Page 5 of 34 FirstFirst ... 234567815 ... LastLast

Thread: Monsoon Free Center Compression Fittings

I am Xtreme
    Quote Originally Posted by BoxGods View Post
    We will send her that dude form White Collar...the little bald one with the heavy glasses...
    Mozzie

I am Xtreme
    Quote Originally Posted by BoxGods View Post
    We will send her that dude form White Collar...the little bald one with the heavy glasses...
    so basically she gets a lateral trade instead of trading up
    "Thing is, I no longer consider you a member but, rather a parasite...one that should be expunged."

Xtreme Addict
    Well, he would be more of a shopping buddy for her...somebody to go to fashion shows with...to get mani-pedi's with etc lol.

Anyway, KOI Tech in Australia got a nice color shot with all 10 colors and finishes (including the orange). Top left is Black chrome....well they are pretty obvious actually =)

Shown are the 3/8" x 5/8" FYI

Killer picture Simon--nice job man!
    Last edited by BoxGods; 01-26-2012 at 12:03 AM. Reason: added pic

Wow, nice colors. I like purple and orange ))
    i5 2500k @ 4.5ghz | Gigabyte Z68X-UD3P | 8Gb Mushkin 2000Mhz | Palit GTX470 | Aerocool 1000W | Aerocool X-Predator
    XSPC Raystorm | Koolance VID-NX470 | Coolgate 360 | D5 Vario + EK-D5 X-TOP v2 | PrimoFlex Pro LRT 16/10

Banned
    very nice and good concept

when can we buy this in europe?

Xtreme Addict
    About 4 to 6 weeks. Less if possible.

Xtreme Member
    Is the coating on the white the same as the matte black? Also, if we order white fittings, do they come with white O-rings? Also, if it's not too much of a pain, I'm trying to get a feel for what the colors look like on the bitspower matte black angled fittings, would you mind posting a picture of the white on the bitspower? Thanks so much for the help, the fittings look great!

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by crazyg0od33 View Post
    Is the coating on the white the same as the matte black? Also, if we order white fittings, do they come with white O-rings? Also, if it's not too much of a pain, I'm trying to get a feel for what the colors look like on the bitspower matte black angled fittings, would you mind posting a picture of the white on the bitspower? Thanks so much for the help, the fittings look great!
    Yes, it is the same finish as on the matte black, (but white of course). White fittings come with one UV black and one UV white O ring per fitting. They are 2.4mm thick and made from premium silicone. I don't have any of their fittings on hand, but Creekin has posted some pictures on the OCAU thread here. Not sure if he has posted pictures of the white yet but he has mentioned in a chat that the black/white look is pretty killer and his second favorite behind the black and gold look.

Hope that helps =)

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by crazyg0od33 View Post
    do they come with white O-rings?
    yes

gah!
    tried to upload here but the new site "features" and the 400kb limit defeated me

http://ocau.com/pix/2rqvk
    X2k
    The comments above are in no way endorsed by the management, the poster or any sane, rational, intelligent entity. Any complaints or offence arising from said comments can please refer to Avatar <

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Creekin View Post
    yes

gah!
    tried to upload here but the new site "features" and the 400kb limit defeated me

http://ocau.com/pix/2rqvk
    You, sir, just made me place my order for 8 white fittings
    I was curious because I am doing a new build in may, and I have a white case, white tubing, and I am going to go all out and get these white fittings, with the matte black angled connectors. This will be EPIC

Xtreme Member
    I really like the titanium color fitting, do the oval holes in the side have a function or is that just to cut down on costs? Don't me wrong cutting costs is a good thing and usually makes them more affordable for the consumer.
    * My Case Labs STH10 Build Log *

Computer System:
    CPU = Intel i7 3770K
    MOBO = Asus Maximus V Extreme
    GPU = EVGA GeForce GTX 480 @ 880MHz|1760MHz|4200MHz @ 1.125v
    RAM = 8GB Dominator GT's
    SSD = Samsung 830 Series 256GB
    PSU = SeaSonic X-1250W
    SC = X-Fi Fatality Pro
    CASE = Case Labs STH10
    LCD = NEC MultiSync 1970GX 19"
    OS = Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit

Watercooling System:
    CPU = EK Supremacy Nickel+Acetal
    GPU = EK FC-480 GTX Nickel+Acetal
    MB = EK-FB Asus M5E Nickel+Acetal
    RES = EK-RES X3 250
    PUMP = Dual Koolance PMP-450's w/ EK-D5 Dual Top CSQ
    RAD = Dual HWLabs SR-1 560's w/Gentle Typhoon 1850rpm Fans
    LIQUID = Distilled Water w/Petra's Pure Silver Killcoil

I suspect it is more appearance than anything.
    The Cardboard Master
    Crunch with us, the XS WCG team
    Intel Core i7 2600k @ 4.5GHz, 16GB DDR3-1600, Radeon 7950 @ 1000/1250, Win 10 Pro x64

Xtreme Enthusiast
    the windows are mostly for looks yeah
    they look great with a contrasting tube colour inside
    but they also provide plenty of grip that doesn't shred your fingertips!
    X2k
    The comments above are in no way endorsed by the management, the poster or any sane, rational, intelligent entity. Any complaints or offence arising from said comments can please refer to Avatar <

Xtreme Addict
    Actually they INCREASE costs as it requires more machine time (in a different machine) to remove that material. They also are lighter which DOES add up in larger rigs with a lot of fittings.

Quote Originally Posted by Creekin View Post
    the windows are mostly for looks yeah
    they look great with a contrasting tube colour inside
    but they also provide plenty of grip that doesn't shred your fingertips!
    Awww come on! It wouldnt be water cooling if there wasnt blood and swearing involved!

Xtreme Member
    The supreme land of rules and regulations
    Quote Originally Posted by Systemlord View Post
    I really like the titanium color fitting, do the oval holes in the side have a function or is that just to cut down on costs? Don't me wrong cutting costs is a good thing and usually makes them more affordable for the consumer.
    As someone stated earlier in the thread, the "windows" also allow for visual confirmation that the tubing is fully seated on the barb.
    If I'm a danger to myself just think what I could do to you.

Xtreme Member
    Just placed my order for a 6 pack of the white ones, and 2 extras!! Can't wait. I would post pics of them, but I'm in college and I'm shipping everything to my house to keep until I do this build. Eagerly awaiting angled fittings, let me know if you need a tester for em when you start to make them (never hurts to ask haha)
    Thanks for the great work!

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Systemlord View Post
    That's what makes them a dress.

[[
    Last edited by thegcpu; 01-27-2012 at 03:07 PM.
    System:1
    Banchetto
    I7 860 4.2Ghz | Asus Maximus III Formula | EVGA 2 GTX295's | 4Gb (2x2Gb) Dominator GT Ram @ 2000 8-9-8-24-1T | OCZ RevoDrive3 120Gb SSD | Barracuda 500Gb HDD

W/C System
    Apogee XT | EK-FC285 Nickel| Thermochill PA 120.3 | TFC Xtender Shrouds |DD Monsoon Premium D5 Dual Bay Reservoir | MCP655-B|Noctua NF-P12| HydrX | B*P Compression Fittings

System:2
    Sunbeamtech Ultra-Tech Station
    I7 875K 4.4Ghz | EVGA P55 LE | PNY Quadro FX4800 | 4Gb (2x2Gb) Dominator Ram @ 1600 8-8-8-24-2T | 2 OCZ Vertex2 60Gb SSD RAID 0 | Barracuda 500Gb HDD

W/C System
    Apogee XT | DD Koosah | 2 Thermochill PA 120.1 | TFC Xtender Shrouds | EK-DDC X-RES 100 | MCP350 | Noctua NF-P12 | Indigo Xtreme | HydrX | B*P Compression Fittings

System Videos

Xtreme Addict
    Not so sure about that whole "Black Swan" thing she has going on lol.

I am Xtreme
    Quote Originally Posted by thegcpu View Post
    That's what makes them a dress.

[[
    other brands
    "Thing is, I no longer consider you a member but, rather a parasite...one that should be expunged."

Xtreme Addict
    And they say NASA never invents anything normal people can use? Cause that is obviously some HARD WORKING space aged miracle fabric.

Xtreme X.I.P.
    lol...that made my day...hehe

Xtreme Addict
    That fabric must have a 50 to 1 stretch ratio. Now if they could only make heatshrink like that.

These compression fittings look good enough to make me want to use them in the future, and I've always been a barb man .

Xtreme X.I.P.
    Quote Originally Posted by voigts View Post

These compression fittings look good enough to make me want to use them in the future, and I've always been a barb man .
    +1

While there are a few others that have improved some of the areas such as wrenching the base on and actually including barbs that have some definition in holding the tubing on, few have stepped outside of the box on changing looks and no others have a tool for the outer ring that I've used. My biggest complaint about compressions has been despite the "Tool-less" concept, I've always found myself with a set of channel locks and a rag trying to get them apart without damaging essentially defeating the whole purpose of tool-less. Some are better than others, but most are still using that tool-less concept for the outer ring which only works marginally well.
    Last edited by Martinm210; 01-28-2012 at 04:03 PM.

Xtreme Member
    Hopefully the rotary ones come out by the time LGA 2011 is out. Was going to get a 2700k soon but the price difference (read, no difference) between the new socket is minimal.

OCN finally managed to get those GT 2150's so I should have those soonish I hope.

Carnage

[Silverstone TJ11] [Silverstone 1200w]
    [EVGA Z77 FTW] [I5 2500k] [8gb Samsung 30nm]
    [Sapphire HD 7970]
    [Sound Blaster Titanium HD] [Sennheiser PC360]
    [Patriot Wildfire 120gb] [Seagate 1.5tb 7200pm]
    [Steelseries Sensei w/ I-2 Mousepad] [24" 1920x1200 Samsung]

Page 5 of 34 FirstFirst ... 234567815 ... LastLast