etc). This way, the production of these extra items will be higher and the overall price lower! So, all these people who want the complete package will not pay a higher total price as they would if they would buy the items inividually. Not to mention the fact that many times, the availability of the blocks and backpates or brackets is not the same, meaning multiple orders and consequently increased postage fees!
    b.There is at least one company producing backplates as addon to their 7970 waterblock, utilzing thermal pads for extra cooling.

Nice Job!
    excellent & realistic remarks.
    CEO Swiftech

Xtreme Addict
    Block looks very nice

Included please, I don't like the risk of having to order from 3 different stores to get all 3 items due to stock levels.

Xtreme X.I.P.
    IMHO, I would rather have the backplate included. I really enjoy having a very complete accessories package and you guys have always been very generous in that area with the included barbs, clamps, etc. It's well worth while and makes the overall experience much better.

Mr Swiftech
    Quote Originally Posted by aReado View Post
    Plz include it
    Quote Originally Posted by lowfat View Post
    Both should be available but not included IMO.
    Quote Originally Posted by frank anderson View Post
    I second what lowfat said.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kayin View Post
    I would absolutely want them with the block. I'm hoping we see a trend with this being offered for other blocks.
    Quote Originally Posted by ElGreco View Post

Regarding your question:

Nice Job!
    Quote Originally Posted by Waterlogged View Post
    I think both, include for those that absolutely have to have them (@ a small mark up (say 5%) compared to what they would cost individually for the "convenience" of an all inclusive kit), and sell individually for those that could care less or don't like spending on things they feel they don't need.
    Quote Originally Posted by naokaji View Post
    Block looks very nice

Included please, I don't like the risk of having to order from 3 different stores to get all 3 items due to stock levels.
    Quote Originally Posted by Martinm210 View Post
    IMHO, I would rather have the backplate included. I really enjoy having a very complete accessories package and you guys have always been very generous in that area with the included barbs, clamps, etc. It's well worth while and makes the overall experience much better.
    Thanks for your feed-back YALL, "in favor of including" seems to prevail, with solid rationale behind it. I personnaly concur, but wanted some feed-back. Dealers also prefer that (less spare parts to carry), and I prefer it also from a logistics stand-point. Given the $500 price-tag of these graphics cards, it seems that a few bucks more for a complete watgerblock package makes more sense.
    CEO Swiftech

Xtreme Supporter
    Thanks for your feed-back YALL, "in favor of including" seems to prevail, with solid rationale behind it. I personnaly concur, but wanted some feed-back. Dealers also prefer that (less spare parts to carry), and I prefer it also from a logistics stand-point. Given the $500 price-tag of these graphics cards, it seems that a few bucks more for a complete watgerblock package makes more sense.
    I vote for all - block, bracket and backplate.

Xtreme Mentor
    Nice looking card!

I agree with most others, charge a little extra and include everything.

Any plans for an over clocking utility?
    Last edited by OC Nub; 01-28-2012 at 11:25 PM.

Xtreme Guru
    Gabe: when making those bridges imho you might use not rounded edges with big radius like for previous bridge for use with universal blocks, but with angular edges, to fit better with most of latest swiftech full cover blocks / tops of MCP35X / top of apogee HD. Or rather post several design options here to gatehr feedback.
    And it's more with block design, i hope you have settled on specific distance to inlets from end of card, for different blocks to be uniteable with same bridge (uni-gpu + multi-gpu, or mixed vendor cards to get physx with amd for example), like it was talked about at one other thread.
    Last edited by Church; 01-28-2012 at 11:42 PM.

Today i tried to redesign my loop on paper in order to be ready when swiftech waterblocks arrive. I think i am stuck since i have no idea of the bridges design (input, output, serial, parallel etc)
    Gabe, it would be nice to have a preview of those bridges in order to be able to prepare accordingly...

Regarding churchy's post about the bridges, please allow me to add another parameter to the cf bridge "equation"... and that parameter is "efficiency". GPU waterblocks are restrictive, especially in crossfire or even quadfire. So, right angles might be an "effective" idea, but not sure if its going to be efficient as well, since these will cause even higher pressure drop...
    http://martinsliquidlab.org/2011/01/...elbow-impacts/

Xtreme Supporter
    Gabe, any plan to support the upcoming Asus 7970 DirectCu II?

Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast