Thread: 2 bay reservoir advice

2 bay reservoir advice

Im using an XSPC 2 bay (d5) reservoir in my actual pc. now I,m involved in my new build and I will repit the 2 bay reservoir experience, but will like to know your opinions about the different models on the market, the pump will be the same D5 I use now.

Xtreme Member
    I have a REV 1.3 Koolance RP-452X2 and I love it. They just recently released a 2.0 Version that looks significantly better though.

http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/...%28RP-452X2%29

Intel Core i7-2600K---> Koolance 370
    3 X EVGA 480 GTX SC's Watercooled--> Koolance VID-NX480 blocks, HWLabs GTX 480, Liang D5 Vario
    Koolance RP-45X2 Reservoir
    Corsair Obsidian 800D
    Gigabyte GA-Z68X-UD7-B3 MB
    SILVERSTONE ST1500 1500W PSU
    16G CORSAIR DOMINATOR-GT (4 x 4GB) PC3 12800
    2 X Kingston HyperX SH100S3B/120G SATA 3 in RAID 0
    1 X WD Caviar Black 1TB
    Dell 3007 WFP-HC
    Z-5500's
    Windows 7 64bit

Quote Originally Posted by Section8 View Post
    I have a REV 1.3 Koolance RP-452X2 and I love it. They just recently released a 2.0 Version that looks significantly better though.

http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/...%28RP-452X2%29
    +

In my case I have a single loop only with one d5 pump. This Koolance looks very nice but it seems is showing two loops

Xtreme Member
    The supreme land of rules and regulations
    I can wholeheartedly recommend the Monsoon: http://www.dangerden.com/store/pump-bay-reservoirs/

Both it and the Koolance can be run with either dual or single loops.
    If I'm a danger to myself just think what I could do to you.

Quote Originally Posted by century child View Post
    I can wholeheartedly recommend the Monsoon: http://www.dangerden.com/store/pump-bay-reservoirs/

Both it and the Koolance can be run with either dual or single loops.
    The one from Danger Den is the one I like better,unfortunately is not available in Europe in any re-seller and get it from US, make the price very high ( shipment+customs). Away from that I understand the Koolance can run a single loop only but in this case what happens ? You see de water running only in the half part of the reservoir or in both?? The front will allways show two sections instead of one ??

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ea3ot View Post
    The one from Danger Den is the one I like better,unfortunately is not available in Europe in any re-seller and get it from US, make the price very high ( shipment+customs). Away from that I understand the Koolance can run a single loop only but in this case what happens ? You see de water running only in the half part of the reservoir or in both?? The front will allways show two sections instead of one ??
    You can run the Koolance for a single or dual loops with up to 2 pumps using compartmentalized or one combined reservoir.

Phil

i7 4GHz ♦ Asus R2G ♦ OCZ Intel XMP ♦ Asus 5870 ♦ Crucial M4 ♦ Swiftech ♦ Koolance

X4 3.5GHz ♦ Biostar 890GXE ♦ OCZ AMD BE ♦ Asus 8800 ♦ WD Veloci ♦ Swiftech ♦ XSPC

Let see Phil- I understand I can use a single loop with one d5, but what i need to know in this case is , if the water will flow on both sections of the reservoir or just only in one.

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ea3ot View Post
    Let see Phil- I understand I can use a single loop with one d5, but what i need to know in this case is , if the water will flow on both sections of the reservoir or just only in one.
    Correction: There will be minimal or no flow in the other compartment without a pump attached. That said, I'm sure the temp will somewhat normalized after a while.

Phil
    Last edited by Philwong; 01-27-2012 at 09:11 PM.

i7 4GHz ♦ Asus R2G ♦ OCZ Intel XMP ♦ Asus 5870 ♦ Crucial M4 ♦ Swiftech ♦ Koolance

X4 3.5GHz ♦ Biostar 890GXE ♦ OCZ AMD BE ♦ Asus 8800 ♦ WD Veloci ♦ Swiftech ♦ XSPC